DRK
red&blacklegion
milanfan7
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Robinho or Pato? Empty Robinho or Pato?

Post by milanfan7 Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:01 am

I think that it's clear that Pato should start. Robinho misses way too many sitters. We can't afford stupid mistakes in front of the goal,and Robinho does plenty of them. Discuss.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Robinho or Pato? Empty Re: Robinho or Pato?

Post by red&blacklegion Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:14 am

cant compare them !two different types of players .Robinho offers more in the build up play,while Pato has excellent finishing, but gives the ball away too easily!If tevez arrives id prefer Robinho going back to Santos . Im too pissed at him for missing sitters in the most crucial CL games we had in the last two years(Barca,spurs). he had his chances to prove himself but he has failed to do so!
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:23 am

Well Pato would be ideal but he is inconsistent as wellhe will show up tremendously in big games like last year against Napoli and Inter but then turn right around and disappear against lesser teams but still Pato is a much better finisher than Binho. But Pato has to get over the whole running right at the defender then losing the ball thing. Ideally it would be Pato though. Both have their strengths and weaknesses that they need to work on
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:38 am

Has anyone else just cringed at seeing robinho on the field lately? No sense starting a striker that hits the net 1/10 times

pato is miles better
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:49 am

Not gonna lie some of the misses he has had have taken years off my life :brickwall:
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 am

Pato should start

But that doesn't mean he's miles better than Binho. Both MUST improve.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:01 am

I prefer Pato as once these two can stay fit for long enough to partner each other for a good stretch of games they'll both relieve the pressure they individually feel and in particular it reduces fears of dependence to have two consistent goal scorers.

Robinho has great chemistry with both though, so it's not a case of one riding the bench for the other consistently however.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:32 am

Pato obviously,we can't afford to start robinho,too risky.btw,can someone explain to me why everyone calls pato inconsistent?He definitely isn't.sure he has bad decision making but be always scores which is his job
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 am

Ganso wrote:Pato obviously,we can't afford to start robinho,too risky.btw,can someone explain to me why everyone calls pato inconsistent?He definitely isn't.sure he has bad decision making but be always scores which is his job

It's more like they way he plays is incosistent ... he was much better back in the years . You can't say he lost some of that confidence because of these injuries . Sad
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:30 pm

i think it has more to do with him bulking up,he has become a 9 now,and not a 7 like he used to be
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by akalopian Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:13 pm

robinho is a better player than pato its jus he plays under more pressure. plus italian football is not his style i bet if he was playing with a support system like barcalona he would be considered one of the best if not the best in the world!

akalopian
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:18 pm

red&blacklegion wrote:cant compare them !two different types of players .Robinho offers more in the build up play,while Pato has excellent finishing, but gives the ball away too easily!If tevez arrives id prefer Robinho going back to Santos . Im too pissed at him for missing sitters in the most crucial CL games we had in the last two years(Barca,spurs). he had his chances to prove himself but he has failed to do so!

This^^^^^

Robinho offers so much to our attack and midfield, but couldn't score if his life depended on it (Said this last year by the way, but got flamed. Told you so Wink.)

Pato gives the ball away FAR too easily and needs to track back more, but is a great finisher.

I think that Robinho actually works better with Ibrahimovic though. I don't like it, but it's true.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:37 pm

I'd prefer Pato! He's is younger and has greater room for improvement! Robinho's misses on the other hand :facepalm: !
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Even though Robinho misses easy chances, take a look at the last couple of games, there's no doubt that he offers more than Pato. Robinho can create and doesn't heavily rely on others to create chances for him, whereas Pato is the opposite. Pato, based on potential, in my opinion, will turn out to be the better player, but he firstly need to shake of these injuries which are hindering his progress.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Gladiator wrote:Even though Robinho misses easy chances, take a look at the last couple of games, there's no doubt that he offers more than Pato. Robinho can create and doesn't heavily rely on others to create chances for him, whereas Pato is the opposite. Pato, based on potential, in my opinion, will turn out to be the better player, but he firstly need to shake of these injuries which are hindering his progress.
but ibra is our main creator,he needs a finisher on his side.Robinho would be a good player to use whenever ibra is missing.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:44 pm

But you can't rely solely on Ibrahimovic to create chances all the time, hence having Robinho is a bonus. Just stick with what you had last season, which won you the league, albeit with Ibrahmovic's poor run of form at the beginning of the year.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:14 pm

we also have boateng,aquilani and seedorf creating,occasionally abate too,so put ibra on top of that with a finisher like pato upfront and were done.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:08 pm

ildiavoliforeva wrote:I'd prefer Pato! He's is younger and has greater room for improvement! Robinho's misses on the other hand :facepalm: !

According to that logic, what about Inzaghi?
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Pato is a good finisher but does he make the crucial runs to get the balls from Ibra?no. even Nocerino does better than him in that department.Pato needs long balls when the team is pinned back like the way Ronaldinho used to do.im really worried about the kid he needs to use his speed more often to get passed through players,im not sure if its the fear of getting injured or what!
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:02 am

I don't think Pato and Nocerino should be compared. Their contrasting duties and specialities make them two completely different players.

I really think Pato is trying to be wary of his injuries. Much like Walcott, another immensely fast player, he suffers from burnout quickly and I think Pato has realized that too many sprints will hurt his hamstrings and, god forbid, his knees.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:53 am

I can't believe this. Do you guys know how much skill it takes to volley a cross half a metre from goals and make it go over the bar, on multiple occasions? Wink
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:03 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:I can't believe this. Do you guys know how much skill it takes to volley a cross half a metre from goals and make it go over the bar, on multiple occasions? Wink

I know what you mean
My shots usually go in the net Rolling Eyes
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:25 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:I can't believe this. Do you guys know how much skill it takes to volley a cross half a metre from goals and make it go over the bar, on multiple occasions? Wink

I know what you mean

you're probably not ignoring your goal-scoring instincts enough, you have to shut those out completely if you want to scoop shots over the bar like the pros
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:53 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:

I know what you mean

Sign the boy up :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:45 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
ildiavoliforeva wrote:I'd prefer Pato! He's is younger and has greater room for improvement! Robinho's misses on the other hand :facepalm: !

According to that logic, what about Inzaghi?

Inzaghi is 38. If he were a couple of years younger, than he should have been starting! Pato on the other hand is much younger than Inzaghi and Robinho! If he can avoid his injuries and play reguraly, he can definitely improve his game! Robinho though is not improving his finishing as we have seen in the last few seasons, and in games on this level, you simply cannot afford to miss oppertunities like Robinho does (see tottenham, see barca)! Despite the fact that he is more creative and runs more, he lacks one of the basic qualities an attacker must possess!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next