Onyx
FalcaoPunch
Pedram
izzy
guest7
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

City to offer 35 million for Coentrao in the winter Mercato - Page 2 Empty Re: City to offer 35 million for Coentrao in the winter Mercato

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:07 pm

alexander mahone wrote: our best signing this season

None of our signings has been really spectacular. Probably callejon of all people lol. Varane has been very good but too limited time, and we all have hopes for Sahin. But, considering everything, Coentrao our best signing? No.

S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

City to offer 35 million for Coentrao in the winter Mercato - Page 2 Empty Re: City to offer 35 million for Coentrao in the winter Mercato

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 pm

Ramos is not returning at RB, it's over. As long as Lass is around, he will share RB duties with Arbeloa.

I read a quote from last dating from last week or so, where he said something like "Mourinho finally understood me", as in, now i am playing a lot more.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Lass has played RB so not really anything new.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:19 pm

clichy and kolarov are not enough?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by pebapi Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:01 am

Do you people even watch games? Or do you just read others shitty opinions and make them your own? Coentrao has played almost phenomenally, apart from a 1-2 games. His work rate is through the roof, and he wipes his ass with most right backs he faces. Maybe he hasn't scored any spectacular goals yet, but it sure isn't for lack of trying. He's been unlucky/nervous as hell in front of the goal, but he's still had great games with a lot of flow going through his side when the ball's passed out there. In the preseason when there wasn't much pressure on him, he performed a lot better than he did in the beginning of the season. The last few games I've seen with him, though, he has been going through a steep rise in form. He doesn't lack talent, skills or ambition. He just needs to fit in. Give him some time, man.

pebapi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:35 pm

pebapi wrote:Do you people even watch games? Or do you just read others shitty opinions and make them your own? Coentrao has played almost phenomenally, apart from a 1-2 games. His work rate is through the roof, and he wipes his ass with most right backs he faces. Maybe he hasn't scored any spectacular goals yet, but it sure isn't for lack of trying. He's been unlucky/nervous as hell in front of the goal, but he's still had great games with a lot of flow going through his side when the ball's passed out there. In the preseason when there wasn't much pressure on him, he performed a lot better than he did in the beginning of the season. The last few games I've seen with him, though, he has been going through a steep rise in form. He doesn't lack talent, skills or ambition. He just needs to fit in. Give him some time, man.

no one can deny that coentrao is a great player, or say he has not played well.
question is where does he fit in??????

LB - we have marcelo and guessing from mou's choices will stay here as undisputed starter

midfield - loaded with players and with sahin coming back has even less chance of playing

RB - most people in this forum thought he would start here but to my knowledge hasnt played a single minute in this position and is even less proof seeing as lass has started playing here.

so before you start bitching about peoples opinion look at the facts, we bought him for 35m a ridiculous price and he has no place on this team.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pebapi Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:09 am

Just like we don't have room for both Benz and Higgy, right?
Marcelo can't play 55 games a year without tiring. He will also get injured (as he has just been).

edit: Besides, he cost 30 mil, not 35.
edit2: Not to mention he is better defensively.. it's like having two different weapons for two different missions. I think Mou likes that. In these times you need world class players on every position AND on the bench to be able to compete internationally as well as nationally. Look at squads like Bayern, Barcelona, Man C and Man U.

Last edited by pebapi on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : meh)

pebapi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:26 pm

It is bs. Why did you even post this?

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:51 pm

pebapi wrote:Just like we don't have room for both Benz and Higgy, right?
Marcelo can't play 55 games a year without tiring. He will also get injured (as he has just been).

edit2: Not to mention he is better defensively.. it's like having two different weapons for two different missions. I think Mou likes that. In these times you need world class players on every position AND on the bench to be able to compete internationally as well as nationally. Look at squads like Bayern, Barcelona, Man C and Man U.

We don't sub nor rotate defense. Only with injuries or suspensions. So it is like stated above, we paid an extremely high price for a sub that doesn't have a defined place on squad. Yes he's a good talented player with an excellent work rate, but for his role on club he is not worth the price.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:09 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, he not better than our starting left back, he's not better than our starting CM and he's not better than our starting wingers.

All in all a waste of money imo. He's a great player but the money we spent could have gone into something else. What makes this is even more clear is that Santi Cazorla cost 30 million. I would have loved to sign him instead of Coentrao if I had to choose.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:12 pm

I don't think Cazorla would've accepted the bench rule though.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Zealous wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, he not better than our starting left back, he's not better than our starting CM and he's not better than our starting wingers.

All in all a waste of money imo. He's a great player but the money we spent could have gone into something else. What makes this is even more clear is that Santi Cazorla cost 30 million. I would have loved to sign him instead of Coentrao if I had to choose.

Z. :bow:
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:44 pm

pebapi wrote:Just like we don't have room for both Benz and Higgy, right?

like bill said- we dont rotate defense its not a smart thing to do.

also you compare the price of benz a CF who came in with the belief of starting to a LB who has played more minutes as a rotation CM than his natural position?

also bayern has no depth what so ever, man u's depth is pretth bad as well, barcas depth isnt all that great either especially defensively, manc is the only squad that can rival our depth atm.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Zealous wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, he not better than our starting left back, he's not better than our starting CM and he's not better than our starting wingers.

Why? he too is not better than our starting AM or wingers.

I would've preferred to spend 12 million on Adebayor......
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:25 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:

Why? he too is not better than our starting AM or wingers.

LOL he's way better.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Cazorla is clearly better than Di Maria. Ozil... last year's Ozil, no. This year's Ozil so far... yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:08 pm

From what I've seen Coentrao looks more solid defensively than Marcelo, however Marcelo is better at attacking.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:10 pm

if i had to chose between ozil and cazorla for milan i think i would prefer cazorla,he can be just as good as ozil creativity wise and more offensive imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:05 pm

cazorla isnt better than di maria

özil has a higher potential ceiling than cazorla that's it but özil isn't at cazorlas level yet
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:16 pm

cazorla is one hell of an overrated mofo, couldnt even get a shot on target against rayo and apart from his freekicks was meh against us

to have him in the same sentence as ozil or even granero ffs would be so insulting
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:Cazorla is clearly better than Di Maria. Ozil... last year's Ozil, no. This year's Ozil so far... yes.

-Ozil-Cazorla-Ronaldo
------Striker

S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking, Cazorla is clearly a poor man's Granero. Silly of me to forget that every Real Madrid player is the best in his position Rolling Eyes

Cazorla would walk into our team imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Ganso wrote:if i had to chose between ozil and cazorla for milan i think i would prefer cazorla,he can be just as good as ozil creativity wise and more offensive imo

Based on current form, absolutely. Based on last season, i wouldn't. Also, Ozil is 23 while Cazorla is 26. I'd rather take the younger player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:42 pm

I'd rather have both Sport lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Cazorla isnt better than ozil at AM but at wings he is miles better.

Cazorla is just as good as mata.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:53 pm

Getting back to the subject.... signing Coentrao will always be scratch for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next