L.A. Noire

+2
BiasedMilanFan3
The Madrid One
6 posters

Go down

L.A. Noire Empty L.A. Noire

Post by The Madrid One Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:11 am

ANyone play this game? id like some opinions on it if possible.

I bought the game because i was interested in what rockstar had tried to produce here, orginally i was going to get it when it barely came out, but its lack of multiplayer swayed me away from it. Yesterday though i saw that it was on sale in my local game shop and i grabbed it immediately.

By what i have seen, to put it simply, this game does so many new things, in such a fashion and style, you can really see that beyond all the blood and gore, rockstar really does have some deep creativity in all its games. Its a very nice game, with too many flaws albeit for it to be something really special. Its flaws dont make it a crap game, but it makes it a game that falls short of what could have easily been greatness.

Lack of Multiplayer
medium to short singleplayer
particularly linear game
Lack of "very good" story with main character.

dESPITE this, the game offers something different and special enough for it to be worthy a of a playthrough.

A special game for me in a nice way, do you guys like it?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

L.A. Noire Empty Re: L.A. Noire

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:53 am

I bought it opening day

This is just my opinion by the way...

On paper, the game looks AMAZING. Absolutely phenomenal graphics. Unique gameplay and storyline. Large open city with every second pedestrian having their own back story. BUT. When I played the game. I found it a bit slow and although the city was huge, there wasn't much for me to do. I am aware you're a cop but I was kinda hoping it would be like True Crime where you can still kill pedestrians and cops and shit.

I guess I never got hooked on the game because I expected it to be too much like GTA. I won't buy LA Noire 2 if there is one.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:36 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I bought it opening day

This is just my opinion by the way...

On paper, the game looks AMAZING. Absolutely phenomenal graphics. Unique gameplay and storyline. Large open city with every second pedestrian having their own back story. BUT. When I played the game. I found it a bit slow and although the city was huge, there wasn't much for me to do. I am aware you're a cop but I was kinda hoping it would be like True Crime where you can still kill pedestrians and cops and shit.

I guess I never got hooked on the game because I expected it to be too much like GTA. I won't buy LA Noire 2 if there is one.
ya i fully understand you. Like the reviewer from machinima said, people that were hoping for explosive, killing filled, gta styled action are going to be a bit dissapointed, because the game is not ment to be that.

The purpose of the game is to provide something more.. to provide an almost movie like feel and representation of how crime was in the 40's, its a totally different game with a totally different purpose, i fully understand ur points though biased milan fan.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 am

I never expected this to be a 40s GTA, U read the previews carefully and found out you couldn't kill pedestrians and stuff. Most people who were disappointed by it were expecting it to be like GTA.

I wouldn't mind LA Noire 2, enjoyed the game, quite unique with a real Noire feel to it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:54 pm

Great game but I don't rate it as much as some people do.
The story was great but overall it isn't a game with much replay value

I love the whole LA scene and graphics when interrogating.
If there were to be a second one Id pick it up
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 pm

will make sure to pick it up after Mass Effect 3.I really love these type of games like Mass Effect,Heavy Rain,Deus Ex,Indigo Prophecy etc where you interact with NPCs and have to make decisions
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Me too, Ganso, especially Heavy Rain, which for me is one the greatest games ever made.

As for LA Noire, I liked it. You need to have a lot of patience for it as it does become repetitive and boring after a while. I personally liked it because it was a unique gaming experience, you get to experience how it is like to be a detective. It was so realistic.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down