Adit
Ganso
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
45 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Most complete midfielder is... - Page 3 Empty Re: Most complete midfielder is...

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:40 am

Can Hernanes destroy?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Most complete midfielder is... - Page 3 Empty Re: Most complete midfielder is...

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:41 am

omarish wrote:Xabi is the highest goalscorer after Villa in Spain (this spain team)

He did score more in his pool days from his own half but in Madrid he doesn't have the same role imo

Also losing your marker and being a dribbler doesn't define a attacker. If that's the case then Chicharito isn't one.

Also RG does Schweini do these passes? If your passes attacks the other team then it counts and Alonso (and Schweini) does these passes all the time, he does create chances from deep jsut not everyone scores them. It has happened though

Alonso wasnt really much of a goal threat when playing for Liverpool.He is a very good finisher but would never get into the box often to score goals.Its not a fault in his game obviously but just that scoring was never a strong point of his IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:45 am

Gerrard is the most complete player of his generation not just midfielder.He played as RB is a CL final and heck he scored 20 goals in a season playing as right winger.

The likes of Viera are great complete Central midfielders but Gerrard is much more complete than a Midfieder IMO
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:51 am

Gil wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Essien was never complete imo......

He did'nt really create or score although he did destroy and pressurize with the best of them.....

Ballack was one of the most complete players of the last 20 years so i agree lol.

No need to rewrite history mate. Essien is obviously finished now but he was a total beast in his peak.

Reckon he would have come out on top against Viera in his prime.

Agree with the last part. Easily the most complete player of his generation.

SMFH, jon on son.

Fabregas.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:05 am

dnmac4 wrote:Yaya is up there and I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned Cesc, I know his defensive skills are a bit lacking but between his link up play, final balls, and goal scoring he is about as complete as they come.

I love that people are mentioning Ballack and in the future I think Javi Martinez will be up there.

I also agree with Marchisio and Bastian.

Some people may laugh but someone who is putting it all together IMO and really is starting to be very well rounded is Prince-Boateng for Milan. I love his game.

I was gonna mention him but then others would have laughed at the suggestion. Sad Agree with you on that one

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:07 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
omarish wrote:Has the third highest ball interceptions in Real Madrid team

If that isn't destroying then what is? He defends alot for RM and that is a well known thing. He is complete imo
Third highest in the team is not great, especially as in a defensive midfield position, I don't consider Xabi complete

The two that are higher are Pepe and Ramos, our centrebacks... Pepe has 139, Ramos has 160 and Alonso has 134.

So how is that not a great statistic?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:08 am

omarish wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
omarish wrote:Has the third highest ball interceptions in Real Madrid team

If that isn't destroying then what is? He defends alot for RM and that is a well known thing. He is complete imo
Third highest in the team is not great, especially as in a defensive midfield position, I don't consider Xabi complete

The two that are higher are Pepe and Ramos, our centrebacks... Pepe has 139, Ramos has 160 and Alonso has 134.

So how is that not a great statistic?
If Lass or Khedira played as many games they'd have near the same I'd bet

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:10 am

RealGunner wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Yaya is up there and I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned Cesc, I know his defensive skills are a bit lacking but between his link up play, final balls, and goal scoring he is about as complete as they come.

I love that people are mentioning Ballack and in the future I think Javi Martinez will be up there.

Some people may laugh but someone who is putting it all together IMO and really is starting to be very well rounded is Prince-Boateng for Milan. I love his game.

I was gonna mention him but then others would have laughed at the suggestion. Sad Agree with you on that one

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:12 am

Agree with Dnmac on Javi Martinez, a potential beast in the making tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:16 am

RealGunner wrote:

Yea, it's almost like you have to be more of a DM to be considered on this list
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:16 am

wilshere

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:17 am

How is cesc complete?

Cant even displace thiago as a midfielder.

Cesc is the spanish lampard lol
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:18 am

Off the top of my head

Gerrard, Ballack, Essien, Bastian,
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:19 am

deezydeez wrote:wilshere

No, just no. Good player but just no. There are a ton of things he needs to improve on before getting on a list with the players who have been named and he's young so he will but he just doesn't put up any stats to be on a list like this plus he can't shoot.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:19 am

My vote goes for the pig-joiner.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:22 am

dnmac4 wrote:

No, just no. Good player but just no. There are a ton of things he needs to improve on before getting on a list with the players who have been named and he's young so he will but he just doesn't put up any stats to be on a list like this plus he can't shoot.

What you talking about Wilshere is one of the fastest players in the PL, forget the passing & vision etc he is known for. He has great stamina, pace and tackling ability too pale.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:24 am

Adit wrote:How is cesc complete?

Well in the last 4 years he's had over 10 goals and 15 assists in 3 of those 4 years while being riddled with injuries. Not to mention his link up play and passing is on a way different level then Lampard. He's actually a very complete midfielder but he's not a destroyer and to his credit no one has ever wanted or asked him to be one.

If you look at his numbers compared to other players people are naming then it's not even close, Cesc will kill them.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:26 am

dnmac4 wrote:

Well in the last 4 years he's had over 10 goals and 15 assists in 3 of those 4 years while being riddled with injuries. Not to mention his link up play and passing is on a way different level then Lampard. He's actually a very complete midfielder but he's not a destroyer and to his credit no one has ever wanted or asked him to be one.

If you look at his numbers compared to other players people are naming then it's not even close, Cesc will kill them.
How is he defensively?

Is he better than Xabi,Pirlo,Sahin etc who we didnt include as complete players in that aspect?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:28 am

Cesc can't be up in this list.... one of the main the reason we switched to a 4-3-3 is because his defending is pretty poor.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:28 am

Ade wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

What you talking about Wilshere is one of the fastest players in the PL, forget the passing & vision etc he is known for. He has great stamina, pace and tackling ability too pale.

So just totally ignore the fact he doesn't score or assist???? This is a list of the most complete midfielders, I said he was a good player but if you don't score or assist then how in the world can you be on this list?

Because he runs fast and has stamina he complete, give me a break.

HE has the tools to be on a list like this in the future but right now, he's not.

God, it's incredible unless you say Wilshire is the next coming of Zidane on this board you are a hater or crazy.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:31 am

Again scoring should be the last priority when talking about complete midfielder.The bench mark should be Redondo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:32 am

Most players have been mentioned, but Modric? Cambiasso?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:32 am

Banega
Banega
Banega
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:33 am

dnmac4 wrote:
Ade wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

So just totally ignore the fact he doesn't score or assist???? This is a list of the most complete midfielders, I said he was a good player but if you don't score or assist then how in the world can you be on this list?

Because he runs fast and has stamina he complete, give me a break.

HE has the tools to be on a list like this in the future but right now, he's not.

God, it's incredible unless you say Wilshire is the next coming of Zidane on this board you are a hater or crazy.

Haha I knew that smiley wouldn't be good enough to convey my sarcasm, oh well I was just taking the piss outta certain Arsenal fans here 🐰

P.S. Wilshere isn't actually that fast.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:34 am

Adit wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

How is he defensively?

Is he better than Xabi,Pirlo,Sahin etc who we didnt include as complete players in that aspect?

Dude, look at my posts on this page I said his defense was lacking but he is exceptional in all other facets of being a midfielder. It's like you can't be complete on this thread unless you are a semi DM, I just don't think thats right. I would rather have a guy who will put up huge goal and assist numbers and has incredible link up play from the back to the front and dictates the tempo of the game and is not a great defender because he's exceptional at 4/5 things. There's a reason most teams play with a DM destroyer because one player can't do everything in midfield.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:34 am

Schweinsteiger is #1 by far, but then comes Marchisio in my opinion.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next