VendettaRed07
McAgger
Tomwin Lannister
S
73 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Where will Sterling be next season ?

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_lcap7%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_lcap56%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 15 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_lcap19%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 27

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Highburied wrote:Benteke is no different from Balotelli, Lambert and co.

If he was available for 15m , then worth taking a risk, but paying over 30m for him is a huge risk.

Liverpool management are not patient on transfer market.

Well, he has good attitude compared to Balotelli.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 11 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by Highburied Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:06 pm

free_cat wrote:

If he was available for 15m , then worth taking a risk, but paying over 30m for him is a huge risk.

Well, he has good attitude compared to Balotelli.

In terms of style of play, they similar.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Unique wrote:
free_cat wrote:Well,I guess people are against Benteke because he is a donkey.
However, it's like assured he will score more than 6 goals, like Liverpool top scorer last season, so he'll definitely improve your strike force.
I remember when spurs spent 30 mil on a world class striker from spain. how did he turn out. benteke has a strike rate of a goal every 2 games in the prem lge for villa. if he can even better that by 10% at Liverpool id say that's far from a donkey

Lol, Soldado was never world class. I don't think anyone considered Soldado signing for 30 milion a good move (at least I don't think I did). Soldado only has finishing and heading, pretty similar to Benteke actually, with Benteke being the better athlete.

You can be a donkey and score a lot of goals, aka Inzaghi.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:07 pm

He doesnt fit in Liverpool tactics and style of play.

that's the point. he is the only striker we are linked with that is not a risk. we know we can at the very least get as much out of him as villa. that's a 1 in 2 strike rate.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:07 pm

The question is not about how good/bad Benteke is in absolute terms.

The question is, is he good enough for Liverpool to merit that fee?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:09 pm

free_cat wrote:
Unique wrote:
free_cat wrote:Well,I guess people are against Benteke because he is a donkey.
However, it's like assured he will score more than 6 goals, like Liverpool top scorer last season, so he'll definitely improve your strike force.
I remember when spurs spent 30 mil on a world class striker from spain. how did he turn out. benteke has a strike rate of a goal every 2 games in the prem lge for villa. if he can even better that by 10% at Liverpool id say that's far from a donkey

Lol, Soldado was never world class. I don't think anyone considered Soldado signing for 30 milion a good move (at least I don't think I did). Soldado only has finishing and heading, pretty similar to Benteke actually, with Benteke being the better athlete.

You can be a donkey and score a lot of goals, aka Inzaghi.
Liverpool need goals. and he will get goals. and name me some 24yo strikers in Europe better than benteke
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:14 pm

srigooner wrote:The question is not about how good/bad Benteke is in absolute terms.

any player we buy now will be over priced. and im not saying benteke is a world beater. but I think we pretty much know exactly what we will get from him. you buy top players from Europe and its a risk they don't fit in. di maria being one of them. great player bags of talent but don't fit well into English football. now I know there are better strikers in Europe than benteke. but if we end up with benteke then at least we know we will get what villa get from him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Unique wrote:
srigooner wrote:The question is not about how good/bad Benteke is in absolute terms.

any player we buy now will be over priced. and im not saying benteke is a world beater. but I think we pretty much know exactly what we will get from him. you buy top players from Europe and its a risk they don't fit in. di maria being one of them. great player bags of talent but don't fit well into English football. now I know there are better strikers in Europe than benteke. but if we end up with benteke then at least we know we will get what villa get from him.

this argument doesnt make sense imo !
Benteke is a huge risk for that price, specially considering BR will have to mould him into a little different player or he has to change the style a bit...or make both to get best out of him !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:01 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Unique wrote:

this argument doesnt make sense imo !
Benteke is a huge risk for that price, specially considering BR will have to mould him into a little different player or he has to change the style a bit...or make both to get best out of him !
players like coutinho firmino milner and Henderson have to make more chances for him than villa did. and tbh I think his ground game is better than people think. all villa did was pump crosses into the box for him. he is quick. very strong. good in the air. can hold the ball up. and can score with both feet. plus unlike balotelli he makes runs into the box.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:08 pm

Cant understand the fuss. Liverpool has 3 strikers already on top of another 2 seemingly wasteful ones (balo and lambert). What are they planning to do with Ings and Origi if they sign yet another starting cf. Mind you they dont have cl this term and so the fixture list will be comparatively lesser than last year. EDIT : sorry, forgot about Europa league entirely.

IMHO should give Origi a chance, see what he can do before jumping in to sign another striker. He fits their system far better than someone like Benteke I think. And then theres Ings who is underrated.

Clever move would be to use the sterling money on strengthening their defense, so that they wont have to play someone like Can everytime out of position.
And Thats also because the striker market right now is crap.
Pool are in much better situation than they think they are imo in regards to their strike force.
We united need addressing the issue far more than them actually.

Last edited by Glory on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Glory wrote:Cant understand the fuss. Liverpool has 3 strikers already on top of another 2 seemingly wasteful ones (balo and lambert). What are they planning to do with Ings and Origi if they sign yet another starting cf. Mind you they dont have cl this term and so the fixture list will be comparatively lesser than last year.

IMHO should give Origi a chance, see what he can do before jumping in to sign another striker. He fits their system far better than someone like Benteke I think. And then theres Ings who is underrated.

Clever move would be to use the sterling money on strengthening their defense, so that they wont have to play someone like Can everytime out of position.
Pool are in much better situation than they think they are imo in regards to their strike force.

Very nice points .

Could be Rodgers being shit instead of writing off the whole team especially strikers.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Who did you really think we'd get?

Benteke is not a bad option. For a striker, especially now with Firmino, we need someone that can get into the right spaces and finish. Having someone like Suarez would be ideal, obviously, but on the attack Firmino and Coutinho are going to demand a lot of the ball and create a ton of chances. Between Henderson and those two Benteke will just need to be able to finish at a decent clip to be useful and worth the transfer.

I don't mind it at all, and if Sturridge can come back healthy they will complement eachother nicely as well. I hope you all eat crow...giving up on the season before it even starts FFS.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:23 pm

Glory wrote:Cant understand the fuss. Liverpool has 3 strikers already on top of another 2 seemingly wasteful ones (balo and lambert). What are they planning to do with Ings and Origi if they sign yet another starting cf. Mind you they dont have cl this term and so the fixture list will be comparatively lesser than last year.

signing clyne should mean can no longer plays right back. plus wisdom has come back from loan and can cover right back. on origi and ings. only young players but I don't think we can count on them to make us chalange for a top 4 spot. we should sell balo and lambert.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:31 pm

Who are your CB options? Kolo, Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren? Are you happy with this? Any youngsters who might be worthy?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Who are your CB options? Kolo, Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren? Are you happy with this? Any youngsters who might be worthy?
we signed the young CB from Charlton and im not sure he is ready for first team games.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:36 pm

ok.

And what's up with my favourite Liverpudlian, Jon 'Cletus' Flanagan?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:ok.

And what's up with my favourite Liverpudlian, Jon 'Cletus' Flanagan?
I think he is a long way from fitness. out with injury for close to a year.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:40 pm

that's a pity. loved him in 13/14. hope he comes back good.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:that's a pity. loved him in 13/14. hope he comes back good.
yeah he did very well for us. but it will be hard to come back just as good from a injury that bad. came through the youth team aswell. something I like to see.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Who are your CB options? Kolo, Skrtel, Sakho and Lovren? Are you happy with this? Any youngsters who might be worthy?

This is what I was referring as well.
Not full backs. Its the cb area that need strengthening. Skrtel and Sakho are the only reliable lot from those 4.
Toure ? really. How is he still playing for a team like liverpool ?
Sorry I am not questioning or criticizing or any thing. Just writing down my opinion. I honestly wouldnt be happy if my team had a washed up kolo toure as a 2nd backup CB option. Liverpool can clearly do better than that, cant they ?!

And compared to that defense their forward line is abundantly stocked and more than decent. Its the defense that need a bolstering.

Buy a new CB for around 20-25 mil and keep the rest of the money to further add on in future to the transfer budget, and use that when a good promising option is available. Benteke is clearly not worth 32 mil pounds.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:26 pm

I am really happy that we are not buying a CB Laughing it doesnt make a difference at all in our defense till Rodgers is here !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Liverpool lined up one of the best defensive sides in the PL second half of last year. I believe Rodgers was at the helm then.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:55 pm

origi just had a good run out and scored a cracking header. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:18 pm

El Cujo wrote:Liverpool lined up one of the best defensive sides in the PL second half of last year. I believe Rodgers was at the helm then.

I am not a big fan of 3 at the back, i think you cant play consistently three at the back in EPL to finish in top 4 !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:21 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
El Cujo wrote:Liverpool lined up one of the best defensive sides in the PL second half of last year. I believe Rodgers was at the helm then.

I am not a big fan of 3 at the back, i think you cant play consistently three at the back in EPL to finish in top 4 !
buying clyne puts a end to a back 3 imo.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:38 pm

we will see how we perform defensively with 4 at the back in this season !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next