The Franchise
dmize
Raptorgunner
Chad
Le Samourai
22 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:00 am

Would of been killer. But I understood the logic for Oden, centers of his ilk dont come around very often.

If he stays on the court, im convinced he would of been the best defensive center in the league. At least once he figured out how to foul less.

Portland took bad care of him though, as much as he was plauged (one leg shorter then the other) to begin with. How did they let him put on that much muscle when injured..his knee couldnt take the weight it was already at for god sake.

Last edited by The Franchise on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:01 am

Yep, same for Bynum too. Forgot his knee issues.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:03 am

I actually defend them for that take tho.

Oden was a beast at Ohio.....he ran the court like Howard same size stregth etc.He's not one of those guys like Bynum who you see there's obviously gonna be problems there.

I dunno if they should've done bone density tests.....I dunno if anyone would've though about that back then.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:06 am

Oden is actually bigger then Howard.

But yeah.

At the time I think the majority of people were saying Oden, at least 80% of people.

Cant really blame the Blazers. Its not over for Oden, but if he ever even can stay on the court, he wont be what he was going to be.

Needs to get his ass to Phoenix to have any hope of a career. If they can fix Grant Hill, you at least have a chance.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:07 am

ragbirjosh wrote:I actually defend them for that take tho.

Oden was a beast at Ohio.....he ran the court like Howard same size stregth etc.He's not one of those guys like Bynum who you see there's obviously gonna be problems there.

I dunno if they should've done bone density tests.....I dunno if anyone would've though about that back then.

Yeah, it's easy to look back and say they should've got Durant. Personally I would've taken Oden too, just because like Dani said big men that skilled don't come around that often. Portland also should've taken Jordan instead of Sam Bowie(lol!).
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:10 am

@Dmzie... I actually rate Melo #1 ahead of Kobe.

Ofc I rate Kobe ahead of Allen.

I'm actually one of the guys who think's that Melo is underrated in this leauge lol....I think he's better than lebron....but that's a different debate that usually goes nowhere.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:17 am

The problem with rating clutch is, what exactly is it and 2nd, how much do you take past into consideration.

I mean, in terms of game winning, game tying shots..nobody, maybe not even Jordan, has done what Kobe has done.

But if we are consider how many times he turned it over before making something happen, or missed a shot which wasnt game winning but the shot before that and these other "clutch" type things then other guys have done better.

For me, my only real perception of it is, game winning or game tying shots. The Fisher vs San Antonio, Horry vs the Kings..those kinds of shots, there is nobody I want with the ball more then Mamba.

Melo-Bron? Melo has the talent to be comparable to him..he without a doubt a more diverse scorer, better in the clutch...but as a passer and defender..not in Bron's league soley because he dont put the effort in.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:25 am

Yep.....that's my thing......I pretty much don't care since I know he has it in him....

Passer..Lebron is better...I don't doubt it although i usually argue not by much.

Rebounder....when he needs to be Melo by a huge margain.

Defence......I call it a was on ability and an advantage for Lebron in effort.

Yea....I've said that before.....I don't trust Kobe to close out a lead.....sometime he just tries to do it by himself.But to take one shot to win a game...no way...he's the best by a wide margain.

Scoring....Melo.

I usually get flamed from my teammates....who quote some stats PER etc but if you watch the playoffs on a consistent basis it's pretty obvious to me who's better.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:40 am

The Franchise wrote:The problem with rating clutch is, what exactly is it and 2nd, how much do you take past into consideration.

To me it's 1min or less, a game-tying or game-winning/game leading shot. I wish I could find this site I saw a few weeks back that had the updated stats, but what I can say that's a fact, is that Kobe has missed more game winning shots than any player this era. While he hits some memorable game winners, he also misses a ton. And tbh, I can't remember the last game winner Kobe has had? 2010? Ray Allen shoots it a much higher percentage(about 40%, Kobe's around 25%). Men lie, Women lie, numbers don't lie. Yes, Melo is underrated as well.

For me, if I need a 3 to tie or win, I'm taking Ray, all day, every day. If I need a 2, yeah I'll take Kobe.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:55 am

Ah, here we go. Found updated stats from ESPN.

ESPN Stats & Information's Alok Pattani dug through 15 years of NBA data (see table below) -- Bryant's entire career, regular season and playoffs -- and found that Bryant has attempted 115 shots in the final 24 seconds of a game in which the Lakers were tied or trailed by two or fewer points. He connected on 36, and missed 79 times.

chart: https://i.imgur.com/wkpuo.png
2nd part: https://i.imgur.com/fvFyf.png

I'd disregard anyone with less than 20 at this point. Melo leads. Dirk, Ray up there. LeBron is surprising, but none of them have come recently. Last big shot I remember he had was with Cleveland that top of the key GW 3
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:36 am

I think, right now, this is my 2012 USA Olympic team:

PG-CP3
SG-Kobe
SF-Durant
PF-LeBron
C-Dwight

Bench:
D.Rose
D.Williams
D.Wade
R.Allen(homer pick, but he would help tremendously w/ the zone D USA will certainly face
C.Anthony
B.Griffin
K.Love
A.Bynum

ridiculous team Twisted Evil
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:12 am

Kobe game winners. Mama, There Goes That Man!

As for Mike D’Antoni, his seat continues to heat up as he trudges through the final year of a $45 million contract, with fans and media turning on him almost daily.
But, hey, cheer up Knick fans. As ‘Melo said, things can’t possibly get any worse. Right?
:lol!:
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:15 am

I wouldn't have expected that from Marion lol.

You Know......I'll repeat again.....Melo is underrated....simply because of how much everyone goes on about Lebron and disregards him.Never understood it really.....a different result in a high school game and it could've been different honestly.

Your team..

DWill out....Rondo in.

Melo starting Very Happy instead of Lebron/Durant....and I think it's pretty inevitable that Bosh gets to travel.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:05 am

I'm getting pissed here.....the Heat game went into overtime and no one is carrying the LA game Mad
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:14 am

Well, Rondo currently is probably playing better than Deron but I don't know if he gets taken over him.

And do you get TNT? Both games were on there tonight.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:11 am

Na I don't get TNT I watch most NBA online.....anyway.

Portland murdered us in transition........murdered........

Crash is a great player I don't know why no one moved for him while they were looking to ship him.

Most people had a good game TBH....Bynum,Gasol,Kobe, Blake,......they just had a better game.

La Marcaus Aldridge is class....I think he's an all star this year.....don't know what position but it's possible.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:38 pm

just a warning before anyone panics, the thread will be automatically locked after 60 pages i think and a new one will be created, automatically.

Dont blame us, its just what it is
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Well im not surprised Kobe has missed more then he made, Jordan did too.

Again, I understand the logic for Allen and I wouldnt argue too much with the choice. But again, it comes down to creation.

Allen has isnt the guy you give it to, clear out and let him hit the shot. Pierce would have it in his hands or Rondo and a play would work out and he end up having it coming off a screen or a pin down or something of that ilk. Its a little different to Kobe, who draws the most defensive attention in those situations.

As for the olympic team, I wouldnt take Rondo over Williams. Better or not.

No jumpshot is like the death of you in international play.

I would also try and start Melo, he is consistently the best player imo in International play.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:45 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well im not surprised Kobe has missed more then he made, Jordan did too.

Again, I understand the logic for Allen and I wouldnt argue too much with the choice. But again, it comes down to creation.

Allen has isnt the guy you give it to, clear out and let him hit the shot. Pierce would have it in his hands or Rondo and a play would work out and he end up having it coming off a screen or a pin down or something of that ilk. Its a little different to Kobe, who draws the most defensive attention in those situations.

As for the olympic team, I wouldnt take Rondo over Williams. Better or not.

No jumpshot is like the death of you in international play.

I would also try and start Melo, he is consistently the best player imo in International play.

Rubio :dance:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Rubio can shoot. 60% from 3 this season.

Also, Spain have better set jump shooters then USA to make up for one guy with limited range.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:12 pm

The Franchise wrote:

You can make the argument for Melo over Durant, but Melo wasn't that great in '08(didn't play in 10). I remember him struggling with his shot quite a bit actually. Whereas Durant averaged 22.8 in FIBA WC, including 33.0 in his last 3 games. Obviously he had to take the scoring load so those numbers are inflated but he's been great internationally.

You gotta pick 2/3 of Bron, Durant, Melo. Someones gunna have to come off the bench. But if you ask me, after what Durant did in '08 he's earned a starting spot. JMO
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Durant and Melo were in different situations.

The team was clearly Durant's , Melo was just a piece
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:26 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Durant and Melo were in different situations.

The team was clearly Durant's , Melo was just a piece

Yeah, and I pointed that out.

If he was just a "piece" around LeBron, Wade, Kobe... then why did he shoot one of the lowest percentages on the team in '08(might even be the lowest). You'd figure he'd cash in on open looks while the defenses in 2010 focused on Durant/Rose. Durant's better at this point.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Meh I'm biased.

I'd start Melo in front of anyone really but in such a competition where most games will be easily won...he wont play defense so it's probably better to play Lebron and Durant.

I might Actually start BG just to give the fans something to cheer about.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:36 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Meh I'm biased.

I'd start Melo in front of anyone really but in such a competition where most games will be easily won...he wont play defense so it's probably better to play Lebron and Durant.

I might Actually start BG just to give the fans something to cheer about.

It's a good problem to have for USA, I'd rather have too much quality than not enough.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:43 pm

USA should never lose a basketball....game WTH.

I'm still chcukling from how they let Arroyo and Barea beat them in 04 Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next