Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea?

+16
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
EarlyPrototype
Lord Spencer
Kick
The Franchise
Gil
The Madrid One
leemhuis
Luca
Sushi Master
El Chelsea Fuerte
Blue
Le Samourai
ÖMARz
Grande_Milano
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea?

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Because Carlo is old, ABV is young.

You need energy to build some long lasting, does Carlo have that anymore?

Second,his spell at Chelsea, he wasnt using youngsters at all. Gil and others were constantly complaining about that and I see why.

I agree, Carlo was only brought in to get what he could out of what Chelsea had left. But to start a new cycle, I dont think he is the man Chelsea was looking to for it and I see why.

AVB brings a modern approach, he is fresh and young, hungry to do well. You can see why Chelsea wanted him.

Look how old Trapp is and he still went from challenge to challenge.

While SAF was just a little younger than Carlo when he took over.

So Chelsea thought that by bringing a manager they will magically play to his style and be a force to be reckoned with. Carlo had always a history of playing proven players, but when a youngster is proven to be worth it, he takes his chances (Kaka, Pato, Pirlo).

I am not saying Carlo cant do it, im saying I think it was a factor and I think Chelsea considered that. I would have anyway.

I dont think Chelsea thought it was be magic from the get go, nothing from them is suggesting they expected instant results. Its everyone else who seems to have expected that.

As for Carlo and youngsters, what you say may be true but he flat out seemingly refused to play Daniel Sturridge who was and is more then ready for a chance.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea?

Post by Kick Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Actually we had 5 he refused to play, sturridge, McEachran, Bruma, Kakuta and Van Aanholt I believe, most of these guys could have helped us last year when we were in trouble.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:13 pm

I guess I am listening to sources in Al Jazeera who are close to Carlo.

And they say that by the end of his time, Carlo was simply not able to choose and was subject to direct control from Roman himself.

He could not play Sturridge ahead of Torres and could not drop Torres despite how badly he played.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Sturridge has been playing RWF, yet Carlo couldn't do that either.

Carlo was never going to be the man to lead the club into the future. The club knew that and sacked him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:10 pm

Franchise :bow:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:20 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I guess I am listening to sources in Al Jazeera who are close to Carlo.

And they say that by the end of his time, Carlo was simply not able to choose and was subject to direct control from Roman himself.

He could not play Sturridge ahead of Torres and could not drop Torres despite how badly he played.

Jesus :facepalm:

Why don't people start reporting that Roman controls when the manager can go to the bathroom ffs

Adit wrote:Well,chelsea are screwed with FFP too,they cant replace Drogba, Kalou, Lampard, Alex, Anelka. Malouda etc all of a sudden by throwing cash.They dont have a great academy too.

You need to educate yourself a bit more. We might not have a great academy but we have great young players in Bruma, Kalas, Aanholt, Romeu, Courtois, McEachran all of which can/will be used in the immediate future (except of course Courtois and Kalas, who is still 2-3 years away), half of whom are from our academy. The others were bought for cheap. This isn't including other long-term prospects we have. Don't forget Sturridge has already made it.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:45 pm

I thought it was a big mistake letting go of Carlo and quite frankly I didn't understand why they felt they needed to fire him.

After talking to some Chelsea fans I understand the reasoning more and may not totally agree with why they did it as I think it may have been a little too proactive but I do get it.

Carlo is not one for youngsters and Chelsea has to revamp there whole team plus it was seen that he wasn't getting the best out of Torres and they went through a bad streak that is very similar to what's going on now.

I think they just need to be patient with AVB and re build the team from the back forward not to mention bring up some of there younger players. Abromavich just needs to understand that when your rebuilding you can't expect to be competing for trophies in every competition and results may suffer for a little while but you will be much better off in the long run.

I think AVB is the right choice and with a mixture of being in his system for a longer period of time and letting him pick some players to fit his system Chelsea will be fine.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:42 pm

english_jewel wrote:
Adit wrote:Well,chelsea are screwed with FFP too,they cant replace Drogba, Kalou, Lampard, Alex, Anelka. Malouda etc all of a sudden by throwing cash.They dont have a great academy too.

You need to educate yourself a bit more. We might not have a great academy but we have great young players in Bruma, Kalas, Aanholt, Romeu, Courtois, McEachran all of which can/will be used in the immediate future (except of course Courtois and Kalas, who is still 2-3 years away), half of whom are from our academy. The others were bought for cheap. This isn't including other long-term prospects we have. Don't forget Sturridge has already made it.
huh?

Those are some players with potential ,you should be happy if one or two from them made the first team.Do you believe all of them will make it?

You will need to splash the cash any way,i dint think roman and chelsea have the patience for a wenger model.

"Half of them from our academy"
?
Bruma-Feynoord jewel
Kakuta-Lens wonder kid
Courtois-Genk YP
Romeu-Barca B
Kalas-From czek
Aanholt-PSV YP

Only McEachran and sturride classifies as Chelsea youth product.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:40 pm

english_jewel wrote:LOL it's so nice to see everyone taking their chance and having a shot at Chelsea these days. Rolling Eyes

Mind your own business.

Well there's some quality hypocrisy for you

Let's act like you didn't do the same thing to Arsenal just weeks ago
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:37 am

I think the bad news for Chelsea is that they have already spent roughly €140m on new players in 2011 (Torres, Luiz, Mata, Meireles, Romeu, Lukaku), but are still in need of new faces.

Getting the squad right should be Chelsea's first priority and look at the manager situation only after that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:24 am

Adit wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

huh?

Those are some players with potential ,you should be happy if one or two from them made the first team.Do you believe all of them will make it?

You will need to splash the cash any way,i dint think roman and chelsea have the patience for a wenger model.

?
Bruma-Feynoord jewel
Kakuta-Lens wonder kid
Courtois-Genk YP
Romeu-Barca B
Kalas-From czek
Aanholt-PSV YP

Sturridge = Man City youth product.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:43 am

Adit wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

huh?

?
Bruma-Feynoord jewel
Kakuta-Lens wonder kid
Courtois-Genk YP
Romeu-Barca B
Kalas-From czek
Aanholt-PSV YP

1) I do not believe all of them will make it but the ones we can immediately use next season are Aanholt, Bruma and McEachran. Aanholt was performing well at Wigan until, as it is rumored, he did something at training which Martinez didn't like and since then he hasn't even made the bench. However, the club will recall him back at the winter and then we can loan him to another bottom half side, in which he can easily make it into as he did before at Wigan. Aanholt is simply a young Cole with the same amount of desire to go forward, however he needs to work on his defending and that's why he went on loan. Cole really needs someone to rotate with him because he can't go by himself, especially after seeing the mistakes he has started to make. Bruma is at Hamburg and he has proved that he is capable of dealing with the high line with the qualities he has, and he is also very comfortable with the ball. However, I'm second guessing on him coming back next season because the club might feel that he needs more games. However, if he maintains his current displays and continues to be part of the starting 11, of which he has been part of for a long time now, then I'm pretty sure the club won't extend his loan deal. McEachran's case everyone knows about. Of course though, in order to be used next season he'll have to perform at the place he'll be loaned to but we could definitely use someone of his qualities. I also wanted to add Romeu but with the buy back clause and all that crap I'm not sure where he would end up. Kalas too is beasting with Arnhem, who also play a high line system, but he's only 18. I'll leave it just to these three for now.

2) I am not saying the club will not splash cash and will only rely on youngsters. THAT is the Wenger model. However, based on the transfer dealings of the last few windows, it's super obvious that the club is focusing on youngsters (in fact the CEO has come out multiple times saying they will be crucial for FFP) and no doubt is why we got Villas-Boas. The club is trying to minimize the amount of money being spent as we can't keep spending 100m every window. So there's no question of whether Roman has patience with this model, since he himself started it.

3) That's totally wrong. First of all I didn't include Kakuta in the list, but if you do he is a Chelsea youth product because he came here when he was 16. How can you be fully developed at that age? Not to mention he played a key role in the youth team. Bruma and Aanholt are also Chelsea youth products. Aanholt too came here when he was 16, and Bruma came when he was 15. Sure they came from different teams, but they came as youngsters who still had a long way to go and all three played a big part in the youth academy, where obviously they were trained. In addition, they came for less than 1 million, which in itself shows they were no where near being ready for top level first team and required much developing. Sure their clubs developed them prior to being 15 or 16 but the main development comes on the ages after that. I also don't see how you can say that these weren't our products yet you claim Sturridge was? Sturridge came here when he was 20 for a fee that could end up rising to 10 million ffs. Now that's an example of someone who was well developed before he came, as by that age he was pretty much ready to go. The only thing he required was game time, which he couldn't get at his former club. I didn't include Kalas, who came when he was 17 but didn't play a huge part in the youth academy and therefore cannot be called our product. Therefore, of the 6 players I listed, McEachran, Bruma and Aanholt are from our academy and that makes it half.

bhends wrote:
english_jewel wrote:LOL it's so nice to see everyone taking their chance and having a shot at Chelsea these days. Rolling Eyes

Mind your own business.

Well there's some quality hypocrisy for you

Let's act like you didn't do the same thing to Arsenal just weeks ago

Oh nice. Now that you have accused me why don't you back it up with something good? As far as I remember, I wasn't creating threads mocking Arsenal and the only real banter moment there was, was in that thread where both Arsenal and Chelsea fans were sprouting BS. Maybe I was doing it in my sleep and didn't realize, silly me.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2