Raptorgunner
Spider
Jamin
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rebuild - Page 3 Empty Re: Rebuild

Post by Jamin Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:49 am

I updated my first post so that we can follow up on the rebuilding process.

Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:03 am

I want to add that I expect 1 big signing this summer. Either Hazard or Gotze.

Simply, because Wenger has never experienced such situation and he knows very well that a big signing will silence some of the 'Wenger Out' brigade.

Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:57 am

We are not in a position to attract mega star players anymore...

Hazard would think 10 times before joining us, and if he does join, he will leave for madrid in 5 years.

We need players who are excellent but not really hyped up.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:08 am

arsenal and big signings forget it. at the start of the season i was convinced arsenal needed major signings but now i am changed. people judge teams by big names and that is plain wrong. during the match its 11 vs 11. what arsenal need is 11 consistent players who walk on the pitch and give 100% no matter they loose or win. the desire and commitment is the most important aspect.
there are so many talents around the world and all they need is a chance. wenger gives them this chance and he deserves the credit for it. no other manager would take this responsibility.
my point is we need players who are not expensive yet they are complete in terms of experience and talent. for me mikel arteta was/is/will be signing of the season
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:36 am

usman111 wrote:arsenal and big signings forget it. at the start of the season i was convinced arsenal needed major signings but now i am changed. people judge teams by big names and that is plain wrong. during the match its 11 vs 11. what arsenal need is 11 consistent players who walk on the pitch and give 100% no matter they loose or win. the desire and commitment is the most important aspect.
there are so many talents around the world and all they need is a chance. wenger gives them this chance and he deserves the credit for it. no other manager would take this responsibility.
my point is we need players who are not expensive yet they are complete in terms of experience and talent. for me mikel arteta was/is/will be signing of the season

11 consistent players is straight impossible are aware of that aren't you?! Even the currenent, great, barcelona don't have 11 consistent- moreover, I'd say they have about 8 consistent. And there's only 2 other teams I can compare them too, in regards to the sheer dominance they posses on the team. That would be Del Bosque's Madrid and Mourinho's Chelsea. Those teams had players who were hungry and consistent, albeit costing an arm and a leg in transfer and salary.

Wengers definition of 'expensive' isn't shared with the rest of the world, unfortunately. Therefore, when Mata is available for around £20m, to you and I that's a damn bargain. To wenger, that is extortion.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:45 am

lenear1030 wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:I could go on and on right now! Why did Wenger sign Santos aka attacking left midfield striker instead of an already established Enrique, when both cost the same?! For the life of me, I will never understand that one. Don't even think Wenger, himself, can get out of that one.

If we don't make fourth, Wenger, imo, has to should most of the blame...purely because I'm not sure whether Kroenke is being controlled by Aliens or not- mute recluse, or if Gazidis knows what fvcking day it is in that peanut head of his.

because gibbs is always hurt, and arsene got his 'wake-up call' after the man u loss and spent some money at the deadline. santos wasn't a bad buy given the circumstances.

hindsight is 20/20 though, not that many people were calling for us to buy enrique in the summer. a lot of people wanted baines or believed gibbs could the job done (lol...)

So are you implying that if we had lost 2-1, as opposed to 8-2, wenger wouldn't have signed Santos?! So then answer me this, would we have kept Traore and not bothered signing and EXPERIENCED left on the premise that Gibbs and Traore were now ready?!

Whoever was calling for Baines, clearly wasn't thinking straight. How do you go about convincing a stobborn scotsmann to sell his best player below market value, especially when Everton can't even get a £500 credit card in their name? There was no secret that Enrique was on going to cost £7m top wack! Even, Merson said it! Santos was a panic buy. Granted he's done ok, but he along with Jack and Per, have succumbed to chocolateankleitis and are now done for the season!
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:15 pm

usman111 wrote:arsenal and big signings forget it. at the start of the season i was convinced arsenal needed major signings but now i am changed. people judge teams by big names and that is plain wrong. during the match its 11 vs 11. what arsenal need is 11 consistent players who walk on the pitch and give 100% no matter they loose or win. the desire and commitment is the most important aspect.

Signing of the season?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:20 pm

so... rebuild definitely.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Time for new manager and new players.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:26 pm

mikel arteta is a good squad player, no were near good enought to be a starter for a team like arsenal, same as ramsey and song.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:52 pm

REWB wrote:mikel arteta is a good squad player, no were near good enought to be a starter for a team like arsenal, same as ramsey and song.
Yea them, walcott, gibbs, santos. It is a shorter list putting together a list of players that are good enough to start for Arsenal. Then you have the other list of players that are just not good enough to be on an Arsenal list.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Apart from players, we need to rebuild the backroom staff team as well.

Football has been changing constantly, We still have the same old coaches etc who are living in the past.

We need to bring Keown in. We need to replace Rice with Bergkamp or someone. We need better 1st team coaches who are imaginative and innovative.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:10 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:
SUPERCARTTS wrote:I could go on and on right now! Why did Wenger sign Santos aka attacking left midfield striker instead of an already established Enrique, when both cost the same?! For the life of me, I will never understand that one. Don't even think Wenger, himself, can get out of that one.

If we don't make fourth, Wenger, imo, has to should most of the blame...purely because I'm not sure whether Kroenke is being controlled by Aliens or not- mute recluse, or if Gazidis knows what fvcking day it is in that peanut head of his.

because gibbs is always hurt, and arsene got his 'wake-up call' after the man u loss and spent some money at the deadline. santos wasn't a bad buy given the circumstances.

hindsight is 20/20 though, not that many people were calling for us to buy enrique in the summer. a lot of people wanted baines or believed gibbs could the job done (lol...)

So are you implying that if we had lost 2-1, as opposed to 8-2, wenger wouldn't have signed Santos?! So then answer me this, would we have kept Traore and not bothered signing and EXPERIENCED left on the premise that Gibbs and Traore were now ready?!

Whoever was calling for Baines, clearly wasn't thinking straight. How do you go about convincing a stobborn scotsmann to sell his best player below market value, especially when Everton can't even get a £500 credit card in their name? There was no secret that Enrique was on going to cost £7m top wack! Even, Merson said it! Santos was a panic buy. Granted he's done ok, but he along with Jack and Per, have succumbed to chocolateankleitis and are now done for the season!

in a sense, yes that's I was implying. i just dont' see what part of that you're trying to dispute if you are. fact is, wenger/the board whoever felt the pressure after that embarrassment to hit the transfer market to try to improve the team. given that it was at the deadline and there were a shortage of decent lb's available, i believed picking up santos wasn't a bad move. that's the context.

in regards to baines and enrique the suggestions for those players came after the sale of clichy. those suggestions were obviously because they knew gibbs is unreliable. personally, i didn't advocate for either or of enrique or baines because I wasn't familiar enough with either at the time. i did want us to buy another lb though, just wasn't certain who it should've been. regardless this whole scenario played out prior to the wake-up call that prompted us to make those signings just before the deadline.

now if we had lost 2-1 at united i have no way of knowing if we would've made any of the deadline day signings or not. if you ask for my opinion, i'd say that we wouldn't have made those signings and kept traore and stuck with gibbs, not bought another cb etc. because even then wenger believed we had a big team. but the fact is, that's not what happened. we got drubbed at united, and we made some panic buys if that's what you want to call them
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jcsc13 Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:41 pm

I don’t post much but I have to get this out

I have always been on Wenger’s side but I don’t know anymore this team is just pathetic

We simply don’t have enough WC players most of them are just good squad players, it is definitely time change and get new players
The way I see it this are our only good players that deserve to start at Arsenal

Szczęsny: Not WC yet but he keeps getting better.

Sagna: WC player IMO one of the best RB if not the best

Koscielny: Our best defender this season

Vermaelen: Very good player but has been forced to play LB most of the season due to injuries

Mertesacker: Doesn’t look like he does a lot for the team but recent games show how much he really does

Wilshere: Our only good midfielder, has really been missed this season

Van Persie: WC actually feel bad for him having to play with this mediocre team

Some may argue that Ox, Gervinho, Arteta and others are good enough but no, they are squad players just not good enough to start

Chamberlain: Still too young yet performing better than Walcott and gervinho. I am sure he can become a starter but not yet

Gervinho: for some reason every time he gets the ball I know he will make the wrong decision

Walcott: Fast player, that’s all he has. Yeah he has a lot of assists but he needs to start scoring also for someone who calls himself a striker and miss 1 on 1 is not acceptable

Arteta: Good squad player nothing else, he could play alongside Wilshere next season if we don’t get anyone better than him

To sum this all up this is the team we have:
-------------------------- Szczęsny----------------------------
Sagna--------Koscielny-------Mertesacker-------Vermaelen
-----------------------Wilshere------------------ Him being injured leaves us with no Midfield
----------------------------Van Persie---------------------------

Funny how last season we had a very strong midfield and a crap defense and now is the other way around we really need new players
jcsc13
jcsc13
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:54 pm

My kid has agrued with me over the last few years about why I did not consider TV and KOS WC players. I have always told him that 1 year does not make you a great player. If you can prove that you can repeat a great year again I would be ready to consider someone a great player. Well TV and KOS have earned it now.
So JCS I would agree with you on most of what you said. I just am not willing to through Wilshere into that list yet. My opinion will until I see otherwise will be no. Not necessarily because he is not a good player. I just do not think that he is great yet. I also think that the mentality of our midfield has changed too much since last year and he will struggle under the same non-creative personnel issues that Ramsey and Artetta are.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Wonder when will we ever see our best 11 on the pitch
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waitressinthesky Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:07 pm

I really think Arteta's good, but he's played all but what, three games since he started with us? Full 90+ minutes, and he's no spring chicken. For me, he looks tired out there the last two games, but I still think he's good enough to start. Issue is, look who he's working with in the midfield.

Yet another issue with Wenger overplaying his thinly stretched squad.

You can't tell me Arteta is as useless as Ramsey! (Ramsey in his current form, not Ramsey at his potential.)

waitressinthesky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 pm

A trophy winning team would never include Ramsey. Might include Arteta tho.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Ramsey will be great for us. He should still be an understudy still. Its not his fault that Wenger has given him (a teenager who had yet to play a full season in the PL) the burden of filling in Fabregas's shoes. Its quite obvious that Ramsey has been over worked. Ild pick Arshavin to play Ramseys role.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by waitressinthesky Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 pm

I agree -- Wenger should know better. Such a silly way to play Ramsey.

waitressinthesky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Jamin wrote:A trophy winning team would never include Ramsey. Might include Arteta tho.

A trophy winning team might include both of them. Neither would be bad as squad players. Artetta is what he has always been though. He is a mid table starter. If he was anything more than a trophy challenging side would have looked at getting him at some point in his career.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:23 pm

It's not Ramsey's fault he's played off position. It's Wenger's for not getting an adequate Fabregas replacement. Arteta was a Wilshere replacement if anything.

I don't feel we need to "rebuild". I worry more about getting rid of all the useless overpayed deadweight than getting in new players.

I do back that we need to completely reshuffle the backroom staff, ASAP. Wenger has enough work on his hands as it is, and I don't see the other staff with much work. They've become complacent, IMO. Always the same shit year after year and all the blame is put on Wenger who pretty much is overworked by any other manager's standards. No creativity, no risks and no ruthlessness. Part of it is Wenger's fault, but the backroom staff are just as guilty, if not more.

I have to bow down to Villa Boas for making Chelsea shit too, because if it weren't for him we would be destined for Europa League glory a while ago...

The team is good enough for 4th spot, if they only showed some balls. That's all that matters right now. This transfer window will be critical.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:31 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Ramsey will be great for us. He should still be an understudy still. Its not his fault that Wenger has given him (a teenager who had yet to play a full season in the PL) the burden of filling in Fabregas's shoes. Its quite obvious that Ramsey has been over worked. Ild pick Arshavin to play Ramseys role.

still not an excuse for much of his poor play. he's tried to be a flair player for no reason at all. if he cut the tricks out that'd be immensely helpful
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:54 pm

I am so glad nobody believs in wengerism anymore
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:58 pm

aleumdance wrote:I am so glad nobody believs in wengerism anymore

i'm sure some still do. if not, then it's the 'get behind the team, stop criticizing them if you're a real gunner' stuff
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:15 pm

aleumdance wrote:I am so glad nobody believs in wengerism anymore

what difference does it make anyway?
REWB
REWB