Nah, just kidding. Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 34 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by MJ Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:Happy birthday to my best friend <3

Thank you. You're easily my 5th best friend in the world. But don't worry, I'm rooting for you to make the top 4 come May Wink
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:08 pm

MJGunner wrote:

Thank you. You're easily my 5th best friend in the world. But don't worry, I'm rooting for you to make the top 4 come May Wink

Whose third? A spud? Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:22 pm

CJ's old bedroom..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27453474@N02/6886843393/
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm

srigooner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:

Whose third? A spud? Razz

A Spud wouldn't even be in my Premier League :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:39 pm

Rolling Eyes whatttt !LoL..............Happy Birthday MJ ..have a great one....hey mate listen to me...don't worry about arsenal-this season LOL -coz we'll reach top 4 @least !...live your life ...enjoY it to the maximum...be happy n sexy LOL that should be more important 4U imo Laughing ...CHEERSSSSS

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:59 pm

I dont get how Yaya is playing today and Wenger didn't make Gervinho play yesterday?

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:37 pm

boss wrote: Rolling Eyes whatttt !LoL..............Happy Birthday MJ ..have a great one....hey mate listen to me...don't worry about arsenal-this season LOL -coz we'll reach top 4 @least !...live your life ...enjoY it to the maximum...be happy n sexy LOL that should be more important 4U imo Laughing ...CHEERSSSSS

LMFAO. EPIC BOSS IS EPIC Heart
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Dixon told Betfair:
Everything that could go wrong in the game did and it was a really, really poor performance.

There are not a lot of positives, to be honest with you. It’ll be difficult for Arsene to pick the players up before a massive FA Cup tie at Sunderland this weekend. He’s got his work cut out.

I was surprised Oxlade-Chamberlain wasn’t starting the game. He’s been the man in form.

Yes, he’s a young lad but he’s shown he can handle the big occasions. We saw after 60-odd minutes what he can do, and he certainly asked questions of the Milan defence.

I don’t think [Arsenal] will keep a clean sheet.

Milan have got enough about them to score at the Emirates which will make the task impossible. I think it’s beyond them now.

Petit told www.sofoot.com:
I asked myself what has become of the team that I knew. It’s worse than I thought, they haven’t recovered from the departures of (Cesc) Fabregas (to Barcelona) and (Samir) Nasri (to Manchester City).

It’s a gulf which is confirmed weekend after weekend.

And what is perhaps the most worrying thing is the club won’t do anything this summer to reverse the trend.

They don’t want to go back to overspending in the transfer market, and I think they’re right. But for two seasons, the level of the team has only gone down.

The problem is that previously the club compensated for its lack of physical strength with Fabregas. With him, Arsenal were the most attractive team to watch in Europe behind Barcelona.

There, in midfield, there isn’t anything now, the defence is constantly under construction. It’s fortunate that (Robin) van Persie is up front.

Certain young players haven’t done enough to justify the confidence that Arsene has in them. Walcott – somehow he’s going to have to reach the next stage. It’s been years that he’s been at the same level.

(Aaron) Ramsey, against Milan, I got the impression it was his (twin) brother on the pitch. In the way they behave, in their body language, we see they’re not there anymore.

We shouldn’t hesitate to talk about the end of the cycle. Regardless of age, we have to look seriously at certain players. Right now.

You have to send out a strong signal. You have to say to Arshavin, and to Rosicky: ‘Gentlemen, thank you, but goodbye’. And soon.

[on whether Lille's Eden Hazard would be a suitable signing] I like him a lot but what has he done at a high level. Has he been good in the Champions League? We haven’t seen him. Has he been good for Belgium? He’s sometimes even a substitute.

What’s needed is five or six players of real stature, great experience. Players who are 27 – 30 years old at most.

Players with technical qualities, obviously, but also strong character. A group of guys who refuse to accept defeat, who inspire confidence in the rest of the team.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:10 pm

It was a real bad result yesterday in Milan. I wanted to thank you all for your support especially the once who made an extra effort to travel to Milan. The team and I really appreciate it. We now need to look forward to saturday's game against Sunderland for the FA cup. We will do everything in our power to bring the that cup home!!

---

From van Persie's Facebook. You got that right :bow: we need the FA cup.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Wenger was asked whether he felt his players had let him down. "They did not let me down, I think we let our ambitions down as a unit," he said. "You could blame and blame. We have to stick together and win the next game.
hmm hmm
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Sushi Master wrote:It was a real bad result yesterday in Milan. I wanted to thank you all for your support especially the once who made an extra effort to travel to Milan. The team and I really appreciate it. We now need to look forward to saturday's game against Sunderland for the FA cup. We will do everything in our power to bring the that cup home!!

---

RVP we love you and you are a true captain but look at the players around you they will let you down.

Is not fair to keep RVP, he should go and be with the best players in the world.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:27 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:It was a real bad result yesterday in Milan. I wanted to thank you all for your support especially the once who made an extra effort to travel to Milan. The team and I really appreciate it. We now need to look forward to saturday's game against Sunderland for the FA cup. We will do everything in our power to bring the that cup home!!

---

RVP we love you and you are a true captain but look at the players around you they will let you down.

Is not fair to RVP, we should go buy the best players in the world, starting with Podolski.
Agreed, man.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

---

Is not fair to RVP, we should go buy the best players in the world, starting with Podolski.
Agreed, man.

I see what you did there Sad , but clubs dont want to deal with Arsenal unless the player says I only want Arsenal.

Clubs dont want to get ripped off by us anymore, those days are over and Wenger still thinks its 2005.
How on earth does Nasri go for 25mill,Falcao 40 mill and we only offer Podolski 7 million? :facepalm:

We have 2 of richest owners in football and we cant go and spend we have to make them money?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 pm

I have in my extremely optimistic mind that no big player was going to leave in January, which basically happened, and all the big moves will happen in the summer. We need like 2 new key signings and several bench ones.

And of course, letting go all the dead wood.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:20 pm

We have a very critical situation on our hands.

I'm sure RVP will stay if we show ambition and CL football will help.

In order to show ambition we need to sign big names.

In order to sign big names we need CL football.

Top 4 = essential
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:50 pm

MJGunner wrote:We have a very critical situation on our hands.

I'm sure RVP will stay if we show ambition and CL football will help.

In order to show ambition we need to sign big names.

In order to sign big names we need CL football.

Top 4 = essential

Pretty much, but no one should be surprised if none of that happens. (not post-Milan kneejerk stuff)
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:26 am

Arsène Wenger unleashed a tirade at his Arsenal players on Thursday which startled some of them in its severity, as he sought to refocus minds following the club's Champions League humiliation at Milan.

The manager bolted shut the doors of the dressing room at the training ground before the squad's warm-down session to turn the air blue. Having repeatedly employed the carrot, this represented the use of a large stick and the players could not remember seeing him so incensed.

Wenger had been quiet in the dressing room at San Siro after the 4-0 last-16 first-leg defeat, which has all but pressed the club out of Europe's elite competition for another season. It was their heaviest loss in Europe. Wenger prefers to analyse matches with a cool head and not deliver assessments in the heat of the moment but, after the early-morning return to Luton airport and a little sleep, his anger had not abated.

He had given the players a taste of what was to come in his post-match press conference, when he was unusually critical of their efforts, describing the result and performance as a "disaster". "We were punished and deservedly so," he said. "I felt we were never in the game, we were very poor offensively and defensively. It was shocking to see how we were beaten everywhere."

Wenger has run the gamut of emotions during a turbulent season but the Milan reverse was too much to take. He must hope that his outpouring can galvanise the team ahead of Saturday's FA Cup fifth-round tie at Sunderland, when Arsenal's last hope of winning a first trophy since 2005 will be at stake. The priority, though, is to finish fourth in the Premier League and qualify for next season's Champions League.

Wenger is expected to be without Laurent Koscielny, after the defender injured a knee at San Siro, and Thierry Henry has said his goodbyes at the end of his loan spell from the New York Red Bulls. Wenger will make changes to his starting lineup at the Stadium of Light and he is considering whether to rest the captain, Robin van Persie.

The forward Gervinho is in line to return after the Africa Cup of Nations, where he missed the decisive penalty for Ivory Coast in their shoot-out defeat by Zambia in the final.

The mood in the Arsenal dressing room remained dark. "We're really disappointed," Mikel Arteta said. "You fight for fourth place to play in games like this. We were all waiting for a game like this, against a great team in a great stadium, but you go down 4-0 and it's a difficult one to take.

"We were counterattacked too many times, playing away from home. We can't allow that to happen, and that was the key. They scored three goals on counterattacks. It's very, very disappointing, it's difficult to take and we have to change our minds because we have another tough game on Saturday."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/16/arsene-wenger-arsenal-squad-tirade

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:27 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9087759/Arsene-Wenger-ready-to-dump-Arsenal-flops-after-San-Siro-Champions-League-humiliation.html

Arsène Wenger is considering a major summer shake-up of his failing Arsenal squad after Wednesday night’s 4-0 humiliation against AC Milan.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:35 am

at first i saw the daily fail title
then read that telegraph article
dunno if i should believe it
i think Arsha will be gone
but we will extend Rosa and Thoe's contract
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:56 am

Sina wrote:at first i saw the daily fail title
then read that telegraph article
dunno if i should believe it
i think Arsha will be gone
but we will extend Rosa and Thoe's contract

Why?

Walcott can stay if he would not mind coming off the bench.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:09 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:"Arsène Wenger unleashed a tirade at his Arsenal players on Thursday........the manager bolted shut the doors of the dressing room at the training ground"
I bet he swallowed the key as well :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:12 am

Rosicky's contract can be extended for one more year.
decent squad player.and versatile
assuming Arshavin leaves the club we are left with bunch of kids in attacking positions
Ramsey-jack is back in the mid
and wide areas just ox & Ryo
Rosa can be back up for those positions.not bad
it is not that we are going to extend him for 3-4 years(Golden Rule eh?)
Walcott has been disapointing yeah but still he has shown what he is capable of
i agree he can be used as a super sub if doesnt perform
i dont see us changing this formation
it would be good for walcott to play up top with RVP off him
in 4-4-2/4-4-1-1
with coq and jack in the middle that would work nicely Smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:57 am

Henry - This team can react the right way
By Chris Harris

Thierry Henry firmly believes that Arsène Wenger's squad have what it takes to respond to their San Siro setback.

The Frenchman completed his second spell with the Gunners on Wednesday night amid the gloom of the Club's heaviest loss in European football. Players and fans alike left Italy under a cloud following the 4-0 defeat to AC Milan and Henry felt it as much as anyone.

All the same, as he left England for the United States and a new MLS season with the New York Red Bulls, Henry issued a reminder that every team suffers lows before they can scale the heights.

"Even the generation before that won the Double in 1998 or 1971, they had some very bad moments," he told Arsenal Player. "So that is what I would like to say to the fans: do not forget that.

"It was not always nice and pretty, you have to remember that we had some times where we just wanted to go home at the end of the game. The difference is how this team can react and I think this team can do that.

"We realise it is going to be a hell of a task but who knows? The Sunderland game is just around the corner so we have to go there and win."

Arsenal's Champions League may be hanging by a thread but a top-four finish and the FA Cup are still up for grabs. And Henry insists that Arsenal need their supporters more than ever right now.

"You have to remember that you go through moments where it is not always nice," he said.

"If you are an Arsenal fan then you are an Arsenal fan, that's the way it is. Once a Gunner you are always a Gunner, you can't change.

"I can't talk for people whose families have supported Arsenal forever. But I am sure if you talk to their parents, and their parents too, they will tell you to enjoy this generation because they had some bad moments.

"I am sure the fans will understand that they have to stay with the team. We all need to be together because it's the same when the team is winning and also when you lose."

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next