Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
77 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Spurs will overcome Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Spurs will overcome Arsenal

Post by izzy Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:57 pm

xabi wrote:
Lex wrote:If you're talking about trophies and history, there's only one club that tops the list

atleast Tottenham players doesn't do Nazi celebrations when they score.

Finally cracked Xabi?

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:57 pm

Lex wrote:
xabi wrote:atleast Tottenham players doesn't do Nazi celebrations when they score.
Eifersüchtig?

xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:59 pm

Was Hitler in the crowd? Is he a Gunner too?

Our evil fanbase is growing by the minute
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:09 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Tottenham, best in London

That's like sayin' Getafe, best in Madrid Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:47 pm

xabi wrote:
Lex wrote:If you're talking about trophies and history, there's only one club that tops the list

are you really that stupid ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:47 pm

LOL at VDV

we will see where they end up, come may.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:16 pm

He is speaking the truth. atm, they're the best team in London.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:42 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:He is speaking the truth. atm, they're the best team in London.

Yes, true indeed. I don't really get why 80% of the posters in this thread are saying otherwise. Didn't they play and beat Arsenal recently? I'm not asking to be a jerk I really can't remember.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:47 pm

Van Der Vaart is a great footballer. He'd walk into any PL starting XI except maybe City's and even then he'd still get loads of time.

The dude has some weird voodoo jinx on him though so he;ll get injured before and important run or something like that.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:49 pm

The last time Tottenham were better than Arsenal was 1961 if Im not wrong.

They to the talking, we do the walking....

Pride of London!
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:52 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:First he says we are the better than Arsenal.

Then asked if they are the best in London he says maybe LOL. who is better QPR or Fulham? Laughing

Chelsea?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:53 pm

rundmc's anti-Arsenal agenda is showing again
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:58 pm

Lex wrote:rundmc's anti-Arsenal agenda is showing again

I assume you're talking about me, so please educate us all on what I said that was anti-Arsenal? I guess if you say anything other then Arsenal is the best team in London even though they lost to a team in London this month who has played less games but has more points then you hate Arsenal.

You guys are like the gestapo.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 am

Tottenham are better than Arsenal based on the last result? The one where they narrowly beat us by a wonder goal?

How about the fact that no-one remembers the last time they finished above us in the table? How about the fact that we have a warehouse full of trophies compared to their little plinth? How about the fact we're just overall more successful?

Best team in London lulz. They're not even the best team within a 20 mile radius.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:03 am

Just to add fuel to the Van Der Sexy flame war.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:12 am

Lex wrote:Tottenham are better than Arsenal based on the last result? The one where they narrowly beat us by a wonder goal?

How about the fact that no-one remembers the last time they finished above us in the table? How about the fact that we have a warehouse full of trophies compared to their little plinth? How about the fact we're just overall more successful?

Best team in London lulz. They're not even the best team within a 20 mile radius.

You can't be serious can you. I mean please tell me your not this dull. Do you really think VDV was factoring in all time stats and the historical strength's and weakness' of the two clubs? NO, below is his quote. It couldn't be more obvious he is talking about this year.

“We are better than Arsenal,” Van der Vaart said. ”In our last seven games we have won six and drawn once. It’s a long season, but I think we have a bigger and better squad.

They played less then 30 days ago and beat Arsenal and are ranked higher in the table with more points from less games. I really don't know what there is to flip out about here or start bringing up past statistics or whatever it is you're doing.

I mean right now Spurs are better then Arsenal, I don't know how that can be argued other then just saying, "I'm a total Arsenal fanboy and therefore cannot take part in a rational discussion involving my club or the city they are located in." Please just say that next time.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:39 am

You don't need to time travel far to get the full picture. I clearly remember VDV making this exact same remark last year and, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't we finish above Spurs then too?

Like we always do and like we will this year.

Spurs are enjoying a better vein of form (or should i say were) but to even contemplate lil Spurs being better than us is quite frankly ludicrous
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:41 am

Lex wrote:You don't need to time travel far to get the full picture. I clearly remember VDV making this exact same remark last year and, correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't we finish above Spurs then too?

Like we always do and like we will this year.

Spurs are enjoying a better vein of form (or should i say were) but to even contemplate lil Spurs being better than us is quite frankly ludicrous

what is ludicrous about the comparison?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:35 am

Spurs are on a good run, but so are Arsenal. The difference is that they had a better start to the season and didn't lose a plethora of players in the summer, which has given them a temporary head start in points. They have had a good record against us recently too yes, which I think VDV is basing his statements off of, but in all of those games we were missing crucial players, were going into the games on the back of a poor run of form, and still in none of those games were they the better team. Okay, that might be considered bias, but even stats back up my claims in terms of possession, shots, etc.

They are playing well, but they are not good enough to finish top 4 in the league IMO because while they have a lot of solid, consistent players who have thrived on the fact that some other top teams have gotten off to a poor start, they simply are not as good of a team. I consider VDV and Modric to be their only world class players atm (I don't throw the term "world class" around often).

Another problem for Spurs, as Mole has said, is that they really don't have much money, despite their reputation. Hell, Man City needed to pay for a good portion of Adebayor's salary just so Spurs could afford him. No other top team would need this financial assistance. I truly believe that at the current rate Spurs do not have the resources to improve much beyond what they currently have, where as every other top team does. This is their peak, and as good as it is, it's not enough to achieve their ambitions.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:47 am

History doesn't really go into this. I mean imagine a club with good history and then say they don't manage to make the CL, does it really matter if they have better history?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:36 am

Spurs (sorry for my language) are not far away from Chelsea (sorry again) in terms of History.

Quality wise now Chelsea (my bad) are ahead of Arsenal and then Spuds (mods hate me).

In current form, debatable.

But, like I said, Spuds (censor me RG) always talk before the season starts... Keep dreaming you fekin YIDS!

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:55 am

xabi wrote:

Clearly, Robin Van Persie was part of the secret Nazi project to create the ultimate footballer out of Dutch SS men to beat the Russians and British in the 1950 post-war World Cup. Clearly. That explains everything
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:04 am

Eman wrote:Spurs are on a good run, but so are Arsenal. The difference is that they had a better start to the season and didn't lose a plethora of players in the summer, which has given them a temporary head start in points. They have had a good record against us recently too yes, which I think VDV is basing his statements off of, but in all of those games we were missing crucial players, were going into the games on the back of a poor run of form, and still in none of those games were they the better team. Okay, that might be considered bias, but even stats back up my claims in terms of possession, shots, etc.

They are playing well, but they are not good enough to finish top 4 in the league IMO because while they have a lot of solid, consistent players who have thrived on the fact that some other top teams have gotten off to a poor start, they simply are not as good of a team. I consider VDV and Modric to be their only world class players atm (I don't throw the term "world class" around often).

Another problem for Spurs, as Mole has said, is that they really don't have much money, despite their reputation. Hell, Man City needed to pay for a good portion of Adebayor's salary just so Spurs could afford him. No other top team would need this financial assistance. I truly believe that at the current rate Spurs do not have the resources to improve much beyond what they currently have, where as every other top team does. This is their peak, and as good as it is, it's not enough to achieve their ambitions.

You can't be serious with this post can you? I mean do you have your head too far up Arsenal's ass to remember that Spurs were in the Champions League and hence in 4th place (you know the spot they can never achieve according to you) just last year, and they had a good run in the CL as well.

There ambitions as you say is to reach the Champions League which they are currently in position to do, so what are you talking about? You really don't make any sense.

Also, the last time they beat you Arsenal was not on a poor run of form, you guys have won like 8/9 and you played them this month ffs, like 25 days ago. And it's always funny to hear the whole yea they have been beating us but were the better team just look at the stats they prove it. You know what stat you just choose to ignore, THE FREAKING SCORE. And then of course it's the whole we have injuries and no one else does so the game doesn't count. It's just such a tired argument and really it doesn't hold any water. Just give them credit they beat you and are playing better and are better positioned to secure a top 4 spot. Those are FACTS not opinions or lame excuses.

I'm not trying to put you down dude, but either you don't know anything about Spurs or the EPL or you are just making up your own realities and trying to push them on everyone else.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:10 am

english_jewel wrote:

History doesn't really go into this. I mean imagine a club with good history and then say they don't manage to make the CL, does it really matter if they have better history?

Exactly, I think people are totally missing the entire point of the thread and VDV's statements. I don't understand where clubs histories even figure in to this at all?

Also, to the people saying Arsenal will finish higher then Spurs and Spurs have no chance of making the CL, would you care to place a wager on that.

It's funny because a couple months ago I tried everything I could to bet all of you that Arsenal wouldn't make the CL and no one would do it, now according to you guys it's a lock that there in the CL no questions asked and anyone who thinks otherwise are idiots. I just don't understand you guys.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:58 am

I swear to God , I say this every time but I still don't know why you guys even bother trying to reason with Dnmac. I swear.

Anyway,

Before last last year :
Crouch : "Were the best in London"
last year : VDV : " Were the best in London"
this year : VDV : " We're the best in London...REALLY!"

It's funny to be honest.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:20 am

dnmac4 wrote:Also, to the people saying Arsenal will finish higher then Spurs and Spurs have no chance of making the CL, would you care to place a wager on that.
I'll gladly take you up on that wager

But instead of fanny bets like sigs or etc. why not put your money where that giant gob of yours is and use real monetary currency instead

Say, a tenner?

Last edited by Lex on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down