REWB
Ali
urbaNRoots
LeVersacci
chemicalboy99
36 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RVP "Provisionally" agrees City contract - Page 2 Empty Re: RVP "Provisionally" agrees City contract

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:14 am

dnmac4 wrote:BTW, If I were RVP I would be talking to City all day long and agree a contract with them, Madrid, Barca, PSG, Malaga, Name your rich Russian team, Chelsea etc etc.

Then I would march into Arsenal put all the salary offers on the table and say you need pay me and forget about this "Wage Structure" nonsense because I'm too good to be put into any wage structure and here's the proof of that.

And if you want to keep your wage structure that's fine but I'm the best player on this team by a mile and structures you make up for other players have nothing to do with me and I have no problem staying here if you pay me what I'm worth.

IMO he would be totally in the right and would still be 100% Arsenal through and through.

Hence I believe the story and there really is nothing wrong with it if he did it as any top player in the world would be stupid not to do the same thing especially after the year he is having.

So if you were van Persie, your first thought would be your paycheck and not the opportunities to win trophies while your still playing at the highest level?

As much as the modern player is enamoured with money, I really cannot see why that would be his first thought when it comes to negotiations. He's in his late twenties and probably only has four or five more years at the top level and the only thing he's won is an FA Cup. Surely his thoughts when it comes to talking with other clubs wouldn't be what they could offer financially, but what their chances of silverware are and what their ambition is.

And if he does sign a new deal with us, it'll be because he wants to be here and play for us, not because we're offering him more money.

IF this has any solid ground, how much would he go for?

My estimation would be anything between £20-25mil. He's worth much more than that with the way he is playing now but his age and contract situation means that if we have to sell, it'll be at a reduced price.

But there's also a good chance that we won't sell, regardless of if he signs a new deal or not.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

RVP "Provisionally" agrees City contract - Page 2 Empty Re: RVP "Provisionally" agrees City contract

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:19 am

“I have been at Arsenal for eight years and I’m proud. At the end of the season I will sit down with the coach and the president” said van Persie to Voetbal International.

“Then we will make a cup of coffee and sit down together. I am a true Gooner. I love this club and that’s no secret.”

:coffee:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:54 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
“I have been at Arsenal for eight years and I’m proud. At the end of the season I will sit down with the coach and the president” said van Persie to Voetbal International.

“Then we will make a cup of coffee and sit down together. I am a true Gooner. I love this club and that’s no secret.”

:coffee:
Was that cup of coffee...

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by manlio Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:04 am

I think he could end up at Inter .

manlio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:26 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:BTW, If I were RVP I would be talking to City all day long and agree a contract with them, Madrid, Barca, PSG, Malaga, Name your rich Russian team, Chelsea etc etc.

Then I would march into Arsenal put all the salary offers on the table and say you need pay me and forget about this "Wage Structure" nonsense because I'm too good to be put into any wage structure and here's the proof of that.

And if you want to keep your wage structure that's fine but I'm the best player on this team by a mile and structures you make up for other players have nothing to do with me and I have no problem staying here if you pay me what I'm worth.

IMO he would be totally in the right and would still be 100% Arsenal through and through.

Hence I believe the story and there really is nothing wrong with it if he did it as any top player in the world would be stupid not to do the same thing especially after the year he is having.

So if you were van Persie, your first thought would be your paycheck and not the opportunities to win trophies while your still playing at the highest level?

As much as the modern player is enamoured with money, I really cannot see why that would be his first thought when it comes to negotiations. He's in his late twenties and probably only has four or five more years at the top level and the only thing he's won is an FA Cup. Surely his thoughts when it comes to talking with other clubs wouldn't be what they could offer financially, but what their chances of silverware are and what their ambition is.

And if he does sign a new deal with us, it'll be because he wants to be here and play for us, not because we're offering him more money.

IF this has any solid ground, how much would he go for?

My estimation would be anything between £20-25mil. He's worth much more than that with the way he is playing now but his age and contract situation means that if we have to sell, it'll be at a reduced price.

But there's also a good chance that we won't sell, regardless of if he signs a new deal or not.

Of course his first thought is going to be his paycheck. In your post you list his age and that proves my point. This is the last massive contract he's going to be able to get.

By the end of this contract he will be 33-34 years old and unless he becomes as popular as Beckham in the next couple of years then this will be his last big payday.

No offense to Gunner fans but when you have a elite player like a Messi or Ronaldo or Rooney etc etc they don't fit into a pay scale. You have to pay them or they will leave. And they deserve to be paid and that's the kind of season RVP is having right now so teams are going to offer him tons of money.

There's nothing wrong with RVP wanting to be paid what he's worth it doesn't make him any less commited. It would be one thing if you guys were Bilbao or a smaller team that could only afford to pay him so much but your a big team with tons of cash, there's no reason not to pay him and keep him.

And FWIW, Your pay scale will keep you from being an elite club because you cannot attract the top players in the world if they will make twice what your paying them somewhere else.

You the fan wouldn't stay at your job if people were knocking down your door to double your salary and you knew your company could pay you they just choose not to.

Like I said RVP is fully commited to Arsenal unless they insult him with a contract that is not close to where he should be at and there is nothing wrong with that. IMO just pay him and he will stay.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:29 pm

manlio wrote:I think he could end up at Inter .

they have forlan and milito
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:59 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:apart from it most likely not being true, its a bad move for robin. macity have a boat load of young strikers, and though none of them would beat rvp for a starting spot, he gets injured alot, wouldnt have as much time and freedom to get healthy again like he does at arsenal.

dam it i wish rvp read this
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:03 pm

Nope.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:08 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:apart from it most likely not being true, its a bad move for robin. macity have a boat load of young strikers, and though none of them would beat rvp for a starting spot, he gets injured alot, wouldnt have as much time and freedom to get healthy again like he does at arsenal.

From what i heard, RVP has a personal physio, the same as Cesc, that got him over his fitness issues, Arsenal did nothing for him.

What is freedom to get healthy? you mean competition off the bench?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:09 pm

We're set to offer him a 150k a week contract. We'll find out what RVP's character is made of depending on whether he accepts it or not
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:From what i heard, RVP has a personal physio, the same as Cesc, that got him over his fitness issues, Arsenal did nothing for him
Apart from stick with and believe in him when he was down on his luck and injured all the time
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 pm

che wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:Obviously this hasn't quite clicked or else there's a lot of denial.

The National is a paper based in Abu Dhabi and is owned by the Mubadala Investment Company which is a company owned and operated by the Abu Dhabi government and Royal Family.

Manchester City is a football club owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan who is a member of said Royal Family.

Are we connecting the dots yet?

Imho this is already done hence the Podolski announcement.

magnificient reasoning :bow:

i have skin, potatoes have skin, therefore i'm a potato

HAHAHA
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

From what i heard, RVP has a personal physio, the same as Cesc, that got him over his fitness issues, Arsenal did nothing for him.

What is freedom to get healthy? you mean competition off the bench?

da fuq?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Of course his first thought is going to be his paycheck. In your post you list his age and that proves my point. This is the last massive contract he's going to be able to get.

By the end of this contract he will be 33-34 years old and unless he becomes as popular as Beckham in the next couple of years then this will be his last big payday.

Would it really? At 33/34 he's still going to be a fine player, and I'm sure if he wanted a big day so rich Russian club or even an American club would be happy to oblige.

Trophies are his main motivation, not money.

No offense to Gunner fans but when you have a elite player like a Messi or Ronaldo or Rooney etc etc they don't fit into a pay scale. You have to pay them or they will leave. And they deserve to be paid and that's the kind of season RVP is having right now so teams are going to offer him tons of money.

There's nothing wrong with RVP wanting to be paid what he's worth it doesn't make him any less commited. It would be one thing if you guys were Bilbao or a smaller team that could only afford to pay him so much but your a big team with tons of cash, there's no reason not to pay him and keep him.

Nobody saying it is. In fact, if you read our discussions on the situation we all agree van Persie should be well paid.

But what you have to realise is van Persie has only become a star in the last two or three seasons. When he signed a new contract about four years ago, he was a great player but couldn't keep himself fit long enough to show that ability, thus didn't warrant mega-wages.

Now the time for renewal is up and we're looking to pay him a lot of money.

And FWIW, Your pay scale will keep you from being an elite club because you cannot attract the top players in the world if they will make twice what your paying them somewhere else.

This we're already painfully aware.

You the fan wouldn't stay at your job if people were knocking down your door to double your salary and you knew your company could pay you they just choose not to.

A tad presumptuous there.

Like I said RVP is fully commited to Arsenal unless they insult him with a contract that is not close to where he should be at and there is nothing wrong with that. IMO just pay him and he will stay.

There's a lot more to this whole situation than just wages.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Van Persie will only leave if he really wants to, as in the Cesc saga. The Nasri sale was necessary, yes, because he had only 1 year left in contract (and he's a c*nt), but Cesc had years left in his and he was still let go. Why? Wenger isn't an asshole and will not kill your career if you really want to go. He's not going to sit you on the bench as in Tévez just so another team won't have you.

If it were Fabregas or similar key member in this situation he will be offered big wages. As Lex said, we'll all have to wait even though van Persie has been very vocal and obviously loves the club. More importantly, he has a son who has grown up in London and feels very at home there, unlike Fabregas or Nasri who don't have these commitments.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:18 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Trophies don't pay the bills and athletes have a short period of earnings
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:21 pm

RVP isn't exactly starving to death :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Neither is he on particularly low wages...

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Lex wrote:RVP isn't exactly starving to death :facepalm:

Not while he's playing :facepalm:

Do I really need to bring up the names of all the filthy rich athletes that have gone bankrupt after retirement?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:29 pm

This is RVP last big contract, and he is at the top of his career. he can get huge money, over 10M maybe if he handles it right. It's only normal he considers it, and i am sure that the kind of money City would give him
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:33 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Do I really need to bring up the names of all the filthy rich athletes that have gone bankrupt after retirement?
I'm willing to bet that was all down to horrible investments, unnecessary overspending on stupid stuff and general flat out dumbassery, something i don't think RVP will ever be guilty of

I just don't see RVP blowing 3 million to have a statue of himself built outside his house
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Lex wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Do I really need to bring up the names of all the filthy rich athletes that have gone bankrupt after retirement?
I'm willing to bet that was all down to horrible investments, unnecessary overspending on stupid stuff and general flat out dumbassery, something i don't think RVP will ever be guilty of

I just don't see RVP blowing 3 million to have a statue of himself built outside his house

Just to give you some shocking stats, 60% of NBA Players go broke 5 years after they retire and they make more then Football/Soccer players.

78% of NFL players are broke 2-5 years after they retire.

Don't confuse athletes with brain surgeons, they are notorious for blowing through money.

And if you offer RVP 150k a week he is gone. It's not enough as City and other teams like Chelsea and Madrid will offer him 200k plus per week.

150k per week is a little less then 8 mill a year. I'm telling you teams will crush that to get him on there team. If he got 150k he would make about as much as Ade.

I mean this notion that trophies is what is important to RVP not money is laughable (I'm not saying this to you Lex) it's like what I would say when I was 10 years old.

The bottom line is that RVP can win trophies and make a ton of money. It doesn't have to be one or the other and I don't know why people are suggesting it does.

And for the guy suggesting that RVP is going to get another huge pay day when he is 34 years old, he's not unless Dubai or Russia is paying him to come there for a season or two.

He has put himself in a great position to get paid and he deserves the money. He is one of the best in the world at what he does on current form and 8 mill a year just is not competitive in Europe for one of the best strikers in the world.

Arsenal has the money so they should pay the man, they are not a small club. If they don't want to risk blowing up there wage structure for a guy who could get injured I would understand completely but then don't blame RVP for leaving. That wouldn't be RVP not committing to Arsenal that would be Arsenal not committing to RVP. And both side's would have good reasons.

I think RVP does want to stay at Arsenal if they make the CL or not, but he should not have to take a huge pay cut to do so and I'm sure he feels the same way.

I mean Rooney held Man U over the barrel of a gun and made them commit to spending cash on players and paying him a huge amount and was talking to other teams, is he less committed to Man U?

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:05 pm

If you look at RVP he is a faimly man and is not one of those who spend million a month or a week. He makes good money and I am sure he will be fine with 150k a week.

If he wants more than 150k a week, he can go and join the rest of Arsenal rejects that are sitting on the bench. No player is bigger than Arsenal, we will be fine, Podolski and Joe will be there to take his place.

I just dont see him as a player who would betray Arsenal for money. Nasri was a young bitch who thought he was bigger than Arsenal.

You cant compare Rooney to RVP, Rooney has no loyalty while RVP has too much respect for Wenger and Arsenal. He wont held Arsenal hostage, Wenger will bring in quality players and he will stay.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:22 pm

if he rejects 8 mill a year then facepalm

most top players in other teams make that much ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Bouchra van Persie

"Rumours, rumours, rumours pfff getting tired of them," she said via her Twitter account. "Please don't believe anything unless it comes from @Persie_Official him self."

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:27 pm

LOL, it's not him betraying them. Why should he have to take less money to stay at Arsenal? Are they doing something there that no other team in Europe does that makes it worth him staying?

Is he on a great team that is winning trophies left and right and it's worth it to take less money to keep the team together?

Does he have a great medical staff like a AC Milan that will prolong his career and make him more effective when he gets older?

The bottom line is Arsenal are financially very very well off they are owned by two billionaires. Why would you blame RVP for wanting to get paid what he's worth? It's human nature.

Blame Arsenal as there owners are basically just pocketing the money, it's not going back into the club or getting spent on great players in the transfer market they just want to keep the money for themselves. to sit in there bank account and do nothing for the team.

At the end of the day do you want to give RVP a couple Mill more a year or lose him and then try and replace him by spending tens of millions in the transfer market and then paying that person a lot of money.

What your saying makes no sense.

IT took you guys this long to get a forward to play at the level of Henry and you want to let him go for a difference of 4-5 million dollars? That's like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Do you want to go through the same exercise all over again trying to replace him?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next