I'm Not Scared Of Saying It: This Disgusts Me To Death...

+17
Dante
viepr149
Lord Spencer
Rossoneri Ninja
M99
•MilanDevil•
CBarca
BigBoban
Forza
The Verminator
Cookie Monster
Seth
Milan31
Ganso
Potential
Lex
IrasMaldinista
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm Not Scared Of Saying It: This Disgusts Me To Death... Empty I'm Not Scared Of Saying It: This Disgusts Me To Death...

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:49 pm

I've been here for quite some time now.

I posted for the first time among you friends on July 2009... Long time, forumly speaking.
And I've seen goods and bads almost as much. But some stuff make me crazy, like really crazy.

The angriest I ever got, was when some of us went into the Inter section to congratulate them our beautiful 4-0 loss.

Pathetic.

I won't name names, because there's no hard feelings left in me. And of course I don't mean to reopen any healed wounds.

My points is, this "Classy Gratz" thing needs to be wiped off. Totally.
I've posted maybe 27853 messages about this, to no avail quite obviously.

Forgive me Dostoevsky and ban me if you like.
And the rest of you pals, I'm sorry for the following which might make some lose their cool:

Those who do this, consciously or unconsciously, are attention whores. Phewwww. Off my chest.
Milanisti or Interisti, Gooners or Blues, I don't care.

What's the damn purpose?

"Congratulations guys. You pounded our sorry asses real good. We long for more. Please, will you pound us harder next time?"
"We got outclassed, outwitted and outballed by your fearsome team. With these players, we're destined for third tier."
"I wished we had your left back, he is equal in worth to all of our squad altogether."

The responses from gentleman-like winners? Yeah, I got those ones too. Look:

"Pure class. Sorry it had to be you. I hope next sorry ass we pound, it's your opponents'."
"Ah, man, you literally pulled the tears outta my eyes. I'm in a loss of words. You got a heart of gold."
"What a great man. You rank high up there with Tchaikovsky, Confucius and Maradona."

Seeing the reactions of winners, I feel like vomiting even more seriously.

This has to stop; and don't give me the "freedom of speech" crap. It's too old and has become a nasty cliche.

Those who agree with me on this, let their voices be heard.

And those who disagree and want my head, I'm ready to debate for 19 hours straight, despite this darn flu that's been niggling me for a week or so.

Bring it on...

P.S. NOTHING PERSONAL!

Last edited by IrasMaldinista on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Scared Of Saying It: This Disgusts Me To Death... Empty Re: I'm Not Scared Of Saying It: This Disgusts Me To Death...

Post by Lex Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:55 pm

Cool story, bro
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Scared Of Saying It: This Disgusts Me To Death... Empty Re: I'm Not Scared Of Saying It: This Disgusts Me To Death...

Post by Potential Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:02 pm

I'd rather congratulate the other team for their terrific performance rather than cry and make excuses about why we lost, if we lose at-least lets show the quality of Milan fans.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Potential wrote:I'd rather congratulate the other team for their terrific performance rather than cry and make excuses about why we lost, if we lose at-least lets show the quality of Milan fans.
It's a good thing you said this Potential.

As for our capacity in taking a loss and being "Good Losers" as they say, it's a whole different story.

If we lose and then try to hide the facts through hypocrisy and evading to hear and tell the truth, we are in all probability assholes.

Rivalry before a match and trying to infuriate our nemeses is actually really fun and what real fans must do (without personal insults), but to do it after the game is a bit tricky, you gotta be good at it without sounding stupid.

Of course it's nice to congratulate a win, but doing so in some particular ways is ugly.The reason behind going in their section all pale, toothless and like a typical loser to gratz a huge victory over the team we are supposed to support, is just beyond me.

I'm not against congratulating, but let's just "shake hands", instead of "kneeling" and kissing their *$#&^.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:16 pm

'The angriest I ever got, was when some of us went into the Inter section to congratulate them our beautiful 4-0 loss."
Not sure i follow,congrat inter fans on our 4-0 loss?when was that?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:20 pm

IrasMaldinista wrote:
Potential wrote:I'd rather congratulate the other team for their terrific performance rather than cry and make excuses about why we lost, if we lose at-least lets show the quality of Milan fans.
'm not against congratulating, but let's just "shake hands", instead of "kneeling" and kissing their *$#&^.

I totally agree.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:43 pm

IrasMaldinista wrote:

As for our capacity in taking a loss and being "Good Losers" as they say, it's a whole different story.

If we lose and then try to hide the facts through hypocrisy and evading to hear and tell the truth, we are in all probability assholes.

Rivalry before a match and trying to infuriate our nemeses is actually really fun and what real fans must do (without personal insults), but to do it after the game is a bit tricky, you gotta be good at it without sounding stupid.

Of course it's nice to congratulate a win, but doing so in some particular ways is ugly.The reason behind going in their section all pale, toothless and like a typical loser to gratz a huge victory over the team we are supposed to support, is just beyond me.

I'm not against congratulating, but let's just "shake hands", instead of "kneeling" and kissing their *$#&^.
Totally agree with this! Saying congrats is meh, I don't think it is really even needed. Not saying anything doesn't make you a sore loser nor does it make you a b*itch.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Ganso wrote:
'The angriest I ever got, was when some of us went into the Inter section to congratulate them our beautiful 4-0 loss."

The first derby with Leo in charge?

I see where iras coming from, and I agree that some people actually took this congratulations thing a little bit too far. I mean, congratulating inter after their 4-0 trashing? That's probably one thing I could never do. Maybe thank them for playing a good game, but that's as far as I'd make an exception for.

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:50 pm

i hate and despise inter so badly, and we are sworn rivals for entity, one of the reasons why i wanted to appreciate that performance to inter, and only inter players, is because firstly that was the first year maldini wasnt playing for us, and at the same time i atleast cant forget some inter fans kind support for paolo maldini saying he is not just captain of milan but italy, and all of that kind respect.

i like to appreciate football, and display even if our rivals shows how its done, that day our display was a disaster a disgrace, that was one of the turning point why we are successful now. had we won that day, galliani and berlusconi would possibly have not bottered much about improving squad.

i cant believe this stuff about some people appreciating inter is brought now .. that was what ... 3 years ago??? :facepalm:

i wouldnt regret one day about what i did. all i did was appreciate football display in general. whats wrong with that.

i still hate and despise inter but that day they won fair and they won with a proper display, unlike days they have won with some dirty physical battles or that adriano hand ball goals. or all those years of kaka being physically abused by materazzi and cordoba, i dont like to remember those days, but that day on 4-0 loss and 2-0 return leg loss, we have moved forward galliani and berlusconi has put inter reign to end.

move on...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:55 pm

and hell, if my mates here like it or not, i would proudly go and appreciate and thank javier zanetti the day retires, for the same appreciation and respect those inter fans had shown for our beloved Paolo Maldini and Franco Baresi.
he is one inter player i will always respect, and sames goes to del piero....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:05 pm

Seth wrote:
Ganso wrote:

The first derby with Leo in charge?

I see where iras coming from, and I agree that some people actually took this congratulations thing a little bit too far. I mean, congratulating inter after their 4-0 trashing? That's probably one thing I could never do. Maybe thank them for playing a good game, but that's as far as I'd make an exception for.
oh,well,i def wouldnt give congrats to inter,but i did congratulate Arsenal because they totally deserve it
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Looks like I did anger somebody, but out of tough luck, it's one of my best friends JespLaiho...

Too bad, but as I reiterated in my P.S, NOTHING PERSONAL.

This absurd gratz baloney reached its prime in that 4-0 loss and I simply intended to bring an example, I didn't wanna remind people of any bitter incident.

As for Zanetti, rest assured Jesp, my appreciation thread will be more colorful and glorious than whatever Interisti uncover for him.

Zanetti is a God.

But hey, we are getting distracted.

All I wanted to say, is my hatred of this worn out attitude, that's all.

To be really frank, I didn't even remember you were a part of that bunch.
But as I said, no hard feelings anymore. You're still a great friend and more importantly, the guy who introduced me to the Guitar master Alexi L.

Thank you.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Lex wrote:Cool story, bro

Cool comment, bro.

As far as this topic goes, who cares? It's an internet forum ffs, you're really going to get angry because someone typed words that you disagree with? Some ppl like to be gracious after a loss, some like to be silent, others like to troll and belittle the the other team's win, and others feel the need to congratulate a good showing of football. The point is, this is extremely trivial and probably one of the most meaningless things to get worked up over. Why do you give a shit lol?
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:15 pm

IrasMaldinista wrote:

You do make a point. But in your opinion, what would be the equivalent of shaking hands?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:47 am

1. I would never congratulate Inter fans after they beat us. That's just ridiculous given the context of our history and rivalry.

2. Zanetti = boss. There are some legendary veterans who are just untouchable because they are great players and good people off the field. These very rare players deserve respect no matter what club you support.

3. For teams other than Inter, it may/may not suit the occasion to congratulate them. Personally, I'm much more likely to congratulate a team that loses to us and played well rather than a team that defeated us and played well.

4. I think that to an extent, being a 'good winner' detracts from the meaning of winning. I was celebrating our win over Arsenal in the first leg and one of my numerous gunner friends said something sarcastic like, "you're being humble in victory", to which my response was "what is the point of victory if you cannot celebrate it?" Honestly, I think that friendly competition is a good thing, but sometimes it's just overkill. Defeat should annoy the fans of the defeated team and winning should be a source of great pride.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBoban Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:15 am

Iras old friend, good to see your interent still connected. You've opened old wounds, I too am not a fan of this open love fest in this forum of late and don't post as often as I should. AS long folks here are decent Milan fans God Bless'm as for other teams I wish them no fortune at all
BigBoban
BigBoban
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:45 am

Just another point of view, which I'm more interested than anything to get your response on.

Isn't congratulating them perhaps...therapeutic for some?

Everybody has their ways of getting over a tough loss, sometimes going up to the opponent and saying..."yeah, you guys were better" is a way to get the loss behind you. I don' think everyone that did so were trying to be attention whores.

That being said I would also never go into a section and congratulate a Madrid fan. So I understand where you're coming from.

Just another perspective I'm trying to offer, more curiosity than anything.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:28 am

With all due respect Iras, if a team plays fairly and beautifully against us, I will congratulate them wether we lose or win. Take for example Arsenal, they were really good and showed a true fighting spirit in the second leg against us. You might be annoyed by these actions since they might discredit our team players but personally I see it as a part of forming stronger relationships with other clubs. These relationships can help aid transfers between teams, example Genoa and Milan.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:59 am

'gratz to everyone in this thread. You've all shown what true class is by remaining civil and respectful throughout. Nicely played and i truly hope this thread wins thread of the year. Hopefully next year, one of my threads end up being the winner

Kudos
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:37 am

Lex wrote:'gratz to everyone in this thread. You've all shown what true class is by remaining civil and respectful throughout. Nicely played and i truly hope this thread wins thread of the year. Hopefully next year, one of my threads end up being the winner

Kudos

Not sure if this is genuine, intentionally ironic, or both. Laughing
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:33 am

After losing, I'd rather congratulate the club than bitching and moaning about how ref screwed us blah blah blah (coughInteristicough) or kneejerk "SELL ALLEGRI, SACK IBRA!!!!1111" (coughMadridFanscough).

If the other set of fans show class instead of gloating, I will give credit where credit's due (eg: Arsenal fans after 3-0) but if they gloat on like the Interisti were after the 4-0 (Bbilan looooollll) I will not congratulate them in any way or shape.

Iras makes a good point, and I agree with him somewhat.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 am

IrasMaldinista wrote:I've been here for quite some time now.

I posted for the first time among you friends on July 2009... Long time, forumly speaking.
And I've seen goods and bads almost as much. But some stuff make me crazy, like really crazy.

The angriest I ever got, was when some of us went into the Inter section to congratulate them our beautiful 4-0 loss.

Pathetic.

I won't name names, because there's no hard feelings left in me. And of course I don't mean to reopen any healed wounds.

My points is, this "Classy Gratz" thing needs to be wiped off. Totally.
I've posted maybe 27853 messages about this, to no avail quite obviously.

Forgive me Dostoevsky and ban me if you like.
And the rest of you pals, I'm sorry for the following which might make some lose their cool:

Those who do this, consciously or unconsciously, are attention whores. Phewwww. Off my chest.
Milanisti or Interisti, Gooners or Blues, I don't care.

What's the damn purpose?

"Congratulations guys. You pounded our sorry asses real good. We long for more. Please, will you pound us harder next time?"
"We got outclassed, outwitted and outballed by your fearsome team. With these players, we're destined for third tier."
"I wished we had your left back, he is equal in worth to all of our squad altogether."

The responses from gentleman-like winners? Yeah, I got those ones too. Look:

"Pure class. Sorry it had to be you. I hope next sorry ass we pound, it's your opponents'."
"Ah, man, you literally pulled the tears outta my eyes. I'm in a loss of words. You got a heart of gold."
"What a great man. You rank high up there with Tchaikovsky, Confucius and Maradona."

Seeing the reactions of winners, I feel like vomiting even more seriously.

This has to stop; and don't give me the "freedom of speech" crap. It's too old and has become a nasty cliche.

Those who agree with me on this, let their voices be heard.

And those who disagree and want my head, I'm ready to debate for 19 hours straight, despite this darn flu that's been niggling me for a week or so.

Bring it on...

P.S. NOTHING PERSONAL!

I will only speak for myself, but I find that any team putting in a marvelous display of football or deserving of victory is worthy of praise.

What you might call "attention seeking" i call humility. I understand, that to go as far as "arse licking" is a bit too much, but there is nothing innately wrong to congratulate a deserving winner.

I agree that forum rivalry should always be present, if practiced correctly ofc. However I am a football lover firstly and secondly a Milan fan. In the instance where my team loses against another team, me being a football lover first takes precedent over me being a Milan fan. This allows me to be able to congratulate other teams on their a great victory

The Arsenal game was a situation where they deserved praise and respect from us Milan fans. For them this was much more than just about winning 1 game, after the first leg many people on Gl treated the team like dirt and questioned the quality of the team individually and collectively. When you have everything and everyone set against you and you still manage to come out with a performance like they had, it is only right for other fans to acknowledge their performance.

Respect should not be given freely i agree, but i don't think that's the main issue you have with all of this stuff. As funny as it sounds you don't like the supposed harmonic/passive relationship we have with some of the teams. Or rather you find the lack of rivalry hard to swallow. MF7 said the same thing, although he didn't put it as delicately as you.

You probably want Milanisti to keep up the facade of " No, we do not and will not accept your views or congratulations, on the basis that we are supporting rival clubs". I feel though you are making an assumption that when we congratulate another team's fan's on a win, that we aren't disappointed / demoralized by our defeat, or even more extreme that we don't care and that we do so only to make ourselves feel better about oneself.

Ofc we don't always have to congratulate other teams or at all if it suits us, but when said team fan's congratulated us and did it with so much class and dignity, we are should be obligated to respond in kind.

There is always a benefit to admitting defeat and acknowledging that your rival was superior. It's about giving credit where its due, not doing so merely on the basis that there exists a rival relationship between the two clubs makes one sound petty and arrogant.

Anyway i don't think any less of you Iras, as i feel you do have a point although it being a very deep one. Funny that you feel that your words could get you potentially banned by Dosto, because he's been conspiring to over throw you for a while now Razz
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:44 am

What I see in the pitch after each match is the players shaking each other's hand. It looks much saner than the winning team gloating or the losing team refusing to shake hands.

The definition of grace is "recovery from missteps" and congratulating your fellow fans shows more recovery. I agree that making a thread about it when it comes to extreme rivals is not smart, but congratulating them in the chat is IMO the right thing to do.

Congratulating your rival, in both life and football is not an admittion of defeat to them as much as to your self. And only by admitting it would you pick up yourself to win the next time.

Football is the bottom line here, and being outplayed deserves recognition, for the strength of every team is judged by that of its adversary, and what would we be if we downplay the team that beats us.

Also, this forum is a mash of opinions and styles, and if it is the opinion and style of one poster to congratulate in defeat then you can't really get angry at that. And if it the style of one poster to be an asshole, we really can't do anything about that. The Milan sub-forum is not a hive mind, and every poster will do what he/she wants.

P.S: you know that Dos will not ban you (it is obvious you are breaking no rules) and yet you put that line in, wouldn't it be some kind of attention seeking as well.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:23 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Lex wrote:'gratz to everyone in this thread. You've all shown what true class is by remaining civil and respectful throughout. Nicely played and i truly hope this thread wins thread of the year. Hopefully next year, one of my threads end up being the winner

Kudos

Not sure if this is genuine, intentionally ironic, or both. Laughing

Knowing Lex its probably the latter Razz

@ LS

Well put my friend, but do not think Iras meant we had to be a**holes or act like it when we win or lose. I think he was merely addressing the lack of cold feeling between rival clubs, i too think its come to a point where we are a little bit too nice.

Not that i have lots of sympathy for Inter and what they are going through, i refrain myself from ridiculing them, for my own sake. What i find very entertaining is how quickly things change around here, the last 2 seasons Juventini and Milanisti were pretty cool with each other and both somewhat detested Inter. Now it seems as though our relationship with Juventini are a bit strained, and what i have deduced from this , is that whoever is doing the best out've the three will be the most detested. When a team is no longer regarded as a threat hostilities usually dies down, which is the law of nature it seems.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:57 am

cool story bro, look forward to hearing it again sometime.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next