che
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
Sushi Master
Nishankly
42 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Call of Duty> You Thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: Call of Duty> You Thread.

Post by RED Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Hands down the worst COD to date. Completely rubbish. Rubbish maps, rubbish guns, rubbish format, rubbish single player campaign, rubbish sh*tty out dated graphics, rubbish hit detections, rubbish audio etc.

Zombies is decent, but a bit OTT hard atm.

:facepalm: completely underwhelmed.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:21 pm

People still buying COD and expecting it to be anything other than rehashed crap...

Call of Duty> You Thread. - Page 23 Dumbbitch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:28 pm

I wish i can get money for copy and pasting

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Halo 4 >>>>
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:47 pm

I've got like 2 hours playing time but this is what I can confirm:

THERE IS NOWHERE TO HIDE. If you are a camper, do NOT buy this game. Treyarch have developed the game specifically so everyone is active.

You don't unlike Ghost until level 55 (the last level) and even then, Ghost only works of you're moving. UAV is extremely effective and they have brought back the Blackbird so everyone will show up on the map. Plus, silencers nerf your gun pretty bad.

Scorestreaks take a while to get used to because (for example) the Blackbird in Black Ops was an 8 killstreak but in Black Ops 2 it's 1200 points (1 kill=100 points) BUT killstreaks stack and you get double points for getting kills near an objective so you can get all your streaks in half the time if you cap flags and kill near them.

I'm gonna make an absolutely massive call and say their is more teamwork and objective play in Black Ops 2 then there is in Battlefield 3.

Also, near impossible to sound whore people and snipers aren't that bad. I think LeDNA just got into a game with some good quickscopers because snipers have gotten patched really hard.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Played non stop since sunday mate. the quickscoping is the same as in mw2/mw3 which was way to *bleep* easy...

Anyway biased add my xbl

- verssaci

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 pm

So all the maps are like Battlefield maps? Large?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I've got like 2 hours playing time but this is what I can confirm:

THERE IS NOWHERE TO HIDE. If you are a camper, do NOT buy this game. Treyarch have developed the game specifically so everyone is active.

You don't unlike Ghost until level 55 (the last level) and even then, Ghost only works of you're moving. UAV is extremely effective and they have brought back the Blackbird so everyone will show up on the map. Plus, silencers nerf your gun pretty bad.

Scorestreaks take a while to get used to because (for example) the Blackbird in Black Ops was an 8 killstreak but in Black Ops 2 it's 1200 points (1 kill=100 points) BUT killstreaks stack and you get double points for getting kills near an objective so you can get all your streaks in half the time if you cap flags and kill near them.

I'm gonna make an absolutely massive call and say their is more teamwork and objective play in Black Ops 2 then there is in Battlefield 3.

Also, near impossible to sound whore people and snipers aren't that bad. I think LeDNA just got into a game with some good quickscopers because snipers have gotten patched really hard.

there were 2 campers posted in one spot when I was playing TM in drone earlier today. Camping will never be eradicated from an FPS online game, no matter how hard devs try.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:So all the maps are like Battlefield maps? Large?

Nope, there are a bunch of small maps.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:42 am

RED wrote:
BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I've got like 2 hours playing time but this is what I can confirm:

there were 2 campers posted in one spot when I was playing TM in drone earlier today. Camping will never be eradicated from an FPS online game, no matter how hard devs try.

I have yet to play on Hijacked without running into 2-3 campers on the opposing team....

As for "quickscoping", it's definitely harder than it was in MW2 and MW3. Dragscoping, which is the preferred sniping technique of those who didn't master "true quickscoping", has been nerfed pretty bad. So, that's likely to reduce the amount of running snipers drastically. The time it takes to aim down your sight is even slightly longer than it was in MW1. They also completely removed Aim Assist. Quickscoping is still very effective in Black Ops 2, but I've experienced that it can be far more inconsistent than it was in previous CoDs. I've been getting a shit ton of hitmarkers, since I started playing earlier today. Also, I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem, but the hit detection seems really damn random sometimes, so I can't always rely on my shots to hit the target.. even if I aim for the chest from close range. Maybe it's due to the lag that I've been experiencing all day, or perhaps it's treyarch's infamous, "invisible sway" effect".

I can attest to what biased said about silencers being detrimental to the overall performance of your weapon. There seems to be a lot of hardscoping campers in this game, on PS3. I didn't really expect Treyarch to make an effort to remove panic knifing, but it still disappoints me that they didn't, it seems to happen to me all the time in Bops 2.. and the "commando pro" effect can be pretty ridiculous, sometimes. The spawns are the worst I've ever seen in a CoD game. I spawned twice in front of an enemy sentry gun, ffs...

I do like some things about this game, though. Personally, I think it has a very unique feel about it. Some may think it's very similar to Black Ops 1, and that may be true, but I still think it's a relatively different experience. I love the wildcard system, and some of the smaller additions to Black Ops 2, like the mute all except party function and the online friends list in the game lobby. Black Ops 2 has frustrated me a lot today, but I think it will grow on me. I'm just waiting for Treyarch to look into and hopefully fix the lag and hit detection issues, like they (to some extent) did a few weeks after the release of Black Ops.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 pm

I like how they use the world at war headshot sound when you get a headshot in bo 2 Very Happy

Think it's the same with knifing not quite sure
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:59 pm

I wonder when Call of Duty will reach the level.

Like every year they just change the perks, guns, maps, killstreaks etc, but they don't really make an improvement to the graphics, gameplay etc.

Basically the game needs revolutionary changes.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Prob next gen Laughing
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:44 am

I talked to most guys who got BO2 around me and they all said it's pretty good. So why isn't GL agreeing with them hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:52 am

If the game changes too much, people will complain.
If the game doesn't change enough, people will complain.

Moral of the story: Don't use coat hangers to glide down power lines.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:34 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:If the game changes too much, people will complain.
If the game doesn't change enough, people will complain.

Moral of the story: Don't use coat hangers to glide down power lines.

This is so true, people are hating on the developers of Gears Judgment because they are making so many changes to the series and people are judging without even playing it :facepalm:

There's a lot of people complaining about Halo 4 being too different.

I don't envy devs tbh they really are in a no win situation.

Moral of the story: Peeps don't like change.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:34 am

Overall, I do like the game. It doesn't have the insanity of Infinity Ward games but its fun nonetheless.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:53 am

I think Bops 2 feels relatively unique and original. I'm sure some of you disagree, but I genuinely think that it has a different feel about it than any other CoD game, unlike at least the previous 4 CoD titles, which all had a very similar feel about them. Bops 2 may not have revolutionised the genre, but it's still a refreshing change of pace from the previous CoD games, in my opinion. Now, if only Treyarch would fix their server issues...
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:55 am

How many different way will people shorten Black Ops? I hate how our society feels the need to abbreviate and shorten everything!!! /rant

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:03 pm

THC 10 wrote:How many different way will people shorten Black Ops? I hate how our society feels the need to abbreviate and shorten everything!!! /rant

I usually try to refrain from using abbreviations, but I wrote that post at like.. 5am this morning, and I was really damn tired at the time. So, that's how I ended up writing "Bops2" and "CoD" instead of their full names.

by Thimmy Today at 05:53

Yep, almost 6am.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:17 am

Couple of days in and I still haven't changed my mind about it. I do however love Zombie mode, always have.

Tranzit is still a bit tough for us. Me, my bro and a 2 of my mates are struggling to get past round 8 so far. I know, pathetic :facepalm: lol. But we keep getting split up whenever the bus comes around and only 2 could get on while the other(s) are somewhere cornered by zombies or what not.

I've been watching some YT vids to get some tips, hopefully that'll help for tonight's session. Cool

edit: @ Mole. It's not so much change in itself, it's when devs make drastic changes and change what was such a great formula or a formula that worked. COD these days seems to cater to beginners rather than harcore fans or fps gamers. BO2, honestly it's the first COD that I didn't feel right off the bat. It just doesn't feel right (I'm talking about Multiplayer of course). Can't be arsed to play campaign. ATM I'm just playing Zombies mode....or a lil multiplayer if my friends are playing, so I just join in.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:36 am

How is the campaign ? i don't expect it to be better than MW3 but it would be great if the campaign was longer. MW3's was short and the story was kinda forgettable.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:51 am

RED wrote:Hands down the worst COD to date. Completely rubbish. Rubbish maps, rubbish guns, rubbish format, rubbish single player campaign, rubbish sh*tty out dated graphics, rubbish hit detections, rubbish audio etc.

Zombies is decent, but a bit OTT hard atm.

:facepalm: completely underwhelmed.

What exactly is it that you don't like about those things? I know you just stated a few of the things that you dislike, but "rubbish guns" doesn't really tell me much. Personally, I think that Treyarch did a great job in making the weapons balanced in Black Ops 2. Even explosives can be rendered almost completely ineffective by using the Flak Jacket perk. I haven't tested all of the weapons, yet. But I'm really liking the Scar assault rifle in this game.

From what I gather, most people who dislike this game tend to be campers or Call of Duty sceptics/Battlefield players. I can see some of the reasons why Black Ops 2 can be frustrating to some players, but overall, I think Treyarch did a decent job of reinventing the series to a certain extent, without updating to a new game engine - which probably won't happen on consoles for this generation. Don't get me wrong, though.. I'm not a huge fan of this game or anything, I just think that some of the criticism is completely uncalled for. Like I said before, I will thoroughly enjoy playing this game online, once they fix the lag and hit detection issues that have been occurring since the launch. And they most likely will. Black Ops 1 initially had the same problems, and they fixed it then.

Youtube comment on a Black Ops 2 video:

"Add too much and the players will complain, add too little and the players will complain. I sure don't envy the devs of this game".

In the case of Black Ops 2, I think they added too many things that the casual player doesn't like or isn't used to. And at the same time, they added too little in terms of updating the game engine.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:00 am

RED wrote:Couple of days in and I still haven't changed my mind about it. I do however love Zombie mode, always have.

Tranzit is still a bit tough for us. Me, my bro and a 2 of my mates are struggling to get past round 8 so far. I know, pathetic :facepalm: lol. But we keep getting split up whenever the bus comes around and only 2 could get on while the other(s) are somewhere cornered by zombies or what not.

I've been watching some YT vids to get some tips, hopefully that'll help for tonight's session. Cool

edit: @ Mole. It's not so much change in itself, it's when devs make drastic changes and change what was such a great formula or a formula that worked. COD these days seems to cater to beginners rather than harcore fans or fps gamers. BO2, honestly it's the first COD that I didn't feel right off the bat. It just doesn't feel right (I'm talking about Multiplayer of course). Can't be arsed to play campaign. ATM I'm just playing Zombies mode....or a lil multiplayer if my friends are playing, so I just join in.

Black Ops 2 caters to beginners? It's the contrary, in my opinion. UAVs and grenades are really powerful tools in this game, and it's generally hard for campers to get consistent kills. Perks and weapon attachments that are beneficial to passive players have intentionally been given higher level requirements. The "anti-UAV" perk, Ghost requires you to be in movement, in order to have any effect. Sniper rifles have been nerfed with significantly increased zoom-in times, weapon sway and whatnot. If anything, this is the hardest CoD to date.

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:01 am

The weapons just do not feel right and the customization of them is all over the place. Hit detection is still an issue that Treyarch seem to struggle with. You have to literally waste a clip sometimes to drop an opponent, or sometimes you get killed by being hit with (in what seems to be) 2 shots, or in worse case scenarios, one shot.

ps, it got nothing to do with being a casual gamer or being a camper, personally speaking. I'm a run and gunner who has a decent KD 1.30 in mw3 and B ops 1. The multi player has dissappointed me so far.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:16 am

RED wrote:The weapons just do not feel right and the customization of them is all over the place. Hit detection is still an issue that Treyarch seem to struggle with. You have to literally waste a clip sometimes to drop an opponent, or sometimes you get killed by being hit with (in what seems to be) 2 shots, or in worse case scenarios, one shot.

I know. The hit detection issues is the main reason why I don't feel tempted to play online until they sort it out. It doesn't matter how much of a pre-emptive advantage I have, as long as I have to empty 2 magazines in my opponent in order to kill him, and he can get a headshot on me by grazing my pinky-toe with a single bullet of his pistol. Anyway, my point is that if the game didn't have lag and hit detection issues (which they more likely than not will fix), I would probably enjoy playing this game online, because it really feels like a different game compared to Black Ops 1 and the MW-games. When people asked for change, I didn't realize that audio and graphics mattered so much.

Treyarch added new sound effects, visual effects and whatnot, and people seem to have mixed feelings about those.. so.. maybe Infinity Ward really are brilliant in the sense that they always manage to keep their consumers relatively happy by playing it safe Razz

This is coming from someone who has always preferred Infinity Ward over Treyarch, by the way. If we're unhappy with their minor changes, then do we want them to make major ones?

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next