Sushi Master
Adit
la bestia negra
RealGunner
fatman123
48 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 Empty Re: Things Plastic Football Fans Say

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:08 am

I don't think any one of us would turn down the chance to see our team play live so I don't know where he's coming from there.I get it really, he's saying support your local team which honestly is fine...I don't even know who my local team is anymore by his standard....but I really don't think all this geo-politics has anything to do with football or being a serious club supporter...I just think it's how passionately you feel and how deep you choose to immerse yourself into the history and culture of your club.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 Empty Re: Things Plastic Football Fans Say

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:41 am

Torres will be a success.

[He used to support LFC when 'Nando was over here. Does that count?]
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 am

so white_star your telling me that its going to be at least 10 years before i can call myself a real chelsea fan because i dont have $20k on hand to fly to the other side of the world to watch them play?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:13 pm

fatman123 wrote:so white_star your telling me that its going to be at least 10 years before i can call myself a real chelsea fan because i dont have $20k on hand to fly to the other side of the world to watch them play?

20k LMAO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:48 pm

white_star wrote:Haha this is a goat thread but i will not get too involved because the Madrid goal legacy gang will attack.

An example is;

I am from country (insert anywhere but spain) but my grandpas, son knows a guy who knows a guy that had a dog that lived in Madrid/Barcelona therefore I am the biggest fan. Twisted Evil

adit :lol!:

english jewel one time said something pure plastic, went along the lines of basically him rather doing homework than watching Chelsea play :facepalm:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Lord Hades wrote:what exactly is the difference between a fan and supporter? a supporter should have seen his team play at least once live?

because that is ridiculous lol, everybody doesnt get the oppurtunity to fly 5000 miles on a weekend to see a match ffs

Le Samourai wrote:I don't think any one of us would turn down the chance to see our team play live so I don't know where he's coming from there.I get it really, he's saying support your local team which honestly is fine...I don't even know who my local team is anymore by his standard....but I really don't think all this geo-politics has anything to do with football or being a serious club supporter...I just think it's how passionately you feel and how deep you choose to immerse yourself into the history and culture of your club.

Indeed, how I see it is like NBA I was a "fan" of the Rockets Yao Ming ftw but I would never consider myself a true supporter. I've got no ties with the team etc, plastics here think they are pure hardcore fans of their respective clubs and what not. When they have no ties with the club they just support them for shits and giggles, it's fine being a fan of them. But when you pretend your part of the ultras or something on the internet it just makes people look so plastic imo.

It's hard to explain in words for me anyways, like anyone can just sit at home and watch on TV blah blah. But when your in the crowd with the community, the piss up's pre during and post match with fellow fans, the banter with other fans (although on many occasions it isn't banter and turns nasty pirat ). Having it being a weekly occurrence, damn those were the days bounce

whitestar has inspired me to go to back down for a game this season, but I wonder if my overdraft will allow it No
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Le Derp: *sees poster of Maldini in my room* Who is this scratch
Le Me: uh Maldini. Neutral
Le Derp: Who? confused
Le Me: Paolo Maldini. One of the greatest defenders in history. Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 1499845164
Le Derp: haha really? Laughing
Le Me: Name better defenders than him. Rolling Eyes
Le Derp: Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 2238782717 Ashley Cole, John Terry, Rio Ferdinand...
Le Me:

Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 3cd8a33a

Le Me: Hey, you wanna play FIFA 09? Very Happy
Le Derp: Sure, I'll take Barca. Ronaldinho is the best ever, my idol. Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 1499845164
Le Me: Um...Ronaldinho now... Neutral
Le Derp: *Picks up the cover* Wow great, Barcelona changed their jersey design. cool, the last one was rubbish. Red and black looks badass! Twisted Evil
Le Me: That's AC Milan's jersey. Ronaldinho now plays for them. What a Face
Le Derp: :vagi:
Le Me: So I take it you are a Milanista now. cheers
le Derp: Nah, who wants to support them, I'll support Manchester Utnied now? To be honest, I never liked Barca much, Manchester Utd is cool. Ronaldo is awesome. I always supported them. Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 3176931354
Me: :facepalm:

*Before the World Cup*
Le Derp: Argentina/Brazil final. calling it now Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 51977822
Le Me: I dunno...Spain and Germany... bounce
Le Derp: Spain only has Fabregas and Torres while Germany only has Ballack. They'll get destroyed Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 1199145465
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:38 pm

I am from Spain Konichiwa to you all.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:48 pm

Assalamualaiekum to you.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:55 pm

As a resident of Spain I wish to say bonjour to you Dovahkiin.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Abramovich wrote:

english jewel one time said something pure plastic, went along the lines of basically him rather doing homework than watching Chelsea play :facepalm:

That ain't plastic, that's just sensible. One can always just download the match later. Homework is important...I think.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Adit wrote:Me-do you watch football? Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 Fa

guy-me? are you kidding me? im a die hard football fan. Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 Fyea

me-OMG,good to find a football fan among these cricket crazies,btw which team you support? cheers

guy-Argentina.They shouldve won World cup No ,they had messi. Heart

me- Argentina was very weak ,spain deserved it. Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 Einstein

guy-yeah gotta give it to spain,they won the World Cup with bunch of nobodies.Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 OcaH6

me-what do you mean by bunch of nobodies? scratch

guy-i mean where was xavi,iniesta,casillas before world cup? who were they? nothing.Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 Yuno

me- :vagi:
:bow:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:07 pm

Buonasera to you Zealous Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 4 2859867778 #patrioticitalian
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:10 pm

i support al-wehdat shalom to you all
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Summer 2010

Him: I'm so sick of Arsenal and Wenger. Another season of *bleep* all!! The only player who can hold his head high is Henry and look at the shit strike partner he has to work with, Bergkamp!!!

Me: Really? Well, Henry left in 2008 and Bergkamp retired a couple years ago.

Him: Oh. But my point still stands that the whole club sucks and i'm sick of them.

Me: So what you going to do?

Him: *bleep* this, I supporting Chelsea now. Technically, they are my local team and they are way better than Arsenal.

Me: Technically, your local team is Crystal Palace.

Him: Yeah, but Chelsea have Zola and a brilliant coach in Mourinho.

Me: Of course they do.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Zealous wrote:I am from Spain Konichiwa to you all.

Zealous wrote:As a resident of Spain I wish to say bonjour to you Dovahkiin.

:bow:

Doc wrote:
Abramovich wrote:

That ain't plastic, that's just sensible. One can always just download the match later. Homework is important...I think.

Well maybe you have different views on it but how I see it and many many others, skip work and what not for footy. Same could be said to do the work before or after, watching downloaded games ain't ideal unless you have no mates who don't text you then its all gravy.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Ok I might have mixed my words up. But I am sure you guys know what I meant. I was sharing my thoughts on the subject. The wording really doesn't matter. Like the Chelsea fan said its not the same when you watch on TV. I am not telling people not to be fans of team thousands of miles away. The point I always try to make that some people act as hardcore fans like they are part of the ultras. You can't do that from your couch. Thanks for discussing the topic and not being a$$holes about the topic. Remember support who ever you want when ever you want. The true fans/supporters know who they are because like Pipita said you have to feel emotion when watching your team.

To my surprise the Madrid fans are nice to me in this thread hahah.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Because you're not being silly...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Some Pub in Charlton, London England.

Some Dude name Charlie: Hey you watch football
Me: For sure
Charlie: Who is your favourite player
Me: No one really, I have many favourites players, how about you..?
Charlie: Rooney
Me: why?
Charlie: because he's white Pele
Me: Cool story Dude, so I would guest you support United.?
Charlie: Yeah, Red devil's. Let me guess, you support Arsenal or Chelsea?
Me: NO, I support Bayern Munich
Charlie: (laughing and sniggering) seriously? didn't you see any good club, in England, like Liverpool, or maybe even Madrid or Barcelona.
Me: No, Bayern Munich is a good team
Charlie: Seriously, Bundesliga club......
Me: *bleep* You.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:03 pm

Charlie has a point
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Idrisozet saw Kroos and fell in love and that's how the Bayern love started. Then came Jupp and deceived him :vagi:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by aunshi Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:17 pm

"A good kit deal is just as good as a trophy"

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Some Pub is Charlton, London England.

Some Dude name Charlie: Hey you watch football
Me: For sure
Charlie: You is your favourite player
Me: No one really, I have many favourites players, how about you..?
Charlie: Rooney
Me: why?
Charlie: because he's white Pele
Me: Cool story Dude, so I would guest you support United.?
Charlie: Yeah, Red devil's. Let me guess, you support Arsenal or Chelsea?
Me: NO, I support Bayern Munich
Charlie: (laughing and sniggering) seriously? didn't you see any good club, in Englang, like Liverpool, or maybe even Madrid or Barcelona.
Me: No, Bayern Munich is a good team
Charlie: Seriously, Bundesliga club......
Me: *bleep* You.

ehh story of my life
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:02 am

(Me and a friend look at a guy's bag.)
[Ronaldinho, Messi, Pato, Henry, AC Milan, Barcelona, etc.]
Friend: Hey, what team do you support?
The guy: Real Madrid.

(Friend is on goal.com, looking at a headline regarding Manchester City with Mancini on the picture above it.)
Person A: Yeah, that's my team. Been supporting them since Robinho joined them.
(I laugh quietly for a bit.)
Friend (who knows Person A a lot more than I do): Hahaha, what happened to 'yeah, Manchester United for life'?

(After the Real Madrid 2-0 AC Milan game)
Person B: Did you see that perfect cross Ronaldo gave to Higuain. Far out, he [Higuain] is so sh**.
(Talking about a La Liga game)
Person B: Ah, so who scored?
Me: Higuain.
Person B: F***, that guy's crazy! When the guy is in the box... He only needs one chance to score, he never misses.

(Talking about the 2011 Champions League final)
Teacher: Who do you think was man of the match?
Person C: Messi was.
Teacher: Nah, Messi was alright, wasn't the best, though.
Person B: Far out, I know, right? He's so overrated. Even Carrick was playing better than him.
Me: What??
Person B: Did you even see him? Every pass Carrick made led to a chance for Manchester United. He was so good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:38 am

Me: Hi, Do you watch football.
Him: No, I play Basketball.
Me: Oh.
Him: But Manu ROCKSSSS, ROONEYEYYY RONALDOOO.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:49 am

Nishank wrote:Me: Hi, Do you watch football.
Him: No, I play Basketball.
Me: Oh.
Him: But Manu ROCKSSSS, ROONEYEYYY RONALDOOO.

typical.

Me: Who's your favourite player?
X: Torres, he's easily Liverpool's best striker.

(said about a month ago)
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next