Lord Spencer
elmickio
The Madrid One
BiasedMilanFan3
FC_Hollywood
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why does no one play PES? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why does no one play PES?

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:30 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Your post is all based off opinion. I also don't understand the part about doing tricks, I don't really care if others don't care to use tricks. Would you go and tell Ronaldinho tricks are worthless and just slow down the attack?

This is question will always be up for debate, it's a matter of preference, not sure if you understand what that means.

You also just made my point for me, you've been playing it for 10 years and still can't do the tricks. Even if you didn't want to do them, you could still easily (IMO) learn the moves in Fifa.

I could do them, on lower levels, but on Top Player, no chance, the AI won't fall for them. The game is meant to be hard, its meant to be rewarding to pull off tricks. Easily learning to do the tricks in FIFA is not a good thing.

Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 pm

What I mean by "doing tricks" is that you can easily learn how they work, it's not easy to always make them work. (I would love for you to face Gil or LM) It's not about the AI falling for your tricks, it's about reading the AI and reacting to them (that is my technique), not everyone is going to be doing tricks. Most of the people I face on head to head ranked games are not doing tricks. Just because you're not good at them, doesn't mean others can't be better and able to incorporate them into their game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:41 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:What I mean by "doing tricks" is that you can easily learn how they work, it's not easy to always make them work. (I would love for you to face Gil or LM) It's not about the AI falling for your tricks, it's about reading the AI and reacting to them (that is my technique), not everyone is going to be doing tricks. Most of the people I face on head to head ranked games are not doing tricks. Just because you're not good at them, doesn't mean others can't be better and able to incorporate them into their game.

Thats the thing, due to the training section in PES, I know how the tricks work, but once you get to Top Player, its virtually impossible to pull them off unless you time it perfectly. So most people don't bother.

It's like snooker, learning all the cool tricks is easy, now try and use them against Ronnie O'Sullivan.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Ordinho10 wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:What I mean by "doing tricks" is that you can easily learn how they work, it's not easy to always make them work. (I would love for you to face Gil or LM) It's not about the AI falling for your tricks, it's about reading the AI and reacting to them (that is my technique), not everyone is going to be doing tricks. Most of the people I face on head to head ranked games are not doing tricks. Just because you're not good at them, doesn't mean others can't be better and able to incorporate them into their game.

Thats the thing, due to the training section in PES, I know how the tricks work, but once you get to Top Player, its virtually impossible to pull them off unless you time it perfectly. So most people don't bother.

It's like snooker, learning all the cool tricks is easy, now try and use them against Ronnie O'Sullivan.

How is that realistic though? Can top dribblers not dribble around top players? I guess when Messi runs through an entire team we should just say "meh" cause it's unrealistic. Flair football is more exciting and better to watch and thus to play.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Last edited by kingsofthenortheast on Thu May 07, 2015 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:24 pm

Yea the transfers are kind of crazy ie rooney anddd Gerrard to Valencia but I still can't get little old rossi
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Last edited by kingsofthenortheast on Thu May 07, 2015 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Last edited by kingsofthenortheast on Thu May 07, 2015 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Do you guys set your transfer settings to High? Because crazy transfers like that only happen when its at that setting. On normal it will be realistic transfers and on low, hardly any transfers of note. If you want to keep on facing new players all the time then set it on high, but for realism set it on normal.

I set it on high once and Chelsea had Eto'o, Cavani, Villa, Torres, Drogba, Kalou, Anelka and Rooney as their strikers :facepalm:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:34 pm

Last edited by kingsofthenortheast on Thu May 07, 2015 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:49 pm

I am PES Addict !
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Tomorrow my pals are calling over for a day of PES! So much fun and stick given out for the loosers.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by elmickio Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:07 pm

SO much depth in the game this year.

Has anyone purchased Superstar difficulty this year?

Still struggling on Top player.

elmickio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:08 pm

elmickio wrote:SO much depth in the game this year.

This.

I can't even begin to think about Superstar difficulty. Top Player has me clinically depressed at times.

Seriously..its been a while since I've been challenged this much with pro evo. Goddamn defense ALWAYS cuts out that through ball. I figured out the best tactic is to change the pass angle, right before you release the through ball. That gives me the best chance of screwing over the defender. I rarely do chip balls, so this tactic works best for passes along the ground. I stay away from chip balls because there's too much uncertainty in whether you can get the ball, get a touch on it,handle the bounce, shake off the defender..all that. With a ground through ball, it's within your control as soon as the ball reaches the recipient.

With that said. Transfers are a whore too. I've been trying for ages to land one of Hazard/Pastore/Reus..but they keep smacking me down. Only ones I've been able to sign in my ML is Adam Johnson , Marko Marin ( loaned him out..too weak ) , The Ronaldo ( Fatty ) , Roberto Carlos Very Happy, and Neymar.
Only managed to get Ronnie and Roberto because they came as created players with my pack, and Neymar because of PES being retarded about the Brazillian League. Couldnt capture Ganso though..although he's fairly limited as just an AM.

All in all...I have Revelations and Skyrim collecting dust because I'm on PES again. UC3 and PES are pretty much all I'm doing these days.
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Last edited by kingsofthenortheast on Thu May 07, 2015 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:54 am

Believe me when I say SuperStar difficulty is too easy, its like 6 star in PES 5. The AI just attacks like hell, so since I have a counter attacking team I just ruthlessly exploit the spaces it leaves. I average 3-4 goals a game because of this.

5 star(Top Player) has always been the hardest difficulty, mostly because this is where you notice lots of scripting. i.e. The oppostion may be crap for 70mins then in the last 20mins they play like a combination of Brazil 82, Pep's Barcelona and Cruyff's Ajax.... at their best. Honestly , the AI becomes unstoppable and if your not careful you can ship 4-5 in the last 20mins, believe me, its happened to me before.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:05 am

The Lizard King wrote:
elmickio wrote:SO much depth in the game this year.

This.

I can't even begin to think about Superstar difficulty. Top Player has me clinically depressed at times.

Seriously..its been a while since I've been challenged this much with pro evo. Goddamn defense ALWAYS cuts out that through ball. I figured out the best tactic is to change the pass angle, right before you release the through ball. That gives me the best chance of screwing over the defender. I rarely do chip balls, so this tactic works best for passes along the ground. I stay away from chip balls because there's too much uncertainty in whether you can get the ball, get a touch on it,handle the bounce, shake off the defender..all that. With a ground through ball, it's within your control as soon as the ball reaches the recipient.

With that said. Transfers are a whore too. I've been trying for ages to land one of Hazard/Pastore/Reus..but they keep smacking me down. Only ones I've been able to sign in my ML is Adam Johnson , Marko Marin ( loaned him out..too weak ) , The Ronaldo ( Fatty ) , Roberto Carlos Very Happy, and Neymar.
Only managed to get Ronnie and Roberto because they came as created players with my pack, and Neymar because of PES being retarded about the Brazillian League. Couldnt capture Ganso though..although he's fairly limited as just an AM.

All in all...I have Revelations and Skyrim collecting dust because I'm on PES again. UC3 and PES are pretty much all I'm doing these days.

Top Player is depressing, especially when the scripting kicks in, but Superstar is easier for those who play a counter attacking style of football like I do, you'll be surprised just how many goals you will score.

PES has always been like this lmao, the opposition defence seem to move to the place your going to pass before you even pressed X, its like the AI reads your mind or something. As a counter attakcer I utilise chip balls a lot, i've scored many balls from using the technique, even in BAL. Maybe its just that i've mastered the use of it, like some people have mastered the use of the tricks. I always fail when I try and do the tricks lmao

Ground balls annoy me though, is it just me or does the player you played the through ball fro not make the proper run until the ball is close to him? I've lost possession many times because of this, still hasent been changed.

I managed to sign Hazard, Neymar and Gotze(I edited him in), but has anyone noticed the obscene wages players are on in this game as you progress? It was the same in PES 2011 aswell, the wage bill can be in the the millions lmao

Editing is fun like previous PES games though, I love creating players and logo's and all that, it actually takes up more time then playing the actual game. Thats why I still have PES6, I just update the transfers and kits and teams each year, its still the better then Next gen PES's, i.e. (2008, 20010 etc), no idea why Konami dropped the ball after PES6, maybe FIFA bought out some of the developers and thats why FIFA's doing good now :lol!:
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:15 pm

If any of you have the game on PC and are tired of scripting I would try out jenkeys gameplay patch which removes the scripting in the game.
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum