Mamad
billy_gr
VanDeezNuts
Bellabong
billionmillion
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Would you bench Higuain after him scoring 3 hat-tricks in a row?

Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_lcap17%Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 7 ]
Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_lcap17%Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 7 ]
Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_lcap14%Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]
Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_lcap19%Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 8 ]
Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_lcap24%Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 10 ]
Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_lcap9%Benching Higuain is right decision? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 42

Benching Higuain is right decision? Empty Benching Higuain is right decision?

Post by billionmillion Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:45 am

The man is almost top scorer of la liga, how can you bench him? isnt it killing a player? if he wins piccici once he will grow and improve twice mentally. if he played all games 90 minutes he would have 20 goals in la liga now i guarantee. the man is the best finisher. If benzema wants to play play them together as barcelona does.

You score 3 hat-tricks in a row and from next games you sit on the bench and come as sub in last 15 minutes. I would not want to be in place of Higuain
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Benching Higuain is right decision? Empty Re: Benching Higuain is right decision?

Post by Bellabong Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:49 am

billionmillion wrote:
You score 3 hat-tricks in a row and from next games you sit on the bench and come as sub in last 15 minutes. I would not want to be in place of Higuain

Sounds like RM.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Benching Higuain is right decision? Empty Re: Benching Higuain is right decision?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:55 am

soul destroying really...

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:24 am

higuain is in better form than benzema atm. so i have been puzzled to see him not included in the starting eleven the past couple matches. last year i think it would have been acceptable to play higgy for la liga matches and benz for cl but this year they are both in great form and there needs to be a way to play both at the same time, or more equal playing time at the very least.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:42 am

rotation guys... no big deal. some times rest is good for players.
I wish Pep rested Messi once in a while
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:57 am

Rotation. they are different and we can use them in different situations.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:39 am

billy_gr wrote:rotation guys... no big deal. some times rest is good for players.
I wish Pep rested Messi once in a while

You cant bench Messi, Messi is 50% of Barcelona's efficiency. Otherwise you'd be having possession with no goal scoring.

I agree about the rotation thing.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:44 am

deezydeez wrote:higuain is in better form than benzema atm. so i have been puzzled to see him not included in the starting eleven the past couple matches. last year i think it would have been acceptable to play higgy for la liga matches and benz for cl but this year they are both in great form and there needs to be a way to play both at the same time, or more equal playing time at the very least.

Higuain is not in better form than Benzema even if he scores 15 goals for the next 15 games.

When the going gets tough (ie the competition gets stiff and the teams close / park their buses against us and we cant counter attack), Benzema gets going and these times are coming soon.

But if anything, Higuain should warm up in La Liga matches because that's when Madrid will score 4 or 6 goals. In CL and important / decisive matches, Benzema should step in.

That's why mourinho picked him against Villareal because he was expecting more resistance from them. Benz crushed them in 30 mins. Ofcourse not to forget Kaka who at his current form which is around 65 to 70% of his best past form, is twice as good as Ozil's current form, and 1.25 times better than Ozil's best form in the next 3 to 5 years.

Madrid are fine. Stop whinning Madrid fans.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:53 am

You can still bench Messi in the easier games.
You can still win and have Messi fresher for the most difficult games.

billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:04 am

Benz-Higgy-CR

/Thread
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:10 am

huntsman wrote:
deezydeez wrote:higuain is in better form than benzema atm. so i have been puzzled to see him not included in the starting eleven the past couple matches. last year i think it would have been acceptable to play higgy for la liga matches and benz for cl but this year they are both in great form and there needs to be a way to play both at the same time, or more equal playing time at the very least.

Higuain is not in better form than Benzema even if he scores 15 goals for the next 15 games.

When the going gets tough (ie the competition gets stiff and the teams close / park their buses against us and we cant counter attack), Benzema gets going and these times are coming soon.

But if anything, Higuain should warm up in La Liga matches because that's when Madrid will score 4 or 6 goals. In CL and important / decisive matches, Benzema should step in.

That's why mourinho picked him against Villareal because he was expecting more resistance from them. Benz crushed them in 30 mins. Ofcourse not to forget Kaka who at his current form which is around 65 to 70% of his best past form, is twice as good as Ozil's current form, and 1.25 times better than Ozil's best form in the next 3 to 5 years.

Madrid are fine. Stop whinning Madrid fans.
So you think scoring goals mean nothing. It means benzema is better than CR too?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:01 am

Perhaps, but Higuain replaced Benz in the line up who was consistently playing well himself.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:17 am

rotation

check our games billionmillion

they have been playing every other game, since both of them are in red hot form one cant sit on the bench for a whole game, so thats why Mou is rotating them

against vallecano higgy started =CHECK

then against ajax benz started =CHECK

then against espanyol higgy started(eventhough benz was injured)=CHECK

then against lyon benz started=CHECK

then against malaga higgy started =CHECK

and now against villarreal benz started=CHECK

ill bet my whole house that against sociedad el pipa will start

since we play with one forward one of them has to play which is why Mou rotates them(nothing biggy)

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 am

Our next match is against Real Sociedad.

ill bet my whole house that against osasuna el pipa will start

I have another theory :coffee: .

Mou will start benz against Real Sociedad but Against Lyon he will start Higuain.

Last edited by Mamad on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:22 am

or higuain vs Sociedad, benz vs Lyon and then higuain again vs Osasuna

or else benz will have two games in a row, and i doubt Mou will let that happen
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:59 am

Higuain has scored 9 goals and no assists in 14 games, Benzema has 7 goals and 5 assists in 12 games in all competitions this season for Real Madrid, from their stats it's clear both have had playing time and both have delivered, it also show how different the two attackers are in terms of style.

I've no problem with Mourinho rotating them, he has stated in previous interviews that he prefers to have a striker on the bench, to allow him make tactical changes within a game. Benzema though can play Ronaldo's role, if the need be, and play together with Higuain, but I doubt that will be happening on a regular basis.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:14 pm

No it's not the right decision. Most teams would be drooling at the possibility of having someone like Higuain in their squad and especially with the form he's in atm.

He just went through a bad back injury and surgery, recovered at an impressive speed and seems to be back better than ever. He's always loyal, fighting for the team and avoiding trouble.

Benzema is in a really good shape (about time) and it's hard to bench him now. Same with Di Maria because he may look a bit weak offensively sometimes but the job he does defensively is impressive.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Benzema has 6 goals and 3 assists. Higuain has 9 goals and zero assists. I'm not counting the supercup stats, which would put Benz at 7 goals and 4 assists. So, they've contributed exactly the same in terms of goal creation. Meanwhile, Higuain has zero impact on the game unless he contributes to goal while benz creates game for the team, as his through passes showed yday as an example. It's also worth mentioning that 2 goals and 2 assists for Benz are in CL. Higuain is a poacher and plays almost exclusively close or in the box and, thus, should and is a bit more efficient statistically. That's his only role however. But when you playmake and, thus, take playmaker risks, you will always have some failure involved. Also, if you consider France NT games for the 2011/2012 season... in 17 games started, Benz has 9 goals and 7 assists.

So explain to me again.... how is Higuain a better footballer? It's lol-worthy actually.

I'll add that playing them in 50/50 rotation is the right choice because Madrid will be playing 3 matches a week for most of the rest of the season. It allows us to keep both in good physical condition through the end and actually helps Benz with the Euro this summer.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:23 pm

@OP: Do you think he is benched permanently or something?

Because the way I see it , this is a rotation , which will prevent injury, Keep everyone fresh and Keep everyone motivated to give their best when they are on the field.

We'll see what you say when Messi gets arthritis at 26 from playing 60 full games a season.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Higuain not creating? lmfao head out your ass

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:25 pm

asissts isnt benzemas job however

that job is allocated for the likes of Alonso, Ronaldo, DiMaria and Ozil

so i would take that explenation with a pinch of salt, if you look at pepe he also have a couple of asissts that doesnt really tell much does it

what we need is a pure goal scorer and thats what higgy provides us

last time i checked benzema was a forward and not a false 10 or AM(so playmake isnt his job and shouldnt be his job either)

the guy should be happy ozil and dimaria serve him on a platter or else if he had the amount of chances he had at the start of the season when he kept getting about 2 chances a game i doubt he would be scoring goals to start with

higuain needs one chance to score one goal, thats the difference me think
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:27 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:asissts isnt benzemas job however

that job is allocated for the likes of Alonso, Ronaldo, DiMaria and Ozil

so i would take that explenation with a pinch of salt, if you look at pepe he also have a couple of asissts that doesnt really tell much does it

what we need is a pure goal scorer and thats what higgy provides us

last time i checked benzema was a forward and not a false 10 or AM(so playmake isnt his job and shouldnt be his job either)

the guy should be happy ozil and dimaria serve him on a platter or else if he had the amount of chances he had at the start of the season when he kept getting about 2 chances a game i doubt he would be scoring goals to start with

higuain needs one chance to score one goal, thats the difference me think

Yup Benzema's efficiency in front of goal is terrible in comparison to Higgy

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:28 pm

So you guys want Higuain to play every match for the full 90?

SMH.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Crimson... you need to pull your head waaaay out. Higuain creates here and there mainly from the wing. Other than that, he's a true poacher. Not Hernandez-style as he is skilled. But he is not part of the gameplay other than the final pass.

Halamadrid2.... modern football forwards are required to do everything. It's no longer a specialty sport. That's why DMs and poachers are becoming extinct species. You have so much switching that occurs and defenses attack the AM and the midfield to force other to create. You need both the forwards and the defenders to have creative abilities. That's why Aguero, Nasri, Pastore, etc. demand such a high pricetag. There just aren't many players that can play all 3 forwards positions at a top level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Higgy is one-dimensional... the sooner you fanboys realize it, the easier it will become to understand why Madrid keeps replacing him. As long as his team provides him with the final balls, he'll be great. As soon as the game gets tight and he needs to create, he's dead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next