Babun
Sushi Master
rwo power
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bayern Defense Stats - Page 2 Empty Re: Bayern Defense Stats

Post by The Messiah Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:08 pm

Badstuber put in a convincing performance yesterday, obviously like I said before he needs another fast CB to feed on him.

Even Van Buyten played better when he plays alongside Boateng, In any case I was impress with what I saw yesterday, I dont really care about the stats I rather just judge players base on what I see.

I will give Badstuber another chance to prove his worth playing alongside Boateng.

Also I'm beginning to feel with the new regulation(system) of giving absolute preference to Germany players with no justifiable reason to do so, may be more of a detriment to the club than a benefit on a long run, many top foreign players will start refusing to come to Bayern, say for example it's dump to play.

----------Schweini--Kroos-----------
------------------Muller----------------

When you have Tymo and Gustavo, especially since Muller is off form.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 5 times in total

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Maybe Hummels' is lower because he tries many long range passes due to his great passing skills? Obviously, they don't all turn out well, but I'm pretty sure he can short pass very well if ordered to.

Badstuber can touch the ball 7 times before passing it, dwell so much time on the ball and only give short easy passings, ineffective passings.

But he played fairly good yesterday defensively but I dont care about his pass rate, I just want to see him do his primary duty and defend.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Badstuber put in a convincing performance yesterday, obviously like I said before he needs another fast CB to feed on him.

Even Van Buyten played better when he plays alongside Boateng, In any case I was impress with what I saw yesterday, I dont really care about the stats I rather just judge players base on what I see.

I will give Badstuber another chance to prove his worth playing alongside Boateng.

Also I'm beginning to feel with the new regulation(system) of giving absolute preference to Germany players with no justifiable reason to do so, may be more of a detriment to the club than a benefit on a long run, many top foreign players will start refusing to come to Bayern, say for example it's dump to play.

You're right that Kroos should play instead of Müller Very Happy Müller is needed for Euros and Kroos is the top creator in Bayern with 2.3 final balls per game in average eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Kamina wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Badstuber put in a convincing performance yesterday, obviously like I said before he needs another fast CB to feed on him.

You're right that Kroos should play instead of Müller Very Happy Müller is needed for Euros and Kroos is the top creator in Bayern with 2.3 final balls per game in average eco smile

I don't mind if Muller is on top form he can play ahead of Kroos or Kroos can play ahead of Muller. (Rotation)

Gustavo and Tymo are also quality players who deserve to play, now they have to sit on the bench. Doesn't make sense to me since they are the only Natural defensive Midfielders in Bayern.

Schweini isn't even a Natural DM none Kroos.

Against a strong team, we'll get chopped and screwed all over, just like what BMG did to us last time When Tymo was taken of.

If anything Muller should be on the bench because of his bad form.

Muller, Kroos rotation.

Gustavo, Tymo Rotation.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:33 am

Sushi Master wrote:Maybe Hummels' is lower because he tries many long range passes due to his great passing skills? Obviously, they don't all turn out well, but I'm pretty sure he can short pass very well if ordered to.
According to whoscored.com, the number of successful long passes is 6.4 per game for Hummels and 8.8 per game for Badstuber. So even in this area Badstuber seems to be better if you look at the data and not just visual impression.

BTW, they have the interception rates, too - there we have 1.9 interceptions per game for Hummels and 2.8 per game for Badstuber.

Source: http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/81/Tournaments/3/Seasons/2949/Stages/5492/PlayerStatistics/Germany-Bundesliga-2011-2012
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:12 am

Interception wise they aren't very impressive. Now Höwedes, holy shit.

Probably because of his slow pace, most of his balls are won by positioning alone.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:08 am

BTW, from comparing the numbers in whoscored and the German site, I wonder whether "won tackle" and "gewonnener Zweikampf" (literally "won duel") is actually the same, as the numbers for tackles and Zweikämpfe are very different. Maybe the German term is actually used to incorporate tackles, interceptions, won dribblings etc. The problem is that the dictionary gives only the translation tackle/Zweikampf in that context.

BTW, the best "interceptors" in general seem to play at Schalke (Matip/4.7, Höwedes/4.5, Holtby/3.9, Papadopoulus/3.8 ) and BMG (Stranzl/4.5, Neustädter), taking up 6 places of the first 8.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:15 am

Yes Bayerns defense sucks :lucas: .

From the home page all you see is Bayern defense s..., i falsely assumed it was bayern defense sucks :vagi: .

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 am

I Have Mono wrote:Yes Bayerns defense sucks :lucas: .

From the home page all you see is Bayern defense s..., i falsely assumed it was bayern defense sucks :vagi: .
I'm not fully sure what you want to tell me (or others) with your post. Care to back it up with arguments and/or numbers?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:49 am

Your title from the home page is deciving is what I was trying to say. I have no stats to back up the statement that bayern defense sucks, but based on my personal opinion bayern munich has world class players at GK,LB or RB(whichever side Lahm decides to play on) CM,2nd CM/DM RW, LW, CAM, ST.
Bayern has a WC GK MID and ST and shit defense.
Boateng is a joke, rafinwho ? i cant even spell his whole name, the rest of your defenders ive never even heard of besides bruno and thats only because he was in Jail.
Your team needs to reinforce your defense before robben is over the hill so you can actually win a meaningful trophey.

Thats all i was trying to say, sorry for not being clear.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:15 am

Well, if you never heard of them, you might want to watch a little more of the Bundesliga. ^^ That you likely never heard of ter Stegen or Leno either (okay, not Bayern, but great young players nonetheless) doesn't make them worse players - it just shows you are not sufficiently informed.

And why is the title misleading? I usually see to it that I dig out the hard facts as personal impressions can be misleading IMO. BTW, Bayern is not "my team". I just happen to know a little about the Bundesliga in general. Razz

Oh, and the match against M'gladbach two weeks ago was a collective failure of the whole Bayern team. Just blaming the defense there would be a bit superficial. You might have taken a look at some more general positional problems that were caused by not applying enough pressure in CM already.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:49 am

Fair points you make as I do get the Bundisliga but German names are hard to announce thus I don't watch it.
Your picture is of Neuer so I have been deceived again, but than again you are German so I made the assumption you liked him because of bayern and not because of the national team.
As for bor motinblahblahblah better defenders or not playing defenders out of position might have lessened the score and kept bayern in it just off of their pure skill alone.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 am

LOL - little tip: Write "BMG" instead of "Borussia Mönchengladbach". That might be easier on you as non-German speaker Very Happy

About the avatar - well, I liked Neuer since his Schalke 04 time (you might look up the German goalkeeper appreciation thread in the Bundesliga section for some really cool German GK videos, btw), and I'm generally a big fan of certain goalies. Bayern usually just happened to have the best around (most of the time, that is).

Well, I think Bayern's defenders are not as bad as many fans seem to think. The problem is that Boateng is better as CB and they need either a proper RB (Rafinha wasn't as good anymore as he was two years ago when he still played for Schalke, unfortunately) or a good LB (then putting Lahm back as RB, where he actually might work out better anyway).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Well I'm a bad fan cause I think bayerns defenders as a whole are shit and a joke at that. After lahm boateng is their best defender and that says a lot, he is pretty solid all around and better than every other one of bayerns CBs but not great. When I was referring to boateng being a joke it was because he's played rb most of the season. Playing defenders out of position also referred to him.

As for lahm switching sides it really depends on whether it's easier for bayern to get a great lb or great rb.

In reality bayern are only 2 great defenders away from being the best team in Europe/world.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:22 pm

There are literally no good LBs available. Look at Milan who had to go after this unproven guy. RB's a slighty more common. Yes, there was Coentrao, and yes, he's pretty good, but in no sane universe is he worth 30m.

So I can understand Lahm's switch, plus you cannot neglect how Ribéry has shined because of it. He was already good with Pranjic, Contento or whatever behind him, but with Lahm there it takes him to another level. Lahm just needs to focus and not neglect defensive duties so much. It's the reason Badstuber gets a lot of stick, he has to fill in the holes Lahm leaves.

Badstuber ain't that bad... he's just still young and developing. Give him time. I feel the Boatstuber combination will do wonders since they compliment each other nicely. Oh, and have Rafinha back in form.

Cannot see how you call a defense completely shit when we were a few games from beating the overall cleansheet record...
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:17 am

As far as I am concerned Rafinha is playing very well, he hasn't be playing much so why is every expecting so much from him.

He always comes in as a substitutes, manager hasn't placed enough faith in him, so he can form a good partnership with Robben.

I agree we are probably 2 defenders away from being the best team in Europe .
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:32 am

I Have Mono wrote:Well I'm a bad fan cause I think bayerns defenders as a whole are shit and a joke at that. After lahm boateng is their best defender and that says a lot, he is pretty solid all around and better than every other one of bayerns CBs but not great.
Out of curiousity, why do you think that Jérôme Boateng is Bayern's best defender after Philipp Lahm?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Because he's young and has experience for both big clubs and county. Van buton or whatever is old and slow constantly caught out of position. As for badstuber he can barely trap and is also slow. At least Jerome can do the basics and is solid all around, it doesn't really matter if he couldn't beat out drug taking kolo or *bleep* up haircut lescott for the 2cb spot at city he's still bayerns best cb.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:57 pm

I Have Mono wrote:Because he's young and has experience for both big clubs and county. Van buton or whatever is old and slow constantly caught out of position. As for badstuber he can barely trap and is also slow. At least Jerome can do the basics and is solid all around, it doesn't really matter if he couldn't beat out drug taking kolo or *bleep* up haircut lescott for the 2cb spot at city he's still bayerns best cb.

Do you realise Van Buyten is ahead of Kompany in Belgian national team, I agree Van Buyten is slow and made a lot of mistake in the past 2 season but he's our best CB.

Although I concede that Boateng is our most talented CB, big tall, strong, fast and can tackle.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:Because he's young and has experience for both big clubs and county. Van buton or whatever is old and slow constantly caught out of position. As for badstuber he can barely trap and is also slow. At least Jerome can do the basics and is solid all around, it doesn't really matter if he couldn't beat out drug taking kolo or *bleep* up haircut lescott for the 2cb spot at city he's still bayerns best cb.

Do you realise Van Buyten is ahead of Kompany in Belgian national team, I agree Van Buyten is slow and made a lot of mistake in the past 21 season but he's our best CB.

Although I concede that Boateng is our most talented CB, big tall, strong, fast and can tackle.

He's ahead of Kompany in the national team ? Didn't Kompany take the captaincy of the belgian NT from Vermalen because of Vermalen always being injuried ? I'm pretty sure that means Kompany is ahead of van buyton when Vermalens healthy he'll be paired with Kompany before van Buyton.

I honestly feel boateng is your best cb but your dumb coach plays him out of position because your board would rather buy the German nt than a RB

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:16 am

As there were already certain people trying to blame Badstuber for the goal in the HSV match, I thought I'd better step in right away...

I saw the scene now, and it was most certainly not Badstuber's fault. If you need a scapegoat for this goal, look at Boateng for messing up the initial clearance or Lahm being totally out of position (he was somewhere in the middle, leaving his side (where Sala stood totally free for the shot) completely unguarded.

BTW, for the German speakers - the SZ did a fun critique of each player here: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fc-bayern-in-der-einzelkritik-ivica-der-eisheilige-1.1275635

Overview: http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fc-bayern-in-der-einzelkritik-ivica-der-eisheilige-1.1275635-14

Here's my translation of the SZ comments about the defenders:

Tymo: "He's a renowned temporary center back in Munich. So it was somewhat surprising that coach Jupp Heynckes played the Ukrainian on the right side this time. He often ran after Marcell Jansen, a fact that seemingly surprised Jupp Heynckes. Thus he was already allowed to leave the pitch after one hour. He was replaced by David Alaba."
("Ist in München ein anerkannter Aushilfsinnenverteidiger. Da überraschte es schon, dass Trainer Jupp Heynckes den Ukrainer diesmal auf der rechten Seite aufbot. Lief gegen Marcell Jansen oft hinterher, was wiederum Heynckes überraschte. Durfte deshalb schon nach einer Stunde vom Platz. Für ihn kam David Alaba.")

Boateng: "He began the match at his old workplace slightly over-motivatedly. In the first minute, he already dared to do one of his infamous Boateng chaos-sliding-tackles - in his own penalty box even. Fortunately, he did not only hit Dennis Aogo, but with some luck the ball as well. Then he caused the 0:1 when he failed to head a high ball by Hamburg not out of the penalty box, but right at the own penalty spot. Not really a good work day for Boateng."
("Begann die Partie bei seinem alten Arbeitgeber ganz leicht übermotiviert. Wagte bereits in der ersten Spielminute eine berüchtigte Boatengsche Chaosgrätsche - und zwar im eigenen Strafraum. Traf jedoch nicht nur Dennis Aogo, sondern mit Glück auch den Ball. Verschuldete dann das 0:1 als er einen hohen Hamburger Ball nicht aus dem Strafraum köpfte - sondern zum eigenen Elfmeterpunkt. Kein wirklich gelungener Arbeitstag für Boateng.")

Badstuber: "Was occupied with dealing with the HSV defenders, obviously. Was additionally occupied dealing with his defense colleagues, whether they were called Tymoshchuk, Boateng or Lahm, as they all didn't have their best day today. He played convincingly/perfectly, but had no chance to prevent the HSV goal."
("War mit den Hamburger Angreifern beschäftigt, natürlich. War jedoch auch mit seinen Abwehrkollegen beschäftigt, ob diese nun Timoschtschuk, Boateng oder Lahm hießen, die allesamt nicht ihren besten Tag erwischten. Trat dafür souverän auf, konnte den Gegentreffer jedoch auch nicht verhindern.")

Lahm: "Looked pretty bad in the actions that led to the 0:1. Moved up much too far into the middle to make up for Boateng's mistake, but then the ball went to Jacopo Sala who could score completely unchallenged from Lahm's side. Was relocated to the left side of the defense after Alaba was subbed in - like in the time of Louis Van Gaal. Nonetheless, he refrained from giving an exhaustive interview for a Munich tabloid after the match."
("Sah vor dem 0:1 ziemlich schlecht aus. War honorig weit in die Mitte gerückt, um Boatengs Fehler auszubügeln; der Ball kam jedoch zu Jacopo Sala, der über Lahms Seite völlig unbedrängt einschießen konnte. Wurde nach Alabas Einwechslung auf die links Abwehrseite versetzt - wie damals unter Louis van Gaal. Gab nach dem Spiel trotzdem kein großes Interview in einer Münchner Tageszeitung.")

rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 am

"So schön wie Thomas Müller ärgert sich nur Thomas Müller" - what a neat little sentence. I liked it.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:54 am

LOL, yeah. I saw that too. But he did look annoyed when he beat his fist on the poor grass!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2