English FA wants to teach England Players manners

4 posters

Go down

English FA wants to teach England Players manners Empty English FA wants to teach England Players manners

Post by rwo power Wed 10 Oct 2012, 09:45

Somehow I find it somewhat sad that this is necessary, but obviously it is for English players... XD

Football Association to launch England player code of conduct

Football Association chairman David Bernstein is to bring in a code of conduct for England players.

The move follows a number of recent indiscretions by internationals, most notably defender Ashley Cole.

Those players who break the code could be suspended from England duty.

"They are incredible role models with incredibly high profiles and their behaviour is extremely important," said Bernstein. "This really should have been brought in years and years ago."

Cole found himself in trouble after posting a Twitter message that insulted the FA in the wake of the hearing into club-mate and fellow defender John Terry.

The 31-year-old left-back later deleted the tweet and apologised to Bernstein before meeting Prince William when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge officially opened the FA new centre of excellence at St George's Park on Tuesday.

But the Chelsea player, who has 98 caps for his country, still faces an FA charge and has until 16:00 BST on Thursday, 11 October to respond.

Bernstein, Club England managing director Adrian Bevington, FA chief executive Alex Horne and the FA's director of football development Sir Trevor Brooking have given the senior England squad a 10-minute bullet point presentation on what they expect in terms of behaviour.

"I came into this position as chairman with five things I'd identified, one of which was respect, in its wider sense, not just towards referees but player-to-player, the whole respect agenda," said Bernstein, who took up his role in January 2011.

The former Manchester City chairman added: "I'm beginning to think it's the most important thing I've got to deal with as chairman of the FA."

He added that action to help improve the conduct of players was overdue.

"These guys share a desire to play for England," he said. "They really do value it. But the FA is a complicated organisation. Having the whole regulatory side alongside Club England has created a degree of confusion. There has been a lack of clarity and the fact we haven't sat down with them has led to a bit of fuzziness."

Players have not been banned from using Twitter by the FA but there will be punishments if they break the rules which will soon come into force.

"If someone transgresses in a way that brings the integrity of the team or themselves or the organisation into question, we have the ability to warn them or to suspend them from England," said Bevington.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19893112
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

English FA wants to teach England Players manners Empty Re: English FA wants to teach England Players manners

Post by Art Morte Wed 10 Oct 2012, 10:06

If someone is born and raised to be an idiot, then a Football Association campaign is not going to change that.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

English FA wants to teach England Players manners Empty Re: English FA wants to teach England Players manners

Post by rwo power Wed 10 Oct 2012, 10:51

Actually I wonder why the clubs in England don't take care of this during the education in the youth academies. AFAIK in Germany this is an important item on the curriculum there (I saw in a documentary that the kids there are even given rhetorics training and how to deal with the media).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 10 Oct 2012, 11:48

We have that at Arsenal. Everyone has to pass high school in order to become a player otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to join the first team. We also give our players Media Training and have restricted several players from twitter after their misconduct
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed 10 Oct 2012, 14:26

Nothing wrong with that imo.

Keeps everything stable.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down