jibers
rwo power
The Messiah
Sushi Master
FC_Hollywood
Grande_Milano
14 posters

Go down

Best Poacher In The World: Gomez vs Higuain vs Cavani vs Falcao Empty Best Poacher In The World: Gomez vs Higuain vs Cavani vs Falcao

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 am

Basically, we have a group of new (compared to established guard) players that are breaking/already broke into WC/Top 10-15 strikers in the world. And all 4 of them happen to be poachers (yes they can do more, but thats what they are reknowned for).

So:

Cavani and Gomez will settle their fight between each other in CL fixtures, imo that will be the defining moment of who is better?

Who of these 4 players is world class/close to world class?

Who would you rather have on your team and why?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Best Poacher In The World: Gomez vs Higuain vs Cavani vs Falcao Empty Re: Best Poacher In The World: Gomez vs Higuain vs Cavani vs Falcao

Post by FC_Hollywood Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 am

Gomez king

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Best Poacher In The World: Gomez vs Higuain vs Cavani vs Falcao Empty Re: Best Poacher In The World: Gomez vs Higuain vs Cavani vs Falcao

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:24 am

Gomez right now, but Higgs and Cavani have awesome potential.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:35 am

Do you guys even realise that Cavani name is also Gomez.

Mario Gomez for me.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:44 am

Well, all 4 have played great for club & NT, and they have all scored at the World Cup, too, except for Falcao, although he was in great form at the Copa at least. So I think one could actually give them all the predicate world class as they proved themselves on the highest stage.

Personally, I would prefer Gomez on my team, because he showed great strength of spirit as he decided to fight through some dire straits when he was benched at Bayern and ignored by Jogi Löw - and he never complained, but whenever he was called up he still showed that one could count on him.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:06 am

Gomez for me. He has been doing this since last season. Cavani is second, higgy has not had much playing time so it's a bit unfair on him. Falcao...no. Gomez is like hernadez x 3. The modern gerd muller.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:15 am

jibers wrote:Gomez for me. He has been doing this since last season. Cavani is second, higgy has not had much playing time so it's a bit unfair on him. Falcao...no. Gomez is like hernadez x 3. The modern gerd muller.

Gomez for me too.
As you said sort of a modern day Gerd Muller.
Though havent seen the twist and shot on the swivel.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:12 am

higuain when hes got his form back.. but gomez atm ..can change though if pipita continues his form..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Do you guys even realise that Cavani name is also Gomez.

Mario Gomez for me.

scratch

I'd probably say Gomez as well.He just edges Cavani and Falcao imo.Higuain is catching up as well.

Cavani is not a poacher btw Grande.

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Gomez judging by his current form, but I'd take Higuain in 08 and if he gets back to his pre-injury form I'd take Higuain over any striker tbh.

However, I'd take Higuain in Madrid any day over Gomez, just becouse Higuain is bleeds white, same for Cavani since he is a madrista too, but the current better player is Gomez.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:51 pm

omarish wrote:Gomez judging by his current form, but I'd take Higuain in 08 and if he gets back to his pre-injury form I'd take Higuain over any striker tbh.

However, I'd take Higuain in Madrid any day over Gomez, just becouse Higuain is bleeds white, same for Cavani since he is a madrista too, but the current better player is Gomez.

Who said he is a Madridista ?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/07/02/2006015/palermo-striker-edinson-cavani-opens-door-to-juventus

:coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
omarish wrote:Gomez judging by his current form, but I'd take Higuain in 08 and if he gets back to his pre-injury form I'd take Higuain over any striker tbh.

Who said he is a Madridista ?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/07/02/2006015/palermo-striker-edinson-cavani-opens-door-to-juventus

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2011/04/18/2446681/napolis-edinson-cavani-real-madrid-are-a-club-i-have-always

“I am living a real dream with Napoli. Regarding my future, I have always adored a challenge. There is a club I would particularly like to play for and that is Real Madrid. My blood pulses to wear the white jersey or that of a similarly important side."
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Cavani wrote: I have always adored a challenge. There is a club I would particularly like to play for and that is Real Madrid

Cavani wrote: Edinson Cavani has declared he is currently living the dream in Naples but has admitted he would love to test himself at a club of the stature of Real Madrid.

Cavani wrote:"[Maurizio] Zamparini sees me in England, but I will stay in Italy. I have always been a Juventus fan."

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:51 pm

BTW, funny that no one ever mentions Tevez anymore. But I guess you could ask "What is the difference between Gomez, Cavani, Higuain, Falcao and Tevez?" - "They are strikers, while he just went on strike" Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Gomez has been excellent for 5 seasons now, while being injured for most of his first Bayern season, which most people did count as flopping. They shouldn't have. He was boss for Stuttgart, and he's even better for Bayern. If he can bring it to the NT in big games, he'll even make people forget about Klose.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:45 am

Filippo "Super Pippo" Inzaghi. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:53 am

I've seen very little of Gomez but he was remarkable against inter. I'd say cavani is more important to the team as he's great at tracking back but Gomez is better at scoring
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 am

Gomez is 26
Falcao is 25
Cavani is 24
Higuain is 23

IMO atm its only between Higuain and Gomez and Gomez is hitting about the peak age for a striker 26/27/28

Higuain still has a while to get there and is already producing the goods

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 am

Higuain is just as good as Gomez last season Higgy was injured, but look at 09/10 that kinda form shows he is as good as if not better than Gomez.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:36 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:Higuain is just as good as Gomez last season Higgy was injured, but look at 09/10 that kinda form shows he is as good as if not better than Gomez.

Which is why I said it's unfair to compare them. On form from the last 3 season, and internationals, Gomez is by far and wide ahead of the pack tbh. The guy is just lethal.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:36 pm

jibers wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Higuain is just as good as Gomez last season Higgy was injured, but look at 09/10 that kinda form shows he is as good as if not better than Gomez.

Which is why I said it's unfair to compare them. On form from the last 3 season, and internationals, Gomez is by far and wide ahead of the pack tbh. The guy is just lethal.

In form Higuain is as good as in form Gomez imo.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:17 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
jibers wrote:

In form Higuain is as good as in form Gomez imo.

Higgs is great but really needs some consistency. Gomez has been consistently performing for years on.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down