‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’

+4
Eman
Spider
Sri
Raptorgunner
8 posters

Go down

‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’ Empty ‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Arsène Wenger says Arsenal's financial situation puts them in a strong position to buy should he wish to add to his squad in January.

The transfer window opens at the end of this month, shortly before Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh head off on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations.

Speaking at a supporters Q&A at Emirates Stadium last week, Wenger admitted that the fitness levels of his squad would influence his movements in the transfer market. But if he does decide to recruit, he has the funds to do so.

"We lose players like Chamakh and Gervinho to the Africa Cup of Nations, so hopefully touch wood we do not get any injuries to our strikers," he said. "But if an opportunity turns up in that department then we will buy.

"The situation, I must say, is a bit special. Economically the whole environment has changed and people suffer more. The clubs will suffer more financially and it's much more difficult.

"Maybe we will have some opportunities because we are in a good financial situation."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-can-afford-to-buy-if-we-want-to-buy-
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’ Empty Re: ‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:57 pm

‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’ 600full-lukas-podolski‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’ 194667-mario-gotze

These 2 will do Wenger, if you want to keep RVP. Please no Rejects. Thumbs up

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’ Empty Re: ‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’

Post by Sri Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:03 pm

^^ Much as would like the above two to join, Godze won't be coming cause he is injured.

And more pressing is the injury crisis with our full backs.. We need some cover there asap.. we aren't going to get away with playing 4 CBs the rest of the season.. Esp since it also affects our attack, while giving a feel of a strong defense..

We will be hardpressed for rotation in the defense once the FA Cup and CL games also kick in..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:10 pm

Gotez is for the future, I don't really mind signing him even if he is injured. We have to sign some quality players in order to show our main guys we are serious about wining trophies.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:07 pm

If we want to win something this year then Arsene should:

1- Sell the useless dead wood such as ( Squllachi + Arshavin + Chamack )

2- Buy replacements ( podolski + any CB + Any talented Dm )
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Spider wrote:If we want to win something this year then Arsene should:

You forgot Bednter. Yes I agree, but what scares me is that we might sell them and replace them with rejects just like them.

If we want RVP to stay we must buy one or 2 quality players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:58 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:

You forgot Bednter. Yes I agree, but what scares me is that we might sell them and replace them with rejects just like them.

RvP will stay as long as we have a competitive season, and IMO will probably even stay if we don't. He wouldn't leave just because we didn't sign anybody...

Anyway, Squillaci has barely played this year and actually looked half-decent when he did. I'm not saying we should keep him if someone is willing to buy him, but if nobody is, he's not terrible on current form as a 5th choice CB. As for Godolski, he is obviously the GOAT, and I wouldn't mind getting a striker who can also play on the left if Arshavin remains in bad form and Gervinho remains unable to score, but Wenger probably won't sign someone like him unless he knows that Arshavin is on his way out. If Arshavin recovers some form, which for some reason nobody seems to think he is capable of doing, then we probably won't sign anybody offensive - especially since Wenger has already ruled out any CM playmaker signings.

Maybe it just comes with the territory of being an Arsenal fan, but I don't expect us to get anybody unless we are clearly lacking and suffering bad results, and the only people who I think might get sold in January are Almunia and maybe Squillaci. Frimpong or Coquelin will likely be loaned as well, but I don't think we'll buy a DM either.

That all being said, if all of our fullbacks are still injured come late January, BRING BACK EBOUE!!!‘We can afford to buy if we want to buy’ 140567hp2
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Podolski and a CB/LB depends on where Vermaelen plays is all I ask for.

A backup striker for van Persie. Rondón, please Very Happy

We've always had money, and this just means we can expect some big signings.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:32 pm

all talks no actions....he is always contradicting himself. Watch him sign no one then he will say we can't compete in the transfer market Mad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:36 pm

After Arsenal’s latest defensive injury, manager Arsene Wenger must be asking what he has done to offend the footballing gods.

The Gunners broke the news that they had lost their fourth and last first team full-back on Monday. Brazil international Andre Santos was to undergo surgery on damaged ankle ligaments and would be out for three months.

This meant that Arsenal’s list of first team full-backs was a round zero and three of the four set to be out until the New Year.

Kieran Gibbs is the only one not on the long-term injury list, but that is only because he is just coming off of it. Bacary Sagna is recovering from a broken leg and Carl Jenkinson has a nasty sounding stress fracture in his spine.

So what does Arsene do? Well, until January 2nd 2012 he will be faced with having to use all four of his first choice centre-backs.

After that Wenger may be forced to dip into the transfer market and GMF have compiled a list of possible targets.

Leighton Baines

The Everton player has been linked with Arsenal in the past and was tipped by many to be the next arrival after the sales of Gael Clichy and Armand Traore.

Wenger opted for Santos in the end but may renew his interest in the England international – a fee of £12million has been suggested as the required amount.

Aly Cissokho

The Lyon defender has been the subject of much transfer talk recently and, with Lyon having significant financial problems, he may be available in January for the right price.

However, Arsenal will reportedly have to fight it out with Newcastle and Liverpool to sign the Senegal international and pay around £7-11million, if reports are to be believed.

Fabian Monzon

The Argentine was linked with Arsenal as a possible signing in January before Santos was crocked and Wenger could now step up their interest in the Nice player.

Monzon won an Olympic gold medal with Argentina in 2008 and is known for having a cultured left foot. Bundesliga side Schalke have also been credited with an interest and the price is not expected to be so high, around £3million.

Tim Ream

The American is currently in the country trialling with West Brom but would most likely opt to go to London should the chance arise.

Ream operates predominantly at centre-half but is also deployed as a fullback for his side New York Red Bulls. There has been no price quoted but it is unlikely to be out of the Gunners’ price range.

Taye Taiwo

The AC Milan man has recently spoken of his frustration at a lack of playing time at San Siro and has admitted he has considered leaving.

He is contracted to the Serie A champions until 2014 but they acquired him on a free transfer in the summer, so any potential transfer fee is unlikely to be very high.

The Nigerian international has been linked with both Everton and Newcastle but his positional versatility could spur Wenger to make a move to sign him under the noses of his Premier League rivals.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/five-full-backs-to-remedy-arsenals-injury-headache

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:57 pm

With Gibbs and Jenkinson closing in on returns (if Wenger's quotes about both last week are anything to go by), then I don't think we should panic.

It's annoying because Sagna and Santos are our first-choice and best full-backs but we can cope imo.

Sagna is back in January too so it's not too bad. Vermaelen and Miquel can play LB whilst Koscielny and Djourou can play RB in addition. Wenger is highly to blame to this situation as he played Santos in a meaningless game when he could have started Miquel.

I would like to sign 2 players in January however.

A striker is a MUST. Relying on RVP to stay fit for the whole season is a risk. Chamakh and Park are inadequate cover for RVP, whilst the former goes to the ACN anyway. Unless Walcott gets a chance up top then we have to buy.

And despite Wilshere + Diaby returning in January, we will probably loan Frimpong out, and we all know Diaby is incredibly injury-prone.

Names I expect to be linked with us next month:
Podolski
Gotze
Reus
Granero
Gourcuff
Beck
M'Vila
Martin
Biglia
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:36 am

Raptorgunner wrote:

Yeah i agree that bendy and the other brazilian kid should both put on the Transfere list , But i was talking about the next transfere window Very Happy

And yeah i feel the same way bro ,Wenger always end up buying some 16 yro talent

Last edited by Spider on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:45 am

I only hope last summer is not one off for Wenger but he finally realizes the importance or depth & experience. I fear though if we enter winter transfer window with decent points & reasonably healthy squad, history might repeats itself.

Here pray for a change in Wenger mind. cheers
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down