The Franchise
gunner1987
Ganso
the xcx
billionmillion
58 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Zidane would not be top-3 player today - Page 4 Empty Re: Zidane would not be top-3 player today

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:53 am

Im not a Barca hater or Real supporter. I cheer for Real when they play just out of the mutual respect that has always been there between Juve and Real (and im a fan of Ozil), but im not a Barca hater. And I never said theyre crappy or implied that atall. I even said theyre an awesome team, and they really are, I just think theres a few teams out there that were better than them, namely Milan and Juve of 2003, among others. But this Barca said are an incredible side for sure, just not as good as those teams I mentioned, but theres no shame in that. Everyones getting so defensive. All im saying is theyre overrated. But theyre still a great team, theres no denying that.

juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Zidane would not be top-3 player today - Page 4 Empty Re: Zidane would not be top-3 player today

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:01 am

juventus101 wrote:Alright first off theres no reason for insults. It really just makes you look childish when you throw out insults like that. Just letting you know.

Secondly, if you want to talk about bad refereeing decisions, then Barca definitely shouldve been out of the CL against Chelsea in 08/09 and probably against Arsenal last year as well.

Third, I didnt know Barca beat Inter. But Inter still beat them as well, and this years Milan, which is decently strong no doubt, but is very weak in midfield, really made Barca struggle, and saw plenty of the ball. And remember that the Juve and Milab of 03 are ALOT stronger than this years Milan or even Inter from 2 seasons ago.

And im a Juve supporter, so I hate Inter. But Inter deserved to be in the CL final at the very least that year, even if I believe Bayern were better. But saying Barca deserved the trophy is ridiculous. They lost when it mattered. Even though I feel Bayern were stronger than Inter, they also lost when it mattered. So Inter deserved it.

Barcelona saw a lot of the ball against Milan. I thought Milan played very well, but Barcelona was better than them and that is why they have the better result.

Inter from 2 seasons ago won the treble and they beat Barcelona and Bayern to do it. Inter was a very efficient team under Jose Mourinho. One of the most efficient in the last decade. So no, Juve or Milan of 03 were not stronger than Inter.

This Barcelona side is one of the best of all time as they have been very consistent in the league and the CL. If Juve '03 or Milan '03 were not able to dominate the Barcelona in '03, how can you even begin to consider that they could dominate this Barcelona side?

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:03 am

juventus101 wrote:Im not a Barca hater or Real supporter. I cheer for Real when they play just out of the mutual respect that has always been there between Juve and Real (and im a fan of Ozil), but im not a Barca hater. And I never said theyre crappy or implied that atall. I even said theyre an awesome team, and they really are, I just think theres a few teams out there that were better than them, namely Milan and Juve of 2003, among others. But this Barca said are an incredible side for sure, just not as good as those teams I mentioned, but theres no shame in that. Everyones getting so defensive. All im saying is theyre overrated. But theyre still a great team, theres no denying that.

They are not overrated and i clearly understand your issue now when you mentioned Madrid. You are just romanticizing the past. Nothing wrong with that. It's your right to do it, but your opinions are wrong. I just wanted to let you know that.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:28 am

Juve eliminated Barcelona in 03 from the CL. I dont remember the stats or score as that was quite a long time ago, but Juve knocked them out. And yes, Inter was very efficient under Mourinho in 2009/10. But they were not nearly as good as Juve and Milan was. I dont know if theres a way to find it, but try to look up the starting XIsof Juve and Milan in 03. Juve looked like this if I remember correctly:

Buffon
Thuram Ferrara Montero Zambro
Camo Davids Tacchi/Conte Nedved
Del Piero Trezeguet

All in their primes, except Camo who was just getting into his best years, but he or Taccinardi would also sometimes be benched for Conte. Talent alone, this team is better. And this team gelled perfectly. This team is better than current Barcelona as well as better than Inter from 2010 too. And Milan had Dida, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Riu Costa, Sheva, Pippo all in their primes. And the current Barca were given an extremely difficult time against what kind of midfield? Any 3 of Aquilani, Nocerino, Boateng, Seedorf 8 years later, Gattuso 8 years later, Ambrosini 8 years later. Im sorry, but thats weak compared to Juve and Milan jn 03.

Juve '03 >/= Milan '03 > Inter '10 >/= Barca '08-11 > Milan '11

Thats the way it is.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:32 am

juventus101 wrote:Juve eliminated Barcelona in 03 from the CL. I dont remember the stats or score as that was quite a long time ago, but Juve knocked them out. And yes, Inter was very efficient under Mourinho in 2009/10. But they were not nearly as good as Juve and Milan was. I dont know if theres a way to find it, but try to look up the starting XIsof Juve and Milan in 03. Juve looked like this if I remember correctly:

Buffon
Thuram Ferrara Montero Zambro
Camo Davids Tacchi/Conte Nedved
Del Piero Trezeguet

All in their primes, except Camo who was just getting into his best years, but he or Taccinardi would also sometimes be benched for Conte. Talent alone, this team is better. And this team gelled perfectly. This team is better than current Barcelona as well as better than Inter from 2010 too. And Milan had Dida, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo, Riu Costa, Sheva, Pippo all in their primes. And the current Barca were given an extremely difficult time against what kind of midfield? Any 3 of Aquilani, Nocerino, Boateng, Seedorf 8 years later, Gattuso 8 years later, Ambrosini 8 years later. Im sorry, but thats weak compared to Juve and Milan jn 03.

Juve '03 >/= Milan '03 > Inter '10 >/= Barca '08-11 > Milan '11

Thats the way it is.

Your quotes in red are enough to realize that you dont understand much. I dont mind that you live in a world of your own, but keep it to yourself please.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:59 am

Lmaoo dear lord typical elitist barca fan.

Im gettin sick of this.

I would take zidane over any current barca player without even blinking.

Next up will be baggio doesnt compare to barca players, then maradona and pele.

In other words any truly great player that has played will not compare to barca players.

What a joke.

Really cant wait to see barca crash and burn and madrid overtake them.

Just so i dnt need to read a crap thread like this

Half of you barca fans make people hate ur club
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:02 am

michael1 wrote:Lmaoo dear lord typical elitist barca fan.

Im gettin sick of this.

In other words any truly great player that has played will not compare to barca players.

What a joke.

Not saying what he did was correct, but it is quite similar to what you do to be honest.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:04 am

kiranr wrote:
michael1 wrote:Lmaoo dear lord typical elitist barca fan.

Im gettin sick of this.

What a joke.

Not saying what he did was correct, but it is quite similar to what you do to be honest.

Umm ok so what have i said that was even remotely as stupid as this ??

The only 2 players iv hyped up are rvp and balotelli.

Which rvp speaks for himself and balo is gettin there.

I dnt recall comparing them to any true greats of the game and sayin there better.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:08 am

I dont understand much because icant name the exact scoreand possession stats of the Juve-Barca game of 2003 where Juve won, knocking Barca out of the CL? Or because I said that any 3 of Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini, and MVB all in their mid 30's plus Aquilani, Nocerino, and Boateng, is no match for Juves midfield of 2003 of Davids and any two of Tacchinardi, Camo, and Conte, (as they all got time) all in their prime, or Milans midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, and Seedorf all in their primes? Come on. Theres nothung wrong with what I said.

Juve and Milan of 03 were better than thus Barca. Zidane was better than Iniesta will 99% most likely will ever be, tho Iniesta is great. Thread over.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:15 am

michael1 wrote:

I dnt recall comparing them to any true greats of the game and sayin there better.

I agree.

But you hype Balo too much... Razz

But seriously, Iniesta is only 27, he could get there by the time he is 34. Dont you think?

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eltractor Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:26 am

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: zidane is better than all those bullshit that are nominated.
eltractor
eltractor
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:27 am

kiranr wrote:
michael1 wrote:

I agree.

But you hype Balo too much... Razz

But seriously, Iniesta is only 27, he could get there by the time he is 34. Dont you think?

Lol i know thats just down to my excitement of italy finally having young player who has all the skills he needs to be the best.

Been a while since weve had that so yea i do get a bit excited haha.

Ahh look iniesta is greattt !!

Any team would take him, no doubt but i dnt know better than zidane is a big task.

I mean for instance i rate the brazilain ronaldo as the best striker to have ever played bar none !!

It would kinda be like me sayin balo is better or will be better.

Yes might happen but its so unlikely that whats the point.

Just dnt see why most barca fans need to still big up there players while belitteling other teams true greats.

We all know u guys are the best, theres no need to go on about it as no one denys it but the way some u guys carry on its becoming a bit of a joke now.

Also im not refering to u as one of the bad barca fans Smile
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:43 am

how the hell does juve beating barca in 03 mean anything?..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:37 am

The only thing Iniesta have similar with Zidane is his bald head. and he should be proud.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:05 am

Il Capitano wrote:Meh Iniesta is a good player but he cant do half the things zidane can do with a team.

Iniesta is a good player, and he has alot of similarities that might make people rough into comparisons, and although a bit extreme if taken into a literal sense... i dont think iniesta was half the player zidane was.

Zidane is zidane.

And iniesta is iniesta

Zidane will forever be better than iniesta, and i doubt that will change EVER. make a bet on it if you want.

This thread was made from an unsecure fan, that doesnt like it when people talk about a player not from barcelona being great.

I swear everytime someone mentions a good player, guys like billionmillion come and compare them to barca players.. Laughing

Oh the insecurity...

Bottom Line with no useless arguments.

ZIDANE WINS. Top 3 in the world. If he was in a good team like messi is, even maybe the best.

So u r from the future ?

:facepalm:
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:07 am

juventus101 wrote:Yes. Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso > Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets. For thesake of argument, lets say Pirlo and Xavi are equals. Seedorf and Iniesta are also equals in my opinion, but Gattuso would wipe the floor witb Busquets. Not to mention Maldini and Nesta in their primes was one of, if not the best central defensive partnership ever.

And when else has Barca played a high level Italian team that we could compare to Milan or Juve? Never. Except that Inter game. Where Barca lost.

juventus101 wrote:I dont understand much because icant name the exact scoreand possession stats of the Juve-Barca game of 2003 where Juve won, knocking Barca out of the CL? Or because I said that any 3 of Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini, and MVB all in their mid 30's plus Aquilani, Nocerino, and Boateng, is no match for Juves midfield of 2003 of Davids and any two of Tacchinardi, Camo, and Conte, (as they all got time) all in their prime, or Milans midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, and Seedorf all in their primes? Come on. Theres nothung wrong with what I said.

Juve and Milan of 03 were better than thus Barca. Zidane was better than Iniesta will 99% most likely will ever be, tho Iniesta is great. Thread over.

:facepalm: :brickwall:

someone close this thread!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:19 am

ijomer wrote:LOL OT: who is OP Razz

anyways, such a comparison is naive, because iniesta has not finished his career yet... but as of right now, he is not anywhere near Zidane's level, especially when it comes to leadership, moral booster, game controler and big game player.

When Iniesta is 33, bump this thread up Smile

/thread

(O_O) "i don't agree with the red part" especially big game player lol.. Iniesta is great becuz he always perform & shine in Big matches.

but agree about leadership, but again Iniesta is still 27, so lets not compare now.. cuz it won't be fair for both players..
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:43 am

Rolling Eyes
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:46 pm

The 2003 Juventus team.
The same team that won absolutely nothing in Europe.
Yeah right.
They are not even one tenth as good as the current Barca team.Same with the Milan team.

As for Zidane he would be top 3 or 5.But Messi would still be the undisputed number one as he is way better than Zidane ever was.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Yes. Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso > Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets. For thesake of argument, lets say Pirlo and Xavi are equals. Seedorf and Iniesta are also equals in my opinion, but Gattuso would wipe the floor witb Busquets. Not to mention Maldini and Nesta in their primes was one of, if not the best central defensive partnership ever.

And when else has Barca played a high level Italian team that we could compare to Milan or Juve? Never. Except that Inter game. Where Barca lost.

juventus101 wrote:I dont understand much because icant name the exact scoreand possession stats of the Juve-Barca game of 2003 where Juve won, knocking Barca out of the CL? Or because I said that any 3 of Seedorf, Gattuso, Ambrosini, and MVB all in their mid 30's plus Aquilani, Nocerino, and Boateng, is no match for Juves midfield of 2003 of Davids and any two of Tacchinardi, Camo, and Conte, (as they all got time) all in their prime, or Milans midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso, and Seedorf all in their primes? Come on. Theres nothung wrong with what I said.

:facepalm: :brickwall:

someone close this thread!!

Why? Because you don't like his opinion?

He's argued his points, regardless of whether they are right or wrong, with civility and courtesy.

All the rest of you have done is insult him. If there was ever a reason for me to close this thread, that would be it.

His opinions are certainly unpopular, but he's not the one that's getting riled up so easily. You Barca fans need to chill out and just debate. Insults are not needed. This thread stays open.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:09 pm

People there's no use facepalming whatever billionmillion, free cat or alexjanosik. According to them anything not related with Barcelona is grossly overrated, Messi is the second coming of Christ and Barcelona is God's gift to football.

Lol I remember alexjanosik saying how Barcelona is miles better than Sacchi's Milanand the only players who would get into Barca's team is Van Basten, Baresi and maybe Maldini Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Sacchi's Milan is ridicously overrated on this forum........

1 Serie A and 2 CL's and they one of the best teams evaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LOL.

Capello's Milan was better
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Sacchi's Milan is ridicously overrated on this forum........

1 Serie A and 2 CL's and they one of the best teams evaaaaaaaaaaaaa

LOL.

Capello's Milan was better

Again, this. Mole I'm starting to like you again... hmm
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 pm

billionmillion should get a warning for starting a troll thread.

Just saying.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:41 pm

This has to be a Joke, Zidane would be #1.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:This has to be a Joke, Zidane would be #1.

Based on what? Messi would be number one simply because Zidane would win Zilch.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next