Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zealous
Lex
The Madrid One
Körbl
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ronaldo unhappy playing for Portugal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo unhappy playing for Portugal?

Post by white_star Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Can't score against Poland lol please we have such a crap defence, this guys sucks!!

white_star
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo unhappy playing for Portugal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo unhappy playing for Portugal?

Post by Lex Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:52 pm

Szczesny :bow:

Ronaldloool Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:53 pm

George Weah and Samuel Eto : Ronaldo is suffering.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 pm

You guys have some hidden obsessesion with ronaldo,...
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:32 pm

^So do you!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:53 am

Ronaldo has been almost forced to save Portugal alot of times, I guess he's sick of being the only player to actually give it 100%
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:16 am

Sorry but only playing offense isn't giving it 100%. I've never seen someone pout and stand around on the football pitch as much as Ronaldo does in a portugal shirt, it's pretty sad and those of you blaming his teammates for this are just insane.

Portugal is a good international team with good players on it, I don't know why people on here try to claim he is playing for the United States or something. You don't see Donovan pouting when he's been forced to carry us for the last 6 years or not track back. I'm a Sweden fan and they are not as good as Portugal but Ibra doesn't complain about it or Larsson before him.

There are a lot of other starts out there who have it WAY WAY worse nationally.

HE's just not that good for portugal and turns very one dimensional when he puts that shirt on and if that dimension isn't hitting then he pouts and might as well not be out there. HE doesn't have the passing game Messi has and can turn to nor will he help win the ball back for what ever reason so again he is very one dimensional.

BTW, he's not like this for MAdrid, so I think he has a little growing up to do, his national team situation could be much worse.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:21 am

Ronaldo was a beast for the NT in 2004 playing on the wing. That's when I first saw him play and was very impressed. Even though that Portugal team was very good, he played a huge part of it.

Since then he hasn't really performed at a consistent level for Portugal imo
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:25 am

dnmac4 wrote:Sorry but only playing offense isn't giving it 100%. I've never seen someone pout and stand around on the football pitch as much as Ronaldo does in a portugal shirt,it's pretty sad and those of you blaming his teammates for this are just insane.

Portugal is a good international team with good players on it, I don't know why people on here try to claim he is playing for the United States or something. You don't see Donovan pouting when he's been forced to carry us for the last 6 years or not track back. I'm a Sweden fan and they are not as good as Portugal but Ibra doesn't complain about it or Larsson before him.

HE's just not that good for portugal and turns very one dimensional when he puts that shirt on and if that dimension isn't hitting then he pouts and might as well not be out there. HE doesn't have the passing game Messi has and can turn to nor will he help win the ball back for what ever reason so again he is very one dimensional.

BTW, he's not like this for MAdrid, so I think he has a little growing up to do, his national team situation could be much worse.

Laughing

This has to be a hyperbole.
Spoiler:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:40 am

Le Samourai wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Sorry but only playing offense isn't giving it 100%. I've never seen someone pout and stand around on the football pitch as much as Ronaldo does in a portugal shirt,it's pretty sad and those of you blaming his teammates for this are just insane.

Laughing

Spoiler:

OH cool. Your using the word of the day you learned in 10th grade today. Keep it up man, one day you'll have a high school education and no one can take that away from you.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:51 am

I didn't watch the match so I can't comment on the veracity of his annoyance, but some of the comments here seem greatly exaggerated...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:55 am

This isn't hyperbole Laughing

Ronaldo unhappy playing for Portugal? - Page 2 183070_1287975896068_1730330569_519997_3471482_n
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:07 am

dnmac4 wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

Laughing

Spoiler:

OH cool. Your using the word of the day you learned in 10th grade today. Keep it up man, one day you'll have a high school education and no one can take that away from you.

It honestly wouldn't be proud of any certification received from that joke of a institution known as American high school Laughing.Word of the day? It's a word I have to commonly use especially when analysing poetry(I know it's a bit generous to categorize your writing as such but I try to give each writer the courtesy of attention to detail) but I suppose that level of analysis simply wasn't expected of you in the American system.

I made a fair point...for weeks now you've been exaggerating Ronaldo's lack of agency in defense and today you go as far as to say it's the worst you've ever seen,then you go on to cite Ibra as one who doesn't complain.Ignoring the fact that Ronaldo didn't actually complain your highlighting Ibra as "one who does not complain",considering he has done absolutely nothing of note for Sweeden exacerbated by his lethargy in both national team and club games,was incongruous and illuminated how thinly veiled your obsession with attackers playing "defense" really is.

Thanks though, once again while ironically highlighting my age and maturity level you've flaunted the fact that you're obviously more of a kid than me.

I'll indulge you and end my post with comment symbolic of my true age

Cool Story Bro.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:20 am

Dnmac you just got owned..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:05 am

Ah yes comparing Ronaldo's international achievements to Ibra's. What exactly has Ronaldo achieved internationally that he's so much superior to Ibra?

Does he play on a much better team?

Can he drive play and make others around him better?

Can he assist and help the team other then scoring?

Can he do anything internationally other then score and impress in the final third of the pitch.

Does he go missing for huge stretch's of the game and you forget he's on the field for Portugal?

And yes I can bring up Ibra because today for his international team he had a goal and an assist and he isn't known internationally to be someone who pouts and walks around the pitch while playing no defense.

You know the reason this thread was brought up by someone who isn't me and the same reason Ronaldo fan boys have no reason to back up what there saying other then I really like Ronaldo and stop talking bad about him.

And yes I have been putting down Ronaldo's defensive efforts for his club team because quite frankly he's pathetic at that end of the pitch and he couldn't be more selfish. Lex shows a picture of him literally standing there with hands on his hips pouting while letting play go on.

It's not like I'm making this up it's a fact and there is a reason he is known as one of the most selfish players in world football. And I honestly can't even think of anyone to compare him to when it comes to effort on defense, like I said it's totally pathetic.

If Portugal don't win the possession battle it's about an 85% chance he's going to pout, play no defense, yell at his teammates and have no impact on the game except blasting free kicks into the stands and a bunch of useless step overs while team mates are waiting for him to pass him the ball in scoring position.

Also, it's quite funny this critique is coming from a child who swore he doesn't read my posts and that he will never respond to anything I write again and his fellow fan boy with him who's one of the most obvious posters on the site and could never take an objective look at Ronaldo which means he just must not watch his international games because nothing I'm saying is wrong or even debatable.

I also don't get what either of you are saying. Do you think Ronaldo plays defense? Do you think he's not selfish? Do you think he's the same player for Portugal he is for Madrid? I mean what are you even arguing? Do you even know?

And try having a degree from somewhere of note other then living with mommy and daddy and getting out of elementary school before you go around knocking other societies school systems.

The fact is you have no achievements or real life experiences and society doesn't even think your old enough to watch R rated movies so for you to talk about analyzing poetry (must be cat in the hat) and how your school system is better then others couldn't be more funny.

Any course you have taken is pretty much at the lowest level possible not to mention you need mommy and Daddy to sign off on any important decision you make because again society doesn't believe you can handle big decisions at this stage in your life because your too wet behind the ears.

And BTW, if you want to be dumb enough to compare schooling since you brought it up go ahead , I have a high school education and a double major from the University of Virginia in Ancient History and Business Management how about you?

What do you have? The golden star award for doing all your homework this week? Or let me guess you got your really proud of your report card?

Try achieving anything academically before you talk about others. I understand a child of your age not being old enough or mature enough to be able to handle a concept as simple as that as that's probably why mommy and daddy have to give you the go ahead on any decision you make.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:37 am

Dnmac owned? Not quite.

Why are we comparing Ronaldo and Ibra on international level whereas Ibra has been levels above Ronaldo in international form throughout his career.

Ibra captaining Sweden, playing his his almost deep Trequartista role is essentially the driving force behind Sweden. Ask any Sweden fan and they will tell you he is an absolute maestro for them in playmaking and his solid goal scoring record. No close watcher of Ibra for Sweden puts him down along with the fact that he is a god damn hero in the country for some of his performances for his country playing in the deep.

He received criticism early in his career for Sweden but that was because he was played out of position as a number 9 and even winger yet nowadays, in team that focuses on physical play (which really doesn't suit him) he still excels for his team and performs in big games.

CR on the other hand is frankly put, a flop for his country. He is a shadow of the man he is for the club and many other players consistently outperform him within his international duty. Forget his sub-par performances, its hard to be impressed by him when he continues to moan and pout when things don't go his way within Portugal as this is disappointing especially considering he is the god damn captain. The complete opposite of Ibra who is a proven leader for club and country. He may be lazy at times, but thats Ibra and he has his own methods of executing procedures and in the end, performs nonetheless and quite well in all aspects for Sweden.

Lets also keep in mind that Sweden don't have the caliber of players that Portugal have yet Ibra still performs successfully.

Portugal are expected to be in higher levels of success than Sweden yet its quite obvious Ronaldo and his team aren't doing that (I won't go to my usual Portuguese stereotype here again).

I've already said enough about CR on international form but my personal point is Ibra has been miles above him in terms of consistency and performances than Ronaldo for his own country.

He really needs to step up his game (and attitude) if he wants to be known as a Figo or Costa for Portugal.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:48 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Dnmac you just got owned..

my Laughing of the day.

ignorant post is ignorant.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:22 am

Le Samourai wrote:

It honestly wouldn't be proud of any certification received from that joke of a institution known as American high school Laughing.Word of the day? It's a word I have to commonly use especially when analysing poetry(I know it's a bit generous to categorize your writing as such but I try to give each writer the courtesy of attention to detail) but I suppose that level of analysis simply wasn't expected of you in the American system.

I made a fair point...for weeks now you've been exaggerating Ronaldo's lack of agency in defense and today you go as far as to say it's the worst you've ever seen,then you go on to cite Ibra as one who doesn't complain.Ignoring the fact that Ronaldo didn't actually complain your highlighting Ibra as "one who does not complain",considering he has done absolutely nothing of note for Sweeden exacerbated by his lethargy in both national team and club games,was incongruous and illuminated how thinly veiled your obsession with attackers playing "defense" really is.

Thanks though, once again while ironically highlighting my age and maturity level you've flaunted the fact that you're obviously more of a kid than me.

I'll indulge you and end my post with comment symbolic of my true age

Cool Story Bro.

Your post makes no sense at all Ragbir. Ibra is nothing like Ronaldo in the pouting and standing dept.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:44 am

Right.

First let's establish something.I am the last person on this forum who can be considered a "Ronaldo fanboy".I am the biggest hater there is , many will attest to that so I really hope none of the following is misinterepreted as Ronaldo fanboyism.

Well I salute you, congrats on your double major, it's a fantastic achievement something I aspire to albeit not in similar fields.By American standards, currently I'm essentially in the first year of college actually......so no by your standards I'm no longer I'm high school.The courses I do now I've been told by university officials will exempt me from my entire first year of intro courses when I actually do matriculate.

I honestly have no desire to compare my education with yours,I'm sure you're well educated and you must notice I singled out American high school for criticism for a specific reasons.I've experienced it and have taken the relevant tests (since Americans are so stubborn about this in their college application process) and I have friends who are currently experiencing it.I can safely say it's easier.It's curriculum is not at all specific,there is no depth.Not only that but the lack of structure is stunning.........I look back now and laugh at myself , to think I kicked and screamed when I was leaving Cali,now I can see my father made the right decision.

As for your questions...if you honestly feel Ronaldo can do none of those things your reality is obviously blurred.He may not be World Class at all of them but he certainly does the vast majority of those things at a level ranging from above average to excellent.

Lex's picture sure...he does that sometimes....I guarantee you you can find a picture like that for literally every player on planet earth, perhaps Martians are blessed with the ability to exhaust themselves physically with no consequences.

On principle you can't bring up Ibra.Wether or not he performs you have been quoted as saying
"Sorry but only playing offense isn't giving it 100%"
Does Ibra live up to the lofty defensive standard you demand of your players? Well if he does then even more so does Ronaldo.It's clear that for some reason an illusion where Ronaldo does no defensive work continues to be engraved on your retina.

I believe you still haven't figured out that Ronaldo never complained,he exhibited some poor body language on the field which could be provoked by many things but a fundamental discontent playing for Portugal is not what I gather at all.The guy hates losing and I can understand him, he has to perhaps find a better way to effectively hide/channel those feelings.

I take offence to one bit of your post...the bit about analyzing poetry.I take Literature seriously and it isn't multiple choice like the SAT's , it requires in depth analysis for example here is my most recent assignment which I expect will suprise you.

Spoiler:

@Arq

I don't follow either's international career with any sort of detail to comment on the caliber of their international performances.I've watched almost every game the guy has played against Spain and from the bottom of my heart (which as you know dosen't have much space for Ronaldo) he has performed admirably.He really has.

Not just offensively but in our clash at the World cup defensively as well.

Recently Ronaldo has been excellent defensively, he has been pressuring , he has been coming deep to attempt to win the ball, I really can't fault his recent defensive work it is all jokes aside my favorite part of his (compared to other Real Madrid players) limited game.I must stress recently.

On Ibra , that's expected of him he does what he does.....Ronaldo's achieved some degree of statistical sucess and in all honesty during his younger days achieved a level of international sucess ( team wise) and perhaps personally yet to be matched by Ibra,

Anyone who thinks Real Madrid can be the same player away from Real Madrid is overrating Ronaldo and underrating those who play alongside him at Real Madrid.He dosen't have the skillset to be first option and for Potugal amazingly more so than for Real Madrid( something I honestly didn't believe to be possible) still relentlessly feed him the ball.Their midfield isn't capable of getting him the ball in the spaces he's accustomed to and they refuse to pass to better attacking options such as Nani.

Futile.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:15 am

Lex wrote:This isn't hyperbole Laughing

Ronaldo unhappy playing for Portugal? - Page 2 183070_1287975896068_1730330569_519997_3471482_n

That's got to be photoshopped. I mean, it looks like some sort of a joke or something.

When was that, the 5-0?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by black mamba Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:00 pm

who can blame him? he is not Figo
and portugal doesn't get too many penalties like real madrid so he can score lol

overrated player who will never win shit woth portuagl until he retire :coffee:
black mamba
black mamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:05 pm

black mamba wrote:and portugal doesn't get too many penalties like real madrid so he can score lol

My personal lol of the day

Also dnmac vs josh got way too personal for a football forum, I don't believe dnmac got owned (although as per usual I agree with him on almost everything) but seriously spouting about education levels on the internet? You guys should be above that.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Let us all compare our ePenis sizes while we are at it as well.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Josh, you claim to not follow Ibra's or Ronaldo's international career and you still go on to have an opinion :facepalm:

I've dealt with Josh in the past quite a bit and while you seem like a bright kid, you still lack the ability to learn from certain members of this forum. You still haven't learned to sit back and listen and I don't pick on you because I enjoy it, I want you to grow as a person and not always be on the offensive.

I agree that bringing up education is meaningless and has no place on a football forum (I myself didn't even manage to graduate). Both of you come across and foolish when you try to trash the other's education system and I'll have you know that school isn't the only place where you can learn and educate yourself. Life experience counts for a lot and while I do have issues with the places I went to school, I would never knock them and try to diminish what they can offer others. I just think that schools have yet to learn that not all students learn the same way and that kind of ruined my school experience.

@Lord Spencer, it's great to have you back. I would be up for comparing epenis sizes, but I wouldn't want to embarrass everyone on the forum :coffee:

I haven't been posting as frequently these days, but that might change now that the messiah has returned. Hope to see you around the Milan section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:39 pm

Speaking of Costa, Portugal could really do with a Rui Costa right about now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Rui Costa, Figo, Simao, Deco...Portugal really miss these players in the NT.
Also, Maniche was a beast in the NT.

Portugal NT's problem in the last 10 years has been a world class striker. If they had one, I think they would have won Euro04, and might've made it to the WC06 final. Pauleta was good, but not WC imo

But now, they have more problems than just a striker..
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next