jibers
billy_gr
Senor Penguin
Lex
guest7
51 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatans new book and Barcelona

Post by V Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:18 pm

In hindsight, yes Pep made a big and expensive mistake in bringing Ibra to Barca. But he had the balls to fix this mistake (by getting rid of Ibra) as well as possible for the good of the TEAM. And it payed off.

With or without the talking/arguments/freezing out, the result would have been the same, for the benefit of the TEAM, which is Guardiola's first and foremost job.

Whatever was said became of little consequence once Guardiola decided that his solution to improving his team was moving Messi to the centre (whether this was Pep's or Messi's idea again matters little) which implied Ibra was out of a job at Barca.

People should stop being so sensitive about who might have said or done what. This isn't a soap, it isn't a psychological-political thriller. It's football and it's played on the pitch.

V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatans new book and Barcelona

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:22 pm

But that's too boring.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Zealous wrote:But that's too boring.

I have been defeated.
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:23 pm

V wrote:In hindsight, yes Pep made a big and expensive mistake in bringing Ibra to Barca. But he had the balls to fix this mistake (by getting rid of Ibra) as well as possible for the good of the TEAM. And it payed off.

With or without the talking/arguments/freezing out, the result would have been the same, for the benefit of the TEAM, which is Guardiola's first and foremost job.

Whatever was said became of little consequence once Guardiola decided that his solution to improving his team was moving Messi to the centre (whether this was Pep's or Messi's idea again matters little) which implied Ibra was out of a job at Barca.

People should stop being so sensitive about who might have said or done what. This isn't a soap, it isn't a psychological-political thriller. It's football and it's played on the pitch.

Kudos for realizing this. I have been saying this for a while that most managers who make an expensive bad transfer will keep the player and keep trying to force him into the team at the expense of the rest of the players. Yes Pep made a bad transfer but no one seems to ever give him credit for fixing the situation ASAP and wining the CL the very next year.

Pep's responsibility is to the whole team not one player, and to my knowledge since he has been the manager at Barca he has always done what's best for the team.

Sure, he could have had a massive ego and kept Ibra around to try and make it seem like it was a good transfer but no, he gave Ibra a transfer to the exact team he wanted to go to when he could have gotten way more money from City and took a huge financial loss for Ibra's benefit in the process and even now after Ibra's constant bashing of him he has nothing but nice things to say about Ibra. Geeze what a bad guy.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:54 pm

its impossible to say whether Ibra would have improved and won the CL with Barca or not the following year, so "fixing the situation" we will never know for sure anyway...

The funny thing is; Ibra at the moment doesnt play as a pure CF for Milan anymore, he is moving all over the place in a free role it seems, kind of what the Barca forwards are doing.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 pm

I never thought Ibra was a poacher O.o

He perhaps wasn't a false nine but he sure as hell wasn't a poacher, or maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember him being a poacher.

Anyhow, seems to me like Zlatan is making excuses for not playing well at Barca and losing his spot to Messi. It's your own fault if you don't perform well and if you don't perform well then you shouldn't be playing tbh and that's exactly what Guardiola did. Zlatan is just so arrogant that he couldn't take that and cited Guardiola as his problem when the real problem was himself.

Bad transfer. Glad he's gone. All the best to him but he didn't belong in Barca.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:06 pm

CBarca wrote:I never thought Ibra was a poacher O.o

He perhaps wasn't a false nine but he sure as hell wasn't a poacher, or maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember him being a poacher.

Anyhow, seems to me like Zlatan is making excuses for not playing well at Barca and losing his spot to Messi. It's your own fault if you don't perform well and if you don't perform well then you shouldn't be playing tbh and that's exactly what Guardiola did. Zlatan is just so arrogant that he couldn't take that and cited Guardiola as his problem when the real problem was himself.

Bad transfer. Glad he's gone. All the best to him but he didn't belong in Barca.

Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 4 He_mad
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Ibra isn't slow.. get that through your head
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:09 pm

translation from the article: "pep wanted zlatan to play deeper instead of playing high and be the one recieving the balls"

take it however you want all i did was making a quick summary instead of a direct translation tbh
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:10 pm

xabi wrote:

Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 4 He_mad

On the contrary, I'm actually fantastically happy because we got rid of him which has led to a better Barca. This might be indicated by my wording in "glad he's gone", but some people aren't so good at reading so I forgive you Xabi Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:12 pm

omarish wrote:

translation from the article: "pep wanted zlatan to play deeper instead of playing high and be the one recieving the balls"

take it however you want all i did was making a quick summary instead of a direct translation tbh

Oh ok. That makes a little more sense. And thank you for the translation btw, didn't thank you before but I'll + rep you cause you deserve it Smile
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:34 am

Exactly. He was playing in his central role and didnt do a shit. messi from deeper role was outshining him. And one day messi felt bad for him and gave his penalty to ibraflop to take..

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Milanchenko Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:39 am

so it was Messis' idea to play in the middle not Guardiola? interesting

Milanchenko
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 am

I was writing a long post, but I realized it's pointless. I realized that the bias blinding the Barca fans, and the bias blinding the anti-barca brigade is just too much for any logic. Both sides have had some of the stupidest arguments I've read.

Pep was at fault, but it's not the end of the world.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:59 am

“Pep was at fault, but it's not the end of the world.” – This exactly.
He is nor demon neither angel. Simple as that
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:00 am

dnmac4 wrote:
As for Henry, he was never going to play as a number 10 which he wanted
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:08 am

billy_gr wrote:“Pep was at fault, but it's not the end of the world.” – This exactly.
He is nor demon neither angel. Simple as that

Exactly. A lot of coaches have made a lot of mistakes before. So long as they fulfill whatever it is that is required of them, you can't really call them "bad" or "horrible" managers. It's basically "The ends justify the means" scenario, but to be considered a great coach, you have to limit the "wrongs" and so far, Pep has kept his mistakes limited to transfers/man-management, which is great really.
Nobody has the right to call him a bad manager. His methods might be questioned, but he is achieving outstanding and record-breaking results. He has his faults, but so does every coach. What's important is that he is fulfilling the needs of the club, and that is winning trophy after trophy.

Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:11 pm

2008-2009 No Ibra --> Sixtuple
2009-2010 with Ibra --> League ( ibra benched by Bojan in the last month - Bojan> Ibra)
2010-2011--> CL, League, USC, SSC

`Messi as CF:
- 75 Goals + 41 assists in 72 matches.

` Ibra (CF at Barca):
- 21 goals + 9 assist in 41 matches
Note: same season Pedro scores 22 goals.

===> Guardiola made a big mistake by buying Ibra? Yes.
But he did the best decision ever by selling him.
Ibra is butthurt.. he Sucked, flopped at Barca, he knew it & wanted to blame someone for his failure... "Guardiola"

#just sayin..

=================

Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 4 JtDZZ
Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 4 UdvXn
Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 4 Cs2Y4
Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 4 OsUTL

lol at Pinto hahaha
Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 4 4zgql
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:08 am

Ibrahimovic:

"In my first days, I was told by Guardiola that Barcelona players do not drive fast cars; that they keep a low profile," he told The Times.

"He wanted me to think of myself as just an ordinary guy. But I am Zlatan: I like to be different, to be an original. Guardiola couldn’t cope with that.

"Every time I walked into the coffee room, he walked out. When he went past me in the corridor, he looked at the floor. He is not a man. He can be the best coach in the world, but I don’t care.

"One day, I exploded at him in the dressing room. Even then, he didn’t speak to me.”

Ibrahimovic, now at Paris Saint-Germain, went on to slam Barcelona stars Lionel Messi and Andres Iniesta for their conformist attitudes.

“Don’t get me wrong: I like Messi and Iniesta. What they can do with the ball is unbelievable," he added.

“But they are so sensible, so quiet. They did exactly what they were told and never complained about anything."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:15 am

Ibrahimovic really needs to just move on. He's been bitching for years now about this whilst Pep has just got on with his career.

It didn't work out, deal with it Zlatan.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:19 am

They are pulling things out of his book. Ibra now says he respects Pep
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:39 am

great book great read might read it again actually
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:55 am

How is exactly is he slamming Messi and Iniesta there? lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:23 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:They are pulling things out of his book. Ibra now says he respects Pep
I would like to know what happened after the book until now.... theres still no explanation why their relationship got to that point.... Ibra's success at other clbus I guess shows his ways maybe not wrong, but certainly only works at some places.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juvellinapoli Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:20 pm

-----Dani Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Puyol-------
---------------Busquets-Iniesta----------------
-----Xavi Hernandez-Ibrahimovic-Pedro----------
--------------------Messi-----------------------

could have worked, no??

Juvellinapoli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Juvellinapoli wrote:-----Dani Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Puyol-------
---------------Busquets-Iniesta----------------
-----Xavi Hernandez-Ibrahimovic-Pedro----------
--------------------Messi-----------------------

could have worked, no??
lol ibra as CAM??? no way.. maybe messi instead of ibra.. and xavi as a winger impossible... .. he orchestrates everything from the middle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next