Hamdyman
bazinga
billionmillion
13 posters

Go down

Messi and his 5 goals Empty Messi and his 5 goals

Post by billionmillion Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 am

Lionel MESSI shatters records with 5 goals

Lionel MESSI continues to not only break records, but shatter them and he did exactly that on Wednesday, when he scored 5 goals in one match in the Champions League against Bayer Leverkusen.

Messi and his 5 goals Blog_2765_67319487609

Here are the highlights from the Lionel MESSI show against Leverkusen.

Lionel MESSI is now at 48 goals and 20 assists in 42 matches this season. He finished with 53 goals last season... He's at 48 now! He's also 8 goals away from being Barcelona's all time top goalscorer in all competitions... at the age of 24!

MESSI is also set on becoming the first player in history to be Champions League topscorer for four CONSECUTIVE seasons. Last season, he finished with 12 goals in the Champions League (a record). This season, he's already at 12 goals. He's also #4 in the all-time top goalscorers list in the modern Champions League era.

# Name Goals Caps Ratio
1 Raul GONZALEZ 71 144 0.49
2 Ruud VAN NISTELROOY 56 74 0.76
3 Thierry HENRY 51 114 0.44
4 Lionel MESSI 49 64 0.77
5 Andriy SHEVCHENKO 48 115 0.41
6 Filippo INZAGHI 46 83 0.55
7 Alessandro DEL PIERO 42 96 0.43

Here are some other records and information.

Lionel MESSI has now scored 18 hattricks in his career. 17 for Barcelona and 1 for Argentina.

For the 3rd time in MESSI's career, he has scored 4 goals in one game.

MESSI is the first player EVER to score 2 times 4 goals in a Champions League match. The first time was against Arsenal in 2010.

MESSI is also the first player EVER to score 2 hattricks in one Champions League season.

For the first time in his career, MESSI scored 5 goals in a game.

MESSI had a headache before the game, the team doctor gave him an aspirin.

Here are what some players posted on Twitter:

Jonas GUTIERREZ: "I dont want to be less than MESSI, I'm going to score five the next game, I just need 8 penalty kicks, just in case i miss a few hahaha"

Pablo ZABALETA: "MESSI continues to make history. Amazing Leo, once again!"

Eduardo SALVIO: "Lio MESSI is incredible, the best by far. Thanks for being Argentinine."

Fernando GAGO: "MESSI, simply amazing."

Maxi RODRIGUEZ: "There is no doubt, you're from another galaxy. Thanks Leo."

Alejandro FAURLIN: "I just get home!i had the pleasure to be in the camp nou watching that master class of football! MESSI Looks like is playing 5 vs 5 against."

RONALDO (Brazil): MESSI plays like a ************

Gary LINEKER: “Fella’s a genius! Best ever by a distance in my life time! Never really saw Pele [...] Wait til he grows up! SOUNESS, GULLIT, VENABLES and now ROONEY agree MESSI is the best they have seen. He plays a game to which we are not familiar.”

Michael OWEN: "Not old enough to see some of the greats but can't believe anyone can have played the game of football as well as MESSI."

Wayne ROONEY: "MESSI is a joke. For me the best ever."

DUTT (Bayer Leverkusen coach): "Who has played football, knows there are no words for MESSI. He's at his own level."

Radamel FALCAO: "Was this a CL game or was this MESSI in a PlayStation game? Unstoppable!!"

John HEITINGA: "Mejores jugador del Mundo MESSI! Best player in the World!"

Jack WILSHERE: "Its a pleasure to watch this guy........MESSI"

Demba BA: “Is MESSI a human being?????”

Pep GUARDIOLA: "We can try to make sure the ball gets to MESSI. From then on, we can't do anything, just sit back and watch. MESSI is the best, there's no one else, he's unique. I will always be able to say I've been his coach. We're lucky to have MESSI. It's not easy to score 5 goals in a game. I can know, I scored 11 in my whole career. MESSI is among the greatest. DI STEFANO, CRUYFF, MARADONA... And I add PELE, otherwise he'll be angry."

And here's what Lionel MESSI had to say: "5 goals? Nice, but the main thing was to qualify."

There are no words left to desribe MESSI. Absolutely amazing and that's the biggest understatement. Oh and Alejandro SABELLA was at the match (as was Alejandro FAURLIN according to his Tweet). Absolutely insane.

Congratulations to Lionel MESSI!
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Messi and his 5 goals Empty Re: Messi and his 5 goals

Post by bazinga Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 am

LOL at Pep's dig at Pele Very Happy
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:58 am

"MESSI had a headache before the game, the team doctor gave him an aspirin." :bow: What brandddddd??? i neeed one to go win pokerstars tournament or something... Has anyone seen the film "Limitless" by any chance ?... lol

And I add PELE, otherwise he'll be angry."

ahahahahaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaa..........breath...........haaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha...........heeeew...

Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 pm

lol isnt this thread a little bit over the top. A couple of interesting quotes though
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Why is Messi in all caps every time?

I don't write names as Diego MARADONA. Nor Xavier HERNANDEZ, I'm simply wondering.

Some nice quotes though, thanks for taking the time to do this. LOL Pep Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:lol isnt this thread a little bit over the top. A couple of interesting quotes though

Says the maradona fanboy.
no one has ever scored 5 goals in a game in the CL. It's unheard of. Especially in the knockouts.
Sorry bro...Messi is far better than Maradona.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:52 pm

:lol!: @ pep
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:32 am

Hamdyman wrote:"MESSI had a headache before the game, the team doctor gave him an aspirin." :bow: What brandddddd??? i neeed one to go win pokerstars tournament or something... Has anyone seen the film "Limitless" by any chance ?... lol

And I add PELE, otherwise he'll be angry."

ahahahahaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaa..........breath...........haaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha...........heeeew...

Loooooooooool Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Great quotes, thanks for sharing.

Still can't get over the ease in which Messi scored those goals. He was unbelievable.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:26 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:lol isnt this thread a little bit over the top. A couple of interesting quotes though

no one has ever scored 5 goals in a game in the CL. It's unheard of. Especially in the knockouts.

huh? my username is named after an ex pro, i dont go around twitter looking for quotes about him. Thats seems a bit unhealthy, some of the quotes were interesting, some of them were weirdly random. But whatever, theres no real problem so stop trying to start ****
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:38 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
_LMG_10_ wrote:

huh? my username is named after an ex pro, i dont go around twitter looking for quotes about him. Thats seems a bit unhealthy, some of the quotes were interesting, some of them were weirdly random. But whatever, theres no real problem so stop trying to start ****
These weren't compiled by BM lol.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:10 am

maradona fanboy can not control himself. these quotes were all over the net its not my job. seems this man is posting from a hospital after messi's 5 goals he got heart attack
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:01 am

Who is better? I really don't know. I honestly think Diego was but when these highly respected coaches keep on singing Messi's praises and proclaim him to be the very best ever, it really makes me question my opinion. They obviously understand the game a whole lot better than I do...

Diego Armando Maradona is entitled to his opinion, as are you... as am I. So please don't flame him. Scoring goals is great but while it's Messi's job at Barca it was hardly ever Diego's job. Don't judge greatness on that alone. Look at Iniesta for instance...

Everyone is talking about Messi but the truth is, this is FAR from a 1 man team. It's an all star team. With Messi being the focal point of it all. And nothing's wrong with that, but it makes it that much harder to compare with past legends... as they for the most part had INFINITELY less talent around them. (Having a WC player in every position was unheard of)

I've now personally adopted the stance that I'm done comparing. As Dani once said, different players, different times. Let's not forget though, not only that but they're different rules now as well as a different ball... Everything is now utterly catered to attackers. Where as in the past it was the absolute opposite. It's really impossible to compare and really, it's a question that cannot possibly be answered fairly.

The only thing that is for sure IMO is that unless Messi win's a WC, quite a few will hold it against him. Myself included. Cause while the CL may have surpassed it with talent, it most certainly hasn't surpassed it in importance. Goals are great but if he can't help his country achieve the ultimate goal... everything else is excuses. Dress it up however you like... that's the truth. And deep down inside, you all know it. I'd bet a million dollars if I had it, that Messi would trade every single accolade he's won, to win just 1 WC. No greater feat than that! No matter how much people want to dispute it. And believe it or not, Diego did it with FAR LESS than what's available to Messi now. People need to stop talking how it's a team game. Obviously it is, yet the best ever, will find a way... bottom line! I'm sorry but "the best ever" is way too serious a title for me to accept anything less! The best ever, in my mind... win's it when it counts. Full stop! No excuses....

Time for him to step up on the biggest of stages...

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:22 am

Think its a bit odd how we keep comparing Messi in the middle of his career with legends who played for 20 years, give the kid a break ! This is all about Media selling its papers, magazines and shows, fueled by the every week praise Messi gets from a player, coach or even rival. Not to mention that many people are too fickle about it these days and like to compare as soon as theres a possible comparison...

Thing is, talent wise, play style, statistically and just the pure epic moments he's done up till here, groomed him as "One of the best" already... thats fine but lets keep him away from Diego ( who i still think is the best player of all time), Pele, Ronaldo R9, Di Stefano and Cruyff. They all had a full career.

Having said this, even though i do agree that overall maybe Maradona is the big beef (imo) i find that your reasoning about Messi needing a world cup win to tilt the G.O.A.T title for him a bit shallow,

i mean if the world cup was played by one player no doubt he would win it, but Argentina for the passed good 14 years or so have had coaching inability, horrible defensive holes, no top 10 keeper (abondanzieri being the best.. :/ ) and mainly the team being all (11) chiefs and no Indians..

In team sports i find it rather harsh to be asking for a team title (most rare and difficult one as well) from a single player... simple as that !

I mean lets say Argentina wins 2014 with Messi on the team but he had only 1 goal and no assists through out the cup, while lets say Aguero had 6 goals and 3 assists including the final goal, would this be what were looking for ?? in 2010 the kid played his guts out... he gave a pass on goal every couple of minutes, hit the crossbar a good 3 times i believe, but is still being called a failure by some. scratch

you look at a player like Grosso or Navas, yes not bad players, WORLD CUP WINNERS then you look a Goerge weah who has never ever reached the world cup with Liberia... i dunno man its just not right, Messi "does not" need to win a world cup (Argentina does), Messi just needs to play great to become great !
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 am

I agree, lots of great players are great without having done well in international football, cos its really out of their control. U can only do so much in a team... and I keep reading more and more that Maradona did have decent teammates and obviously he didnt really win the WC on his own...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Vapotrini wrote:
this is FAR from a 1 man team. It's an all star team.
Are you serious about your posts? if yes the its a very cheap way to discredit a player.
Pele's Brazil, R9' Brazil, V.Basten's Milan, Cryuf's barcelona, Di Stefano's Madrid all were super talented and the best teams. Maradona's argentina were world champions before him and he failed in his first WC. its very interesting why he could not win it singel handedly

btw Maradona fanboys>CR fanboys
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Its ironic calling me a fanboy, you already admited the only reason you support barcelona is because of messi. The only reason i defend maradona here is because people like to discredit him unfairly. Im yet to see any credible argument here to why messi is better. You dont even need to be right, just present something reasonable rather than some immature hyperbole
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Who cares about Maradona vs Messi comparisons except maradona fanboys? you started nonsense argument now you are crying. you are yet too see credible argument? really? when last time you did credible argument? show me one i'll reply. what you do is maradona's right foot is better, maradona's head better, maradona's dick is better. a childish arguments and you call it a credible argument? i'm also a maradona fan i feel proud when people praise maradona but people like you make me hate him. i cant imagine a 40 years old man sitting on computer fighting and defending maradona in forums like a 15 years old

About this thread what you do is irrelevant. first this is messi celebration thread there was no need to show your hate . second its barca section if you are jealous of messi then post it in general section at least. i bet if any CR fanboy discredited messi in barca section would be punished. so think before starting nonsense arguments in almost all messi threads.

Me personally never compared messi to maradona. because i see them as country men and friends. i only reply to maradona fanboys criticism
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:11 pm

That entire comment was a falsehood. Ive only once come on to the barca section to write about maradona in a debate started by another poster about who is a more complete player. In this thread i didnt even mention maradona, only that i thought (whoever) compiled all those tweets seemed OTT, i dont know where you saw me writing "hate" to messi, and i dont appreciate you making that seem to be the case. I dont have any dislike towards messi, hes an outstanding player and someone i have admired for a long time, but please forgive me sir, for having some objectivity about where he stands in the pantheon of all time great footballers, and not getting swept along in the wave of hyperbole, the best response you have seems to be to throw insults around.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:37 pm

If it was the first time i could not realize your hate. but i saw it several times when everyone praises him you came and say something negative. last time you facepalmed the commentator who was mentioning messi's name after every barca goal. it was very irrelevant. now you are facepalming the author who put all these quotes together. you dont look like a neutral, you look more like a hater, and you say you are a messi lover. what a hypocrite way to defend yourself

As a Messi lover i dont care where messi stands in all time greats list. you are not even a messi lover then why you care so much where he stands? does it mean that you do it because of maradona?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:11 pm

billionmillion wrote:If it was the first time i could not realize your hate. but i saw it several times when everyone praises him you came and say something negative. last time you facepalmed the commentator who was mentioning messi's name after every barca goal. it was very irrelevant. now you are facepalming the author who put all these quotes together. you dont look like a neutral, you look more like a hater, and you say you are a messi lover. what a hypocrite way to defend yourself

As a Messi lover i dont care where messi stands in all time greats list. you are not even a messi lover then why you care so much where he stands? does it mean that you do it because of maradona?

Laughing
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:42 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:That entire comment was a falsehood. Ive only once come on to the barca section to write about maradona in a debate started by another poster about who is a more complete player. In this thread i didnt even mention maradona, only that i thought (whoever) compiled all those tweets seemed OTT, i dont know where you saw me writing "hate" to messi, and i dont appreciate you making that seem to be the case. I dont have any dislike towards messi, hes an outstanding player and someone i have admired for a long time, but please forgive me sir, for having some objectivity about where he stands in the pantheon of all time great footballers, and not getting swept along in the wave of hyperbole, the best response you have seems to be to throw insults around.

Objectivity LOL.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:05 pm

Maradona played a different era and was a no 10 not a false 9/inverted winger. And Messi must stay out of England and Italy otherwise he's career will be cut short.
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum