Is it worth getting a Xbox?

+9
LeVersacci
nichabr
The Madrid One
TalkingReckless
punkfusion1992
Great Leader Sprucenuce
ronalessi
BiasedMilanFan3
Jonathan28
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:14 am

Ok, I've had a playstation consoles for years now, never crossing over to the dark side of console gaming known as the Xbox. This was mostly due to the RROD fiasco which gave the Xbox a 30% failure rate, which was far too high for my liking. But out of all my mates, only one has a PS3, and he only plays FIFA and COD games, I don't play those games at all, the rest of my mates all have Xbox's. With the whole lag fiasco on the PS3 version of Skyrim i'm thinking of getting the latest 250GB S Xbox just to properly play Skyrim.

What I want to know is does the new Xbox still have the same technical issues that plagued the older models? I really don't want to have to send my Xbox away every few months or have to get another one :facepalm:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:19 am

My old Xbox 360 (version 1) had its ups and downs before it got the red ring (fyi, the Xbox was chipped...effed the whole thing up). But after getting the upgraded Xbox 360 as seen below... I haven't had a SINGLE problem with it. And I play a lot of Xbox.

Is it worth getting a Xbox? 340x_custom_1276881843275_xbox360

Just buy the newest version you can get and make sure its first hand and everything should be fine
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:24 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:My old Xbox 360 (version 1) had its ups and downs before it got the red ring (fyi, the Xbox was chipped...effed the whole thing up). But after getting the upgraded Xbox 360 as seen below... I haven't had a SINGLE problem with it. And I play a lot of Xbox.

Is it worth getting a Xbox? 340x_custom_1276881843275_xbox360

Just buy the newest version you can get and make sure its first hand and everything should be fine

I have to admit that Xbox looks badass, the controller aswell, but it does look like a black dreamcast controller hmm

Carphone warehouse are offering that very Xbox as a free gift with a 24 month mobile phone contract.Basically, the contract would end just in time for the launch of the new Xbox, I might go for that deal since I need a new phone anyway.

Need more opinions though, you might just have gotten lucky Razz

Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by ronalessi Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:50 pm

I have the 4GB Xbox 360 Slim. No problems at all.

R.I.P. RROD

BUT I ruined my FIFA 11 disc a week before FIFA 12 was released because I kung-fu'd the console while the disc was spinning inside. Laughing
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 111

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:01 pm

ronalessi wrote:I have the 4GB Xbox 360 Slim. No problems at all.

R.I.P. RROD

BUT I ruined my FIFA 11 disc a week before FIFA 12 was released because I kung-fu'd the console while the disc was spinning inside. Laughing

Kung-fu idiot banana

Whats the difference between the 4GB and 250GB Xbox? They were released at similar times but why would someone buy a 4GB over 250GB? scratch
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:04 pm

I have had an Xbox 360 since 2008( i also have 3 friends who got thiers at the exact same time) and never experienced any technical issues........

Genuinely believe the people who had issues just dont know how to look after thier consoles properly.......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68972
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by ronalessi Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Ordinho10 wrote:
ronalessi wrote:I have the 4GB Xbox 360 Slim. No problems at all.

R.I.P. RROD

BUT I ruined my FIFA 11 disc a week before FIFA 12 was released because I kung-fu'd the console while the disc was spinning inside. Laughing

Kung-fu idiot banana

Whats the difference between the 4GB and 250GB Xbox? They were released at similar times but why would someone buy a 4GB over 250GB? scratch

GTFO Sad

Very little storage space.

Cheaper.

Meets my needs. smoking
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1292
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 111

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:30 pm

ronalessi wrote:
Ordinho10 wrote:
ronalessi wrote:I have the 4GB Xbox 360 Slim. No problems at all.

R.I.P. RROD

BUT I ruined my FIFA 11 disc a week before FIFA 12 was released because I kung-fu'd the console while the disc was spinning inside. Laughing

Kung-fu idiot banana

Whats the difference between the 4GB and 250GB Xbox? They were released at similar times but why would someone buy a 4GB over 250GB? scratch

GTFO Sad

Very little storage space.

Cheaper.

Meets my needs. smoking

Still can't figure out why you kung-fu kicked your Xbox Razz :flower:

But what you say about the 4BG Xbox makes sense I guess, but 250GB looks more appealing to me cheers

Kung-fu Ronalessi banana smoking
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:17 pm

you do know that the RROD was not only fixed
but those who got it, would be getting a new xbox!
anyways I have had it for 3 years now and there has never been a problem,
in fact I dropped it once and nothing happened
I am planning though to get the newer version as my brother wants to take the older version to university
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:20 pm

ronalessi wrote:I have the 4GB Xbox 360 Slim. No problems at all.

R.I.P. RROD

BUT I ruined my FIFA 11 disc a week before FIFA 12 was released because I kung-fu'd the console while the disc was spinning inside. Laughing

OMG are we the same person.... LOL
I did exactly the same
that game anyways was free for me
got it from EA when they came to Waterloo to recruit
I got Halo Reach, NBA 2k11, and NFS Hot Pursuit like that
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:21 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:you do know that the RROD was not only fixed
but those who got it, would be getting a new xbox!
anyways I have had it for 3 years now and there has never been a problem,
in fact I dropped it once and nothing happened
I am planning though to get the newer version as my brother wants to take the older version to university

Thats good to hear. Seems to be really good reviews about the Xbox, especially with the end of the RROD. I also heard that overheating can sometimes be a problem though.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:I have had an Xbox 360 since 2008( i also have 3 friends who got thiers at the exact same time) and never experienced any technical issues........

Genuinely believe the people who had issues just dont know how to look after thier consoles properly.......

Exactly what Mole said. My only issue was with original console and I had that one for about 1-2 years before selling it on ebay. When I decided to get a 360 again it lasted me about 2-3 years before I had to send it in. I now own the new XBOX (250 GB), I bought it after my 4-5 year old xbox got the RROD and I'm still waiting to send that one in. The new console is brilliant, it's quiet and you can save all your games straight on to the HD (causing the disc to not spin). I think you should go for it and you'll if you have a bunch of friends on the box, you'll be a big fan of the party chat.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:43 pm

if you in US... buy it during black friday... walmart is selling a 4g one with kinect and 1 game and 3 months of Live for $199

i am getting on need one for uni getting bored of my laptop
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Like Tetra said, the Xbox 360 slim is quiet as F**K. Microsoft really have made the ultimate gaming machine in this.

I'm not even sure what they could possibly add to make the upcoming Xbox even better
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by The Madrid One Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:47 pm

get it, overall i think its better than the ps3 because of game selection and its whole interface, only reason im getting a ps3 is to get to play mgs 4, ill justify the purchase further by playing fifa 13, mgs risng, and uncharted series with all my friends who have a ps3, im the only one without one at this point.


then again, i was about to ask you why buy a system for 1 game Very Happy when thats why im buying the ps3, i have almost same reasons as u.. id get the 4 gb version if i were u though maybe, personally dont buy dlc of games on xbox, but thats because i mostly only play left 4 dead and fifa on it, if u got a 4gb its only 200 bucks it would be like 260 with skyrim...

just get it... dont be cheap :coffee: ( assumign ur a grown man and have a job)
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4817
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:35 am

The Madrid One wrote:get it, overall i think its better than the ps3 because of game selection and its whole interface, only reason im getting a ps3 is to get to play mgs 4, ill justify the purchase further by playing fifa 13, mgs risng, and uncharted series with all my friends who have a ps3, im the only one without one at this point.


then again, i was about to ask you why buy a system for 1 game Very Happy when thats why im buying the ps3, i have almost same reasons as u.. id get the 4 gb version if i were u though maybe, personally dont buy dlc of games on xbox, but thats because i mostly only play left 4 dead and fifa on it, if u got a 4gb its only 200 bucks it would be like 260 with skyrim...

just get it... dont be cheap :coffee: ( assumign ur a grown man and have a job)

Haha yeah, I only want the 360 because it runs multi platform games better then the PS3, also because all my mates bar one have it, so might as well get it.

Lucky for me I do have a job in these hard times, I would prefer the 250GB one though, to install on the HDD instead of using the disk. As a student still living at home money is no object at this point, no bills to pay as i'm still 19 :coffee:

You gotta love your parents banana
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by nichabr Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Honestly i dont advise playing skyrim on a console...The pc version of skyrim is much better than Xbox and PS3 imo and all this crap about xbox having no problems is crap if it weren't for auto save my xbox would be in peices in my driveway the amount of times the system has froze up on me and please dont tell me crap about not taking care of my system my new version 360 is practically mint and it freezes up often.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by LeVersacci Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Xbox got games scratch

If you want the best exclusives while also playing multiplat games then it's PS3 :king:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13448
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by The Madrid One Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Ordinho10 wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:get it, overall i think its better than the ps3 because of game selection and its whole interface, only reason im getting a ps3 is to get to play mgs 4, ill justify the purchase further by playing fifa 13, mgs risng, and uncharted series with all my friends who have a ps3, im the only one without one at this point.


then again, i was about to ask you why buy a system for 1 game Very Happy when thats why im buying the ps3, i have almost same reasons as u.. id get the 4 gb version if i were u though maybe, personally dont buy dlc of games on xbox, but thats because i mostly only play left 4 dead and fifa on it, if u got a 4gb its only 200 bucks it would be like 260 with skyrim...

just get it... dont be cheap :coffee: ( assumign ur a grown man and have a job)

Haha yeah, I only want the 360 because it runs multi platform games better then the PS3, also because all my mates bar one have it, so might as well get it.

Lucky for me I do have a job in these hard times, I would prefer the 250GB one though, to install on the HDD instead of using the disk. As a student still living at home money is no object at this point, no bills to pay as i'm still 19 :coffee:

You gotta love your parents banana
or you could save uo money and buy a super gaming computer... Smile
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4817
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:55 pm

I've also got the new Xbox Slim or whatever it's called, and I haven't had a single problem with it. And it is quiet, very very quiet.

It's well made.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20322
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:59 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Ordinho10 wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:get it, overall i think its better than the ps3 because of game selection and its whole interface, only reason im getting a ps3 is to get to play mgs 4, ill justify the purchase further by playing fifa 13, mgs risng, and uncharted series with all my friends who have a ps3, im the only one without one at this point.


then again, i was about to ask you why buy a system for 1 game Very Happy when thats why im buying the ps3, i have almost same reasons as u.. id get the 4 gb version if i were u though maybe, personally dont buy dlc of games on xbox, but thats because i mostly only play left 4 dead and fifa on it, if u got a 4gb its only 200 bucks it would be like 260 with skyrim...

just get it... dont be cheap :coffee: ( assumign ur a grown man and have a job)

Haha yeah, I only want the 360 because it runs multi platform games better then the PS3, also because all my mates bar one have it, so might as well get it.

Lucky for me I do have a job in these hard times, I would prefer the 250GB one though, to install on the HDD instead of using the disk. As a student still living at home money is no object at this point, no bills to pay as i'm still 19 :coffee:

You gotta love your parents banana
or you could save uo money and buy a super gaming computer... Smile

Gaming computer? Maybe, but I don't think I could ever get used to using a mouse and keyboard
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:14 pm

I have moved over to the darkside and have got the Xbox 250gb, I was convinced by the badass looking controller. :coffee:

It arrived about 15 minutes ago, havent opened it yet, still paranoid that it might be defunct and not work lmao

Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:58 pm

i got my xbox/kinect for uni....but it has been sitting for a few days now

have to go get a tv... Sad
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:27 pm

imalegend wrote:i got my xbox/kinect for uni....but it has been sitting for a few days now

have to go get a tv... Sad

I feel your pain, my TV died last week, so I have a brand spanking new Xbox, and I can't play it for two weeks until my TV gets fixed Sad

On the bright side, my exams finish on the 14th, the day my TV gets back, so once I get home, i'm trying this Xbox out.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:15 am

Ordinho10 wrote:
imalegend wrote:i got my xbox/kinect for uni....but it has been sitting for a few days now

have to go get a tv... Sad

I feel your pain, my TV died last week, so I have a brand spanking new Xbox, and I can't play it for two weeks until my TV gets fixed Sad

On the bright side, my exams finish on the 14th, the day my TV gets back, so once I get home, i'm trying this Xbox out.

same here my exams finish on the 16th, gonna have a xbox marathon, haven't played in over 6 months..
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Is it worth getting a Xbox? Empty Re: Is it worth getting a Xbox?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum