guest7
Zealous
RealGunner
Magricos
vivabarca38
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Andres Iniesta Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Andres Iniesta Official Thread

Post by Doc Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:12 am

Yeah, I really think he should go China and make that hot cash. He is a legendary midfielder, one of the finest ever to kick a ball, he really has nothing left to prove out here.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Andres Iniesta Official Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Andres Iniesta Official Thread

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Wow...even Iniesta is tempted, would never have thought. If China is successful in landing him, surely a lot of top elites would follow....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:31 pm

Would be probably best for all three parties. Coutinho takes his position, he makes more money for doing nothing, and chinamens can see a football player.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:01 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:If China is successful in landing him, surely a lot of top elites would follow...

Disagree with that sentiment completely.

Anyway, it's probably best for Iniesta to go there to cash in his last cheques. He's already got a legendary status and nothing will change that. He doesn't have to retire at Barca, that's fine.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Myesyats wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:If China is successful in landing him, surely a lot of top elites would follow...

Anyway, it's probably best for Iniesta to go there to cash in his last cheques. He's already got a legendary status and nothing will change that. He doesn't have to retire at Barca, that's fine.

I meant the elites when they reach the twilight of their careers... Iniesta seems to still be able to move to somewhere a level higher than CSL... so im surprised...but I guess money really is huge and attractive. He would be the biggest star to move to China too, I guess this kinda thing was bound to happen.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:23 am

My sources say he has signed. 30million a year after taxes rofl Wish him the best.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:20 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

I meant the elites when they reach the twilight of their careers... Iniesta seems to still be able to move to somewhere a level higher than CSL... so im surprised...but I guess money really is huge and attractive. He would be the biggest star to move to China too, I guess this kinda thing was bound to happen.

I think there are different ways of looking at this matter and whichever way I see it I cannot find any reason to blame Iniesta in the least, heavily biased in his favor though I clearly am.

Let's consider his options at this point :-

1. Retire immediately at Barcelona - Zidane also retired at the age of 34. However if a player wants to play the game for some more time then what can possibly be wrong with that?

2. Stay for a few more years at Barcelona and retire with us - As romantic an option as the previous one but how practical is it? Should he get used to more and more time on the bench? The very best understandably find it very difficult to do that. Should he try to force more minutes for himself due to his legacy instead of allowing what is best for the team at the moment to happen? I think that would be more low down than any amount of money chasing he does. See right now Barca have to play him in the starting XI in key games at least in the UCL but this summer Barca must rebuild the midfield. What used to be our greatest strength for years has become our greatest weakness and if and when a proper rebuilding job is done Iniesta will no longer be a default starter. As to the Javier Zanettis of this world who can play at top level till they are nearly forty well not everyone can manage it, especially considering the level of fitness needed. Let's accept this while appreciating those who have done it. Injuries are catching up very fast with Iniesta.

3. Stay in Europe and move to a slightly smaller club to still play close to top level competitive football i.e. be a Raul at Schalke. Firstly I understand his contract does not allow for that but lets leave that aside for a moment. I am not against this option but am not going gaga over it either. Not too many players derive satisfaction from such a stint. Besides it leaves you at least with a possibility of having to face the club of your life. Iniesta does not ever want to have to play against Barcelona and that is a sentiment worthy of a lot of respect.

4. Go outside Europe and mint money - the option he is likely to choose. Seriously there is nothing wrong with that. When we look at which players have won the most trophies ever there are a few names listed ahead of Iniesta but if we start looking at the weightage of each trophy won then in football history does anyone at all surpass Iniesta in that regard??? So for a player who has won everything three times over and been decisive in so many key moments in both club and international football, an all time legend of the beautiful game, whats left to achieve? Why not then look at earning more money? Money may not be the greatest virtue but it's hardly an evil by itself and if it is given to you, a lot of it, without you having to compromise with your principles or conscience, then why shouldn't one take it? How many of us here would refuse such money??? Even the maestro Xavi left for Qatar when the time was right. If Iniesta was less than thirty years old then my blood would be boiling at this thought but now is not the wrong time for this. It's not just about money but also about life after football. Look for other opportunities within and outside the game. Maybe even look for opportunities for other people close to you. Others have done it in the past and there is really nothing wrong with it as such.

It would be so great to leave top level football on a high. Go play the UCL final and leave with the trophy like Xavi did. Go play the world cup final and effectively retire at the end of the most important football match in four years like Zidane did (minus the headbutt though of course), although in his case it was complete retirement. All this is wishful thinking on my part though. The end is usually not that rosy for even the very best (a part of me even fears that Iniesta will get injured and miss the world cup) but their legacy certainly lives on for ever. For me Andres Iniesta essentially was and is football. He personified my love for the beautiful game.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:25 pm

He announced he is leaving barca today

I did not watch the press conference but apparently the whole squad was present except for great leader Messi and his Butler Suarez. Stay class
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:36 pm

In there case I hope they have a valid reason otherwise that’s disrespectful.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Better player than Fakenaldo ever was.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:21 pm

The Andres Iniesta Official Thread - Page 2 DbylVRHW4AAj88b

The end of an era Crying or Very sad
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Not really, there's still one left.

Spoiler:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Would've won 11 Liga titles instead of 9 if it weren't for Refdrid.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:02 pm

farfan wrote:Would've won 11 Liga titles instead of 9 if it weren't for Refdrid.

Ok this is just too brutal eco smile

That mighty corruption of Refdrid that he's constantly whining about has only bought 2 league titles out of a possible 11. We surely seem to be bribing the wrong people.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm

farfan wrote:Would've won 11 Liga titles instead of 9 if it weren't for Refdrid.

Trying too hard imo. Just admit to being a Real fan and we'll leave you alone
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 21, 2018 2:16 am

The Andres Iniesta Official Thread - Page 2 DdrpeKWVQAA2-X_
The Andres Iniesta Official Thread - Page 2 DdrpeqqUQAAlRZY

Can we just take a moment to appreciate what an incredible player he has been over the last decade? His consistency to deliver 8/10 matches week in week out is nothing short of extraordinary. He was an entertainer and a big game player. Above all, he gave us an elite partnership of messi, xavi and iniesta.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon May 21, 2018 7:58 am

One of the GOAT CM's. Barca really went out and gave him a fitting tribute. He deserves it.

Only Messi and Busquets remain from THAT Barca team. Time flies.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Mon May 21, 2018 8:17 am

I have seen him in his Prime ! What a player , absolute Legend at Country and Club level.

:bow:
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon May 21, 2018 8:32 am

Casciavit wrote:
Only Messi and Busquets remain from THAT Barca team. Time flies.

What about Piqué?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon May 21, 2018 10:50 am

Yea Pique too, his name escaped my head.

That core is all 30+ now. Barca should be praying to get one last CL win out of them.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 21, 2018 11:19 am

Casciavit wrote:Only Messi and Busquets remain from THAT Barca team. Time flies.
Messi only, he's the last of the Ronaldinho era CL06 team.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Special guy, all the recent tributes have made me even more appreciative of him, hes just so natural, real and consistent reliable guy. Some of this recent performances have been amazing to watch, his skills and dribbling. My only criticism of his game would be his shooting and final ball at times, but apart from that hes pretty perfect, even does well positioning when defending.

Great to see the immense tributes for him from all the fans, ppl and the club. It must be so emotional for him, it would be for an human being, I mean to be applauded in every stadium u goto, even to rivals, and respected like that, he sure will miss it.

And good luck where ever he goes next, and awaiting his return to Barca someday surely.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 21, 2018 7:34 pm

one of the best MF players to ever play the game imo. :bow: :bow:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Wasn't better than Xavi but in his prime clearly better than Zidane imo.

Born with the ball glued to his feet. An artist. Farewell
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 pm

RealGunner wrote:The Andres Iniesta Official Thread - Page 2 DdrpeKWVQAA2-X_
The Andres Iniesta Official Thread - Page 2 DdrpeqqUQAAlRZY

Can we just take a moment to appreciate what an incredible player he has been over the last decade? His consistency to deliver 8/10 matches week in week out is nothing short of extraordinary. He was an entertainer and a big game player. Above all, he gave us an elite partnership of messi, xavi and iniesta.

Very well said. Thumbs up

(Messi + Xavi + Iniesta) - that's my entire world of football. The user name that I use at these forums is essentially a reverse count down of my three all time favorite football players - (3) Messi, (2) Xavi and (1) Iniesta.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Fri May 25, 2018 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri May 25, 2018 10:44 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Special guy, all the recent tributes have made me even more appreciative of him, hes just so natural, real and consistent reliable guy. Some of this recent performances have been amazing to watch, his skills and dribbling. My only criticism of his game would be his shooting and final ball at times, but apart from that hes pretty perfect, even does well positioning when defending.

Great to see the immense tributes for him from all the fans, ppl and the club. It must be so emotional for him, it would be for an human being, I mean to be applauded in every stadium u goto, even to rivals, and respected like that, he sure will miss it.

And good luck where ever he goes next, and awaiting his return to Barca someday surely.

I can accept that he was a little inconsistent with his final ball, especially when he had to play it long. However whats so incredible is that in big matches he somehow got almost all those balls just perfect. cheers

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2