BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
dmize
Amar
22 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 6 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Don't have much problem with it either lol....what are we fighting about? Laughing

Anyway...

2009 game 5 , the one I remember best..

4-12 , 6 assist , 4 turnovers.Fisher played 23 mins....guarded Deron for all 23.(more or less).Shannon brown had some trouble on him, but Fisher was locking him down.

All series give or take a couple moments of what you expect...Fisher was locking him down.

Paul was eating up J.Kidd...you don't remember? Had a nasty series

Game 1 : 35 and 10 assists
Game 2: 32 and 17assists
Game 3: 16 and 10 assists
Game 4:a deceptively great 16 and 7
Game 5:24, 15 assists 11 rebounds.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 6 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 pm

So, 1 game....big deal..I seen Jordan slowed down by 6 feet 2 John Starks.....who cares.

Look at all the games...locked down is laughable..slowed down is laughable even.

J.Kidd? The old man who cant and couldnt gaurd quick point guards anymore and that series was were that was proven.

Love to see him do that to Kidd in his prime
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Swagg_Johnson wrote:I agree with Samourai that CP3 > Williams .. But I think Rose > Both lol

I think you are speaking the truth. Everyone in the NBA will say it and the people around here in the US agree. Rose is leading his team and they are in 1st place. He is not the best defender in the world but hustles an never lets any one get past him with ease. He always takes over and gets his team up when they are down. Not always do they win but he has done all season when healthy. Anytime he has played a point guard he has been the better player. Yes some of that contributes to the bulls D, but Rose makes sure he is outscorin and outplaying them. To me that makes him better but you guys don't have to agree.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:53 pm

Some people should be banned from posting in this thread :facepalm:

I know you're all entitled to your own opinions, but at some point it would probably be wise to just shut your mouths and learn from people who actually kno what they're talking about.

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:57 pm

Ok if you are referring to me how is it that anyone here knowS more than I do? It is and always will be debatable on which point guard is better when you have rose, Paul, and williams. Everyone might have a reason and an opinion. I feel that rose is the best because he is contributing to his team in any way he can and he is trying to lead them to a title. Right now it does not look to bad.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Outscoring your opponant...ESPECIALLY FROM THE POINT GUARD POSITION....doesnt mean your the best.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:06 am

Give Paul some credit here....we both Know J.Kidd is not Fisher.Old or not that was an amazing series for Paul.Hey I'm just saying....I've never really seen anyone else get locked down by Fisher since he came back from Utah.At least no one else stands out....probably because Kobe usually guards the better guys, but for some reason they just let Fish have him.It stuck with me.

Against the Spurs in the next round:

18 14 and 8
21 8 and 6
22 and 14
23,5 and 5
35 and 9
30 and 12
17 and 13

Just out of control.Completely torched Parker and Bowen (they even put Bowen on the guy).Was on another level during those 2 series....a level i only saw again when he played us last year....but I don't want to give him that much credit because Fisher was guarding him.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 am

Rose just needs to tighten up his D.. He looks like he has the work ethic, reminds me of Kobe kind of in that sense..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:07 am

THC 10 wrote:Some people should be banned from posting in this thread :facepalm:

I know you're all entitled to your own opinions, but at some point it would probably be wise to just shut your mouths and learn from people who actually kno what they're talking about.

Who are you referring to?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:12 am

Jason Kidd cannot guard Collison, Aaron Brooks or anyone with speed...and you want me to hype Chris Paul for destroying him..give me a break man. He is an old man who guards shooting gaurds now

And again, look at the games...you know, instead of one single game...Fisher did nothing.

I dont know why your posting CP3' games against the Spurs..like I said he isnt a great player who havent had great series before.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:17 am

You do realize this debate had nothing to do with what Chris Paul had done and as soon as The Franchise proved his point about Williams, you then decided to bring up Chris Paul against the Spurs. You weren't content with him bringing up one game, so he posted statistics for the whole series and you decided to change the topic.

You still haven't learned your lesson, young one.

I'm not as educated when it comes to basketball anymore, but it's clear to me that The Franchise knows what he's talking about. I know some of this stuff comes down to opinion, but there are times when opinions are wrong.

Sorry, just had to throw in my two cents, feel free to continue with the debate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:24 am

Oh well I give up bro.

In my mind at least, Kidd and Tony Parker and Bowen are at least better than Fisher.In my mind Paul in 08-09 was at at a level Deron just hasn't tapped, Spurs series is just more evidence of that....but I understand if you disagree.

It's fine honestly overall you've made more legitimate claims than me throughout and I respect you know I respect your opinion.The latter series against the Spurs had the potential to be a great series for him, unfortunately the Spurs as a unit were just better.

He has a great mentality though,I think he'll go further than Dwill......I would never make the mistake of calling him a "great" just yet.

@THC that's where the debate went...perhaps I carried it there....Dani made a great point about J.Kidd that I honestly didn't take into consideration at the time being a 12 year old and reading articles after the game which posited Kidd as one of the best defenders of all time.

But I see your point.

I'll always fight it down though, because Deron whether he is a better player or not simply hasn't impressed me as much as Paul has over the years.I definitely learnt of a few misconceptions I had going into the conversation though.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:34 am

I dont mind if someone rates CP3 higher, I think thats normal. Some people rate him higher, some like myself rate Williams higher. There are probably more who rate CP3 higher in truth.

However, one thing to me is nailed on..they are very close overall and Williams has outplayed him head to head over the years.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:45 am

Don't think I ever said clear cut Paul> Deron TBH.I outlined a couple aspects , you outlined a couple it was pretty even.I gave a couple excuses for the head to head thing...(shouldve just said it dosen't matter to me lol, because all those regular season games aren't the greatest indicator of anything).

Problem I had was you said Deron has taken his teams further....I kinda didn't understand that one, Paul maxed out the potential of that team in 08.....that's where all this nonsense ( on my part) Fisher talk came from because we've had a couple series against Deron and I remain highly unimpressed.

Paul meanwhile has had 3 amazing series...granted he lost 2 of them , but the teams he was playing on were just playing on another level than where they should've been , mainly due to him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:04 am

You called him, poor mans Chris Paul (probably just joking) and said all Williams has over Paul is size.

And Williams has taken his teams further, as in, he been to the conference finals (vs title winning Spurs), which is a place CP3 has never been.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 am

Lol yea....should've said size and the advantages it brings.I think that'd cover everything.

0.o Ah ...I see....for some reason it got stuck in my head that Nash and Amare got robbed in the Conference Finals.....not the Conference Semi Finals.

Clearly weren't as good as the Suns though TBF.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:22 am

No, they wasnt as good as the Suns. However, match ups are important and seeding equally so.

Despite the high number of great point guards, it seems generally speaking they have avoided each other in play off battles.

Dont think I have seen Kidd and Nash do battle, Paul or Williams, none of the 4 cross matching when all in their primes (probably impossible for Kidd).

Rose has done battle with Rondo and that was a good one, would like to see more like that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:29 am

Jeremy Lin vs Derrick Rose Coming soon to theaters near you lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:33 am

LOL

That would actually be entertaining..the sheer hype both create.

Right now though, NY are in 8th and Chi in 1st...so its quite possible. Not that I am putting Lin on that type of level lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:12 am

Rose is a ton better than Lin

The Lin hype train is redic

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:24 am

Turkoglu played 35 min and 0 points lol. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 am

Rose Deron would be interesting really.

Noah hedging on the picks and manning the pain vs Lopez rim protection is about the same amount of defense for each..

Chi would sweep them but as a individual battle it'd be interesting.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:49 am

Kevin Love doing all sorts o work on Griifin again.Best power Forwad in the leauge at the moment.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:06 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Turkoglu played 35 min and 0 points lol. :facepalm:

Yeah, I just had to post it LOL.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:10 am

Turkish Jordan :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:21 am

Pretty Interesting Stat TBH.Not sure how much it says but interesting nonetheless.

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

Notable

Kevin Love : 20.25 rebounds per 48
Kobe : 50 points per 48
Will Bynum 5.7 steals per 48

Dunno mutch about Will Bynum....but if you're getting steals that is the time you wanna be getting them.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next