Bayern Munich are CL material now...

+28
The BoyWonder
Jack Daniels
LeSwagg James
Lionel Bieber
Yuri Yukuv
The Messiah
BarrileteCosmico
M99
pdolson
Bayern Fan
Neo
Backspacer
Grande_Milano
Sushi Master
VivaStPauli
BeautifulGame
juventus101
EarlyPrototype
Lord Hades
S
Die_Roten
7amood11
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Raffy
Ganso
izzy
Babun
32 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Babun Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:42 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/725/bundesliga/2011/06/11/2527677/bayern-munich-are-still-not-ready-to-compete-with-barcelona

Even their striking legend thinks that they're only a top team in name. While they may have some impressive players like piggy, Robbery and Godmez, they don't seriously challenge other top teams in Europe. I'm talking about Manu,Farca , Real and maybe even Chavski. A Cl final appearance after their triumph in 2001 doesn't warrant the title of a top team in Europe. I'd say Arsenal were more of a consistent team even though they didn't win the cup :lol!:

I should have added somewhere, not for kids under 16 and oldies with heart problems Very Happy

Edit: After yesterdays showing, I have to admit that Rafinha and Boateng are more than solid.They made Badstuber look like a decent defender. I'd say they have real chances to advance past quarter final this year if they don't clash against Farca early Very Happy


Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by izzy Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Some decent CBs and Bayern will prove a lot of people wrong.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm

inter,round of 16....nuff said
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Babun Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:49 pm

izzy26 wrote:Some decent CBs and Bayern will prove a lot of people wrong.
They couldn't beat Inter in their worst state... What top team did they eliminate after 2001? I'm not talking about names, I'm talking about teams in their primes like AC Milan for example.Milan destroyed them each time they met...
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Raffy Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:51 pm

following your definition of a "top team" real isnt one either...
Raffy
Raffy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-06-08
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by izzy Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:52 pm

Very harsh to write of Bayern just like that.

That match against Inter could have went either way.
Sloppy defending and the constant wasting of chances cost them.

I have no doubt in my mind that with a few good CBs signings like Jerome Boateng and they will be the Dark Horse to win the CL.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Babun Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:55 pm

izzy26 wrote:Very harsh to write of Bayern just like that.

That match against Inter could have went either way.
Sloppy defending and the constant wasting of chances cost them.

I have no doubt in my mind that with a few good CBs signings like Jerome Boateng and they will be the Dark Horse to win the CL.
I understand your point and their problems.The case is they have a lot to prove to be called a top team. The only real top team they beat over the years was Manu two years ago.It was on away goals as well.
Raffy wrote:following your definition of a "top team" real isnt one either...
Right, we have a lot to prove. We started with a semi-final against Farca, more to come, off course Very Happy


Last edited by babun1024 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by izzy Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:58 pm

babun1024 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:Very harsh to write of Bayern just like that.

That match against Inter could have went either way.
Sloppy defending and the constant wasting of chances cost them.

I have no doubt in my mind that with a few good CBs signings like Jerome Boateng and they will be the Dark Horse to win the CL.
I understand your point and their problems.The case is they have a lot to prove to be called a top team. The only real top team they beat over the years was Manu two years ago.It was on away goals,too.
Raffy wrote:following your definition of a "top team" real isnt one either...
Right, we have a lot to prove. We started with a semi-final against Farca, more to come, off course Very Happy

You seem to be forgetting when they beat us in the 06/07 CL season.

Remember. Makaay......13 Fkn Seconds.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:03 pm

babun1024 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:Some decent CBs and Bayern will prove a lot of people wrong.
They couldn't beat Inter in their worst state... What top team did they eliminate after 2001?

Hmm you could say the same about Real Madrid tbf

Also they knocked out Man Utd last year on thier way to the final :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Babun Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:Some decent CBs and Bayern will prove a lot of people wrong.
They couldn't beat Inter in their worst state... What top team did they eliminate after 2001?

Hmm you could say the same about Real Madrid tbf

Also they knocked out Man Utd last year on thier way to the final :coffee:
I don't deny the Real Madrid part. We've got a lot to prove.


Last edited by babun1024 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Babun Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:05 pm

izzy26 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:Very harsh to write of Bayern just like that.

That match against Inter could have went either way.
Sloppy defending and the constant wasting of chances cost them.

I have no doubt in my mind that with a few good CBs signings like Jerome Boateng and they will be the Dark Horse to win the CL.
I understand your point and their problems.The case is they have a lot to prove to be called a top team. The only real top team they beat over the years was Manu two years ago.It was on away goals,too.
Raffy wrote:following your definition of a "top team" real isnt one either...
Right, we have a lot to prove. We started with a semi-final against Farca, more to come, off course Very Happy

You seem to be forgetting when they beat us in the 06/07 CL season.

Remember. Makaay......13 Fkn Seconds.
C'mon, we weren't a top team at that time. R.Carlos didn't even bother to defend that one. Or are you suggesting, we dominated Europe at that time? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Some very harsh OP, the same can be said about RM and we wouldnt be a top team ourselves.

I think they are european elite, they suffered a terrible season but pulled together at the end.

with the players they have you just cant dismiss them
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by izzy Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:07 pm

I understand your point.

Like Madrid, they need to go futher in the CL and prove they are true contenders by beating some of the top European teams. By doing this, both Madrid and Bayern will return to how they were percieved in the late 90s-early 2000s, European Powerhouses.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:26 pm

babun1024 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:Some decent CBs and Bayern will prove a lot of people wrong.
They couldn't beat Inter in their worst state...

In Bayern's defense, Inter in their worst state was only under Rafa. After Leonardo took over, Inter's form skyrocketed till the end of the season.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3113
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Die_Roten Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:00 pm

I was as surprised as anyone when Inter ripped apart our obviously world class defense. We practiced our defensive tactics so much they should have been perfect!

Wait a minute...
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by S Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:05 pm

inter were lucky to win that match against bayern..bayern like shud have been 3-0 up at half time..so poor was inter's defending..but bayern really have a deadly team..i think bayern shud spend their money in bringing one top notch CB rather than 2 mediocre cb's with that same amt..they shud get zapata frm udinese ..he's a beast !!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28515
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Die_Roten Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:inter were lucky to win that match against bayern..bayern like shud have been 3-0 up at half time..so poor was inter's defending..but bayern really have a deadly team..i think bayern shud spend their money in bringing one top notch CB rather than 2 mediocre cb's with that same amt

It depends on what you consider top notch. Personally, I think Mertesacker is a great CB that was let down by Werder believing defense is the anti-christ, and Boateng has the potential to be a great CB. Add to that Breno and Badstuber, who can only improve under Heynckes, and the revival of Van Buyten and our defense isn't that bad. Even then, we'd have Tymo/Vidal as cover (assuming we buy Vidal, that is).

I really don't think there's any world class CB's on the market anyway, so this is the best we can hope for.
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:15 pm

lol they will go far in the cl with their players.. robben, ribery, piggy,gomez, muller, kroos, lahm ,neuer.. world class players all of them except kroos and hes getting there.. just need to get two decent cbs and a competent and not eccentric manager
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:16 pm

2 CB's and they will easily be one of the best.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by juventus101 Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:18 pm

With one world class defender and one decent defender, Bayern could be the strongest team in europe. Looking like this next season, they would be strong as hell,defeinitely able to compete with any team, including fakecelona.

------------------Neuer
Lahm--Boateng--Mertesacker--Rafinha
------------Kroos----Schweini
Robben-----------------------------Ribery
------------------Muller
-----------------Gomez

If they could actually get mertesacker, they wouldnt even need boateng as the can just pair merte with gustavo, butit would be even more awesome if theycould get boateng too. Or they could get boateng and naldo. And assumkng robben and ribery are heslthy for most of the season, I would put money on them gor the champions league.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2537
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Die_Roten Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:21 pm

juventus101 wrote:With one world class defender and one decent defender, Bayern could be the strongest team in europe. Looking like this next season, they would be strong as hell,defeinitely able to compete with any team, including fakecelona.

------------------Neuer
Lahm--Boateng--Mertesacker--Rafinha
------------Kroos----Schweini
Robben-----------------------------Ribery
------------------Muller
-----------------Gomez

If they could actually get mertesacker, they wouldnt even need boateng as the can just pair merte with gustavo, butit would be even more awesome if theycould get boateng too. Or they could get boateng and naldo. And assumkng robben and ribery are heslthy for most of the season, I would put money on them gor the champions league.

Rafinha would be on the right and Lahm would be on the left. We'd have that epic Lahm-Ribery combo from I think 3 seasons ago Very Happy

Also, I believe Vidal or Gustavo would be partnering Schweini in the middle, and Kroos would be cover for one of the injured Robben or Ribery (cause let's face it, one of them will always be injured)
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:21 pm

Real havent done any better in last 8 years in CL. Are they not a Top team too ?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:30 pm

To be fair to Bayern, they were in their first state as well, when they met Inter, and, again, only lost on away goals, so I fail to see the OPs point tbh. :p
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 9003
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by izzy Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:30 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Real havent done any better in last 8 years in CL. Are they not a Top team too ?

Someone did not bother to read the whole thread through did they? :coffee:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:39 pm

izzy26 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Real havent done any better in last 8 years in CL. Are they not a Top team too ?

Someone did not bother to read the whole thread through did they? :coffee:


Even their striking legend thinks that they're only a top team in name. While they may have some impressive players like piggy, Robbery and Godmez, they don't seriously challenge other top teams in Europe. I'm talking about Manu,Farca , Real and maybe even Chavski. A Cl final appearance after their triumph in 2001 doesn't warrant the title of a top team in Europe.

What has Real done more that Bayern in the last 8 years ? Are Real just pretenders too .

What does that mean too Real ?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich are CL material now... Empty Re: Bayern Munich are CL material now...

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum