aunshi
Le Samourai
Lex
jibers
_LMG_10_
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Manchester United back on top of the EPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United back on top of the EPL

Post by RED Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:38 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Wow, what does that say about the EPL if this United team wins it?

Almost every time United step outside the league they get waxed but they can run through EPL teams no problem.

I said at the start of the year City has the best players but United will pull it out somehow and that's what looks like is going to happen.

United have this mental edge over everyone else and until teams in the EPL get over being intimidated by United they will keep on winning it no matter what team they put out on the pitch.

It was the same thing in La Liga the past couple of seasons with Barca but the other teams really don't fear them anymore and they are going to lose the league by quite a margin because of it.

Also, lost in RVP, Messi and Ronaldo's big years has been Wayne Rooney's play. HE has been great the last couple of months and it's kind of going unnoticed. HE is going to drag United to the title.

With regards to United in europe this season. There are several explanations...team is in transition, a lot of inexperienced players, too many squad rotation by SAF...you mixed all that up with complacency too and you get United in Europe this year.

Combined with the fact that we haven't been good enough too. I don't wanna take anything away from teams like Basle and Bilbao who played excellently at O.T.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Manchester United back on top of the EPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Manchester United back on top of the EPL

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:54 pm

The reason why United are better in the league is because Players like Smalling, Jones, Welbeck etc knows EPL inside out. They will perform in a match in a different way which will win you the game but in Europe that isnt enough

For europe, Man utd always depended on Vidic and Ferdinand for their Defence along with other players who have been injured most of this season or out of favour. I.e Fletcher, Scholes, Berbatov.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aunshi Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:57 pm

So easily is a CL final forgotten.

United's injuries, especially defensively, haven't left them equipped to contest Europe and the PL.

Also not enough Berbatov has been played.

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:39 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
cyberman wrote:But...but... Utd are shit! We won't win anything! Carling cup ftw! Halamadrid and sepi said so!...

LOL, I hope United win it, I cant stand Man Shity. You can bet on Arsenal beating them at Home.

Raptorgunner wrote:the community shiet is the only thing he will win and you know it, Man City will win the EPL. Not sure how you think you will win the EPL. You still have to play Man city again, not sure how you can beat them with 11 men.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:07 am

Almost every time United step outside the league they get waxed but they can run through EPL teams no problem.

I said at the start of the year City has the best players but United will pull it out somehow and that's what looks like is going to happen.

United have this mental edge over everyone else and until teams in the EPL get over being intimidated by United they will keep on winning it no matter what team they put out on the pitch.

It was the same thing in La Liga the past couple of seasons with Barca but the other teams really don't fear them anymore and they are going to lose the league by quite a margin because of it.

Also, lost in RVP, Messi and Ronaldo's big years has been Wayne Rooney's play. HE has been great the last couple of months and it's kind of going unnoticed. HE is going to drag United to the title.

You do realize we played in the 07 UCl semi final 08 UCL Final 09 UCL Final 10 UCL Quarter Final 11 UCL Final. Setting records for not letting in any goal and winning away games etc....

theese new football fans never knew there was something before messi and barca 09 :coffee:
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:27 am

Giggslegend wrote:

You do realize we played in the 07 UCl semi final 08 UCL Final 09 UCL Final 10 UCL Quarter Final 11 UCL Final. Setting records for not letting in any goal and winning away games etc....

theese new football fans never knew there was something before messi and barca 09 :coffee:

Dude, what in the world are you talking about? It couldn't be more obvious that everyone in this thread except you are talking about United this year.

Hence, why do you think we are talking about them competing with City for the league? Did City almost win the league in the years you brought up?

I mean the title of the thread is "Man U back on top of the EPL". Did you think everyone was talking about United from a historical perspective?

I mean you guys tied Benfica twice then tied Basel and lost to them then beat Ajax and then lost to them and then got crushed by Bilbao.

You guys have been for lack of a better word pretty awful in Europe for a team in first place in the EPL.

I mean have you even read any of the thread? Then you have the nerve to insult people when you couldn't look more clueless about what people are talking about in this thread.

Reading is FUNdamental!!!!!!!
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:45 am

Since when was league position synonomous with performance in Europe?

United's European performance this year involve a lot of different cirucmstances and simply cannot be used as a reflection of the league's quality. Just because they failed to beat teams they were expected to beat, doesn't mean everyone they've beaten in the league this year are suddenly weaker.

Also, United being top of the league doesn't mean the other teams aren't that good, either, because winning a league title isn't simply a matter of quality, but also consistency.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:15 am

If City bottles this, I'll frakking walk to Manchester and chop Mancini's balls off.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:21 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Since when was league position synonomous with performance in Europe?

United's European performance this year involve a lot of different cirucmstances and simply cannot be used as a reflection of the league's quality. Just because they failed to beat teams they were expected to beat, doesn't mean everyone they've beaten in the league this year are suddenly weaker.

Also, United being top of the league doesn't mean the other teams aren't that good, either, because winning a league title isn't simply a matter of quality, but also consistency.

Well in the EPL United have played 28 games and only lost 3 times, winning 21 times.

In Europe United played 9 games and lost 3 of them, winning 3 with two of those wins being against Otelul Galati.

I mean in the EPL they win 75% of there games and in Europe they win 33% of there games with 1/3 of the games being in the Europa League that is a huge difference.

It took them 28 games to lose 3 times and in Europe it took 9 games to lose three times.

That is a MAJOR difference. I agree with you that there are factors to why the results are so different but you can't just say it's due to those factors and has nothing to do with the lack of quality in the EPL this year. Especially when EPL fans were the first ones to shove it down everyones throats how good the EPL was when they were performing so well in the Champions League. You can't have it both ways.

And it's not like some teams have parked the bus and got lucky wins against United, the way they have lost has been ugly and they have been taken apart. I mean you can lose in football and still look like the better team but that was not the case at all in the games they lost, they were beaten soundly and in the CL they were in a very easy group.

The EPL is down this year, it's a fact. Just admit it, there's nothing wrong with it. La Liga and Serie A have been down in past years, it's there turn now.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:00 am

dnmac4 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Since when was league position synonomous with performance in Europe?

Well in the EPL United have played 28 games and only lost 3 times, winning 21 times.

In Europe United played 9 games and lost 3 of them, winning 3 with two of those wins being against Otelul Galati.

I mean in the EPL they win 75% of there games and in Europe they win 33% of there games with 1/3 of the games being in the Europa League that is a huge difference.

It took them 28 games to lose 3 times and in Europe it took 9 games to lose three times.

That is a MAJOR difference. I agree with you that there are factors to why the results are so different but you can't just say it's due to those factors and has nothing to do with the lack of quality in the EPL this year. Especially when EPL fans were the first ones to shove it down everyones throats how good the EPL was when they were performing so well in the Champions League. You can't have it both ways.

And it's not like some teams have parked the bus and got lucky wins against United, the way they have lost has been ugly and they have been taken apart. I mean you can lose in football and still look like the better team but that was not the case at all in the games they lost, they were beaten soundly and in the CL they were in a very easy group.

The EPL is down this year, it's a fact. Just admit it, there's nothing wrong with it. La Liga and Serie A have been down in past years, it's there turn now.
Could not have said it better myself. +1
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:00 am

forget city flopping in cl , now europa league too

with a world class squad like that if they cant beat a piss poor and worst united squad in years, then its really disgraceful.. just shows what a poor manager mancini is
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 am

ever think that winning the league and keeping city below them means more to Fergie and the players then europe this year, because I personally would rather us keep city in there place then win anything in europe THIS YEAR, the club is in transition of youth, mistakes are bound to be made with youth, but that is the lumps you need to take, much like the 99 team was made of the kids fergie had been implementing into the squad for the seasons leading up to 99...i think most of us would of said that anything besides the league this year would be a nice bonus, given the current turnover going on
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:49 am

Lord Hades wrote:forget city flopping in cl , now europa league too

with a world class squad like that if they cant beat a piss poor and worst united squad in years, then its really disgraceful.. just shows what a poor manager mancini is

Exactly the same team that reached the cl final last year. You made this comment last year as well, what does that say about Europe?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 am

City needs a Mourinho :vagi:
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:20 am

Mamad wrote:City needs a Mourinho :vagi:

What City needs is more players like Nasri that makes almost the same amount as Ronaldo and Messi. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:21 am

City needs to slow down.
Tthey need to accept that transforming a squad from practically nothing to title winners is not an overnight process...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:22 am

Man City will not win the EPL, if you look at their schedule they have a really team to face.

United is almost home, no team can take advantage of small teams like United can.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:35 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Man City will not win the EPL, if you look at their schedule they have a really team to face.

United is almost home, no team can take advantage of small teams like United can.

Raptorgunner wrote:the community shiet is the only thing he will win and you know it, Man City will win the EPL. Not sure how you think you will win the EPL. You still have to play Man city again, not sure how you can beat them with 11 men.

:facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 am

jibers wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Man City will not win the EPL, if you look at their schedule they have a really team to face.

Not sure what the faceplam for? I hate Man City with a passion and I hope they dont win the EPL.

What you have posted is more about Rooney than United, we were comparing Rooney to RVP.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:54 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
jibers wrote:

Not sure what the faceplam for? I hate Man City with a passion and I hope they dont win the EPL.

What you have posted is more about Rooney than United, we were comparing Rooney to RVP.

Show me where RVP vs rooney is in that post, please? All I see is you saying United wont win and now you are back tracking...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 am

jibers wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
jibers wrote:

Show me where RVP vs rooney is in that post, please? All I see is you saying United wont win and now you are back tracking...

It was never about United, the whole thing was about RVP vs Rooney and somehow United came in to it. Is not over yet and I think United has a easier schedule than Man City.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:13 am

Show me where RVP vs rooney is in that post, please? All I see is you saying United wont win and now you are back tracking...whereis it? So it isnt there is it. You specifically wrote that we won't win anything bar the community shield. Now you say RVP vs Rooney? I don't even know what to say tbh.

Last edited by jibers on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 am

jibers wrote:

Exactly the same team that reached the cl final last year. You made this comment last year as well, what does that say about Europe?

no i didnt

yes last year. even a week is a long time in football

its clear that this is a terrible united squad , easily the worst in the last 6 seasons.. city with their players should be winning comfortably.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:03 am

Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:

This is EXACTLY the same united squad as last season bar vidic. City with their amazing players? Rofl

Bar yaya and kolo wtf have the others accomplished? Nasri has done nothing. Aguero has won a Europa... Silva rode the coat tales of Xavi and co in the WCand was benched for the rest of it fo flapping.

United squad that is rubbish won the league last year and most of them were in the cl final. But let's forget all that shall we...

no i didnt

its clear that this is a terrible united squad , easily the worst in the last 6 seasons.. city with their players should be winning comfortably.
Lord Hades wrote:
jibers wrote:

no i didnt

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:04 am

This is EXACTLY the same united squad as last season bar vidic. City with their amazing players? Rofl

Bar yaya and kolo wtf have the others accomplished? Nasri has done nothing. Aguero has won a Europa... Silva rode the coat tales of Xavi and co in the WCand was benched for the rest of it fo flapping.

United squad that is rubbish won the league last year and most of them were in the cl final. But let's forget all that shall we...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:10 am

jibers wrote:This is EXACTLY the same united squad as last season bar vidic. City with their amazing players? Rofl

just because they havent accomplished anything in the way of trophies doesnt mean they are crap lol

silva was very good in the euros and has been world class for valencia for years , aguero has been an excellent bar a bit inconsistent player for years , the likes of kompany , hart, balotelli are excellent players ..

nasri is still a very talented player, dont bring tropht arguements into this, raul bravo won more than cryuff ffs

you dont have vds for one, as good as de gea is, he isnt vds level

rio has declined, evra has heavily declined, vidic is a huge miss thats why your defense isnt as good as say, even last year

your wingers arent world class tbf, very inconsistent, go hot and cold..
chicharito hasnt been in the same form he was in last season, plus he isnt the most technical of strikers and needs service

and your midfield sucks, centre midfield i.e. carrick, jones cant convince me and giggs cant play in a 2 man midfield..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum