Amar
DagenhamDave
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
RebaƱo Sagrado
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will you watch the fight tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: Will you watch the fight tonight

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:06 pm

I get a feeling the fight will happen.

I think Floyd is just waiting. Floyds style, age is less of a factor. Its not just about athletic ability, its about skills and smarts equally. His reflexs and legs probably arent what they were in his prime, but his smarts and skills are better then ever. His adaptability is there, how he fights whatever fight is needed for the opponant. He is and will be capable of doing that for years still.

Manny is about endurance, quick hands and quick feet. Taking shots to get his own in. Its a style which is more impacted by his athletic ability. As he gets older, he will suffer more because of it.

Maybe im being niave, but I think Floyd knows this and will wait for more signs of decline from Manny.

I think Floyd would beat him, always thought that and still do.

Manny looks confused against Marquez, he couldnt land cleanly on Mosely or Cottley..its not luck.

The Marquez straight right hit Manny time and time again, from the first round to the last. Manny couldnt get away from it while launching his attack or missing his attack, the right hit him consistently.

What is Floyds best punch? Probably the straight right.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Will you watch the fight tonight - Page 2 Empty Re: Will you watch the fight tonight

Post by Jack Daniels Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Floyd will never beat manny... Remember 116 - 112... Nyahahah..
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:I get a feeling the fight will happen.

I think Floyd is just waiting. Floyds style, age is less of a factor. Its not just about athletic ability, its about skills and smarts equally. His reflexs and legs probably arent what they were in his prime, but his smarts and skills are better then ever. His adaptability is there, how he fights whatever fight is needed for the opponant. He is and will be capable of doing that for years still.

Manny is about endurance, quick hands and quick feet. Taking shots to get his own in. Its a style which is more impacted by his athletic ability. As he gets older, he will suffer more because of it.

Maybe im being niave, but I think Floyd knows this and will wait for more signs of decline from Manny.

I think Floyd would beat him, always thought that and still do.

Manny looks confused against Marquez, he couldnt land cleanly on Mosely or Cottley..its not luck.

The Marquez straight right hit Manny time and time again, from the first round to the last. Manny couldnt get away from it while launching his attack or missing his attack, the right hit him consistently.

What is Floyds best punch? Probably the straight right.

Excellent points, i just get the feeling he doesnt want to chance losing his record because of awful judges lol.

As usual iam finding myself nodding the whole way through, also i think Manny is already declining his major advantage over Floyd is his KO Power and that has all but evaporated over the last 4 fights despite him throwing countless punches he has failed to KO in any of his previous 4 fights.......

I wonder if either fighter would continue after that tho........

Manny would pretty much have nothing left in the game for, and Floyd would have nothing to prove theres talk of this Amir Khan fight but i personally dont ever see it happening.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:29 pm

They both should have fought each other at their prime. Manny would have won obviously but still

There is no point of a fight when both are few years of retiring
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:They both should have fought each other at their prime. Manny would have won obviously but still

There is no point of a fight when both are few years of retiring

RG is scared of the realisation hitting him in the face eco smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:56 am

They should of fought in their primes, problems was where was Manny when Floyd was in his? Nowhere is the answer.

Its easy for everyone to criticise Floyd now, but what he said is right. When he was in his prime and dominating the game, fighting often, where was Manny to fight him? Now Floyd isnt fighting as often, he has to prove himself over again?

Not for me, thats bull. Floyd payed his dues and dominated all that was in front of him. The only person I think he ducked was Cotto.

In his prime, he would beat Manny too RG. Floyd is older then him, so if he were to beat him I dont think decline should be a talked about factor.

Agree with Mole, Floyd dont want to risk his record. I also dont see a fight with Khan, I dont see why Floyd takes that. Not alot to gain.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:They should of fought in their primes, problems was where was Manny when Floyd was in his? Nowhere is the answer.

Its easy for everyone to criticise Floyd now, but what he said is right. When he was in his prime and dominating the game, fighting often, where was Manny to fight him? Now Floyd isnt fighting as often, he has to prove himself over again?

Not for me, thats bull. Floyd payed his dues and dominated all that was in front of him. The only person I think he ducked was Cotto.

In his prime, he would beat Manny too RG. Floyd is older then him, so if he were to beat him I dont think decline should be a talked about factor.

Agree with Mole, Floyd dont want to risk his record. I also dont see a fight with Khan, I dont see why Floyd takes that. Not alot to gain.

So true, also the reason i always said Manny would never beat Floyd is because of his defensive style and counter punching and awesome defence.........

Manny cant do nothing against Marquez because of this and Floyd made Marquez look average......

And dont say its because Manny's past it because Marquez did the exact same thing to Pacquaio in thier last fight 3 years ago( but unfortunatly stupid judges he was robbed there aswell)

Manny has huge problems with smart ,technical fighters with great defence and quick counters this much has been proven.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:56 pm

Marquez 100% won that fight for the record
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:27 pm

ESPN and the Guardian scored the fight at a draw

Marquez gave up the last round to take it to points because his corner told him he was well in front

The points come out and between the three judges you go from 114-114 to 112-116???

How can you have such a huge discrepancy between two judges?

Game was fixed to give Manny the fight and its utterly disgraceful anyone thinks otherwise

Manny is a bum who needs the judges to give him the win

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Skip Bayless :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Quality sucks but the way they don't even give Marquez the credit..... :facepalm:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:54 pm

izzy26 wrote:

Quality sucks but the way they don't even give Marquez the credit..... :facepalm:

Saw that today :facepalm:

Do they realise this exact same thing happened before between Marquez and Pacquaio ? i dont believe there was 400m on the line then......

The bias on show there is unbelieveable......

Also Floyd would pwn Pac :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Saw that today :facepalm:

Do they realise this exact same thing happened before between Marquez and Pacquaio ? i dont believe there was 400m on the line then......

The bias on show there is unbelieveable......

Also Floyd would pwn Pac :coffee:

Incredible really. Watched the fight again just to see how much Pacman gets tagged. Bloody hell. :facepalm:

That type of boxing against Mayweather..... The fight will be called in the first round. Against Marquez, yeah whatever get tagged and just come back as with age Marquez may have lost some of the power, Mayweather will punish every little mistake Pac makes.

Floyd will make him look like an amateur.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:44 pm

When it comes to boxing, seriously, Skip has ZERO idea.

He is very controversial and opinionated when it comes to the NBA, but I generally agree with much of what he says and even when I dont, I rarely think he is out of his mind.

But his opinions on boxing make me laugh.

Manny let Marquez tag him? After that I knew he was a fanboy, I had to turn off.

That women was talking dog shite too. Ssying Marquez didnt come forward and take the title from Manny. Why does he have to come forward? Do these people actually understand the scoring criteria?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:30 am

The Franchise wrote:When it comes to boxing, seriously, Skip has ZERO idea.

He is very controversial and opinionated when it comes to the NBA, but I generally agree with much of what he says and even when I dont, I rarely think he is out of his mind.

Manny let Marquez tag him? After that I knew he was a fanboy, I had to turn off.

That women was talking dog shite too. Ssying Marquez didnt come forward and take the title from Manny. Why does he have to come forward? Do these people actually understand the scoring criteria?

Scoring is never supremely objective in pro Boxing, Marguez's approach was too negative and it's somewhat relevant what that women claimed, that if a challenger isn't willing to take the fight to the champ he will rarely make an impact on the judges, you can't box passively when you are the challenger, if you're gonna fight the way Marquez did only way you will guarantee a win is if you knock out the champ or hurt him significantly.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:48 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
The Franchise wrote:When it comes to boxing, seriously, Skip has ZERO idea.

Scoring is never supremely objective in pro Boxing, Marguez's approach was too negative and it's somewhat relevant what that women claimed, that if a challenger isn't willing to take the fight to the champ he will rarely make an impact on the judges, you can't box passively when you are the challenger, if you're gonna fight the way Marquez did only way you will guarantee a win is if you knock out the champ or hurt him significantly.

Yes its subjective, but there are 4 things that they should be looking for.

"Taking the fight to the champ" and "boxing passively" arent two of them. You win or the lose a points decision based on the judges opinion on those 4 things. You dont have to do anything extra just because he is the champ. And you dont have to come forward to win either, thats obsurd. If Marquez lost that fight, Ali never beat alot of his opponants.

In the 4 things to look for, Marquez dominated 3 of them and the other wasnt relevant for him, yet Manny didnt win it either.

1. Defence

Goes without saying, Marquez wins this. He shut out Mannys left hand and he doesnt have a right so that was that. Manny was open all night to left upercuts/hooks and especially straight rights down the middle. Not to mention various body shots.

2. Clean effective punching

Another easy one. Manny threw more punches, but missed a ton. Often hitting air. The punches he did land, the clean and efffective ones were few and far between. On the other side, the straight rights rocked Mannys head back continously and the body shots were clean and sharp.

3. Ring generalship

Controlling the ring, controlling the action. Manny coming forward doesnt mean he won this. This is crucial. Its about who is controlling who in their. Marquez is letting Manny come forward, thats what he wants. He is backing up, slowing the pace and taking about Mannys ambush style. He backs up, but never ever gets cornered or trapped on the ropes. He is the master of the action in there. Manny isnt forcing him back, he is luring Manny in.

4. Effective agression

Marquez wasnt often the agressor, we concede that. However, again coming forward and getting poped in the face isnt effective agression. Effective agression would be coming forward, cuting of the ring, trapping him on the ropes or in the corner and then being able to be in a position to throw punches. That never happened. Manny was never effective in coming forward.

These are what the judges are supposed to be scoring on. They clearly did not. Instead, they wanted Pacman to win, just not to derail a potential bout with Floyd. Its dusgusting and shameful to the sport.

I understand it can be subjective and its not even the biggest robbery there ever was, but this is one of the most frustrating ones because In truth Manny has lost at least twice to Marquez, possibly 3 and in all of them. This one being the most outragous of all.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2