jibers
billy_gr
Senor Penguin
Lex
guest7
51 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Zlatans new book and Barcelona

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:01 pm

Look at Zlatan's eyes at 0:45.

:bow:

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Zlatans new book and Barcelona

Post by arabprince Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Zlatan is great. No surprise that Pep isn't liked by everyone, and that he was afraid of Mourinho.

boosh
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Ibra:"The atmosphere in Barcelonas dressing room was way too quiet for me. Messi, Iniesta and Xavi always obeyed without protesting. They were like schoolboys. I'm not like that and I couldn't be myself," Ibrahimovic wrote.

HAHA I could definitely picture that xD

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain/2011/11/03/2741170/ac-milans-zlatan-ibrahimovic-says-barcelonas-pep-guardiola
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:37 pm

OMG they always listened to their coach!
What douchebags! How can they be considered professionals
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Ibra finds out he's not good enough for Barca.

option 1; return to Italy where he can dominate

option 2; blame it on anyone to deflect the fact he wasn't good enough.

Ibra option. Do Both!
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Ibra:"The atmosphere in Barcelonas dressing room was way too quiet for me. Messi, Iniesta and Xavi always obeyed without protesting. They were like schoolboys. I'm not like that and I couldn't be myself," Ibrahimovic wrote.

Why is this a bad thing, I don't get it? I mean when Pep took over he made them to one of the best club sides in the history of football, wht would they wan't to question that???

Pep has made them all probably 10's a millions of dollars in endorsements and bonus' plus making the three of them finalists for the Balon d'or and pretty much ending them ever losing to Madrid. Who in the world would be dumb enough to question all that Pep has done for them???

Some of you really need to take a couple steps back from your keyboard and get some proper perspective.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:54 pm

The one who got no balls is zlatan. ffs bojan in 10 minutes created more danger against inter than ibra did in 170 min(Ibra played in san siro, right?) Laughing

Ibra was awfull in the 2nd half of the season, remember against zaragoza when barca must have created a dozen of sitter for ibra just to miss them, messi had to win a penalty for ibra to score...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:54 pm

I think Ibra meant that he wasn't comfortable in a situation where there was no open dialogue with the coach, at least that's what I got.

Basically,

Pep: "Messi, you dribble ten players and score, Xavi you pass the ball 500 times."

Messi: "OK"

Xavi: "OK"

Ibra: 'What about me? What do I do?"

Pep: ". . . . . . Ok Guys let's go and win!"
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:56 pm

harhar11 wrote:The one who got no balls is zlatan. ffs bojan in 10 minutes created more danger against inter than ibra did in 170 min(Ibra played in san siro, right?) Laughing

Ibra was awfull in the 2nd half of the season, remember against zaragoza when barca must have created a dozen of sitter for ibra just to miss them, messi had to win a penalty for ibra to score...
That game was the defining game of his Barca career, and ultimately his downfall. What a game.

0-1 Messi
0-2 Messi goal of the season
Ibra misses 10 sitters
0-3 Next attack Messi strikes
1-3 Zaragoza
2-3 Zaragoza
2-4 Messi goes past everybody and earns penalty from the next attack, gives it to Ibra Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Zealous wrote:I think Ibra meant that he wasn't comfortable in a situation where there was no open dialogue with the coach, at least that's what I got.

Basically,

Pep: "Messi, you dribble ten players and score, Xavi you pass the ball 500 times."

Lollllllllll
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Zealous wrote:I think Ibra meant that he wasn't comfortable in a situation where there was no open dialogue with the coach, at least that's what I got.

Basically,

I lol'd....
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:06 pm

The more I read the Goal.com excerpts the more I laugh at this... Hahaha... what an idiot, so amazing.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:12 pm

It’s so funny really… Every respectable coach goes in the locker room and starts like this: “So guys, how do you think we should play today? Let’s vote”
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:13 pm

jiopsi wrote:
harhar11 wrote:The one who got no balls is zlatan. ffs bojan in 10 minutes created more danger against inter than ibra did in 170 min(Ibra played in san siro, right?) Laughing

That game was the defining game of his Barca career, and ultimately his downfall. What a game.

0-1 Messi
Ibra misses 10 sitters
1-3 Zaragoza
2-3 Zaragoza
2-4 Messi goes past everybody and earns penalty from the next attack, gives it to Ibra Laughing
With great finnish commentary Laughing

"The difference between super player, and the worlds best player."
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:32 pm

jiopsi wrote:
jiopsi wrote:That game was the defining game of his Barca career, and ultimately his downfall. What a game.

0-1 Messi
Ibra misses 10 sitters
1-3 Zaragoza
2-3 Zaragoza
With great finnish commentary Laughing

"The difference between super player, and the worlds best player."

That was obviously peps fault. It wasn't ibras fault that he missed so many sitters :coffee:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:41 pm

I will say what I said on the Barca section.

I always liked him as a player and still do. I often found him funny and a pleasant change for the robotic players who have zero personality.

However, his quotes here borderline on crazy and it shows a lack of professionalism I didnt expect from him.

I knew he was a little crazy, but the niavity of his words are eye opening to say the least.

He really doesnt understand what it takes to win at the highest level.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:58 pm

I highly doubt henry would make fun of pep behind his back.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Ya he is bitter that after he left barca won the cl plain and simple. He knows he failed with the biggest team of the last couple of years and is pissed he has to play in a weaker team! Ya maybe pep ignored him, who knows we weren't there. One thing is for sure is that he must have done something that made pep ignore him!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Pep kept him away from Pique. Laughing

On a more serious note, simply put Ibra wasn't part of Pep's plans and Pep was inexperienced on how to deal with Ibra.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:56 pm

look at it from guardiola's perspective... if you had an employer who was completely useless at the style you wanted to use, would you nurse him every day just to keep him happy?

sure guardiola has his faults but if ibra is seriously bringing this out in a book he's a complete twat... footballer's biographies are only interesting when they're funny (vieira cockslapping anelka for instance), not full of bitching about how it's everyone else's fault that you sucked...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Ibra isn't perfect but ultimately it was Pep who paid big bucks to get him. When he came he had no idea what to do with him.

Pep has to raise his hand here and admit he handled the situation poorly.

In the grand scheme of things though it matter little. Pep is still a great coach, but there is no harm in pointing out that what he did here was ill advised.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:I highly doubt henry would make fun of pep behind his back.

So you never made fun of teachers, professors, coaches behind their back at all RG. It is not disrespect as much as making fun of an unpleasant situation.

Not to mention that Henry is not a saint, hardly any footballer or human being is a saint, which is why they are so rare.

On topic, at least Ibra wrote this biography himself with his own writing instead of using a ghost writer like most other footballers do. I think his Barca stint really hurt his ego, but anyone who says he was a flop all the way there is not making any sense.

He played great his first months there and only after pep mishandled him did he flop, the coach gets as much of the blame as the player.

And all this mud slinging by barca and anti-barca fans in childish. So fraking what, pep obviously made a mistake in the whole Ibra deal, so he is human. SAF made mistakes and so did Cappello, Sacchi and Mou. Barca fans throwing all the blame on Ibra and absolving pep of the blame are as pathetic as the ones claiming pep is an evil and bad coach for dealing with the situation.

Ibra is a big baby, and there is nor surprise there. He knows people are calling him a flop at Barca and absolving pep from all the blame which is why he always goes out of his way to say that it was not only his fault but pep's as well.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Zealous wrote:Ibra isn't perfect but ultimately it was Pep who paid big bucks to get him. When he came he had no idea what to do with him.

Pep has to raise his hand here and admit he handled the situation poorly.

In the grand scheme of things though it matter little. Pep is still a great coach, but there is no harm in pointing out that what he did here was ill advised.

What did Pep do which was so poor?

He didnt need him anymore and got insulted, why should he reach out to him?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Yh, Pep handled it poorly, but it's kinda dumb for him not to openly welcome playing as a false 9, i mean, he is no poacher lol.

I keep in mind that Zlatan and his gigantic ego still "flopped" at Barcelona, for the standards that were expected from him. He was a failure, and he is handling it like a butthurt moron, insulting every one and showing no restraint.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I highly doubt henry would make fun of pep behind his back.

So you never made fun of teachers, professors, coaches behind their back at all RG. It is not disrespect as much as making fun of an unpleasant situation.

Not to mention that Henry is not a saint, hardly any footballer or human being is a saint, which is why they are so rare.

On topic, at least Ibra wrote this biography himself with his own writing instead of using a ghost writer like most other footballers do. I think his Barca stint really hurt his ego, but anyone who says he was a flop all the way there is not making any sense.

He played great his first months there and only after pep mishandled him did he flop, the coach gets as much of the blame as the player.

And all this mud slinging by barca and anti-barca fans in childish. So fraking what, pep obviously made a mistake in the whole Ibra deal, so he is human. SAF made mistakes and so did Cappello, Sacchi and Mou. Barca fans throwing all the blame on Ibra and absolving pep of the blame are as pathetic as the ones claiming pep is an evil and bad coach for dealing with the situation.

Ibra is a big baby, and there is nor surprise there. He knows people are calling him a flop at Barca and absolving pep from all the blame which is why he always goes out of his way to say that it was not only his fault but pep's as well.

Chicken and egg wrong way round in my opinion.

He started playing badly after a great start individually (though the team suffered as a whole), then Pep removed him, then Ibra had a problem..that was the sequence of events.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Ibra, has some BALLS saying this before Barca vs Milan.
Some SERIOUS Balls.

Zlatans new book and Barcelona - Page 2 Take_a12
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next