Our squad is almost completed with one or two additions!

+11
SamuelJayC
Jay29
boss
Sushi Master
RealGunner
chaval
mani88
Raptorgunner
Sina
beatrixasdfghjk.
Highburied
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Our squad is almost completed with one or two additions! Empty Our squad is almost completed with one or two additions!

Post by Highburied Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:59 am

I think we are set in defense and midfield.

Szczesny and Fabianski between the sticks. Really, couldnt be any better.

Unfortunate to lose Sagna and Jenkinson in the same time but Djouru and Koscielny are doing a heck of a job there.

Per, Vermi, Kosc, Djouru, Squillaci ( scratch ), Miquel.... do we really need a CB?

Santos is back on form... btw, where is Gibbs?

Defensive midfield was never this good with Song, Frimpong, Coquelin and Diaby in emergency.

Central midfield is packed as well with Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby and Ozyakup.

A playmaker could benefit us but Ramsey is not doing a bad job, I expect more throughballs from him and we got a quality creative playmaker.

Left wing is where Im a bit sceptical... Gervinho is the only efficient player. Arshavin shouldnt be trusted anymore, I know hes class but after seeing what OX is capable off, maybe its time to give Ryo more chances.

Right wing is set with Walcott and OX.

Ok, the most talked area these days is attacking.

We only have one goal scorer in RVP... the rest are just below average.

Wenger should spend some good money on a striker.

Whats your view on our current squad?

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Our squad is almost completed with one or two additions! Empty Re: Our squad is almost completed with one or two additions!

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:07 pm

That's about right...

Gibbs is injured with an ... 'Inguinal Hernia no return date doubtful'.
Miyaichi's also out, 'Ankle/Foot Injury 18th Dec 11'.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Our squad is almost completed with one or two additions! Empty Re: Our squad is almost completed with one or two additions!

Post by Sina Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:12 pm

thats that^ Thumbs up
podolski and we are set bounce
Poldo can play on leftside dont need another young prospect for left wing its matter of when Ryo will be ready to takeover
though i think we should see how it goes maybe one of frimpong /coquelin should go out on loan now that we wont play in CC anymore
though Gotze, Sow(HE LOVES ARSENAL) and Ayew brothers are welcomed any day Razz Greedy
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Andrey Arshavin 10 mill
Tomas Rosicky 5 mill
Sébastien Squillaci 5 mill
Marouane Chamakh 10 mill

we can get around 30 million and plus not pay them high wages.

All these players are average players who don't have the quality to be at Arsenal. I know Park has been here for few months but, I think we can do better finding a backup for RVP. Park is a good Back for the back up. Smile

They are making good money and if we can sell them somehow and get one or 2 quality players and let the youth play more first team.

I am sure if we sell all the players above we can use that money to buy both of these 2 players Godolski and Gotze. cheers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say I am really impressed Johan Djourou, lately he has been solid and top of his game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:05 pm

10 M for Chamakh but only 5 M for Rosicky. That shows how under rated he is. He hasn't showed any form for quiet a while but he is one of the very few creative midfielders that are left in the squad so I wouldn't sell him.

Fabianski in goal even as second choice doesn't provide me comfort, he is a very good shot stopper but I am always worried with him in goal and given our medical team and luck with injuries I do not like the scenario.

A creative midfielder who can play ACM and on the wings is what we want and a WC striker who can ROTATE with RVP rather than being the understudy. Having said that Gotze and Podolski are what we 'NEED' But the question is that do we have 35-40 M????
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:09 pm

mani88 wrote:10 M for Chamakh but only 5 M for Rosicky. That shows how under rated he is. He hasn't showed any form for quiet a while but he is one of the very few creative midfielders that are left in the squad so I wouldn't sell him.

Fabianski in goal even as second choice doesn't provide me comfort, he is a very good shot stopper but I am always worried with him in goal and given our medical team and luck with injuries I do not like the scenario.

A creative midfielder who can play ACM and on the wings is what we want and a WC striker who can ROTATE with RVP rather than being the understudy. Having said that Gotze and Podolski are what we 'NEED' But the question is that do we have 35-40 M????

We have the money, and plus losing out of the top 4 would be a bigger loss for the club. For sure we can spend 40 million on 2 players why not.
Rosicky is getting older and slower, time for us to cash in on him, we have waited long enough I think.

IF we do spend big in January we dont have to spend in the summer.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Fabianski should leave not because he aint good enough but i believe him and vito deserve to be no 1 somewhere else
Adler is free agent in summer
or Alhabsi if wigan get relegated we get him Very Happy
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:26 pm

sina90 wrote:Fabianski should leave not because he aint good enough but i believe him and vito deserve to be no 1 somewhere else
Adler is free agent in summer
or Alhabsi if wigan get relegated we get him Very Happy

I agree, I dont have any faith in Fabianski and I rate him on the same level as Denilson, affraid I am always nervous when he is playing. I like Vito and hope if Wenger has to chose it will be Vito that stays.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:00 pm

You guys need a proper replacement for RVP
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Very true ^
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Strangely, we are lacking most up front. We don't have decent depth on the wings and van Persie has no direct substitute or half decent player to use.

A midfielder could also be needed, most likely a creative one.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:18 pm

What do u think guys if i pick 2of em noticed just b4 this post (mine) Razz ...honestly guys i think asn is "suffering"just bcoz keepin or signing improper players..not every player could be fit to asn...no matter how ''Good" em could be....Chamak is one of em ! He's talented but absolutely unfit 4 ASN Embarassed imo

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:28 pm

Goetze and Podolski... and it's all over. Goetze is a pipe dream though. Podolski will happen according to strong reports in France.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:Goetze and Podolski... and it's all over. Goetze is a pipe dream though. Podolski will happen according to strong reports in France.

There are reports all over the place,I hope we can sign him. I am sure Mertesacker would put some good words. A replacement for RVP could be, cus we dont know if he will sign with us.

I think the German market is one of the best place to sign players now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:43 pm

How long has it been that our offensive depth has been so weak? Certainly this hasn't been the case in recent memory. It's kind of strange that a team that has had so many problems defensively has probably the best defensive depth in the whole league, perhaps bar City.

But yeah, a winger and striker are definitely needed. You won't be surprised to hear me say this, but Gervinho isn't a certified starter for me.

Podolski is an ideal signing in many ways. Depth for van Persie, and a possible starter on the left wing. Not ideal, but it's an option we could take.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:58 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
But yeah, a winger and striker are definitely needed. You won't be surprised to hear me say this, but Gervinho isn't a certified starter for me.

Yea you have point there, Gervinho has been disappointing, but we have no choice but to start him. I think he is still adopting to English football. He has done better than most others imo.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:59 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:How long has it been that our offensive depth has been so weak? Certainly this hasn't been the case in recent memory. It's kind of strange that a team that has had so many problems defensively has probably the best defensive depth in the whole league, perhaps bar City.

Podolski is an ideal signing in many ways. Depth for van Persie, and a possible starter on the left wing. Not ideal, but it's an option we could take.

Podolski would be great. Could feel 2 roles.

It's true though, our back-up strikers have never been as weak as this before.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:01 pm

If Bendtner was not such a dumb ass, he could have been our Back for RVP. Its good he wants out, the money we get for Bendtner we can put that towards Godoski. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Would Podolski come here, though?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:08 pm

Lex wrote:Would Podolski come here, though?
Podolski
Asked about Arsenal's interest, the 26-year-old said with a smile: 'Arsenal are a top club. They have a good team and play right at the top level in England.'
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:11 pm

It depends on who else decides they want him. If we decide to go for him, then there's little doubt he'd join because no matter how you look at it, Arsenal is a step-up from Köln.

But if other top clubs decide they also want him, then things may become difficult, since I'm sure the lure of Champions League football would tempt him, and it's not something we can guarantee.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:37 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:It depends on who else decides they want him. If we decide to go for him, then there's little doubt he'd join because no matter how you look at it, Arsenal is a step-up from Köln.

But if other top clubs decide they also want him, then things may become difficult, since I'm sure the lure of Champions League football would tempt him, and it's not something we can guarantee.

That would also play a role in Theo and RvP signing new contracts imo..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Definitely. Podolski is a star (seriously, even outside GL) and it's a show of faith in part of the club in wanting to stay competitive and ambitious.

Goetze is a pipe dream for everyone and in the unlikely case he leaves, it'll be in the summer.

Reus is possible for Arsenal but I'm seeing him more in Bayern.

The only other clubs interested in Podolski were Galatasaray and other mediocre clubs. Arsenal would definitely be a step up plus we have Mertesacker doing the phone calls and Lehmann, too.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:55 pm

Can't believe we might get godolski
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Get Podolski in and we are set...Arshavin and Chamack can leave at the end of the season.
How much would Koln want ??....maybe we get send Ryo on loan the other way in order to get a discount

EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum