anirudhkitt
RealGunner
Art Morte
Ganso
teamanarchy
41 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Biggest upset ever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Biggest upset ever?

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:23 pm

And without Laudrup.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Freeza wrote:
rwo power wrote:
iftikhar wrote:Euro 1992!!! Denmark didn't qualify but they were allowed to play in place of Yugoslavia (who qualified) and they were runners-up.
Runners-up? They won the thing!
You know we did :coffee:
Oh how I wish i was old enough to have witnessed it Sad

It was pretty Epic actually. Their group was meh. England and France were not that strong but Sweden had a decent team with Dahlin and Tomas Brolin (leeds :bow: ).

There win against the Netherlands was insane... that Dutch team still had the likes of Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, etc, and a young Seedorf IIRC.

Basically, Schmeichel was a Monster. Especially in the Final. Im looking at their roster right now and there are 3 players total that I'm sure anyone old enough to have seen the game remembers, and one of which wasn't even playing (Michael Laudrup). Brother Brian though, was there. Germany were no slouches back then either, they weren't the best team (I think that group peaked during 94 and 96) but they still had insane talent esp in defense and midfield (Buchwald, Sammer, Matthaus, Hassler, and Effenberg).
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 pm

The Nature Boy wrote:
Freeza wrote:
rwo power wrote:
Runners-up? They won the thing!

It was pretty Epic actually. Their group was meh. England and France were not that strong but Sweden had a decent team with Dahlin and Tomas Brolin (leeds :bow: ).

There win against the Netherlands was insane... that Dutch team still had the likes of Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, etc, and a young Seedorf IIRC.

Basically, Schmeichel was a Monster. Especially in the Final. Im looking at their roster right now and there are 3 players total that I'm sure anyone old enough to have seen the game remembers, and one of which wasn't even playing (Michael Laudrup). Brother Brian though, was there. Germany were no slouches back then either, they weren't the best team (I think that group peaked during 94 and 96) but they still had insane talent esp in defense and midfield (Buchwald, Sammer, Matthaus, Hassler, and Effenberg).
The '92 team was basically Schmeichel, Brian and scrubs (coach included). No idea how it was possible. That match against the Dutch was amazing, the best game ever imo from a Danish pov, I have watched it so many times
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Alcorcon 4-0 Madrid

USA 2-0 Spain
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:32 pm

The Nature Boy wrote:Germany were no slouches back then either, they weren't the best team (I think that group peaked during 94 and 96) but they still had insane talent esp in defense and midfield (Buchwald, Sammer, Matthaus, Hassler, and Effenberg).

We were reigning world champions (and European ones as well IIRC) and brought the big guns. We had Völler, Klinsmann and Riedle fronting this bitch, support from Hässler, Möller (even more disgraceful than Klinsmann, but brilliant player) and Effenberg, a defence headed by effing Brehme and covered by Sammer, we were ready to bring the hurt, yo.
Winning against us was f*cking impressive. Our entire squad was comprised of the créme from Serie A and the Bundesliga at the time.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Freeza wrote:
The Nature Boy wrote:
Freeza wrote:

The '92 team was basically Schmeichel, Brian and scrubs (coach included). No idea how it was possible. That match against the Dutch was amazing, the best game ever imo from a Danish pov, I have watched it so many times

It was a great game. Schmeichel, was an animal the whole tournament. It really is remarkable how Denmark (like greece in this respect) hardly have any players that people outside that nation will ever remember.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:08 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
The Nature Boy wrote:Germany were no slouches back then either, they weren't the best team (I think that group peaked during 94 and 96) but they still had insane talent esp in defense and midfield (Buchwald, Sammer, Matthaus, Hassler, and Effenberg).

We were reigning world champions (and European ones as well IIRC) and brought the big guns. We had Völler, Klinsmann and Riedle fronting this bitch, support from Hässler, Möller (even more disgraceful than Klinsmann, but brilliant player) and Effenberg, a defence headed by effing Brehme and covered by Sammer, we were ready to bring the hurt, yo.
Winning against us was f*cking impressive. Our entire squad was comprised of the créme from Serie A and the Bundesliga at the time.

Indeed it was impressive. Excuse my complete memory lapse of not remembering that Germany were world champs coming into Euro '92.

I still don't think they were the best team at Euro '92 though. And I'm not saying that to be a prick. I really thought that the Dutch had the strongest side at the time, definitely didn't see Denmark winning it lol.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:10 pm

incoming flame i feel it Embarassed
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3