Ganso
leemhuis
The Verminator
RED
Blackmore.
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pele at it again... - Page 4 Empty Re: Pele at it again...

Post by shamr9pato Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:37 pm

pele and messi are lucky that they dont have to face world class defenders everyday and thus are little over rated.. how every players like maradona, ronaldo and pele were in the age of defenders and are thoroughly deserving of their hight praise

shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Vapotrini wrote:Please tell me about my own short comings. Because watching you defend Messi is just about as funny as what you're probably going to say next.

An attacker scoring more than a midfielder, who'd have thunk that???

Geez, you really have me glued to my chair with your deep, tactical, thought provoking analysis.

(Seems I'm not the only one who isn't aware of his shortcomings. (PRO TIP: Don't comment on players you know f*ckall about. Sorry, 5 games aren't enough.)

I dont really need to tell you anything, I mean, your attitude regarding this subject is shocking to me and as I already said, you got the same problem Pele has. Your sarcastic and chippy attitude is really entertaining (to you I assume) but im not intrested in going back and forth with you with it when really.

I am pretty self confident in my ability to judge games/players and im comfortable with that, your crusade to save the honour of Maradona leaves me with the impression your not the poster I first thought you were.

As I said, you keep going with your fantasy. Your so in love with it your aint even reading straight.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:40 pm

it takes someone who's seen all of these players to really know. i've read about many journalists, coaches, and players who saw pelé play manymany times that he was the best ever. maradona himself, before moving to barca and so on, said there would never be anyone like pelé.

however, the next generation of players, coaches, journalists, etc, who never saw pelé play ever or on a regular basis, claim maradona was the best, using that old "he went to europe" argument and so on.

so, it might be that the older journalists were too mermerized and thus biased about pelé to admit maradona was better when he came along, or that the younger ones just didnt really watch pelé and cant give an opinion on this.. my point is, it's all too subjective. they were great players of their respective times..

however, the fact remains that pelé is a retard who's always afraid someone will be stealing his crown. once again, i throw romário quote "Pelé, quiet, is a poet"
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 am

Gerry Armstrong (on Messi) - "I know what it's like to score against Barcelona, but end up losing 4-1. My first goal in Spanish league was against Barcelona. Unfortunately a certain Diego Maradona was in the side for Barcelona and he just took control and they beat us 4-1.

Look at this little man, well, I think he's better than Maradona, I think he better than anybody I've ever seen."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:44 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2012/04/10/3026536/pele-brazil-have-not-won-olympic-gold-because-i-never-played

Pele: Brazil have not won Olympic gold because I never played

The outspoken icon believes he is responsible for his country's failure to secure the accolade due to being restricted from the competition during his professional career.

Pele has declared that Brazil have never won the gold medal at the Olympic Games because he was never offered the chance to participate.

The 71-year-old was in a light-hearted mood at a press conference ahead of the centenary date of his former club Santos.

"Our best players are in this age bracket, it is a medal that Brazil needs to have," Pele told reporters at the Vila Belmiro.

"Do you know why we do not have a gold medal? When I started playing I was 16. When we started, professionals could not play in the Olympics.

"Brazil have never won an Olympics because I never played."

With no such restrictions in place now Santos duo Neymar and Ganso are almost certain to participate in London this year.

Pele is not humble and respectful.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Apparently Pele also said that all that is left for Messi is to become better than Neymar :facepalm:

The article is on Spanish though

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4