Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United: Comeback win. Again.

+21
KMD
Sushi Master
Lex
aleumdance
djoe26
Wilson37
Great Leader Sprucenuce
A Gunner
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
MJ
Emaharg
Twoism
lenear1030
EL Patron
julias
Sina
Eman
urbaNRoots
The Verminator
Jay29
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United: Comeback win. Again.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United: Comeback win. Again.

Post by Wilson37 Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:48 am

RealGunner wrote:Rosicky has a good left foot on him but think he just sliced it as he treid to shoot with outside of his left foot.

Everton away will be one of our hardest fixtures remaining. And with the form Everton are in, not to mention their record against big clubs this season

we may be brought down to earth next week...
true.. Everton comes up with great performances against big teams.. But i think we have managed to get results against them on most occasions..

Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United: Comeback win. Again.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United: Comeback win. Again.

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 pm

-----------------------------------------"Hasta la vista, baby"
Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United: Comeback win. Again.  - Page 3 172998
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:-----------------------------------------"Hasta la vista, baby"
Arsenal 2 - 1 Newcastle United: Comeback win. Again.  - Page 3 172998

:lol!:

Thats epic
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:16 pm

Ok.

So I watched the game with a few of my mates last night. Got a little bit drinking but I remember everything from the game, and have since seen the highlights again.

It was another late show. 95th minute winners are always amazing when they go for you, but heart-breaking when they come against you. I had a feeling we would score as soon as we broke quickly from the back, starting with Song, who was very good again.

Vermaelen's determination to get in the box was admirable. Walcott wasn't as good as some people have been saying - I personally thought Rosicky was man of the match, again - but he did play well. 2 assists and he should have had more, had Rosicky and Van Persie not wasted opportunities they maybe should have scored.

The goals:

Ben Arfa

Vermaelen's poor clearance I believe led to the goal, but that would be me being picky. Gibbs possibly could have stopped Ben Arfa cutting inside that easily, but you have to say it was a great strike.

RVP

Sagna to Rosicky to Walcott to RVP. Quite simply, a sensational quick move that undone Newcastle. The defending from Williamson was poor but Van Persie's skill was class.

Vermaelen

Song, excellent work from the back, Walcott's dangerous cross and Vermaelen getting his rewards for his late surge. At other clubs, you might not find the centre-back in the opposition area in the 95th minute like Vermaelen was last night.

---

A great result then. 5 league wins in a row, the last 4 of them coming from behind to win - a PL record - and it shows our mentality is strong. A month ago everyone looked at the fixtures - Sunderland (a), Spurs (h), Liverpool (a), Newcastle (h) - and thought, "Can't see us getting many points there". Instead, it's 12 points out of 12. A fantastic return.

At 2-0 and 2-1 down against Spurs we were 13 points behind them. Now it's 1 point. It's vital we continue playing with the same tempo and keep this up. 3rd place is up for grabs.

Very Happy
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:34 pm

Rosicky would have been man of the match if he did not miss so bad. Walcott had 2 assist and really terrorized Mole FC. Very Happy

RVP should have had at least 3 goals.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Walcott only got one assist, actually. Although he crossed it in for the winner, the final touch before it came to Vermaelen came off a different player - possibly Ramsey, possibly a Newcastle player. Either way, it's not Walcott's assist.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:56 pm

27 - Bacary Sagna completed passes in the attacking third*
28 - Bacary Sagna attempted passes in the attacking third
:bow: :bow: :bow:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:04 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Walcott only got one assist, actually. Although he crossed it in for the winner, the final touch before it came to Vermaelen came off a different player - possibly Ramsey, possibly a Newcastle player. Either way, it's not Walcott's assist.

But he did all the work, he should get half assist though. Very Happy

Song set up RVP few times, any other day would have been goals but, Song is transforming to new type of player. :bow:

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:39 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Walcott only got one assist, actually. Although he crossed it in for the winner, the final touch before it came to Vermaelen came off a different player - possibly Ramsey, possibly a Newcastle player. Either way, it's not Walcott's assist.

Rolling Eyes

Come on. Give the guy some credit. The funny thing is, Gilberto got the assist for Henry's wonder goal against Liverpool in 03/04 at Highbury just because he last touched the ball before Henry did. Even though Henry did everything. That's why an 'assist' can have a bit of a false meaning in a way.

Basically, if Walcott didn't cross it we wouldn't have scored. It touched the defender, but it's basically a Walcott assist.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm not taking away anything from Walcott at all. Don't know what gave you that impression.

I'm merely stating that, officially, Walcott only got 1 assist, not 2. It's a technacality. By no means am I discrediting Walcott. I did say I thought he was the man of the match.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:05 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm not taking away anything from Walcott at all. Don't know what gave you that impression.

I'm merely stating that, officially, Walcott only got 1 assist, not 2. It's a technacality. By no means am I discrediting Walcott. I did say I thought he was the man of the match.

No problemo. But for me, it's an assist 90%
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Assists: RVP 8, Theo 8, Song 7, Gervinho 5. ( Only BPL)

Song cheers He had an exact pass to RVP similar to Pool one this game, his through ball is getting better now.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3