The Franchise
gunner1987
Ganso
the xcx
billionmillion
58 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Zidane would not be top-3 player today - Page 2 Empty Re: Zidane would not be top-3 player today

Post by REWB Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:34 pm

DUDE, COME ON, INIESTA WILL NEVER be able to do what zidane did, they guy completely controlled games at times, iniesta is a fantastic player but not a leader like zidane.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Zidane would not be top-3 player today - Page 2 Empty Re: Zidane would not be top-3 player today

Post by tonger Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:34 pm

lol look at the defenders these days..... compare to when zidane was in serie a.... like everyone else already said, cool story
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:37 pm

Lulz.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:48 pm

The balon dor is a populArty contest. Zidane would be nit even if he did nothing.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:56 pm

What am sure about, that Zidane will be behind Messi..

About the comparison between Iniesta & Zidane..
Skill wise, i do think Iniesta is better.. but Zidane was a leader, this is why he lead France to WC2006 final (altough he made a big mistake that cost him the WC | Materazzi incident | go to google andwrite Materazzi, first thing u see Zidane lol Razz | when u write Zidane u will see headbutt !!)

Zidane didn't have a great WC in 1998 overall, but he had a great Final vs Brazil scoring to great headers! This was the turning point in Zidane's career, and made him famous, although at that stage he was already 26 & that was Zidane's first major trophy. (2000, won Euro at 28, the only CL in 2002 at 30, that WC Final again in 2006)

Zidane was a Leader, this is why overall he is better than Iniesta, but lets just wait, its unfair comparison for both player now!!

Iniesta is still 27 ( he already won all trophies with Club & country..) & he still has time to lead Spain for more trophies, especially if he did it after Xavi retires.. same with Barca..

Edit: btw Iniesta was MOM in 4 of 7 matches, Plus he scored the winner goal for Spain, he was very gd in the WC.

Last edited by Khaledbarca on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Anti-DNA wrote:Zidane would not be top-3 player today - Page 2 Nxkih3.jpg

my face exactly.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:DUDE, COME ON, INIESTA WILL NEVER be able to do what zidane did, they guy completely controlled games at times, iniesta is a fantastic player but not a leader like zidane.

He's no Xavi that's for sure... :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:11 am

khaled u do make a good point, but u also forgot that zidane led juventus to the 1998 CL finals Very Happy
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:18 am

LOL, what are you taking about. Zidane was Xavi and Iniesta combined during his time at RM and Juventus.

He was a boss in the midfield. from controlling the tempo to great dribbling skills, having a knack in scoring amazing goals. i don't know if you are trolling or not but i suggest you watch more of him before comparing him to Iniesta.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:19 am

spanky489 wrote:khaled u do make a good point, but u also forgot that zidane led juventus to the 1998 CL finals Very Happy

I agree, for now Zidnae is better than Iniesta..
but what i'm saying that Zidane & Xavi waited until 26 to start winning Major trophies (Cl, WC, Euro etc..) both at 26 became famous ( btw i do think that luck plays a role in this point).
While, Iniesta is still 27 & he's getting better every season so what's i'm saying that now its not the right! time to compare, the real test for Iniesta is to lead Spain to win a major trophies at his prime when Xavi retires imo ( maybe Euro 2016? Razz).
Plus, as we all know Iniesta has already won everything smajor trophy at 26 ( Club & NT)..so he has a gd chance to be as gd or even better in the next 6-7 years..
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:23 am

This thread just goes to show how overrated this Barcelona side is. Some people actuallythink Iniesta is better than Zidane? Iniesta is great, but thats a joke.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:25 am

juventus101 wrote:This thread just goes to show how overrated this Barcelona side is. Some people actuallythink Iniesta is as good as Zidane? Iniesta is great, but thats a joke.

if u compare Zidane at 27 to Iniesta at 27..
YES Iniesta is better !!

this is what i'm trying to say, we have to wait for at least 5-6 years than comapre the... right now, its unfair for BOTH players!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:26 am

yes but u guys arent giving iniesta the chance, maybe he will breakout and become an even better player than now and thats what khaleds trying to point out.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:27 am

Barcelona is not overrated lol.....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:30 am

juventus101 wrote:This thread just goes to show how overrated this Barcelona side is. Some people actuallythink Iniesta is better than Zidane? Iniesta is great, but thats a joke.
2 DOUBLES [CL + League] including 2CL, 3 Leagues, 12 out of 15 possible trophies in 3 season playing the 4th & still counting = Overrated !!
:facepalm:

Last edited by Khaledbarca on Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:31 am

2006 wasn't that long ago.

And even then, in the twilight of his career, he rocked everybody in the WC pretty much. Even Materazzi.

He'd be top 3 no doubt.

It's not like we're comparing pele to this era...it's zidane. He in his prime in this decade. Not much has changed. Zidane was a top 3 player then...he would be a top 3 player now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:42 am

First off, im not saying Barcelona wasnt the best team in the world in 08/09 and 10/11, but people are calling them the best team ever (which is ridiculous), and forgetting how reliant theyare on Messi who is never injured so we can neversee how they would function without him in a game that matters. People are also forgetting how Chelsea got totally screwed in 08/09, and definitely shouldve won that game, and how Arsenal also got screwed last year against them. People ignore these things. Theyre a great, actually awesome team (i am not a barca hater btw, I just dont give intothe hype), but still overrated.

Secondly, do youbrealize that Zidane at 27 was when he was at Juventus, which were his best years. Zidane at 27 was far better than Iniesta. Zidane overall is head and shoulders above Iniesta.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:56 am

juventus101 wrote:First off, im not saying Barcelona wasnt the best team in the world in 08/09 and 10/11, but people are calling them the best team ever (which is ridiculous), and forgetting how reliant theyare on Messi who is never injured so we can neversee how they would function without him in a game that matters. People are also forgetting how Chelsea got totally screwed in 08/09, and definitely shouldve won that game, and how Arsenal also got screwed last year against them. People ignore these things. Theyre a great, actually awesome team (i am not a barca hater btw, I just dont give intothe hype), but still overrated.

Secondly, do youbrealize that Zidane at 27 was when he was at Juventus, which were his best years. Zidane at 27 was far better than Iniesta. Zidane overall is head and shoulders above Iniesta.

Ovverated. Bro please. When your former coach calls them the greatest team ever, that means something. Lippi coached your Juve twice. Souness who was on the l;egendary side called them the greatest ever. They are one of the greatest and I can't think of any side in history that is better than them.

On topic: This Zidane thing is nonsenmse. Once again, The balon d'or is a popularity contest. FFS Kaka came third for the 2008 season after doing nothing. It's a farce. On Zidane wining it very much depends on the team. Barcelona players would dominate I'm afraid simply because they wouild wipe outr whatever team that Zidane is in. It won't make a difference. Spain would still dominat NT. IMO Xavi has surpassed Zidane anyways. He has won more and is the fulcrum of the two best clubs and NT sides respectively. HE has redifined the cm role. Zidane won't be in top 3. If Sneijder and Milito can win a treble and not be in it, Zidane would not be in it due to the Barcelona love that the voters have.But again, we will never knwo.

ANd for the guy that said Zidane was Xavi and Iniesta in Juventus, I now know you never watched him. No one has ever dominated a MF like Xavi in history. Zidane never dominated the mf as Juve didn't even play through him as much as they should tbh. That's just bs. he didnt see the ball a 1/10th the way Xavi and iniesta did so where do you make that stuff up from? He had his moments of magic and was brilliant but he didn't dominate the MF at all.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:04 am

Did you ever hear of someone named Andrea Pirlo? At Milan he dominated the midfield just as good, and thlugh its arguable, in my opinion is was better than Xavi.

I consider both Juve and Milan in 2003 to be better than this current Barca. Barca may play "prettier" football, but Juve and Milan were more efficient, better teams. Inter in 2010 was probably better as well. The original Galacticos also can argue to be better, as wellas a few national teams, such as the Brazil team back in the day with Pele, Garrincha, etc, and arguably the 06 Italy squad, which was damn near perfect in my opinion. And Barca shouldve been eliminated by Chelsea in 08-09, but you ignored how I brought that up. I wonder why...

Edit: But youre right about Zidane not dominating a midfield like Xavi. Thats cuz theyre different kinds of players. Zidane was more like Ozil than Xavi. Noticeably more attacking on the ball. Xavi is alot closer to Zidanes level than Iniesta, but still not on Zidanes level.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:29 am

juventus101 wrote:Did you ever hear of someone named Andrea Pirlo? At Milan he dominated the midfield just as good, and thlugh its arguable, in my opinion is was better than Xavi.

I consider both Juve and Milan in 2003 to be better than this current Barca. Barca may play "prettier" football, but Juve and Milan were more efficient, better teams. Inter in 2010 was probably better as well. The original Galacticos also can argue to be better, as wellas a few national teams, such as the Brazil team back in the day with Pele, Garrincha, etc, and arguably the 06 Italy squad, which was damn near perfect in my opinion. And Barca shouldve been eliminated by Chelsea in 08-09, but you ignored how I brought that up. I wonder why...

Edit: But youre right about Zidane not dominating a midfield like Xavi. Thats cuz theyre different kinds of players. Zidane was more like Ozil than Xavi. Noticeably more attacking on the ball. Xavi is alot closer to Zidanes level than Iniesta, but still not on Zidanes level.

ROFL. Better based on what? More effecient? This Barcelona side is comfortably better than all those sides, comfortably. No team has ever played at this level. None of those teams would see the ball. Peles Brazil? ROFL now I know you are trolling, they would be knackered in the first 20 minutes. That team barely had any pressure on them. Peles Brazil would never work in this day and age, they weren't pressed at all. Pirlo in Milan's 2003 season was the closest anyone has come to dominating a MF like Xavi, I'll agree on that, that season the man taught the rest of the world how to play football from the CM.

So they shouldn't have won? Was it Barcelona that made Drogba waste all those chances, tbh I agree with you but Drogba should have won that game, and in the first game BArcelona should have had penalties as well, I'm not going to sit here and be biased. Go and watcvh both games again. People seem to forget that Abidal got sent off for no reason. BArcelona played with 10 men and still Chelsea had to sit back.

Exactly so when people say Zidane dominated the mF it's rubbish or they clearly didn't watch him on anything other than clips on youtube. SO why is Xavi not on Zidane's level? He has done everything Zidane has and more. Plus Xavi has shown a level of consistency that is rarely shown in football. Zidane was no where near this consistent game in and game out. No where near.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Capitano Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:51 am

The Poster's logic is laughable at best, and so are any of the pathetic arguments trying to be made.

Some people might ask them selves... well would he be top 3? and i say, hed be top definatley.

Stop showing ur insecurity towards the man billionmillion, football is not 5 years old, just because you think iniesta is a bit like zidane doesn't mean u can twist your own sense of logic and make idiot threads.
Il Capitano
Il Capitano
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:53 am

Iniesta = Modern day Zizou

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:55 am

iniesta dives too much to be compared to zidane
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:55 am

Zidane may not have been as consistent as Xavi, but Zidane was still a veryconsistent player, and he never really declined from his prime much. Xavis been going strong for the last 3 1/2 years. Before Deco and Dinho left, Xavi was good, but not even near this level. When Xavi stays at this level for a whole decade like Zizou did, then he can have a shot at being better. But I thinjeven if you compsre thrm both at their best, Zidane was simply a better player. Xavi has better distribution/vision, Zizous better at everything else.

Drogba missing all of those chances is in his control though, yea its his own fault. But 2 (or was it 3?) clear penalties not being called is out of their control. And I honestly dont remember the Abidal incident so ill take you at yourword, but Chelsea were screwed and I think everyone knows that. Theres a reason Ovrebo was banned for a bit and investigated.

And you may be right about Peles team, but the rest would beat this Barca team. Hell, currently,i believe Bayern can beat Barca, and maybe even Germany, who btw are currently better than Spain, and Schweini has shown he can shut down Messi. But even if you did think Barca would win, thinking theyd win comfortably is just ridiculous. Juve and Milan in 2003 were ridiculously strong. Same goes for Italy in 2006, Inter in 2010, etc.

And I believe Pirlo > Xavi, but thats a whole nother debate in itself, so lets just agree to disagree on that one.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:58 am

Sepi wrote:Iniesta = Modern day Zizou

Zidane was the best player on every team he's ever played on except perhaps France 98 and that's arguable.

Iniesta has never been the best player on any team he's ever played on, he's never shouldered that responsibility,

Skill wise......he is similar.........yet nowhere near as complete and overall not as good.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Capitano Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:03 am

Meh Iniesta is a good player but he cant do half the things zidane can do with a team.

Iniesta is a good player, and he has alot of similarities that might make people rough into comparisons, and although a bit extreme if taken into a literal sense... i dont think iniesta was half the player zidane was.

Zidane is zidane.

And iniesta is iniesta

Zidane will forever be better than iniesta, and i doubt that will change EVER. make a bet on it if you want.

This thread was made from an unsecure fan, that doesnt like it when people talk about a player not from barcelona being great.

I swear everytime someone mentions a good player, guys like billionmillion come and compare them to barca players.. Laughing

Oh the insecurity...

Bottom Line with no useless arguments.

ZIDANE WINS. Top 3 in the world. If he was in a good team like messi is, even maybe the best.

Last edited by Il Capitano on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Il Capitano
Il Capitano
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next