REWB
Ali
urbaNRoots
LeVersacci
chemicalboy99
36 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

RVP "Provisionally" agrees City contract - Page 3 Empty Re: RVP "Provisionally" agrees City contract

Post by Dnmac4 Sun 11 Mar 2012, 21:27

LOL, it's not him betraying them. Why should he have to take less money to stay at Arsenal? Are they doing something there that no other team in Europe does that makes it worth him staying?

Is he on a great team that is winning trophies left and right and it's worth it to take less money to keep the team together?

Does he have a great medical staff like a AC Milan that will prolong his career and make him more effective when he gets older?

The bottom line is Arsenal are financially very very well off they are owned by two billionaires. Why would you blame RVP for wanting to get paid what he's worth? It's human nature.

Blame Arsenal as there owners are basically just pocketing the money, it's not going back into the club or getting spent on great players in the transfer market they just want to keep the money for themselves. to sit in there bank account and do nothing for the team.

At the end of the day do you want to give RVP a couple Mill more a year or lose him and then try and replace him by spending tens of millions in the transfer market and then paying that person a lot of money.

What your saying makes no sense.

IT took you guys this long to get a forward to play at the level of Henry and you want to let him go for a difference of 4-5 million dollars? That's like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Do you want to go through the same exercise all over again trying to replace him?

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

RVP "Provisionally" agrees City contract - Page 3 Empty Re: RVP "Provisionally" agrees City contract

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 11 Mar 2012, 21:31

Mr Nick09 wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:apart from it most likely not being true, its a bad move for robin. macity have a boat load of young strikers, and though none of them would beat rvp for a starting spot, he gets injured alot, wouldnt have as much time and freedom to get healthy again like he does at arsenal.

From what i heard, RVP has a personal physio, the same as Cesc, that got him over his fitness issues, Arsenal did nothing for him.

What is freedom to get healthy? you mean competition off the bench?

ya thats what i meant, pretty undisputed at arsenal, at man city.. well who knows they bring in a bunch of top attackers mostly young every year.

at arsenal, when robin is fit he plays- this is good for a player that is injured a lot.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon 12 Mar 2012, 06:17

I've said it in the Arsenal forum and i'll say it again:

I don't care if he ends up making more than Rooney. He deserves 250k a week or more the way he's been playing.

The wage structure needs to be broken and RVP deserves a huge salary HERE AT ARSENAL. It would also motivate more of our players to step up their game as well..
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon 12 Mar 2012, 06:57

All this talk about "he is a family man" and he dosen't spend money dosen't make sense man.

1.Face it- Athletes work until they're what 35? Yea they can make money afterwards but lets ignore that for a sec and assume that when he's done, no more football, no more work...basically unemployment.

2.Say his wife divorces him...(Because it never ever happens Rolling Eyes )- Half his career earnings are basically gone.Say he has a couple kids and the judge awards some exorbitant child support fee.....he's screwed.

You might say these are unlikely or they assume too much....but if VP has a mind he'll take stuff like this into consideration.

He dosen't even need to waste his money....he can invest it and investments can go wrong.All this loyalty stuff , honestly I appreciate it, and if Arsenal didn't have the money to pay him....then i'd say okay...this is a test of his loyalty.But right now he's just trying to seek his own interest and I don't think anyone can blame him.After all Arsenal doesn't pay him..it simply goes to show that they don't want him any more than he wants to play for them.

It's the same situation with Maria and Higz....they should be earning more and they aren't.If they left because of that I could say nothing about it.The only difference- At Madrid if you earn it you're guaranteed to get that big contract one day.At Arsenal you're guaranteed if you make it big to get paid the same amount as a random squad player at United or City.If he shows loyalty despite this he's a legend....but if he dosen't there's no way in hell he's a traitor.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon 12 Mar 2012, 07:02

arsenal fans stuck by him even during his injury years where most people hardly rated him tbf me included.. rating him in the sense that he was a world class striker .. they supported him all these years, he should definitely stay
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon 12 Mar 2012, 07:28

he "should" definitely stay? i dont think so.

He should decide whatever is best for him, his family and his future. He shoudnt be thinking about the fans at this moment, it's his own life, not theirs. There comes a time in life when you have to be a little selfish and put yourself first.

If it comes sown to him leaving, few clubs will be willing to offer him the kind of large contract he is after, i dont count Madrid among them. City is the obvious destination, but i heard today Wenger said he will never sell him to City, so that's that lol.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Mon 12 Mar 2012, 07:31

i can't believe people are saying 8m a year isn't enough to live comfortably on :facepalm:

he'd be earning that for a good number of years too. if he honestly feels 8m a year isn't enough then he isn't a traitor, but he's lost touch with reality

i mean honestly wtf are you people talking about. it's not like he has to be jobless when he retires in his 30's. if he needs money there will be plenty of opportunities for him to earn a livable wage. that's if he can be bothered to do a semi normal job and doesn't feel it's beneath him. if he does feel it's beneath him then that's his fault
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon 12 Mar 2012, 07:36

then half of the worlds top footballers have lost touch with reality.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Mon 12 Mar 2012, 07:44

haha half? i wonder what the percentage of players who will ever earn more than 8m a year is... what like 3 or 4% max?

are the other 96% of players going to all go bankrupt because they won't earn 8m a year? i don't think so
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 12 Mar 2012, 13:39

8 million a year IS a lot of money to earn...ugh, yearly. However, it all depends on the lifestyle you're living. If you live a lavish lifestyle, chances are, you'll want more to accommodate it. Of course, one could just be a greedy SOB and just want more for the sake of it.

I would assume RvP isn't a greedy SOB nor does he live too much of a lavish lifestyle but I would assume with some surety that he does want to win something of real note in the prime of his career. If City could provide that (it looks like they'll at least challenge realistically), then I don't see why he shouldn't listen to what they have to tell him.

Doubt Arsenal would want to sell another player to City though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon 12 Mar 2012, 15:42

If RvP is seeking trophies, why would he make a switch to a team that does worse in the CL then his current team?

LOGIC
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 12 Mar 2012, 15:51

UCL isn't the only trophy City is competing for though.

LOGIC
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Mon 12 Mar 2012, 16:14

Doc wrote:UCL isn't the only trophy City is competing for though.

LOGIC

And they are going to win what else exactly...?
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon 12 Mar 2012, 16:37

arabprince wrote:If RvP is seeking trophies, why would he make a switch to a team that does worse in the CL then his current team?

LOGIC

I have no words for this :facepalm:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 12 Mar 2012, 17:10

arabprince wrote:And they are going to win what else exactly...?

I probably should have pointed out that City could realistically challenge for a trophy, not win. But to be technical, there is the FA Cup, Carling Cup and of course, BPL.

The 2 cups are knock out competitions and that is an "anything could happen". The BPL, judging where City is and where Arsenal is, surely it is fair to say City have a better chance to win it but hey, just my silly opinion...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon 12 Mar 2012, 17:37

andiii wrote:haha half? i wonder what the percentage of players who will ever earn more than 8m a year is... what like 3 or 4% max?

are the other 96% of players going to all go bankrupt because they won't earn 8m a year? i don't think so

you missed an important word... "top"

hes making less than adebayor

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3