BeautifulGame
iftikhar
DeletedUser#1
nasir6371
mr-r34
Dnmac4
11 posters

Go down

How Good is Raheem Sterling???? Empty How Good is Raheem Sterling????

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:16 pm

The title of the thread is How good is Raheem Sterling and I come at this form a unique perspective.

In Pedro's first couple years at Barcelona I said he was basically one the best wide players in the world. I was way off on that one. Pedro fit's what Spain and Barcelona do very well, and is that what Sterling is? I mean he is tailor fit for what Liverpool ask him to do and in there system he looks to be the best player on the pitch some games.

After watching Raheem Sterling this year I think he is wonderful. Also, this is not a knee jerk as he was tremendous today as I was thinking of making this thread a while ago. I think he could slot into a Barcelona or Real Madrid and not look out of his depth at all which is high praise seeing as would be competing for time with the likes of Pedro, Neymar, Sanchez and Tello or Di Maria and Bale.

Where would you put Sterling? Is he in the same class as a Robben or Di Maria? Is he in the same class as a Theo Walcott//Jesus Navas or Samir Nasri? Could he hold up in La Liga with the likes of Iker Munian or Antoine Greizmann? In France would he be compared to a James Rodriguez (Who I think is one of the most gifted players in the world on his day) or Ezequiel Lavezzi or even a player like Hulk?

Is he benefiting from Liverpool not playing in the Champions League or only really playing against EPL Defenses which IMO are very weak and not prepared for technically gifted fast players. If he was in the Champions League would he be tearing it up like the EPL?

I mean thinking about it, I really struggle to rate just how good this kid is, and not how good he will be but Right now as of this day How good is Raheem Sterling?????????

PS. I know some of these players are not a like for like match for the position he plays and I don't want this to end up in the Right back section. I used the players to illustratewhat level you would classify him in not fight over xplayer is better than x player.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How Good is Raheem Sterling???? Empty Re: How Good is Raheem Sterling????

Post by mr-r34 Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Nek minit, Liverpool fans will be bashed for this.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:43 pm

We need to see how he does in Europe next season and in Brazil this summer.

With his pace and all the space given to him in the PL, I can't tell yet how good he can be yet. Watching Bale with all his speed and how he has been running into defender and off the field when he has been closely marked in CL and La Liga. I will wait and see how he does against Continental defenders before I make a judgement on him.

However, I am excited to watch him this summer and next season. If Roy doesn't start him and sturridge Mad
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:45 pm

He is a Reus-esque style player as I've seen. Amazing pace, can play on the wings, but equally as good if not better in the middle (As he has been in the past 2 months). Amazing decision making for a man of 19 y.o. People are quick to say he's the next SWP/Lennon/etc without seeing him simply because of there stereotype around black pacy English wingers...but hell Sterling isn't even a winger ffs Laughing.

Once he improves his shooting and scores more goals like the first one today, then he'll reach WC status. Biggest bargain in Fantasy Football this season, 5.4 ffs Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:47 pm

He is just 19. It will take another 2-3 seasons to say what level he might achieve.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:51 pm

Beginning of the season i was begging for him to go out on loan, he was terrible come the final 3rd, his improvement is like nothing i seen before from an LFC player. In the space of 3 months he went from a kick and try out run player, to a really intelligent one, like sepi said once he improves his shooting, he will be great for us.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:58 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Nek minit, Liverpool fans will be bashed for this.

No offense why the *bleep* would we care about that?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Give it more time, I say.
But he is good no doubt.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Honestly, I think he is the only pool player that I like. Just the other day I was debating with someone whether he is better than Coutinho. As for whether he could slot in easily at Barca/Madrid, time will tell (*looks at Madrid*). I will put him next to Walcott, even though he seems to be a better decision maker compared to Walcott at the same age. Cant wait to see him at the WC, especially if England plays on the counter.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:42 am

So does he start for England? I mean I can't see him being left out of the line up especially with the super athletic group there in.

I mean I've made it pretty clear that I think England are going to get pounded in this group but if they can put a front 3 of Sterling, Sturridge, Walcott, Welbeck mix up front and get the mix figured out they could be cooking with gas as they are going to need to score a good amount of goals to get out of this group.

The pace alone and counter attacking options with Sterling, Walcott and Sturridge would be terrifying for opposing managers.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:34 am

mr-r34 wrote:Beginning of the season i was begging for him to go out on loan, he was terrible come the final 3rd, his improvement is like nothing i seen before from an LFC player. In the space of 3 months he went from a kick and try out run player, to a really intelligent one, like sepi said once he improves his shooting, he will be great for us.
QFT

His shooting is still better than Coutinho's though. With more gametime, he'll just get better and better.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:43 am

Dnmac4 wrote:So does he start for England?  I mean I can't see him being left out of the line up especially with the super athletic group there in.

I mean I've made it pretty clear that I think England are going to get pounded in this group but if they can put a front 3  of Sterling, Sturridge, Walcott, Welbeck mix up front and get the mix figured out they could be cooking with gas as they are going to need to score a good amount of goals to get out of this group.

The pace alone and counter attacking options with Sterling, Walcott and Sturridge would be terrifying for opposing managers.

Walcott's going to miss the World Cup due to injury.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 am

Sterling is difficult to assess, because he has developed so rapidly in the past year or so and still seems to be developing. A few months ago I made a 'Sterling v Walcott' thread in the Right-back section, but that was, I think, still when Sterling was playing mostly on the wings. Now he has been playing through the middle a lot, often dropping deep to collect the ball at the half-way line. You cannot compare his current role to Walcott. So, I think we need to take a bit more time to see which position Sterling makes his own the most and when does this quick development phase of his end. Any rating you give him now might be outdated in just a few months.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum