Sushi Master
Adit
la bestia negra
RealGunner
fatman123
48 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 3 Empty Re: Things Plastic Football Fans Say

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Me: Ok, how long have you been supporting Barca then?
Him: Oh, a while now.
Me: When?
Him: 2009.
Me: :facepalm:
Him: But hey, it was before they started winning anything. It was, like, Christmas.
Me: Why did you start supporting Barca?
Him: I was a big Real Madrid fan, you see. Then my friend told me Barca were winning. So I switched. MESSI IS DA GOAT!

:brickwall:

S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 3 Empty Re: Things Plastic Football Fans Say

Post by Albiceleste Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:11 pm

>At friends apartment in 2007 playing Fifa, he has Ronaldinho posters, tells me that he's been a Barcelona fan for ages and his grandfathers bestfriend was a Barcelona fan since he was a baby
>At the same friends apartment in 2008 and he has a CR7 shirt on his wall but no more Ronaldinho posters

:facepalm: :vagi:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 pm

I have an American friend who is trying really hard to get into football. He's been watching many games lately, but he always tries to talk like he really knows what he's talking about. It's :facepalm: worthy.. I cut him some slack though because he's naturally an American hockey fan. I just give him credit for watching getting into football, but every day he's like "I think I found my team, I really like Napoli" .. then if they're losing.. "Bayern Munich is my team!" ..it's kind of embarrassing to say the least.

I guess I should be an MTK Budapest fan because that's my hometown and my 2nd cousin plays for them Razz I was born in Budapest and spent a lot of time there when I was younger, and still go back often, but the league is really weak and Hungarian football standard has dropped a lot.. Crying or Very sad

But I fell in love with Arsenal when I was a little boy, have been following them since, own numerous shirts / posters, team pictures etc. I also really liked watching Juventus play when I was younger.

I have Henry, Rosicky and RvP's Arsenal shirts.
I also have an Ibrahimovic and a Del Piero Juve shirt from back then.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:43 pm

No shame in joining the CR bandwagon imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:56 pm

Zealous wrote:No shame in joining the CR bandwagon imo.

:coffee:
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:07 am

white_star wrote:

I am a fan of Wisla always have been and always will be. I do watch other teams and leagues, I own many jerseys, because I like to collect them. I can't call myself a fan of a team I will not be able to see. All this might be because of my experiences in life. I don't want to hate on any bodies beliefs but some people are so annoying and obvious glory hunters that it's hard not to!

Why would you limit the definition of a fan based on physical presence? Many young people cannot decide where they live and one of hte benefits of globalization is spreading cultures to other nations. Why limit that and say only people from this place and be this teams fan?

Sure you said a fan "I see a supporter as someone who supports a team by watching their team on tv, online, buying jerseys etc. you support the team buy contributing to their income." but you clearly placed a higher emphasis/importance on a fans "validity" if they see the team live.

I've seen milan live, but only twice and that is when they came to north america. Many people in north america never get to witness european teams play live because north america has such an undeveloped infrastructure in football. I don't think it is fair to discredit a fan's passion just because of that.

I see that as being rather narrow sighted and detrimental, you are discrediting the advantages that globalization brings. Whats the difference between watching a game online and being there in person? To me a fan is defined by the passion and loyalty they show to a club. Sticking with them through the good times and bad. Not on whether they live in the area and can go watch the team live.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:10 am

At one point, i passed the Emirates daily to go to work and back. I always found time to stop and deposit my litter in the bin nearest to the stadium

<------------------true fan Thumbs up
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:26 am

I don't know how you guys define a fan but for me, whenever Real Madrid has a big match my blood pressure starts raising, my heart beats faster and the whole body starts vibrating.

That's how i describe being a fan, to have extreme emotional attachment to your team. geographical distance doesn't mean anything, for example in my country we have people who are die hard fans of their local club but whenever their team lose a game they start swearing at their coach and players. how can we call these people REAL fans when they can't tolerate just one lose ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:38 am

Diehard Brazil fan: I miss the old Brazil, with Ronaldo and Ronaldinho
Me: Yeah but they got a lot of young guys with good potential

Brazil go on good attack, Pato misses

Diehard Brazil fan: WHO THE F IS PATO! HE SUCKS!
Me: Pato is a starter for AC Milan
Diehard Brazil fan: Who is AC Milan?
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:39 am

That must be a wind-up lol, even my mum who's English is more broken than Madrid's copa trophy knows who AC Milan are
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 am

Lex wrote:That must be a wind-up lol, even my mum who's English is more broken than Madrid's copa trophy knows who AC Milan are
haha, I thought he was kidding, but he really didn't know who they were, LOL.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by braylann Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:24 am

The problem is usually Americans, their nature is to be stupidly competitive. They get a choice to "pick a team" and they go for a big one, and will yell and insult, rub it in, and defend with vitriolic stubborness.

Some of us, myself included, have great players. In Argentina, we say we're Barca fans, but really we are Messi fans. If Messi transfered to Madrid then we would be Madrid fans. Tevez is my favorite player, and I was a ManCity fan before it was cool because of this. I think this kind of fan I've just described is perfectly valid, but the former is not.

braylann
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Levante

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

cheers cheers cheers

Goal Legacy consistent produce hilarious elite threads 🔒 Chaka :lol!:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by serieAkings Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:13 am

2009 CL

Friend: I can't believe Barcelona got eliminated from the CL, and they got eliminated by some small no name team.
serieAkings
serieAkings
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:17 am

braylann wrote:The problem is usually Americans, their nature is to be stupidly competitive. They get a choice to "pick a team" and they go for a big one, and will yell and insult, rub it in, and defend with vitriolic stubborness.
Lol.

Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 3 128728132509868130
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:20 am

These people sound less plastic and more stupid with each new post
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unrighteous Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:34 am

Im American btw, this was in my college class speaking with an American Football player who says he loves all sports especially soccer...

Him: Yeah I love soccer man.
Me: Really, thats awesome, not many people here are soccer fans. cheers
Him: So are there any soccer games this weekend?
Me: :facepalm: Yeah, La Liga still has a couple of rounds left, but more importantaly the Champions league game is on Wednesday so i'm skipping class.
Him: Ah cool, so are the "LA Earthquakes" playing in that? (his exact words)
Me: :brickwall: Walks out in the middle of class without saying anything...

Now if only I can convince my wife to move to Europe...
Unrighteous
Unrighteous
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unrighteous Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:47 am

arabprince wrote:
white_star wrote:

I am a fan of Wisla always have been and always will be. I do watch other teams and leagues, I own many jerseys, because I like to collect them. I can't call myself a fan of a team I will not be able to see. All this might be because of my experiences in life. I don't want to hate on any bodies beliefs but some people are so annoying and obvious glory hunters that it's hard not to!

Why would you limit the definition of a fan based on physical presence? Many young people cannot decide where they live and one of hte benefits of globalization is spreading cultures to other nations. Why limit that and say only people from this place and be this teams fan?

Sure you said a fan "I see a supporter as someone who supports a team by watching their team on tv, online, buying jerseys etc. you support the team buy contributing to their income." but you clearly placed a higher emphasis/importance on a fans "validity" if they see the team live.

I've seen milan live, but only twice and that is when they came to north america. Many people in north america never get to witness european teams play live because north america has such an undeveloped infrastructure in football. I don't think it is fair to discredit a fan's passion just because of that.

I see that as being rather narrow sighted and detrimental, you are discrediting the advantages that globalization brings. Whats the difference between watching a game online and being there in person? To me a fan is defined by the passion and loyalty they show to a club. Sticking with them through the good times and bad. Not on whether they live in the area and can go watch the team live.

:bow: took the words from my mouth!
Unrighteous
Unrighteous
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:21 am

arabprince wrote:
white_star wrote:

couldnt have put it better
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 am

some of my friends sound exactly like this... (go to 0:33)
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 am

Today:

Last week:

Guy " Barca is the best team in the world, we always beat Real"

Pronounced REEL.As in ree-uhl or reel.

Me: Things Plastic Football Fans Say - Page 3 Are+you+Serious%253F

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:12 am

This thread is so elitist lol.

El Pipita wrote:I don't know how you guys define a fan but for me, whenever Real Madrid has a big match my blood pressure starts raising, my heart beats faster and the whole body starts vibrating.

That's how i describe being a fan, to have extreme emotional attachment to your team. geographical distance doesn't mean anything, for example in my country we have people who are die hard fans of their local club but whenever their team lose a game they start swearing at their coach and players. how can we call these people REAL fans when they can't tolerate just one lose ?

+1 this. Getting so sick of people these days just going 'Ohhh you support Barca... yeah you would, everyone does.' Then they tell me they support Arsenal/Real Madrid/Man Utd/ Liverpool/ AC Milan...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:32 am

White star is a bit mixed up to be honest....you can be a fan of anything......I mean it's almost like saying .I'm a fan of Arcade Fire....and then being told you're not a fan because you don't attend each and every one of their concerts.I don't think you need to be in the stadium to like or have an enthusiasm for a sports team so I don't think it's accurate.

White Star may have mixed up his words but I actually think a supporter actually has a closer link to the club than a fan.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:42 am

I support RWO. Beat that! Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:46 am

what exactly is the difference between a fan and supporter? a supporter should have seen his team play at least once live?

because that is ridiculous lol, everybody doesnt get the oppurtunity to fly 5000 miles on a weekend to see a match ffs
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:08 am

I don't think any one of us would turn down the chance to see our team play live so I don't know where he's coming from there.I get it really, he's saying support your local team which honestly is fine...I don't even know who my local team is anymore by his standard....but I really don't think all this geo-politics has anything to do with football or being a serious club supporter...I just think it's how passionately you feel and how deep you choose to immerse yourself into the history and culture of your club.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next