The Super Rugby thread

+2
iNFINITY9910
Kick
6 posters

Go down

The Super Rugby thread Empty The Super Rugby thread

Post by Kick Fri 17 Feb 2012, 17:07

As a Kiwi I cannot wait for the new Season, anyone else pumped about it? Tips on who will win this year?

Unfortunately my beloved Hurricanes don't stand much of a Chance. Sad losing all those players is a big blow but hey, we beat the Cheifs tonight!

Who do you guys support?

The Super Rugby thread Super%2B14%2BRd%2B1%2BHurricanes%2Bv%2BWaratahs%2Bcs3gDxiTUvyl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The Super Rugby thread Empty Re: The Super Rugby thread

Post by Kick Sat 18 Feb 2012, 14:37

No super rugby fans? Surprising.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon 26 Mar 2012, 12:44

Crusaders FTW! Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Fri 06 Apr 2012, 16:29

Kick wrote:As a Kiwi I cannot wait for the new Season, anyone else pumped about it? Tips on who will win this year?

Unfortunately my beloved Hurricanes don't stand much of a Chance. Sad losing all those players is a big blow but hey, we beat the Cheifs tonight!

Who do you guys support?

The Super Rugby thread Super%2B14%2BRd%2B1%2BHurricanes%2Bv%2BWaratahs%2Bcs3gDxiTUvyl
The Canes are doing very well and surprising everyone. Good to see some teams throwing the ball around. The game against the Cheetahs were great end to end stuff. The irony about it all both teams are manage by two hookers!
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Tue 10 Apr 2012, 12:59

Great victory for the Stormers over the Highlanders this weekend.
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri 07 Feb 2014, 09:09

Ahh sheet new Season coming!!
Eben Etzabeth :bow: Die Bismarck :bow: Dagger :bow: Read :bow: Ben Smith :bow: Appels :bow: Cheslin Kolbe :bow: Israel Folau :bow: Cruden :bow: Savea :bow:

Sadly the best flyhalf in the world won't be competing this year. I Kaino making his comeback this year? No Rene Ranger Sad.

Favourite vid on Rene Ranger  Laughing 
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:24

I saw Benji Marshall in person the other day, I didn't say hello because he was with his mates and I really don't like the tigrs, but I was surprised at how small he was
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:25

Also what's the go with this poverty sport stealing Sam Burgess?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri 07 Feb 2014, 10:50

Poverty sport  Laughing 
Don't be hatin on the most prestigious code of the game. When SBW makes his return next year we will see who grabs most of the headlines.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 12:34

Most prestigious code rofl

Your rich private school snob sport has been stealing our players for years, and I'm not just talking about the big boys, like my man SBW, but even at grassroots. I've seen kids who were good at league playing league in the morning union in the afternoon, scholarships to big fancy schools etc, union scouts at league games etc.

On a more serious note, no question my man SBW will steal all the headlines, after two seasons playing THE MOST physically and technically demanding code there is, a game of rugby union will be a walk in the park for him
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat 08 Feb 2014, 13:28

Not far away from the start of the season.

I think the Canes will do better this year, they've improved over the break.

As long as the Chiefs don't win it again. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed 12 Feb 2014, 10:20

Canes don't have the pack to challange for the title, great backs as always, hoping TJ can go up another lvl and properly challenge for the All black 9 jersey, such a mercurial talent.

I think the Chiefs are still the team to beat, they've proven they can win even without their star forward & back player. Although i think their strongest challengers might be the Sharks/Reds this year. Don't think the Crusaders have the bench to win this competition and they did struggle to implement their running game without Carter there.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 16 Feb 2014, 09:31

South African conference started off the Super Rugby y'day. It opened with a banger, with the Lions beating the Cheetahs on their return to Super Rugby with a last gasp drop goal from their 10. Cheetahs 20-21 Lions
The Sharks got off to a great start under Jake White by beating the Bulls 31-16, claiming a bonus point victory. Victor Matfield made his return to rugby by coming on for the Bulls in the 2nd half.

The Australian and NZ conferences kicks off next weekend. I'm a Waratahs supporter by the way! Expecting my team to make the playoffs this year! C'mon you Tahs!!! Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon 17 Feb 2014, 12:57

El Gunner wrote:with the Lions beating the Cheetahs on their return to Super Rugby with a last gasp drop goal from their 10

Marnitz Boshoff ftw, great win for them, but i was looking forward to see Stokkies Hannekom in Super Rugby this year, but they didn't even include him in their super rugby squad even though he was the main protagonist in their playoff against the Kings.

The Sharks/Bulls game was destruction the scoreline should have been allot worse, Bulls lost allot of quality, Spies proving yet again how overrated his physicality is. Mattfield's return didn't have much impact on the game, however with his leadership he can help the Bulls make the right decisions on game day.

Steyn was a monster, ran over Jan "Rocky" Serfontein multiple times, but to his credit he never backed down and kept working hard on defense. Sharks are full of quality but i doubt they have the stamini to keep up the physicality for an entire season, i also think that the amount of Springbok's in the team could hurt them in the long run.

The Bull's won't win another super rugby title for a long time, the game has changed and you can't win any rugby competition without utilizing your backs and relying on rolling mauls.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down