RealGunner
Rebaño Sagrado
Nishankly
Pseudo
Art Morte
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Raheem Sterling is early bloomer and will become nothing special Empty Raheem Sterling is early bloomer and will become nothing special

Post by Art Morte Sat May 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Got nothing against him, just wanted to stick my neck out on this.

In the two odd years he's been in the scene, he hasn't really developed any strengths apart from his acceleration, which was already there when he started to emerge as a 17-18-year-old. He's 20 now and I just don't see the sort of technical qualities that would make him world-class or even great. He's playing basically the same way now as he was two years ago.

I don't see where the next step in his development would be coming from.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Raheem Sterling is early bloomer and will become nothing special Empty Re: Raheem Sterling is early bloomer and will become nothing special

Post by Pseudo Sat May 02, 2015 5:49 pm

I guess this means he's leaving Liverpool.
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Raheem Sterling is early bloomer and will become nothing special Empty Re: Raheem Sterling is early bloomer and will become nothing special

Post by Nishankly Sat May 02, 2015 5:53 pm

The thing is he's already reached a level that's good enough to start for 85% of the teams in the PL. So he's already something special if you account the age factor and prolific factor in it. He has managed double figures in two consecutive seasons at the age of 18 and 19.

He's established himself as one of the best young players in the league, He'll improve im sure once he's settled at Liverpool or some other club.

We need to stop playing him on the wings a lot. Ibe can do that, Ibe's more traditional.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat May 02, 2015 5:54 pm

If his decision making improved he'd be one of the most dangerous players in the prem. Everytime I watch Pool he's creating space for himself and his teammates with his dribbling and speed, but he usually ends up making a selfish and stupid decision. And I don't see how you can hold his technique against him. It's pretty good for an English player.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 02, 2015 6:06 pm

He is only 20 years old though. Unless you are Messi or Wilshere, decision making at 20 is often inconsistent along with performances.

I think he is a very good talent. Agreed with both Nishy and Rebano with their posts on his strengths. What I would add is that Sterling doesn't seem like a guy who can be motivated easily. He is showing Quaresma-esque tendencies and that is bad if he wants to be a top player.

If he wants to develop he needs to do 2 things

1) Force a move away to somewhere he can be happy
2) Sign a contract extension with LFC and play with heart like he wants to be there

Sterling of last season is vastly different to Sterling this season. He isn't respecting football enough. He is playing like he has done it all and is doing a massive favour to Liverpool for being there. I mean who gives ultimatum to clubs at that age lol?

He needs to learn humility from Oxlade.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 02, 2015 6:27 pm

lmao

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat May 02, 2015 6:56 pm

lol at those predictions about 20 year old players .
as if there is an exact science that enables you to foresee a player's career trajectory .

a 22 year old Drogba was deemed not good enough for Ligue 2. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 03, 2015 3:00 am

rofl

How many players this year have under performed under Rodgers? More than half?

We literally rely on a 20 year old kid to carry us.

Apart from maybe Coutinho, I can't think of another single player that has progressed at all this season. They've all stagnated. That's what happens when you build your whole style of play on one player that you know will leave. Clueless manager.

So yeah, I can't really blame any of the players at all here.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 03, 2015 6:12 am

farfan wrote:lol at those predictions about 20 year old players .
as if there is an exact science that enables you to foresee a player's career trajectory .

a 22 year old Drogba was deemed not good enough for Ligue 2. Laughing

No, there isn't, but I don't know what's wrong with making predictions. I take it you're not a betting man, then. I've watched him basically all his career, him being a Liverpool player, and I'm just making a prediction based on what I'm seeing. I may well be wrong, time will tell.

Red Alert wrote:rofl

How many players this year have under performed under Rodgers? More than half?

We literally rely on a 20 year old kid to carry us.

Apart from maybe Coutinho, I can't think of another single player that has progressed at all this season. They've all stagnated. That's what happens when you build your whole style of play on one player that you know will leave. Clueless manager.

So yeah, I can't really blame any of the players at all here.

Rodgers definitely deserves some of the blame on players' performance levels due to his constant change of formation and tactics, player positions and overall cluelessness as to how to attack against deep-defending teams, but you cannot say the players' individual performances are solely down to Brendan.

Sterling loses the ball helluva many times when trying to dribble, lacks in shooting technique and decision making. These things are 90% down to the player, not the manager.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sun May 03, 2015 6:22 am

@Art using that tradition Coping Mechanisms to prepare himself for his departure this summer. Already on stage 4) Dissociation
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun May 03, 2015 8:08 am

I agree, I don't think he is all that special, decent player with room to improve but I can't see him becoming a world beater.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 03, 2015 8:31 am

nasir6371 wrote:@Art using that tradition Coping Mechanisms to prepare himself for his departure this summer. Already on stage 4) Dissociation

Actually, this is great, because I'm all relaxed about him now; don't mind if he stays, don't mind if he goes :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun May 03, 2015 10:06 am

RA if it was all Suarez making BR look good last year does that apply to Sterling, srs question?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 03, 2015 10:45 am

Yes and no.

Sterling took advantage of the space and freedom he had last season. Suarez was targeted by the opposition in every single game. That left space and freedom for the likes of Henderson, Coutinho and Sterling to operate in (and to an extent Dan too) in the final third. It's why we were so dangerous going forward. Because even if teams sat back Luis would always manage to affect the scoreboard (by either scoring or win a set piece which lead to a goal which in turn would open up the game.) Unless you were vsing mourinho of course...

The fact that we actually attacked with pace and purpose under Luis was also key and favoured Raheem. We play soooooo slow nowadays.

Sterling hasn't peformed at a high level this season by I fail to see how it's his all his fault for our failed season. Again more than half our team has been underwhelming.

There's other factors to Raheem aswell.
This is the first season he's genuinely well known / the opposition know about. This is his first "full" season. (A 2 week break isn't enough break imo.) he played in the world cup so got less holidays, and is still running around and giving it his all. Physically he's keeping up; mentally he isn't. Again he's still a kid. The fact that he's been used as a utility man doesn't help his cause either.

You dont get to 100 games in the PL at a team pushing for Europe at 20 years old if you dont have any talent.

Even for his "poor season" and standards, he still remains our top goal scorer lmao.

He has it in him to be very very good. Just needs the right manager. And as you know, I have no faith in Rodgers.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue May 05, 2015 4:48 am

Should work to obtain a Tevezesque or Agueroesque body. Doubt he'll do it, though.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 05, 2015 5:59 am

Lord Awesome wrote:Should work to obtain a Tevezesque or Agueroesque body. Doubt he'll do it, though.

Tevez and Aguero are genetically stocky though, Raheem has a tiny body frame. He's deceptively strong for his tiny body but still I don't think he can just work to obtain a body like that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 05, 2015 6:05 am

Another concern over that type of approach would be what happened to Agbonlahor. Bulking up the upper and mid-body severely cut into Agbonlahor's acceleration and overall sprint speed, two of his (and Sterling's) biggest strengths.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue May 05, 2015 6:12 am

He should aim for Hazard type body, mega strong legs and core.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue May 05, 2015 7:03 am

He should go for Carroll type body, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 05, 2015 7:50 am

There's nothing wrong with his physicality lol.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 05, 2015 12:18 pm

I am not sure I believe you have nothing against him. I remember when he got put into the team a couple years ago and yourself and others were highly critical of him. Didnt give him any time at all and rarely have I seen such fierce criticism of a then teenager.

I dont get how you can say you cant see the next step of his development. Its clear, if he has his head on straight he will become more consistent and then add goals to his game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Huh? Is that directed at me? Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 05, 2015 1:07 pm

directed at Art's OP I'd assume.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 05, 2015 1:10 pm

Yeah, the OP.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 05, 2015 1:13 pm

As I was browsing through the GoalImpact-related sites, I just checked Raheem Sterling and it looks that his projected PeakGI is not bad, but also not totally outstanding: http://www.premierinsider.co.uk/raheem-sterling_4863/

To put things in perspective: http://www.goalimpact.com/p/faq.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next