goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 22 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Wouldn't put past GRRM to wed Sansa with Jon.

but that theory is interesting. However if Aegon is fake then she is going to have another failed marriage lmao

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 22 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Dante Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:16 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Great post concerning the Children, Dante.

I think it's possible that we will learn that the Others have a tragic origin, however unless they also given motives we can empathise with, then they'll still be seen as pure Evil, as you brought out with your analysis of the Children. A possible origin of the Orcs in LotR after all, certainly the one put forth by Peter Jackson in the films, was that they were elves tortured and broken. It doesn't help the audience feel sorry for them though because all they do is fight for Evil. It's going to be a huge challenge for Martin, however I really would like to see the Others be revealed as complicated characters with whom we might be induced to side in certain situations. He might be planning on using Bran to accomplish this.

Good mention about the orcs in Lotr . Who knows what Martin is really doing.. there's that common feeling that there's more into the Others than meets the eye , more than the evil stuff that we see all this time and i find it very interesting them being anthropomorphised eventually . Actually , the show did have stuff to present , which made them actually intelligent , that 'ritual' or 'gathering' or whatever it was. They didn't seem savages there to me and what they did to the child is hardly evil , if i want to be strict . Any society that accepts a foreign baby , no matter where it comes from , the society will turn it into the same as their children. Maybe an allusion as to what is happening there with the Others? There could be a hint there , that the White Walkers have been humans once.. If that baby was turned and all of Craster's Sons , then why not them too , initially hmm

Maybe the White Walkers have been the First Men of the North .. the real North , not where the Westeros North is..

Perhaps men who were on friendly terms with the Children? Maybe they even tried to protect them against other men? Shared their "gods" , or even worship them as gods? As a result of that , maybe the CotF gave them power and made them like that .. all of this is pure crackpot , but just for the sake of it , maybe they are protecting something in the Lands of Always Winter , in favour of the CotF .. why else wights have been outside BR's cave but they cannot enter ? Could it be because they are there to guard the Last Greenseer and Leaf? We have to wait for WoW to see what exactly is there in the Land of Always Winter.. not sure how this will unfold , but we should learn huge stuff when it happens.

__

In any case . Since they confirmed that this will not be the case , good vs evil i mean. I am relaxed and i will leave it at that. As for Bran , well , i am not sure what to tell you. I can see him dying in WoW , tbh. Idk what will happen but.. ever since he made it into that cave , i can't give two shits as to what happens to him anymore , i always read to learn about Bloodraven Laughing

Because , his entire story after Jaime crippled him , was to find out the truth about the three eyed crow and he did. I suppose , there's only his climax into the story left anymore. I won't be surprised to see him dead after the WOW is over . People expecting Bran to see the entire story end under a tree , are hilarious in my eyes. It's like they never learn . No , he played his part and Martin will finish him off when he has no more to give to the story , simple as Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:59 pm

Did you know that the original version of the GOT pilot included flashbacks?

Liam Burke was cast as The Mad King.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120603192413/gameofthrones/images/thumb/b/b8/Liam_Burke.jpg/100px-Liam_Burke.jpg

A shot of the scene of Brandon Stark choking to death.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--NxznnsdC--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18ktw7lq5exh7jpg.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:17 pm

Hopefully we get many flashback next season
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Tower Of Joy please Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:24 pm

http://www.ign.com/wikis/game-of-thrones/The_Watchers_on_the_Wall_Differences
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:51 pm

They were right to replace Noyle with Grenn. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Next episode lol. Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:59 am

Stannis and Tyrion to boss the next episode?  hmm 
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:23 am

I am surprised they haven't shown lady stoneheart yet, might even be the last scene of the episode
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:29 am

Has anyone heard the theory that Littlefinger is actually the last surviving member of House Reyne?

I personally don't think it's true as the evidence seems to be circumstantial rather than text based, however it would be very cool.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:36 am

Butt wrote:I am surprised they haven't shown lady stoneheart yet, might even be the last scene of the episode
This will definitely be the very last scene in the season.

@Dost link?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:48 am

Agreed that Stoneheart will be the last thing we see. The impact will be far greater if it's the last memory from Season 4 as opposed to at the start of Season 5.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/111165-book-spoilers-petyr-baelish-reyne-theory-explored/
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Man the next episode can't come soon enough. Or late .. One thing is certain , it's going to be epic amongst epic episodes. It will be insane.

Tywin you will never be forgotten you cruel badass lion Proud

Tyrion in exile Proud

Jaime and Tyrion mind blowing scenes Proud

Fooqin Lady Stoneheart Proud

Fooq me life ^^

Also everything at the wall.. next episode will blow our minds away , i am pretty sure i haven't been this excited for an episode so far , in spite of things going unbelievably wrong for my favourite characters .

I know Tywin is one of the most ruthless fooqin sons of a *bleep* that has ever ruled , i know what he has done , but his death is quite the major loss , both in the books and without question in the show . It's so significant and important that it changes the balance in the game and when you realise we will get to see no more of Charles Dance .. Why couldn't Tyrion just kill Shae the funny whore and be done with it Proud

Man i missed Tywin in the books , but in the show i will miss him twice as much. Charles Dance has been the very definition of Tywin Lannister , him and Tyrion must be like the 2 characters that have given pure justice to their roles , i'd argue they made them look and feel and sound even better in some cases than the books.

Can't wait to see Charles "Tywin" Dance say the haunting , " wherever whores go " , with that insane fooqin stare Proud

Last edited by Dante on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:53 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Agreed that Stoneheart will be the last thing we see. The impact will be far greater if it's the last memory from Season 4 as opposed to at the start of Season 5.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/111165-book-spoilers-petyr-baelish-reyne-theory-explored/

Lena Headey , posted this :

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 22 10246199_277593872408249_548328823_n

What could it mean... Laughing

It's safe to assume it will be next episode , she wouldn't do that if LSH is meant for next season . Right ? And frankly , it doesn't make any sense to be next season . It's already a long time for viewers since when she made her last appearance. Adding another season of waiting might not turn out so well.

The memory is somewhat still fresh these days though , relatively.. I agree with what is being suggested , it will be the very last thing we see this season . This should be the most epic cliffhanger in GoT yet , i dare say even more than with the White Walker and the wights .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:08 pm

Can't wait to see that bitch Shae get strangled.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Can't wait to see that bitch Shae get strangled.

Me too. Good riddance , Shaethefunnywhore

And this begs the question , is that where whores go afterall hmm

I always thought Tysha is dead , never bought that theory of her being that marrying whore in Braavos.. i was thinking she is dead because of suicide . Because really now , who would be so mentaly strong at such a youth age to survive what happened to her ? It's not far fetched that she must have suicided.

Either this , or .. maybe Jaime saved her somehow ? We know Jaime does have that side and he knew she wasn't a whore and he knew Tyrion loved her . Maybe , he sent her to the Silent Sisters...? Maybe that's where whores go , to redeem themselves .? Although we know Tysha was no whore, ok . But what happened to her , maybe the only place where she could survive what haunted her , is the Silent Sisters.

Not sure what it would be more dramatic , because maybe , that's where the truth of what happened lies.. If she is dead , makes it more of a drama for Tyrion i suppose , him living with the knowledge of the tragic memory and knowing the woman that trully loved him is forever lost to him. On the other hand , her being alive perhaps makes it twice the dramatic story for both of them and i'd argue , she could never be the same person after that tragic crime. So , if Tyrion ever meets her , he won't find his lost love but a damaged human being who probably came to hate Tyrion with a passion , thus being unreachable to him ..

dem feels will be too many to handle if it ever happens. Tyrion searching for Tysha only to realise his dream has become a nightmare . Let's not forget what he was made to do by Tywin.. Tysha would never forget for that matter , if she is still alive.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Guess what lol?

GoT have only one episode submitted for the best writing/directing for the next emmys

Episode 10. The Children

can you smell what the GoT is cooking?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:18 pm

I was reading about the silent sisters on the asoiaf wiki to refresh my memory a bit. I had forgotten many information about them .And i have to say , i found some very interesting things , but first lets take a deeper look on Tysha ;

An innocent young woman suffers a life destroying , excessive rape . She has to be more than in shock , she has to be devastated beyond imagination , she's damaged for life , especially not being of noble birth , her life would never get any better after such a tragedy and the humiliation that comes with it. At the very thought of someone touching her again , after such a tragedy , it's safe to say someone would collapse . A person who survived such a rape , would barely talk after that , even for a long time . It even haunts Tyrion to this very day , i cannot imagine what it did to Tysha if she didn't suicide afterall.

Tywin mentions the steward sent her away , moments before he dies to Tyrion.. well , the steward , or Jaime like i said , it makes do difference as to where whore goes ; perhaps to the only place in Westeros where women whom are most unlikely to get raped . The silent sisters. It makes some sense , doesn't it. By becoming a silent sister nobody would presume to touch her again , not to mention where she wouldn't even have to speak (of it) again . What's more , Brienne also learns on her travels in AFFC that "even" silent sisters have been molested. Of course that's related to recent events that have to do with the consequences of the war , but it could also be a hint by the author.. like he so cleverly does very often. Little by little he leaves hints , first the subtle ones , then some intriguing lines and then definitive hints that reveal what is happening. This could be one of the subtle ones..

Moving on from this , an innocent and very young woman like Tysha , who survived to remember all the horror after this monstrous tragedy , could never live a normal life from here on , especially after being accosiated and wed to Tyrrion Lannister , his house being the richest in Westeros and Tyrion's father being the Warden of the West.. even from fear alone she would dissapear for good. Not only we know that The Strangers Wives are garbed in soft grey and have their faces hooded and shawled so only their eyes can be seen , but by being a silent sister it is commonly known , for quite a long time , that ,
asoiaf wiki wrote:People of Westeros are uneasy about and wary of the silent sisters. The silent sisters prepare men for the grave, and it is considered ill fortune to look on the face of death

Not only she could remain hidden and thus stay safe from any future harm coming from the powerful Lannisters , but she could perhaps heal herself by becoming a silent sister , with their way of living and devotion to the Seven . Not to mention people in Westeros being prejudiced when it comes to the silent sisters.. it's safe to assume these women would be the last to get raped and that's another good reason as to why she could have ended up being one .

Also.

asoiaf wiki wrote:A daughter of Ser Elys Waynwood was seduced by a sellsword, lost her bastard child by him and joined the silent sisters

Some info on some damaged woman seeking refuge to the silent sisters.. yet another hint?

Just food for thought.. there's something else too.

Ser Creighton Longbough wrote:A man would need to be a fool to rape a silent sister … Even to lay hands upon one … it’s said they are the Stranger’s wives

Strengthens what i said earlier , but there's something in the last words . The stranger's wives.. Now , i haven't read the books for a year now , but i am pretty sure Tyrion from all the gods , relates most to the Stranger. I am pretty sure he somewhat semi-prayed to the Stranger once , must have been something when he was dealing with Lancel Lannister.. it's been a long time , i don't remember well.

And in ADWD , Tyrion does have thoughts of the Stranger on his travels , i think thinking himself one. And he is , stranger in his family , stranger to his house , stranger where he is and stranger to the people he once ruled as Hand of the King. Maybe it's a metaphorical hint one of them , is Tysha , Tyrions's wife . The Stranger's wife.

It's not a very good theory , if it is one at all , but to me , a young and innocent woman who suffered such a catastrophy in her life which can never be undone , i find it much more logical and likely that Tysha would end up being a silent sister to keep herself safe and hidden from her past , than say become a fooqin marrying whore in Bravos , who would name her child , Lanna . Lanna?! As from what , the Lannisters who completely destroyed her life?

Idk , but i think GRRM intentionaly tried to mislead as there with the marrying whore and all , it seems somewhat easily and convincingly obvious that the only conclusion i can make from it is that , it's probably not Tysha . Someone like Tysha , a young girl who must have been one of the kindest souls , to look past Tyrion's gruesome appearance and love him , would definitely not look for cocks after what happened to her..

I am somewhat surprised that people actually don't even consider this , but think probable that Tysha would turn up in a brothel to continue her nightmare , for money . You can obviously make a case , but a steward senting her to the silent sisters , never to be seen again , perhaps showing pitty to her ? Would make much more sense to me.

Now , how Tyrion will find out and if Tysha will have a role to play in anything , i haven't the slightest clue . Clutching at straws here i'll say , that perhaps , Pod's ultimate purpose on his travels with Brienne could lead to that , somehow he finds out that Tysha is a silent sister all this time. Assuming Pod knows about Tysha and what happened to her , i don't recall if he does , maybe one day he will reveal the truth to Tyrion when he returns to Westeros . Pod who let's not forget , we know that after Tyrion destroyed his relationship with Jaime , Pod is his only real & true friend in Westeros and the only one that could , perhaps , learn about/stumble upon Tysha somehow and be willing to help Tyrion in any way for that matter.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Guess what lol?

GoT have only one episode submitted for the best writing/directing for the next emmys

Episode 10. The Children

can you smell what the GoT is cooking?

Like i said . it will be epic

Proud

As if it's not enough that this episode will show so many mind blowing things amongst other mind blowing things , we will get to see Bloodraven too . Fooqin Bloodraven on the series , GTFI .

How can it be anything else but epic Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:28 pm

I wish we would see bloodraven but I don't think they have casted him at all.

Also coldhands still hasn't appeared so maybe he will be the surprise entry. But they might omit him all together and just show the COTF

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:I wish we would see bloodraven but I don't think they have casted him at all.

Also coldhands still hasn't appeared so maybe he will be the surprise entry. But they might omit him all together and just show the COTF

mate , i am pretty sure i've seen a picture of the s4 cast which shows Bloodraven. there's a link in here , i think M99 posted it. In any case , if Bran ends up in the cave , which looks very likely . They have to show Bloodraven , right? How can they leave this out?

As for Coldhands , well.. they should have met him by now , we are well past that. If Bran makes it to the cave , not sure we will ever see him , but who knows , the series have this thing of altering some events. it could be him who guards the cave? who knows , we ll see. Coldhands doesn't need a particular actor either , so we should wait and see , though tbh , i do not expect to see him.

Bloodraven i do , i would be extremely dissapointed if they leave him out of it for next season. He's the three eye crow , Bran made all this way to arrive there. Surely he deserves to at least glimpse at what drove him there ? Would make for a great cliffhanger , even though it will be nothing compared to stoneheart.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Would love it if it's true. BloodRaven is easily one of my favourite characters in the ASOFAI world. Past(if you read the Tales of Dunk n Egg) and present. So nothing would make me happier than bloodraven

But I was confused as they really wouldn't omit Coldhands if he wasn't that important and if they are, then I am disappointed. So many theories on Coldhands and he isn't even going to be there lol.

Maybe he might appear afterall though. The episode is 65 minutes.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:46 pm

A theory on "The hooded man in Winterfell is Hallis Mollen"

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/27sjho/spoilers_all_the_hooded_man_in_winterfell_is/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:49 pm

Also, there are very strong rumours about the next episode that

The Hound and Arya will face off with... Brienne and Pod.

They are going to have a fight, Brienne is going to bite his ears and break his leg.

Break his leg.

Grave digger. Broken leg. Grave Digger.

Celganebowl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:51 pm

I think I am the only person in the world who is dreading LSH. I hated Cat (couldn't stand her stupidity) and hate LSH now. I'm also not particularly a big fan of people coming back to life, feels like a cop-out to me and you'll eventually run into the comic book problem where deaths no longer have the same impact (see Jon snow - which I did not believe for a second as I was reading it).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 pm

The POV deaths are rarely ever 'true' deaths. This is why if Stannis dies, he will be dead for good just like Robb and Ned.

Jon is the ultimate son of fire and ice. He is most likely going to the best last remaining character by the end of ADOS.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 41  Next