Eman
B-Mac
Il Principino
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

TFC - Page 2 Empty Re: TFC

Post by Amar Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:24 pm

Na, there's actually a walkway on the side of the stadium and you can get a chance to get an autograph before the players get on the bus. Next time you go, ask a security guard where it is and they'll tell you. Bring a little kid with you cause the players never say no the kids lol.

Surprisingly it wasn't too packed, so I just threw my henry jersey over the railing with a pen and he grabbed it and signed it. Henry was pretty boss, signed everyone's jerseys, posters etc before he left, unlike some of the TFC players who just walked right by.

I touched his hand as well :bow:

Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Amar wrote:I touched his hand as well :bow:
TFC - Page 2 Milk-Meme
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Ryan Nelsen is to start work as the coach of Toronto FC on 1 February and will play his last game for QPR next week.

The 35-year-old central defender was given his new job on 8 January and QPR fans have been waiting to hear when he will depart for Canada.

The New Zealand international, who moved to west London from Tottenham last summer, will make his final appearance for the Premier League's bottom side at home to Manchester City next Tuesday.

The news is a blow to QPR's hopes of retaining their Premier League status, with Nelsen having been one of their outstanding performers this season.

Upon learning Nelsen was to depart at some stage, QPR boss Harry Redknapp said: "The longer he's here, the better for us, because he's a fantastic player, a great person and a top professional.

"We need him around as long as we possibly can, so hopefully we can keep him for most of the season."

But after Saturday's 1-1 draw at West Ham, Redknapp said: "We're going to lose him unfortunately."

Toronto FC have never reached the Major League Soccer play-offs and finished with a franchise-worst 5-21-8 record last season.

They have already begun their pre-season training camp and their 2013 season kicks off at Vancouver on 2 March.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:57 pm

Well gents, De Rosario, Defoe, and perhaps Michael feckin Bradley are all on their way to Toronto. It's so cold that even hell is at risk of freezing over Proud
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Looks like I might be making my way to BMO field sometime next season.

Time to renew that passport.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:50 am

I might have to start watching TFC now. hmm 
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:35 pm

hopefully they stay out of lower end of table this time  scratch 
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:36 am

Would really like to see TFC win the league next season. Would be great for Toronto and MLS. The last pro Toronto sports team to win a championship was the Blue Jays when they won back to back titles in 92 and 93 right? Way too long. Win it for Canada TFC!
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 am

Also, can pls someone at TFC make this the senior team badge... So badass
TFC - Page 2 Toronto_FC_Academy_Logo

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:47 am

I wouldn't want to see them win it... would just suggest that any club can buy the league and reinforce non-American perspectives that MLS is weak (they'd say that adding to ok Euro players [Bradley and Defoe] makes a team the best in MLS). I'd be ok with seeing TFC finally do well though.

On the other hand, if TFC do well there's a solid chance Chicago could replace them in the bottom three given our off season.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:01 pm

Tim Leiweke has been talking about renovations to BMO Field, saying that MLSE is going to spend 120 million to renovate BMO Field to become a english premier league style stadium with roofs covering the seats hmm

exciting times for the club, and I think it would help attract more fans to come to those early games in the season when it is still cold down on the waterfront, and obviously if this team makes deep runs in the playoffs be comfortable for that time of year as well.

can't wait for MLS season to kick off, exciting times for our club
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:50 pm

The big question is, will he find a way to put actual grass on the field or will TFC be forced to keep that terrible turf due to the climate?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:05 pm

BMO is natural grass right now, has been for 2-3 seasons now i believe.

BUT, there is a thing up here in Canada called the CFL (Canadian Football League) and Toronto's local team the Toronto Argonauts need a new home field as there lease with there current home, the home of baseballs Toronto Blue Jays, The Rogers Centre runs out at the end of the 2017 season and the baseball team is putting real grass in there stadium after the Argonauts leave and have no desire to allow them to renew there lease....now the Argonauts do not make enough money to build there own stadium and they are looking for new owners as well....now TFC's owner MLSE (Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment) has been rumoured to be interested in buying them, and moving them into BMO Field but this has raised concerns over the effect it will have on a natural grass pitch, not just with conditions but with painted lines and such.

MLSE is looking to do these $120 million dollar renovations to BMO Field and this would also include a hybrid pitch, like they have at Wembley and The Emirates so the pitch could take the beating of American/Canadian Football and Soccer matches weekly, and the painted lines can be removed for each sport so it does not effect the experience of the games.

CFL field is also bigger then a soccer pitch so they would have retractable seating in the endzone area's so that it can be pushed back for American Football and then be pulled out and pitch side for Soccer. Along with the roof over the seats, and the hybrid pitch they are looking to expand the seating from 20,000 to 30-35,000.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:34 pm

I was almost certain that all Canadian clubs were cursed with turf... glad that I was wrong.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm sure we all know by now but we just signed Julio Cesar on loan, the same guy the fans of that other club that I support wanted last summer!

Possibly 3 of our players will be at the world cup Proud
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Julio Cesar  :bow:
He would play still in many European clubs, he could go to Napoli but he has a flaw: overly attached to money.
Anyway definitely a fantastic signing, Toronto has made a transfer's market better than many European clubs with Bradley and Julio Cesar ( and I might add Defoe )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:39 am

can't wait for MLS season to start now :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat May 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Defoe does it again!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun May 18, 2014 8:25 am

Fantastic goal. Love to see TFC doing well.

l hear they are looking to bring on brek shea. Which would be great.

l love TFC's mentality. Hope more MLS teams become aggressive like them. Great for the league.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:16 am

Controversial, but I have just learnt that one of my friends is banging Jermaine Defoe Laughing

no wonder he refused to go back to BPL in the window...she is very very fine. Lucky bastard !

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:25 am

Didn't know what to expect seeing Sepi post in the MLS section

Was not disappointed
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:11 pm

Giovinco leaves Juventus will join Toronto FC immediately
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:42 pm

TFC making all the right moves in the off-season again (unlike their NY-based counterparts). This will need to be followed up by some actual success in the actual MLS table and post-season though as another disappointing return like last year's could possibly stall this project irreparably...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:05 am

we struggled when Defoe had injury woes and we lost his goals, and Gilberto didn't find his feet in the league until it was to late in the season.

and we have seemed to addressed the most glaring needs which is a creative and a true playmaker in Giovinco and defense bringing in the experienced Perquis to play along side Caldwell.

that added with the veteran midfielder Cheyrou from Marseille and Robbie Findley who TFC picked up in the re entry draft.

this team looks deeper and better built with a solid spine up the middle now then we did last year.

Altidore-Giovinco-Bradley-Caldwell-Perquis is a very good foundation for a MLS side

and hopefully Osorio takes a step in the right direction as well, looked our best player in some games last season.

and we drafted well with our weakness in mind which is the defence, so we have added some depth in the organization there as well

first 7 matches are on the road with the renovations going on a BMO, so it is important this team starts well and Giovinco arriving for the beginning of the season is a massive boost.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:05 am

So excited for this team this teams and can't wait to see them play against the revs at Gillette.

Last year they made a lot of moves but this will be a much better year. Its younger, more dynamic, and there's a real "spine" now

I just hope Bradley is ok. I have no idea what Klinsmann did to him prior to the World Cup but he needs to get back to the form he had with TFC when he first got there. Was absolutely dynamite.

But if the season starts and he's still running around like a headless chicken, misplacing every single pass every which way across the field, turning it over needlessly several times a game in dangerous areas, that'll ... Not be good to say the least. Because altidore will score, I'm sure giovinco will create a lot and score some too, but Bradley has got to get back to his old self and be the key cog that turns this teams engine
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:09 am

Bradley struggled with a foot injury for about half the year, and was trying to much to put the team on his back when Defoe was out, because the team was struggling to score

I think now with a better core around him he can relax and play his game and not worry about having to be the creator for everything the team does
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: