Raptorgunner
Spider
Jamin
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rebuild - Page 2 Empty Re: Rebuild

Post by 6unner Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:33 pm

I like this more. Never believed in Santos and still think that he has a lot to prove to be a starter for Arsenal. I would actually be willing to through him and Artetta on the sell list. Don't think they are Arsenal quality players.

sagna...verm....kosi.....Vertonghen

........wilshere.....coquelin (i firmly believe he will replace song very soon)
.................renato
hazard......................gotze
.................rvp

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Simply, sell the deadweight to create more funds and free up more space on the wage bill, sign at least one genuinely quality player and a couple of good purchases in the £10-15mil range. I don't think this squad requires radical change, just galvanisation.

Szczesny, Fabiasnki and one of Martinez/McDermott/Shea/Charles-Cook. Sorted in the goalkeeping area.

Koscielny, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Djourou, Miquel and maybe even Bartley. Quality and depth at centre back.

Sagna, Jenkinson, Gibbs and Santos. Same as centre back.

Alex Song, Francis Coquelin, Emmanuel Frimpong. Defensive midfield is covered.

Mikel Arteta, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Tomas Rosicky. Could maybe use some extra qaulity here IF Wilshere doesn't turn out to be the solution.

Theo Walcott, Gervinho, Alex Chamberlain. Think we need something more here. Chamberlain obviously very promising, but still young. Walcott and Gervinho both inconsistent and the former might even end up leaving anyway.

Robin van Persie. Yeah, only one good striker here and he might not even be here next season. Need someone for depth here or, if van Persie's leaves, someone of real quality.

So that leaves:

Manuel Almunia, Sebastien Squillaci, Denilson, Diaby, Arshavin, Park, Vela, Bendtner and Chamakh as the players I 100% think should be sold in the summer.

What I want to see in the summer is us to sign a winger and a striker. Maybe a creative midfielder, too.

Nine players out, two in at a minimum.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Podolski and Gotez. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Podolski Hazard. :bow: :bow:

You pick.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Podolski and Gotez. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Podolski Hazard. :bow: :bow:

You pick.

i changed my team, instead of renato and armenteros.

just buy podoski. :bow:

wilshere...........coqoulin/song
..............gotze
hazard....................podoski
.................rvp

:bow:

this is even cheaper since podolski is so multi talented.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:17 pm

oh sorry i thought by rebuild you mean sth like total change(oh my english eco smile )
i want 2-3 players around 24-27 who are kinda established
and can give us 4-5 good years
Podolski-soldado fit the bill and we should be able to pay their wages
also Giroud stats looks too good to true gonna watch him more
(though they can GTFO if they want 40M Laughing )
Sadly i have started to doubt if Gibbo can get rid these injuries or not Sad
apart from that i think we are fine in defence
same about diaby(you never know Very Happy )
theo and Ramsey can be squad players at worst case why sell hmm
also yeah Gerv is inconsistent but we should see maybe Ryo become ready to compete for his place next season
As for signing younger players
what about Jovetic? :?:

Last edited by Sina on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:19 pm

People are aware that Götze and Hazard are going to cost a combined £80mil, right? £40mil a piece. One is unrealistic, both is a fantasy never to come true.

Better off setting our sights else where, I think.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Yes we will buy both Hazard and Gotze...
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:34 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:People are aware that Götze and Hazard are going to cost a combined £80mil, right? £40mil a piece. One is unrealistic, both is a fantasy never to come true.

Better off setting our sights else where, I think.

no way, unless there are plenty of clubs after them, but there isnt:

-rm/barca-dont need

-man city-have too much of a big squad they dont have space and i dont think they will be that interested, plus dont think haz/gotze will be stupid enough to go.

-man utd are after shnjder

-italian clubs are after ganso and the others

-that just leaves chelsea/liverpool and us. spurs dont have the right wage budget, plus will be investing in their new stadium.

dont know if chelsea are looking for that type of player, what they really need is a striker. plus after spending as much as they have dont think they are going to be going crazy. Liverpool again spent lots last summer, i would be amazed if they are going to spend much this summer as well.

why would hazard and gotze be 80mil?

-hazard 25-30mill

-gotze-30/35

thats around 65ish

where did 40mill each come from? we can spend that money if we really wanted to, as i said if liverpool can do it why dont we? this is the time to do it.

REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:40 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Simply, sell the deadweight to create more funds and free up more space on the wage bill, sign at least one genuinely quality player and a couple of good purchases in the £10-15mil range. I don't think this squad requires radical change, just galvanisation.

Szczesny, Fabiasnki and one of Martinez/McDermott/Shea/Charles-Cook. Sorted in the goalkeeping area.

Koscielny, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Djourou, Miquel and maybe even Bartley. Quality and depth at centre back.

Sagna, Jenkinson, Gibbs and Santos. Same as centre back.

Alex Song, Francis Coquelin, Emmanuel Frimpong. Defensive midfield is covered.

Mikel Arteta, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Tomas Rosicky. Could maybe use some extra qaulity here IF Wilshere doesn't turn out to be the solution.

Theo Walcott, Gervinho, Alex Chamberlain. Think we need something more here. Chamberlain obviously very promising, but still young. Walcott and Gervinho both inconsistent and the former might even end up leaving anyway.

Robin van Persie. Yeah, only one good striker here and he might not even be here next season. Need someone for depth here or, if van Persie's leaves, someone of real quality.

So that leaves:

Manuel Almunia, Sebastien Squillaci, Denilson, Diaby, Arshavin, Park, Vela, Bendtner and Chamakh as the players I 100% think should be sold in the summer.

What I want to see in the summer is us to sign a winger and a striker. Maybe a creative midfielder, too.

Nine players out, two in at a minimum.
Spot on. Couldn't agree more
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:41 pm

we made a bid for gotze, and wenger always talks about hazard as if he wants to buy him. i dont think its that crazy to think we could get both.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:45 pm

I want to add/ask two things.

1) Wilshere played B2B last season, right?
2)I thought Wenger wanted to turn Chamberlain into a CAM so If this is true then we should definitely bid for Hazard.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 pm

buying only one of hazard and gotze would only mean that we will just get "guaranteed top 4" status back. we wont win anything still, it'll just be like last season when we had nasri and cesc. we need to buy both/podolski and a cb to replace djourou/squallaci.

dont know were goonerjay got the idea that djourou is quality
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:30 pm

-rm/barca-dont need

Won't stop them from buying one of them. You know how Real Madrid operate.

-man city-have too much of a big squad they dont have space and i dont think they will be that interested, plus dont think haz/gotze will be stupid enough to go.

Again, why stop them from buying, especially when one or two are underperforming. And why would they be stupid to go? City are a title winning team with lots of cash.

Think that has been and gone.

But Ganso doesn't have to be their only target.

-that just leaves chelsea/liverpool and us. spurs dont have the right wage budget, plus will be investing in their new stadium.

Spurs maybe not, but if Chelsea want Hazard they can get him. He is the player they need.

-hazard 25-30mill

-gotze-30/35

thats around 65ish

where did 40mill each come from? we can spend that money if we really wanted to, as i said if liverpool can do it why dont we? this is the time to do it.

Hazard's release is reportedly £40mil. What's more, Lille know they have several clubs after him and can easily jack up the price. Hazard has clearly not settled on just one club, either. £25mil is far far too optimistic.

Dortmund don't need to sell Götze, either, and the player himself has already committed himself to another year there at least. It won't be easy to pry him away, and you're looking at bids of £30mil+. If more clubs come in for him, it's going to be even higher.

You're being completely unrealistic about this. How many clubs in the world do you know spend £30mil+ on two players in the same window? There are only two who can do that: Real Madrid and Manchester City, one who is a jaggernaut financially, the other funded by Arab money. It's not even a matter of should/should not, it's simply a matter of not being able to physically make both of those moves happen.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Jamin wrote:^^ too much dont you think?

no such thing as too much.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:02 am

Have you guys not realized we are already rebuilding, we are at stage 1 right now..... we lost two key players as soon as we lost them we turned into rebuilding mode.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:19 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
-rm/barca-dont need

Again, why stop them from buying, especially when one or two are underperforming. And why would they be stupid to go? City are a title winning team with lots of cash.

Spurs maybe not, but if Chelsea want Hazard they can get him. He is the player they need.

-hazard 25-30mill

-gotze-30/35

thats around 65ish

Hazard's release is reportedly £40mil. What's more, Lille know they have several clubs after him and can easily jack up the price. Hazard has clearly not settled on just one club, either. £25mil is far far too optimistic.

Dortmund don't need to sell Götze, either, and the player himself has already committed himself to another year there at least. It won't be easy to pry him away, and you're looking at bids of £30mil+. If more clubs come in for him, it's going to be even higher.

You're being completely unrealistic about this. How many clubs in the world do you know spend £30mil+ on two players in the same window? There are only two who can do that: Real Madrid and Manchester City, one who is a jaggernaut financially, the other funded by Arab money. It's not even a matter of should/should not, it's simply a matter of not being able to physically make both of those moves happen.

Jay you got everything spot on, but if we really want to we can get both players even Podolski included. We can spend 60 to 70 million and buy all 3 of them and we dont have to spend big for another 5 to 7 years.
Buying 3 big name players surly will take us to the next level and we would compete for major trophies.

We all know Arsenal, we would be lucky to get one of them. No
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:15 am

IMScouting
Giroud`s story is even more magical, given the fact that until the 2008/09 season, when he was snatched by Ligue 2 club Tours, the 1.92 meter striker played only for amateur ranks. After finishing the 2009/10 season as the top scorer of Ligue 2 with 21 goals, Montpellier paid 2.5 million Euros for his services. In his top flight debut season he scored 12 league goals, as it took him time to make full adaptation to Ligue 1. Now he is exploding.
Giroud is very strong and physical target striker who knows how to hold the ball and play with his back to the goal. But moreover he is a very mobile player. He enjoys good pace for his height , and shows smart and consistent movement along the field. He is very strong in the air and also shows very good first touch and elegance in his actions. Giroud is a very good finisher with both feet, cold-blooded in front of goal, who works hard on the field showing very determined mentality to succeed in his career.
2011-12 Stats sofar
Apps:22

Goals:16

Total shots:83

shots on target:39

Assists:6

key passes p.g: 1.7

Aerial success:73%

price tag:16M
-------
Rolling Eyes
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:21 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
-rm/barca-dont need

-hazard 25-30mill

-gotze-30/35

thats around 65ish

Jay you got everything spot on, but if we really want to we can get both players even Podolski included. We can spend 60 to 70 million and buy all 3 of them and we dont have to spend big for another 5 to 7 years.
Buying 3 big name players surly will take us to the next level and we would compete for major trophies.

We all know Arsenal, we would be lucky to get one of them. No

this is what im saying, we CAN if we want to, its what we need if we want to compete again. if we dont, we wont be competing seriously.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:56 am

Rebuild, my arse! All these pipe-dream signings do absolutely nothing for me, except irritate me. For 3 seasons now, we've been campaigning for better players, but all we get is massive transfer fund, a lack of signings and silent treatment from Kroenke. Yet Usmanov is crooked Neutral

I've been saying for 3 season now that the dead-wood we have is verging on ridiculous. Gazidis and co want to put executive boxes and season ticket prices up, yet we have piss poor players on £2m a year.

I couldn't begin to compile a list of the shitheads I want out of Arsenal. As for signings, look no further than the reserve team. pfffttt...rebuild...yeah right! More chance me rebuilding my relationship with my dad than there is Wenger rebuilding the team with another bullshit transfer kitty.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:08 am

thanks Carts. You really know how to tear us down even farther.

Unfortunately, you are probably correct. We can all dream though. Also, yes REWB is for the most part sport on. I had thought going into the beginning of last summer we needed to buy 3 or 4 Quality players. Instead we went and sold three of our best. So going into this summer I will now add to the 2 or 3 and say that in order to actually compete for titles we need to get 5 or 6 QUALITY players.

This is Arsenal though and we won't. We will probably loose RVP also. Then look to reinforce from the reserve team or cut rate players from lower divisions or lesser leagues.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:24 am

I could go on and on right now! Why did Wenger sign Santos aka attacking left midfield striker instead of an already established Enrique, when both cost the same?! For the life of me, I will never understand that one. Don't even think Wenger, himself, can get out of that one.

If we don't make fourth, Wenger, imo, has to should most of the blame...purely because I'm not sure whether Kroenke is being controlled by Aliens or not- mute recluse, or if Gazidis knows what fvcking day it is in that peanut head of his.

SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:02 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:I could go on and on right now! Why did Wenger sign Santos aka attacking left midfield striker instead of an already established Enrique, when both cost the same?! For the life of me, I will never understand that one. Don't even think Wenger, himself, can get out of that one.

If we don't make fourth, Wenger, imo, has to should most of the blame...purely because I'm not sure whether Kroenke is being controlled by Aliens or not- mute recluse, or if Gazidis knows what fvcking day it is in that peanut head of his.

because gibbs is always hurt, and arsene got his 'wake-up call' after the man u loss and spent some money at the deadline. santos wasn't a bad buy given the circumstances.

hindsight is 20/20 though, not that many people were calling for us to buy enrique in the summer. a lot of people wanted baines or believed gibbs could the job done (lol...)
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:02 am

I've given up on any big signing. We've never made one, and even when we had a chance to, we've totally bottled it. (Mata, Enrique etc etc)

Its just going to be the same thing all over this summer. We will lose Van Persie, and will bring in a youngster for a ridiculous price. The injury problems will persist and we'll hit the same cycle we do every year.

Getting rid of the deadwood we got sounds easy, but its going to be extremely tough. No one is going to be offering the likes of Bendtner, Denilson, and Chamakh 50k/wk, and they'd be stupid to take a pay cut and move. There are no international tournaments coming up after the summer for a while, so they've got nothing to prove.

Its just so depressing because a signing like Hazard or Gotze will give us that edge we've been dying to see from Walcott for years now.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:31 am

you guys need to understand that we havent even spent £20 on a player yet

so the idea that in one window we're gonna throw £30+ twice plus a few £15m is an absolutely dreamland fantasy not gonna happen thing

realistically we will spend about £30 in total on a few players at most
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:33 am

GoonerJay, what a fantastic post :bow:

Podolski would be good because, he can play on wings and cover van Persie - Wenger likes versatility so it's a possible move.

But I fear some of our fans will be *again* dissapointed for not buying the likes of Hazard/Gotze. It's just not gonna happen Laughing

Both cost atleast 40mln, and our most expensive buy in history is 15mln Rolling Eyes
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:49 am

I updated my first post so that we can follow up on the rebuilding process.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next