Theoretical discussion: If Giovinco were to join in January; who would you be willing to sacrifice?

+4
Juventino89
7amood11
zarola
Luca
8 posters

Go down

Theoretical discussion: If Giovinco were to join in January; who would you be willing to sacrifice? Empty Theoretical discussion: If Giovinco were to join in January; who would you be willing to sacrifice?

Post by Luca Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:22 am

So, lets assume that Giovinco will join in January (this is obviously not true)

What would you do?
I would sell Krasic, Iaquinta right off the bat.
Demote Pepe to squad player status (sadly this is very improbable but I am going to give reason)
Also, Giaccherini would get less and less minutes as the space just does not exist

Formation;

Vucinic-Quagliarella
Giovinco
Marchisio-Pirlo-Vidal
Caceres-Chiellini-Barzagli-Lichtsteiner
Buffon

Or if you prefer

Vucinic-Matri
Giovinco

Vucinic-Matri-Giovinco

With Pepe;

------Giovinco-Quagliarella---
Vucinic------------------Pepe
--------Marchisio-Pirlo--------

------Vucinic-Quagliarella---
Giovinco---------------Pepe
--------Marchisio-Pirlo------

Or perhaps

Quagliarella
Vucinic-Giovinco-Pepe
Marchisio-Pirlo

So, if Giovinco joins and will be implemented instantly but it will be at the cost of either Pepe or Vidal (in my theories)

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Theoretical discussion: If Giovinco were to join in January; who would you be willing to sacrifice? Empty Re: Theoretical discussion: If Giovinco were to join in January; who would you be willing to sacrifice?

Post by zarola Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:18 am

cost of vidal.

Pepe Pirlo Marchsio LM
Giovinco
Quagliarella
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Theoretical discussion: If Giovinco were to join in January; who would you be willing to sacrifice? Empty Re: Theoretical discussion: If Giovinco were to join in January; who would you be willing to sacrifice?

Post by 7amood11 Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:22 am

Should come at the cost of Pepe.

Our midfield trio of Marchisio-Pirlo-Vidal is one of our strongest aspects of the team, I wouldn't want to break that trio. Plus, I value what Vidal has done so far very highly and I don't think we have another player that could replicate what Arturo does.

This is the way I would put it, but I'm open for the attacking trio to change around a bit:

Vucinic-Quagliarella
Giovinco
Marchisio-Pirlo-Vidal
Caceres-Chiellini-Barzagli-Lichtsteiner
Buffon
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:43 am

Never at the cost of vidal. Vidal is much more important because he is part of our strongest midfield in years. But I would bench pepe any day for giovinco
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:30 am

unfortunately Pepe plays in a different role to Giovinco so I dont see that happening.
but yes Gio >>> Pepe
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:03 pm

..... why would you bench your most consistent player this season.

Pretty much what your saying is bringing in giovico would render your 5 wingers useless... why would conte fix whats not broken. Either giovinco adapts to juventus style or he doesnt come at all because he wont fit into your system.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:06 pm

Pepe vs Gio is irrelevant.. different positions
I agree, Gio will need to adapt to system
Too many wingers to just abandon wide players and go with a 4312
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juv3holic Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:19 pm

What about the most logical solution and place him on the left of the attacking trio sacrificing Vucinic?

Giovinco Matri Pepe
Marchisio Vidal Pirlo
juv3holic
juv3holic
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/juanembadillo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Like I said in a thread before. The 4-3-1-2 would be the best option with Giovinco.

However, Conte would not do this after buying so many wingers and basing the smmer market on wingers E.G. Esti, Giac, Elia and Even Vucinic has been used wide.

Plus, I doubt he would bench Pepe right now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:31 pm

---------Vucinic----Matri----Giovinco-----
---------------------Vidal--------------
------------Marchisio----Pirlo-----
---Caceres--Chiel--Barzagli--Licht--
----------------Buffon--------
4-2-1-3 I don't want to see any1 out of this team we have its good and balanced
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:50 pm

zarola wrote:..... why would you bench your most consistent player this season.

Pretty much what your saying is bringing in giovico would render your 5 wingers useless... why would conte fix whats not broken. Either giovinco adapts to juventus style or he doesnt come at all because he wont fit into your system.

The winger system is already broken, it has never really worked.
Pepe is the only winger that starts... Vucinic is not a winger even when he plays as a winger. Matri's weaknesses have been exposed by the lack of Vucinic on the wing, with two more traditional wingers in Estigarribia/Pepe Juventus fails with Matri in the middle.

And Vidal has not really put a foot wrong apart from two blunders against Roma the man has been flawless and for me much, much more important than Pepe has been. The only thing Pepe has over Vidal is a few goals but Giovinco has already scored more goals than Pepe and for a 'lesser' team.

Another option would be to drop Vucinic but that is absurd in my opinion.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Question: Giovinco can play as a RW in a 4-3-3 right?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Yeah but he would not be a traditional RW
Really if he lined up in that position I would bet a lot that you would see him dropping back and drifting from the right into the middle giving it a 4-3-1-2 feel anyways.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down