Ferrara: 'I made some mistakes. I have nothing against Juve'

3 posters

Go down

Ferrara: 'I made some mistakes. I have nothing against Juve' Empty Ferrara: 'I made some mistakes. I have nothing against Juve'

Post by pasquale22 Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:50 am

Italian Under-21 boss Ciro Ferrara has defended his brief reign as Juventus Coach. “Others didn’t do better than me.”

Ferrara, a former Napoli and Juventus defender, was appointed as boss in Turin on a full-time basis in the summer of 2009-10.

However, the tactician was replaced by Alberto Zaccheroni after a disappointing record of 15 wins, five draws and 11 defeats from his 31 games in charge.

“Juventus was some time ago now,” the ex-Azzurri international told the Gazzetta dello Sport on Thursday.

“I’ve asked myself many questions about it.

“There was a river of criticism aimed towards me that I was too young and inexperienced,” added the now 44-year-old.

“I certainly made some mistakes, but it doesn’t seem to me that the more mature Coaches did better than me.

“I’m just disappointed that I wasn’t able to give joy to the club and the fans. I have nothing against Juventus as I gave them a lot and they gave me a lot.”

Juventus later replaced Zaccheroni with Gigi Del Neri and have now opted for Antonio Conte, a former teammate of Ferrara, after he led Siena to promotion last term.

“Antonio is doing an excellent job,” Ferrara added. “He can take Juve back to the top and I’m happy.

“There is now a cohesive and more determined environment there. The new stadium is an important step for the future too.

“Conte is right to not create expectations about the Scudetto, but, without any European commitments, they are title candidates this season.”

-----

Btw he is doing a great job with the u21's. They are a really strong side
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Ferrara: 'I made some mistakes. I have nothing against Juve' Empty Re: Ferrara: 'I made some mistakes. I have nothing against Juve'

Post by juve_gigi Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Forza Ciro Ferrara, you are a Juventino legend...

Unfortunately, it did not work out for you as a coach here, but you are doing well in your current role so perhaps another coaching gig will be in your future at a lower end club.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Ferrara: 'I made some mistakes. I have nothing against Juve' Empty Re: Ferrara: 'I made some mistakes. I have nothing against Juve'

Post by Luca Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm

you certainly did dick face
ugliest Juventus I've seen to date

was a good player though, I just hope he stays far away from future Juventus projects, I would not want him managing a bakery let alone a football team :dance:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down