+5
johniet
Arquitecto
shamr9pato
Dante
Ganso
9 posters

Go down

Milan-Cagliari pre/post match discussion Empty Milan-Cagliari pre/post match discussion

Post by Ganso Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Milan-Cagliari pre/post match discussion C072a70f
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Milan-Cagliari pre/post match discussion Empty Re: Milan-Cagliari pre/post match discussion

Post by Dante Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:21 pm

you know , i am bit worried about how Max treats the players..

Emanuelson is often on & off , so he can't establish himself in a position
El Shaarawy must learn how to fly to get to start in the league
Same old midfield-Battlefield 3 again..though if it works , why try fix it Rolling Eyes

From day 1 i was a fan of Max and i am still , but he isn't flexible, not at all.

For example , he could have played Seedorf instead of Ambrosini and start El Shaarawy as TQ . That would give us more attacking edge and certainly more options to get forward. I get why he is not doing it , but i would like some risk from time to time.

We play Cagliari in San Siro , we should risk a little ..

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Milan-Cagliari pre/post match discussion Empty Re: Milan-Cagliari pre/post match discussion

Post by shamr9pato Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:47 pm

i dont think this is the official formation
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:59 pm

I really don't get where all this inflexibility talk comes from considering Allegri has played 2 formations this season despite the myth that we only play 4312.

No one remembers the times we played the 4-2-1-2 diamond?

Also consider how Allegri switched from his favored 4-3-3 used at Cagliari since it wasn't working with Milan.

4312 is used to provide sufficient cover for the backline along with the fact that our midfield is too slow to be in the advanced position other and more modern formations require. Its used for possession and to overlapping/link-up play for the wingbacks more efficiently.

Plus, formation isn't the only tactic as many finer and more intricate details are consistently rearranged within a system in which Allegri has done in fact.

OT: I hope not to see Ambro despite his good role of distribution against Novara, . I rather see Seedorf as TQ, Urby as LB, and SES starting.

All in good time though.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:00 pm

shamr9pato wrote:i dont think this is the official formation

indeed , it's not . But it tends to be 99% true most of the time.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:05 pm

i hope we see mesgoat play tonight as well
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:12 pm

the only thing about that lineup that could be off is the LB position,which i think is right
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:14 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I really don't get where all this inflexibility talk comes from considering Allegri has played 2 formations this season despite the myth that we only play 4312.

No one remembers the times we played the 4-2-1-2 diamond?

Also consider how Allegri switched from his favored 4-3-3 used at Cagliari since it wasn't working with Milan.

4312 is used to provide sufficient cover for the backline along with the fact that our midfield is too slow to be in the advanced position other and more modern formations require. Its used for possession and to overlapping/link-up play for the wingbacks more efficiently.

Plus, formation isn't the only tactic as many finer and more intricate details are consistently rearranged within a system in which Allegri has done in fact.

OT: I hope not to see Ambro despite his good role of distribution against Novara, . I rather see Seedorf as TQ, Urby as LB, and SES starting.

All in good time though.

well said , even though i never questioned how or if his tactics work.

You say he is flexible , but the diamond formation compared to the current one , doesn't change our play that much . It just allows more stability in the centre and less play on the wings.

Don't get me wrong , i like how he fields the team and how we play , but from time to time , we should risk a bit.

Ancelotti did that , sometimes it work , sometimes it didn't .. point is , we played some games against ,let's say Sampdoria or Siena , and we got great results .

This is a kind of game that can be used to risk an attack or two more .
that's all i am saying
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:27 pm

smoking Ibrahimovic is world class
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:46 pm

ibra-swedish-elf-samurai :bow: awesome freekick, and assist. nocerino awesome :bow: mexes-french-elf nesta-the-crafty-veteran godbate mesbah :bow:

everyone did well... so happy that our available players are doing so well when first team players r out!!! this is just so good to see !!! cant be happier!
and scored goals too our milan is highest scoring team.. i hope we break that 80 goal plus since 2006.

good game guys... !! milan is doing just very well thanks to allegri and players..

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Loving the new username Regisland/Ganso/Nes-T33
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:01 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Loving the new username Regisland/Ganso/Nes-T33

Nes-T33 sounds so evil !! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:06 pm

does anyone agree we should be keeping Van Bommel for another year??/ personally i think he is world class consistent player, and he is athetically as good as Zanetti and his fitness wont slow down even after 2-3 years. i mean he proved this by playing top level quality football for both bayern us, and for netherlands.

i think we should keep him.. what a player man.... clean, neat passes, battles for every ball, keeps our midfield calm and composed... we should keep him.. do u agree??

Jesp ratings: Abbiati 6, Abate 6.5, Nesta 7.5, Mesbah 7, Emmanuelson 6.5, Van Bommel 7.5, Nocerino 7, Ibra 8.5, Robinho 6.5, Seedorf 6, El Sharawwy 6, Ambrosini 7.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:30 am

nesta and silva :bow:

great game from us,but i thought robinho and seedorf were really burned out,they need some rest before arsenal.Ibra,what can i say,best striker in the world.Mexes was a bit sloppy in the back imo,nesta did great.Emanuelson was invisible for most of the match.Nocerino is no Xavi but he does his job in great manner.MVB with another great performance.Mesbah?i hope Allegri realizes he is starting quality

Abbiati 6, Abate 6.0, Mexes 6.0,Nesta 7.0, Mesbah 7, Emmanuelson 6.0, Van Bommel 7.0, Nocerino 7.5, Ibra 8.5, Robinho 6.5, Seedorf 6, El Sharawwy 6, Ambrosini 7.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:51 am

JespSwe wrote:does anyone agree we should be keeping Van Bommel for another year??/ personally i think he is world class consistent player, and he is athetically as good as Zanetti and his fitness wont slow down even after 2-3 years. i mean he proved this by playing top level quality football for both bayern us, and for netherlands.

i think we should keep him.. what a player man.... clean, neat passes, battles for every ball, keeps our midfield calm and composed... we should keep him.. do u agree??

Jesp ratings: Abbiati 6, Abate 6.5, Nesta 7.5, Mesbah 7, Emmanuelson 6.5, Van Bommel 7.5, Nocerino 7, Ibra 8.5, Robinho 6.5, Seedorf 6, El Sharawwy 6, Ambrosini 7.

I would agree. I was initially worried about MVB being our midfield anchor this year. His form for the first half of the season did nothing to change my opinion as he was playing well below his standards from last year. However, ever since the new year he's been back to his best. An absolute beast in the middle of the park.

Other thoughts on the game: Ibra was fantastic, Nesta was once again an example for defenders everywhere, Mesbah deserves to play ahead of any of our left backs, Noc can't stop scoring, and Urby is not nearly as bad as many ppl make him out to be. He's not a trequartista and he isn't starting material, but he's a valuable utility player with speed and close ball control.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:46 am

who would have thought at the start of the season that Nocerino would have been our second top scorer at more than half the season??? I loved signing him, but didn't expect this.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:17 am

Let's hope that we can maintain this form in the champions league. with all the injuries we are having, i'm surprised that we are winning games convincingly still.

Most of our team had really great games against Cagliari.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum