Why in gods name does Nolan want to go to WUFC?

+3
DagenhamDave
Raptorgunner
DavidVilla92
7 posters

Go down

Why in gods name does Nolan want to go to WUFC? Empty Why in gods name does Nolan want to go to WUFC?

Post by DavidVilla92 Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:05 am

I just don't get it to be very honest with anyone, why would he give up top level football to go back down to Championship quality? Ok maybe he wanted a five year contract which would of meant he would of been there until he was 33 but isn't that every clubs dream to have player literally pledging their careers to the club?

Pardew is making a big mistake leaving him go as he was a massive influence and with him gone could that mean Barton could also be on his way?
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Why in gods name does Nolan want to go to WUFC? Empty Re: Why in gods name does Nolan want to go to WUFC?

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:12 am

I just heard the news, I am in shock, how can a player want to go to a lower division, when they worked so hard to get to EPL.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Why in gods name does Nolan want to go to WUFC? Empty Re: Why in gods name does Nolan want to go to WUFC?

Post by DagenhamDave Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:50 pm

maybe upset at the sale of caroll idk. perhaps it was the lure of playing for big sam. Westham will come up next year anyways so its only for one year
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:55 pm

DavidVilla92 wrote:I just don't get it to be very honest with anyone, why would he give up top level football to go back down to Championship quality? Ok maybe he wanted a five year contract which would of meant he would of been there until he was 33 but isn't that every clubs dream to have player literally pledging their careers to the club?

Pardew is making a big mistake leaving him go as he was a massive influence and with him gone could that mean Barton could also be on his way?

They are giving him in the contract and the pay packet he want's pure and simple.

We are not willing to give someone a 5 year contract on 50k a week who in all honesty will probably not be good enough come to latter half of that contract....

And i have said this about 6 times already Barton will not leave unless a CL club comes in.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:12 pm

his departure in lower team isnt worthless.He knows why
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:18 pm

did pardew try to stop him?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Ba moving to Newcastle

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:47 pm

english_jewel wrote:did pardew try to stop him?

Ofcourse we did but unlike West Ham we are not prepared to pay 16.5 Mill in wages for him over the next 5 years.

As long as the replacements for Enrique and Nolan are up to snuff and we buy 2 wingers and 2 centre forwards i will accept this deal.

Plus we got 4.5M not 1.5M.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Ofcourse we did but unlike West Ham we are not prepared to pay 16.5 Mill in wages for him over the next 5 years.

As long as the replacements for Enrique and Nolan are up to snuff and we buy 2 wingers and 2 centre forwards i will accept this deal.

Although I am gutted that we lost him it's nice to see a club standing up to a player and showing him he is not bigger than the club. That being said now we need a more attacking CM, we have Cabaye and Tiote who are very good, more defensive minded midfielders. We just need to replace Nolan, get a CB, a winger and 2 strikers and I will be happy. Well, as long as one of those strikers isn't Carlton Cole. :lol!:
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:09 pm

aford92 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Although I am gutted that we lost him it's nice to see a club standing up to a player and showing him he is not bigger than the club. That being said now we need a more attacking CM, we have Cabaye and Tiote who are very good, more defensive minded midfielders. We just need to replace Nolan, get a CB, a winger and 2 strikers and I will be happy. Well, as long as one of those strikers isn't Carlton Cole. :lol!:

I agree completely would you want Bassong back if we could get him cheap? I thought he did well despite us being relegated.

As for Carlton Cole that wont happen lol we are after one big CF and one small one and as the big one (Demba Ba) as been signed i expect the small one to be next who ever it maybe( I heard Samuel Eto'o want's to prove himself in England :lol!: )

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I agree completely would you want Bassong back if we could get him cheap? I thought he did well despite us being relegated.

As for Carlton Cole that wont happen lol we are after one big CF and one small one and as the big one (Demba Ba) as been signed i expect the small one to be next who ever it maybe.

Sure I would take Bassong back, I thought he was one of our better players when we got relegated. Depends on how much for though, when you've got players like Upson as free agents paying money for Bassong doesn't seem too logical. Also Dann and Johnson may well leave Birmingham, maybe pick one of them up instead?
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:28 pm

aford92 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

As for Carlton Cole that wont happen lol we are after one big CF and one small one and as the big one (Demba Ba) as been signed i expect the small one to be next who ever it maybe.

Sure I would take Bassong back, I thought he was one of our better players when we got relegated. Depends on how much for though, when you've got players like Upson as free agents paying money for Bassong doesn't seem too logical. Also Dann and Johnson may well leave Birmingham, maybe pick one of them up instead?

Yh it all depends on the wage packet and the price of the player.....

Dann, Johnson or Bassong would all be great signings imo....

I would'nt want Upson though i feel he's past it and tbh i expect he will ask for silly wages.

I do believe Cabaye, Ba, One of Cb's i mentioned above, winger, lb and a small, quick CF would represent a positive window for us.

Despite the negatives of Nolan and Enrique leaving( Ok he has'nt yet but its a nigh on certainty) and Barton not being given a new contract.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I would'nt want Upson though i feel he's past it and tbh i expect he will ask for silly wages.

I do believe Cabaye, Ba, One of Cb's i mentioned above, winger, lb and a small, quick CF would represent a positive window for us.

Despite the negatives of Nolan and Enrique leaving( Ok he has'nt yet but its a nigh on certainty) and Barton not being given a new contract.

Yeah, agree with those positions but I still think we need to get a more attacking midfielder to replace Nolan, we've got plenty of defensive ones, but not very many attacking ones.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:36 pm

aford92 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Yeah, agree with those positions but I still think we need to get a more attacking midfielder to replace Nolan, we've got plenty of defensive ones, but not very many attacking ones.

Ah damn i completely forgot about Nolan's replacement lol yh add that in aswell.

Might seem alot to ask for but if that did happen negatvitity not withstanding i will consider it a success and will be positive about the new season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Don't see why it shouldn't happen, we got almost £40m from Carroll and Nolan. Then again we have Mike Ashley in charge. Rolling Eyes
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down