Why almost everyone on this forum hate Barca ?

+39
Kev
billy_gr
daneq
Magricos
StrugaRock
ToEy
harhar11
Ganso
JAY-Z
Omniscient
jibers
S32TABLANCA
Jack Daniels
Turok_TTZ
nichabr
VanDeezNuts
The Messiah
Lex
aford92
Swanhends
TalkingReckless
windkick
uzonero
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Harmonica
Vibe
urbaNRoots
Seppuku
the xcx
7amood11
Abramovich
Raptorgunner
free_cat
BarrileteCosmico
FC_Hollywood
H.A.
VivaStPauli
ChollaVille
C.Marchisio #8
43 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Why almost everyone on this forum hate Barca ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why almost everyone on this forum hate Barca ?

Post by billy_gr Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:37 am

I read the comments about diving and I agree. Being a Barca fan since the end of 90s I can say that players like Busquets and Alves piss me off when they act like they do.
On the other hand all this fuss about influencing refs etc is overstated. One could see a fair amount of ref decisions against Barca in the same games as well.

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why almost everyone on this forum hate Barca ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Why almost everyone on this forum hate Barca ?

Post by Kev Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:31 pm

jiopsi wrote:- Who surpasses or subdues mankind, must look down on the hate of those below.

Lord Byron
Baghdad is determined to force the Mongols of our age to commit suicide at its gates.
Saddam Hussein
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:36 pm

I actually loved Barcelona and hate no problem with them till a few years ago.
I remember I always watched them in CL when Ronaldinho was there but over the past few years I have grown to dislike them, maybe it's the Cesc saga or just players like Dani Alves, Busquets antics. I can't pin it down to one reason.

A lot of people would say oh you don't like them because they are successful but they were also successful when I liked them.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 pm

It's the nouveau riche attitude and the diving for most non-Real Madrid fans i've spoken to. Barca try to portray themselves as humble and ones who advocate fairplay... makes them look very disingenuous based on the diving, ref crowding and inappropriate comments off the field. You also have the likes of Cruyff spouting off nonsense all over the place, which doesn't represent the club well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:01 pm

bhends wrote:video still related

Sums it up...

Bunch of classless hypocrites.

They will never reach Real Madrids level.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:25 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I don't hate Barca, I even used to like them when Rijkaard was on charge - Ronaldinho - Eto'o - Henry was a joy to watch, then the Cesc saga + Xavi comments, and Barca fans after Arsenal clash, made me not to like them anymore.

Anyway always the successful clubs are hated, Italy was hated, Arsenal was hated, Manchester United was hated, Real Madrid was hated and now Barca is hated because their success.
In terms of Italy, the Azzuri have always been admired and respected by most football fans, regardless of their success. The only beef people have with it is the occasional diving of players in key moments.

In terms of the Invincibles, they were hated by some due to some players' arrogance, especially Henry's. I can totally understand why some people would hate that generation of players, although personally, I revered them.

In terms of ManU, they were hated mostly because of SAF's antics and in general, a disproportionate amount of luck going their way.

In terms of the Galacticos, they were hated because it represented everything that was financially wrong about football. And to be fair, that reason is totally justified. Although that policy helped us immensely, in a financial sense (and briefly, in a sporting sense), it did cause some potentially irreparable damage to the transfer market. However, paying a more than fair sum of 80 million pounds for a player is still better than paying an underhanded 30 million euros plus bonuses for a player that is marginally worse than the aforementioned player. But that's a story for another time.

Basically, jealousy is rarely the most important reason for hatred. There's always a more profound reason.

Who hated Brazil in the 50's? Who hated the 70's Ajax team? Who hated the Dinho- era Barca team?

Hardly anyone.

Who hates the current Barca team? Quite a lot, judging by the general atmosphere of the internet. What's the main reason? None, but jealousy sure as hell ain't the first one.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:42 pm

To be fair though, Barca as an institution hasn’t changed from the Dihno’s era.
I could even say they changed to the better. Rosell is a more down to earth person than Laporta and this is depicted in the group’s activities (with the exception of the sponsor).

What has damaged the team’s “visage” most is the behaviours of certain players that anything but honour the club’s shirt.

When your team has beaten a hated rival and still you feel something’s not right, you understand there’s an issue
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Omniscient wrote:

I watched the first video, saw Pique do the classic Barca face-clutch dive, and lol'd heartily.

Isn't it common to hold your face when a player intetionally elbows your face? Suspect And how was it a dive?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:40 pm

highburied wrote:
bhends wrote:video still related

Sums it up...

Bunch of classless hypocrites.

They will never reach Real Madrids level.

I agree with the play acting and "Owwww, my face hurts." It's disgraceful. I think I really started hating them after the Inter game... Busquets going to ground, getting Motta sent off... Was just really awful to watch.

As good as they are... The way they hound the referee if they don't get a call, go to ground with little to no contact, play act to get other players carded/sent off.... You can say that other teams do this, which might be true, but there is no reason for Barcelona to do it. With all of the talent and skill that they have.... It's shameful for a team that is the face of club football to be resorting to this. It's shameful for all teams and players that do this, but Barcelona should be setting an example with the talent/skill/current status of their club.

just my thoughts... Very Happy

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:57 pm

StrugaRock wrote:
aford92 wrote:The irony of Madrid fans hating on Barca players for diving is so funny it's ridiculous.

Honestly, I like Barca alot. The way they play football is just amazing to watch. Alot of the hating is down to jealousy. They seem to get hate on the same areas every time. Madrid fans cannot take the fact that even after spending €380m + and getting Mourinho they still can't beat them. Jealousy. Arsenal fans hate on them because they chased after Cesc for so long, but guess what? Cesc wanted to go. If you want a player and he says time after time that he wants to play for you, why wouldn't you keep going in for him? Arsenal fans also hate the fact Barca play better football than them and win things, they are what Arsenal should have been. Barca create youth players that become world class players, meanwhile Arsenal are always banging on about their great youth team and how "In a few years we will be the best" Well guess what 10 years have past since you started saying that. Where are these world class players? Nowhere, it turns out that players like Jeffers, Traore, Hoyte and Aliadiere aren't as good as you though are they? Jealousy.

Lol, some parts are actually true, but that's just 20% of the story.
Madrid hates Barca cause they are better???? Really??? ManU supporters hate Liverpool Supporters too, but ManU has been better than Liverpool in the last two decades. There a reason they are called Rivals, it's the same case with Barca and Madrid.

About Arsenal, of course they'll hate them, the way they got Cesc is "a true crime". So Cesc wanted to go to Barca, who gives a f***, he had a contract, he has signed it himself, so he has to obey it. So If Barca wanted to buy Cesc they had to pay a fee for breaking a contract. Instead they bragged about it in the press saying Arsenal held Cesc against his will. But there wasn't any will, just a contract.

Of course I know that Madrid and Barca have always hated each other, but since Barca have become this almost unstoppable force and are beating Madrid almost all the time the hatred has become more intense. From the Madrid side at least.

Just like now that Man United are the undisputed kings of English football the hatred from the Liverpool side is far greater than it was when Liverpool were the best. Another example is United vs City, before City got all their money they were a bad side, going up and down the divisions regularly. The only time they met United was in the cups, but when they did meet you got the sense that United didn't take it that seriously and they saw the derby vs Liverpool as a much more important fixture. Now though, City, with all their money and their great squad can challenge United and have almost replaced Liverpool as United's main adversary and because of this the hatred, the animosity between the two has increased greatly.

As for the Cesc situation, I will admit that the behaviour of a few Barca players was maybe a bit out of line, always mentioning him in the press and putting a Barca shirt on him at the World Cup (It wasn't just Barca players who did this though, Reina did it too.) But saying that, I don't see how you can hate on an entire club because of the behaviour of 1 or 2 players.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:08 pm

I think the fact that people actually defend Barca what irritates people sometimes.

The rest are just RM fans.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:27 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:I think the fact that people actually defend Barca what irritates people sometimes.

The rest are just RM fans.

People defend them because the things that they get criticised for are things that many other teams do, Hypocritical hatred at it's worst (or best depending on your view point). Diving, every team has a few divers in it. Look at Madrid, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Marcelo, Ramos, some of the most chronic divers in the game and yet Madrid fans hate on Barca players for diving. Crowding the ref, again alot of teams do this. Liverpool after the Adam sending off, Everton after the Rodwell red, Inter, several times in the Napoli game, Chelsea against Barca, Madrid do it too.

And despite some negatives, there are alot of positives. The football they play is a joy to watch, anybody who isn't a fan of the way Barca play football isn't a fan of football in general. Also the humbleness of the vast majority of the players/staff is great, when do you hear Messi go on about how great he is? When do you hear Pep talk shit about other managers (except Mou) or make excuses for his team? Are there a few bad eggs? Sure, but there always is. The way they bring through youth players is also a reason why people like them, fans hate seeing teams go out and try to buy success. And despite what some people have said, the success they are having is a big reason why they are hated by fans other than Madrid. An example of this is, Arsenal, they are basically a less successful Barcelona. Play great football and promote youth and they get nothing but praise from everyone except United and Spurs, despite the fact that they have had some less than honourable moments.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum