VendettaRed07
McAgger
Tomwin Lannister
S
73 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Where will Sterling be next season ?

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_lcap7%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_lcap56%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 15 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_lcap19%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 27

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by Unique Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:58 am

RedOranje wrote:I've not seen anything from Ibe to convince me he has a higher overall ceiling than Sterling. In fact, while I like what I've seen of Ibe I think he's decidedly less versatile and overall equipped to be than Sterling. He lacks the sight that Sterling has displayed (sporadically) and control, though seems to be a bit more clinical and perhaps more physically imposing. Whereas Sterling has *the potential* to be a top quality attacker that can play in several positions I think Ibe will eventually have to focus on a specific role (one in the line of Sturridge despite initially being a winger) and even then probably won't reach the overall level of Sterling.

That said, the vast, vast majority of talented young players never reach their full potential and I honestly don't expect that Ibe will either.
ibe is about 2 years behind sterling at the moment. But I think he will surprise a few people if he gets plenty of games this season. I defiantly think he will have a better season than markovic.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 17 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:28 pm

RedOranje wrote:And yet odds do not support that, nor does past evidence.  As such your line of reasoning and basis of argument fail to effectively stand up on their own unless you're willing to make certain out-of-the-ordinary assumptions.  Ultimately the fee is extraordinary because, for it to even be marginally worthwhile, several extraordinary factors have to align.  As a basis for analysis, that suggests that the fee IS a big deal as it is so extraordinary.

Odd? Evidence? What does this mean?

And again, you say out of the ordinary and I disagree, I dont think its out of the ordinary at all.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:20 pm

If only Ibe got that in form Suarez and Sturridge to help bolster his potential ceiling lol.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:04 pm

mr-r34 wrote:If only Ibe got that in form Suarez and Sturridge to help bolster his potential ceiling lol.
he is more of a team player than sterling. stronger. just as fast and skilful. but seems to hit the target more often at this stage of his development. sterling was more versatile tho.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Ibe needs to work on his decision making, but otherwise I like his tools better than Sterling's. As mentioned he never had the benefit of playing with Suarez/Sturridge/Coutinho who were on fire at the time that Sterling really broke out.

I think Ibe can play just as well as, if not better than, Sterling did last season without those two, and he was better at every youth level.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:27 am

CBarca wrote:What wages is he on?

Because you can throw around 50m all you want but the wages in the long term are the fee that people seem to forget about all too often (though Liverpool obviously haven't).

I think it is a good deal for Liverpool given their circumstances, as for City, I think we'll wait and see. However, given their circumstances, I can see where they are able to take on the kind of investment Sterling is and if he does fill out his potential then City will have made a good deal for themselves as well.

160k a week.

It's not a good deal for Liverpool.

It's never a good deal for Liverpool.

It is for OTHER clubs, but Liverpool doesn't know how to spend money.

We practically just replaced Sterling for Benteke. rofl

We bought Andy Carroll to replace Torres. Then paid 20m on Downing to help Carroll to settle. :facepalm:

We bought 6 "proven" players to replace Suarez. Because apparently he was nobody for us last season. We only needed squad depth to fight on. eco smile :wub: Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Sterling was extremely good for his age. While losing him for that kind of fee isnt a bad business from Liverpool point of view but its all about replacing him with similar or better quality players that matters. In this current market any decent player has multiple clubs with cash after him so how Liverpool are going to spend that money will be interesting.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:24 pm

Red Alert wrote:
CBarca wrote:What wages is he on?

Because you can throw around 50m all you want but the wages in the long term are the fee that people seem to forget about all too often (though Liverpool obviously haven't).

I think it is a good deal for Liverpool given their circumstances, as for City, I think we'll wait and see. However, given their circumstances, I can see where they are able to take on the kind of investment Sterling is and if he does fill out his potential then City will have made a good deal for themselves as well.

160k a week.

It's not a good deal for Liverpool.

It's never a good deal for Liverpool.

It is for OTHER clubs, but Liverpool doesn't know how to spend money.

We practically just replaced Sterling for Benteke. rofl

We bought Andy Carroll to replace Torres. Then paid 20m on Downing to help Carroll to settle. :facepalm:

We bought 6 "proven" players to replace Suarez. Because apparently he was nobody for us last season. We only needed squad depth to fight on. eco smile :wub: Sad
no we didnt. We swapped sterling for bentke milner and ings and had money left over. And its safe to say that bentke alone will get us more goals next season than sterling would have done
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Pretty sure that the Sterling replacement was Firmino, and he's a better player right now, still young so should still improve, and there's no guarantee Sterling will ever be as good as him...and we got him for half the price we sold Sterling at.

But yeah, let's say it was Benteke that we replaced Sterling with even though they don't play the same position.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:47 pm

El Cujo wrote:Pretty sure that the Sterling replacement was Firmino, and he's a better player right now, still young so should still improve, and there's no guarantee Sterling will ever be as good as him...and we got him for half the price we sold Sterling at.

But yeah, let's say it was Benteke that we replaced Sterling with even though they don't play the same position.
benteke is a better player than sterling anyway.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Unique wrote:benteke is a better player than sterling anyway.

Everybody at Liverpool is better than Sterling, from the players who are actually there to the players who MAY join the club......
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:52 pm

izzy wrote:

Everybody at Liverpool is better than Sterling, from the players who are actually there to the players who MAY join the club......

So true lmao
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:02 pm

There is no shame to say that Sterling is a big loss for Liverpool. At 20 the lad is a starter for the NT and for Liverpool. Big loss but at the same time there did the right thing selling him , he didnt derseve 200k/week.
The problem, imo, is that there is too many new players coming but no plan whatsoever. Like what's Liverpool's style of play ? Last year the strikers were Balotelli and Lambert ( 2 different strikers )
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:04 pm

izzy wrote:

have a look at both players stats in the larst 3 years
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:11 pm

Unique wrote:have a look at both players stats in the larst 3 years

Yes......... because stats tell the FULL picture......

I bet if I said Firmino and Benteke were better players than Sterling now and Sterling was still at Pool and all this transfer rubbish didn't happen, Pool fans would jump down my throat and I would hear all this type of stuff like:

- "Benteke hasn't played a meaningful game like Sterling has where he is getting teams best every week and playing 3 games a week like Sterling does."

- "Firmino has never played in the PL so we can't just say he's better than Sterling just like that. We have to wait and see."

But, Fck all that. Sterling is ass now and these Pool players and POTENTIAL Pool players are ALL better than him.

rofl
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:14 pm

izzy wrote:
Unique wrote:have a look at both players stats in the larst 3 years

Yes......... because stats tell the FULL picture......

I bet if I said Firmino and Benteke were better players than Sterling now and Sterling was still at Pool and all this transfer rubbish didn't happen, Pool fans would jump down my throat and I would hear all this type of stuff like:

- "Benteke hasn't played a meaningful game like Sterling has where he is getting teams best every week and playing 3 games a week like Sterling does."

- "Firmino has never played in the PL so we can't just say he's better than Sterling just like that. We have to wait and see."

But, Fck all that. Sterling is ass now and these Pool players and POTENTIAL Pool players are ALL better than him.

rofl
the bottom line is results. Benteke produces better results than sterling. And thats all you need to know
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:17 pm

Unique wrote: the bottom line is results. Benteke produces better results than sterling. And thats all you need to know

Sure............ had Man Utd signed Benteke and Firmino I'd bet money you Pool fans would NOT say they are better than Sterling.

Lying to yourselves.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:20 pm

izzy wrote:
Unique wrote: the bottom line is results. Benteke produces better results than sterling. And thats all you need to know

Sure............ had Man Utd signed Benteke and Firmino I'd bet money you Pool fans would NOT say they are better than Sterling.

Lying to yourselves.
talking about bets. I will bet you right now that benteke gets more goals than sterling next season no matter what team he plays for. Fancy it. Or are you all mouth and no play.lol
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Why would anyone argue that Sterling is better than Firmino at this point? Regardless of what team either plays for. Firmino has been more convincing for club and country over the last two years.

I don't know why Benteke and Sterling are being compared anyway, but yeah, Benteke will likely score more goals but there's nothing that suggests he's a better player. They're both different and play different positions so there's no need to compare them. For Liverpool if I had to pick one of them I would rather have Benteke only because we need a striker a lot more than a wide/central attacking midfielder. If I was building a team from the ground up I'd much rather have Sterling than Benteke.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:41 am

Goal in debut. Molenation
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:05 pm

linetty wrote:Goal in debut. Molenation
he got took out and should have had a pen aswell
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Also had a slip that Stevie G would be proud of.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:43 pm

Kick wrote:Also had a slip that Stevie G would be proud of.
that jokes new. ive not seen that before.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Trolling liverpool fans on facebook is so fun. I mean I don't even have to comment but I'll see a United fan go in and all hell breaks loose rofl
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Mario showing the love :bow:

https://twitter.com/FinallyMario/status/623477192249446400

Or trolling Laughing
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:05 pm

I was gonna post Mario's tweet but was scared of Red's extreme bias and lack of sense of humor. Very Happy

LFC fans are eating him alive.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next